Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 22-06-2005, 09:08 PM   #1
Mick K.

Exclamation Gold Coast / Brisbane euro cruise this Sunday (26 June)

Saw this on another forum and thought I'd pass it on & told the organisers to expect some Focii/Modeno/Fiestas. The organiser is Eric from some BMW club. The 30+ cars include BMWs, VWs, Euro holdens, Pugs and a Seat. If you've got nothing better to do on Sunday it may be worth a bit of a fang around some twisty roads and show the others how well the Focus steers.

More info here: http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2041061
Gold Coast people meet Yatala BP 10:30, Leave 11:00am

Brisbane people meet Mt Coot-Tha Road.... There is a small carpark across from the botanical gardens/planetarium. Meet at 11:00, Leave 11:30am when gold coast crew arrive.

We will drive to "The Gap" via Waterworks road which will then turn into Mt Nebo Road... We'll drive through the twists of Mt Nebo whicch leads onto Mt Glorious for more twisty roads. Then its off to Lake Wivenhoe about 10min drive from the bottom of Mt Glorious.

Ps. Real great roads up the mountains (i went for a drive there today). The roads are all real smooth with no potholes. prob best mountain roads ive seen in a while...

Well the total cars coming is now around the 35 mark (provided everyone comes).
- If ya got a UHF radio we'll be on channel #17.
- Remember to bring a full tank of fuel,
- If ya want bring a digital camera but ill post up pics for yas after the cruise
- Bring money for lunch
- and change for toll roads if ya coming back to the coast on the ipswich/logan mwy.

Also if ya get lost and cant find the meeting points or are running late just call/msg me on 0421 239 574
MK
Mick K. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2005, 09:30 PM   #2
2uningFoci
Zetec2.0

Hey I go up nebo nown and then with a few cars from the Gap, my cousin lives just down the bottom on waterworks, might go for a cruise sunday then, know those roads pretty well.
2uningFoci is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post