Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 14-06-2005, 01:14 AM   #1
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Cool EURO4D 2 Year Review

EURO4D 2 Year Review

It's been two years since I first stalled this Focus leaving the dealership, I have previously done the one year review, so here are my thoughts on Year Two!

Any comments are more than welcome, as always, good or otherwise!

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2005, 01:16 AM   #2
EFFalcon
Last warning

i can't beleive its been 2 years already :o
congrats on it
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2005, 01:18 AM   #3
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

Great review Tim.

Love the way you have done it as well !

Cant wait to see the RS when its finally done

Chris
Old 14-06-2005, 01:25 AM   #4
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

John - I know, doesn't time just fly.

Chris - thanks, it doesn't look as good as I had hoped but you get that.

The biggest point I forgot to raise was: Imagine me keeping a car for more than year!! It's a miracle!

Tim
Old 14-06-2005, 01:46 AM   #5
zetec
Zoom Zoom

You know the Focus has to be good to have lived with you for 2 years! You ARE a hard judge!! Congrats! It's a beautiful car, you have reversed my once strong opinion against Blue Flame and I hope the next 2 years are as fun filled and safe as the first two, just like mine
Old 14-06-2005, 01:56 AM   #6
Danny
GT4.

Its an awesome car Timmeh, A credit to ya mate, I love it! Now tell me when youre ready to get new rims too, I'll have the starcorp ones if i dont already have wheels!
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2005, 02:03 AM   #7
The MaDDeSTMaN
No longer driving a Ford.

Very cool the way you've done that!

You planning on doing something like that after you've had the RS for 2 years?
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2005, 02:53 AM   #8
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Really love those pics... and the car of course! I wanna make a mini version of it! hahaha (if only i had the $$$).... but yea, heaps nice looking car. Im sure it does pull in the looks.

Quote:
Flattering notes left on the car!
... Care to xplain?

Congrats on 2 great years.... hopefully many more to come!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2005, 03:05 AM   #9
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

Good to see you're still rapt with the Focus after what could be considered a period of time that has passed so quickly.

It's a damn fine looking machine, but more importantly handles very well, with a gearbox shift and such I wish the Falcon could've had stock.
Old 14-06-2005, 10:51 AM   #10
whippet_zetec
Supes

Timbo,

Your Focus is definitely one of a kind and would be a great example for Ford to show off the aftermarket potential of the Focus, such a shame that your creation comes as your model is on a run out and the new model/shapre comes in.

Its a job well done and if the effort you have put into getting your Focus to look like that is an indication of the effort going into the Eski I cant wait to see that machine up and running...
Old 14-06-2005, 10:52 AM   #11
whippet_zetec
Supes

by the way Tim...last pic, that black mark...your doing?
Old 14-06-2005, 11:35 AM   #12
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Thanks for taking the time to reply!

Matt - You're right, it took me about 7 cars to find one I like.

Danny - no problems about the wheels, I am hoping you will have some before then though as these tyres just got on the car!

Troy - No doubt I'll have a few threads on the RS, and will definitely do reviews on the car as time goes by to say what I do and don't like about the work I have done. Hopefully stops me making the same mistakes again later.

Teki - In regards to flattering notes, thats a whole different can of worms to open! I have always joked about cars attracting girls and all that, but it was always in jest, until one day something happened that changed all that! I'll talk to you about it on msn, haha. Hopefully many more years to come but I have this feeling that by the three year review, the front bar will either have had a respray / repair, or the car will be sporting a completely new front bar, just due to wear and tear.

James - Thanks, time does fly by. I'm glad I've got you guys to keep me honest, haha, it's always a pleasure cruising with you.

Todd - Thanks mate, I have wondered what to do regarding the new Focus, but I'm happy with this one. While I have put alotof time and effort into the Focus, the RS is stepping up to a whole new level of attention to detail, over-engineering, and cost! LOL. So it should be soemthing special, I am hoping anyway.

And the black mark wasn't my doing, it was my Professional Driver AusXH who was up for the day, while we were out mucking around with the camera and car. We were trying for the nose dive look under braking as seen in the third photo, I was behind the camera (I am ashamed to admit, at the low quality of the photos but they have effect anyway).

Thanks again, see you on the roads!

Tim
Old 14-06-2005, 11:53 AM   #13
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Good luck Tim on more trouble free k's.........
She's a smart looking toy and a credit to you of your taste.
It reminds me in '84 when I had a KB Laser twin carb in French Blue ,flares and 18's rims.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2005, 01:17 PM   #14
b2tf
not here much anymore

Nice review Tim.

And here's me having mine not even 2 months yet, I think Im up to abuot 6 weeks of ownership now and loving it. A few little things Id like to change but Im yet to find a car I wouldnt do modifications to. New exhaust is on the way for mine, as is a chip (if i can bloody well find one!).

I like the look of your car but I do agree the front bar would be, IMHO, more trouble than its worth. With me being in a country area and the gf threatening to leave me if I get a bodykit for mine, I dont think Ill be after one anytime soon.
Old 14-06-2005, 01:30 PM   #15
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Far out, Maurie, you managed to find 18 inch rims back in 1984? If anyone could, it would be you, haha! Thanks for the reply!

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
A few little things Id like to change but Im yet to find a car I wouldnt do modifications to.
Yeah, I have done a few little things too! :

It never ends somehow... :

Tim
Old 14-06-2005, 03:25 PM   #16
whippet_zetec
Supes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
Yeah, I have done a few little things too! :

It never ends somehow... :

Tim
ah, Tim the eternal modder, if there is something than can be done you will do it :P
Old 14-06-2005, 07:01 PM   #17
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Hahhahaha, guessing the driver looked up around the corner?

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 14-06-2005, 07:22 PM   #18
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

If you mean locked up, then yeah, Ryan let the whole neighbourhood know that he was at the wheel of an unfamiliar car...

:monkes:

Tim
Old 14-06-2005, 07:33 PM   #19
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

LOL, so the car locked up.... and you were standing in its path? Not a great idea :

You would have been scouped up by the snowplough! :

Old 14-06-2005, 07:42 PM   #20
AusXH