Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 19-07-2009, 09:07 PM   #151
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

went to the 1320 meeting today, along with the other 15 or so people that put in the effort..
The consortium has put in a tender for tailem, as well as two other groups. One being Queensland raceway, the other a motorcycle group. Neither of which have any interest in Drag Racing. I think they said they'll know at the end of this month or next who the successful tenderer was.
Meanwhile they're still chasing Port Adelaide land.
There'll be a public meeting in two weeks with pollies and media present, which they're hoping for big numbers in attendance from the public, and a protest two weeks after that outside parliament house.
Old 19-07-2009, 09:33 PM   #152
PALE ALE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5L
haha you get your mail on time dont you??????

alteast the other people in the place know what there doing
Yes, I cant complain, I get all my bills on time, every time

Only 15 people or so turned up, I suppose it's a start, hopefully it grows over time. My wife was rostered to work today (registered nurse) so I was stuck with the kids, hopefully make it to the next meeting.
PALE ALE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2009, 09:34 PM   #153
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats wicked news Mr Monty looks like we maybe heading in right direction at last.. protest sounds the goods time to get in mikes face.. Mr Beige
pottery beige is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2009, 10:39 PM   #154
COUPE 72
coupe 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by montyv8
went to the 1320 meeting today, along with the other 15 or so people that put in the effort..
The consortium has put in a tender for tailem, as well as two other groups. One being Queensland raceway, the other a motorcycle group. Neither of which have any interest in Drag Racing. I think they said they'll know at the end of this month or next who the successful tenderer was.
Meanwhile they're still chasing Port Adelaide land.
There'll be a public meeting in two weeks with pollies and media present, which they're hoping for big numbers in attendance from the public, and a protest two weeks after that outside parliament house.
I was disappointed with turn out at the 1320 meeting today, hopefully we will have more join the public rally. I really expected that room to be packed, i even turned up 20 mins early to get a good spot. There wasnt many old or current racers there. Even if they in another club i really thought they might be interested in the state of play with a new track.There are more guys commenting on this thread than were at the meeting. Saying that, the people there seemed to put out a positive vibe, seemed a good bunch of people. Ive known Scott Ferguson through racing since he started good bloke with a passion for the sport and wish well with his club venture.
COUPE 72 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2009, 11:53 PM   #155
jf100

G'day i was working on sunday so couldn't make the meeting, i haven't been to any meetings for a couple of years, went to the first couple of back on track dinners, but that didn't seem to be going anywhere, anyway thanks for posting the info on whats happening.
jf100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2009, 12:57 AM   #156
COUPE 72
coupe 72

Heard a rumour today from a reliable source that ANDRA is in negotiations with council for Tailem Bend, not sure if in conjunction with the consortium or on its own. May find out more on wednesday, stay tuned.Andra could have had the place 6 years ago and knocked it back. How come the big interest now, we could have been racing at least 5 years ago if it wasnt so damn political.
Old 21-07-2009, 02:37 AM   #157
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

noooo! ANDRA = rollcage :
then again, if a track opens, i'll build a race car so it won't matter
anyways,
Quote:
There will be a public meeting being held in Pt Adelaide at 2pm on Sunday the 16th of August (location to be confirmed) at which all people who have an interest in the proposed Pt Adelaide Motorplex will have an opportunity to not only to hear from the consortium themselves, also from politicians, guest speakers etc.
and this SMS is doing the rounds: for all of you INTERESTED in a Motorsport Complex in Adelaide.... Pt Adelaide Racetrack Announcement: Public meeting at Pt Adelaide Sunday 16 August at 2pm. Protest at Parliament House Friday August 28 at 5pm (to maximize media). More details soon. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. If you want a new Motorsport track for SA...BE THERE.
Old 21-07-2009, 12:01 PM   #158
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

and again:

There will be a public meeting being held in Pt Adelaide at 2pm on Sunday the 16th of August (location to be confirmed) at which all people who have an interest in the proposed Pt Adelaide Motorplex will have an opportunity to not only to hear from the consortium themselves, also from politicians, guest speakers etc.

This will be followed by a protest at Parliament House, Nth Tce in the city on Friday the 28th of August at 5pm that will bring the city to a standstill.

Police permits will be arranged and we expect total co-operation of the Police.

Everyone is to be on their best behavior as there will be a huge media presence. Bring your cars and your family. The events will be self policed so if you see someone doing something stupid that could harm the image of the modified car/motorsport community don't hesitate to report it.

We are an important part of the community and we (who do the right thing) deserve better treatment from the Media and the Government.

Consider this -

A footballer only has to purchase a Guernsey, shorts, some boots and pay his subs to play (the government and councils generally supply all the ovals and facilities).

Someone involved in modified cars/motorsport probably spends on average around $30,000 to 'play', whilst at the same time much of that money goes into local businesses creating jobs and apprenticeships.

Not only do we not have a place to play, we have a situation where by a private consortium, who wishes to build the track on the land the government offered them (and which the consortium offered to purchase or lease off of the government), with no taxpayer input required, has the offer knocked back because it will 'create more hoons on the public roads'.

If you want this Motorplex to become a reality, and can see all the positives for SA that will go with it, just spend a couple of hours of your life to attend the meeting and then the protest, making it one of the noisiest protests in SA history!

This is our one chance to show that we, the modified car/motorsport/business community are more than a just bunch of hoons who are a drain on society.

Enough is Enough!!!

Stay tuned for more news!
Old 21-07-2009, 08:43 PM   #159
46302ute
gunna get there

might have to take the day off to go!!
as the situation makes me :

CARS..... 1972 XA GT Pepper Red Coupe RED.351 (https://www.facebook.com/groups/243992723478137/)
CARS..... 1973 XA GT Yellow glow sedan
CARS..... 1972 XA sedan
1969 F100 AMBO (must go)
1970 XW Station Wagon (sold)
1946 hot rod UTE
1989 MAVERICK WAGON (mine)
1990 MAVERICK WAGON (hers now sold)
Currently drive a FG xr6 and Mrs has a BF xr6 ute
46302ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2009, 09:32 PM   #160
COUPE 72
coupe 72

Ill be there at both, we need as many people as possible. The gov are moving in on all car enthusiests, if nothing is done now soon we wont even be able drive our pride and joys on the road.
Old 21-07-2009, 09:40 PM   #161
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46302ute
might have to take the day off to go!!
as the situation makes me :
I put in an RDO form as soon as i got to work today

(yeah, Glen, i'm on the bosses computer it: )
Old 21-07-2009, 09:47 PM   #162
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Count me in for 28th.. 1 x Pottery Beige car full.. :1syellow1 :1syellow1 :1syellow1 :1syellow1 :1syellow1
Old 21-07-2009, 09:48 PM   #163
COUPE 72
coupe 72

Ill be there at both, we need as many people as possible. The gov are moving in on all car enthusiests, if nothing is done now soon we wont even be able drive our pride and joys on the road. We as modified car owners need to be on our best behavior from now on. That way the only hoons on the road are the knobs in $1000 hacks, and i dont care what happens to those idiots.The protest however needs to be well planned, everybody that goes needs to know exactly what is going on because with the media being there we all need to be saying the same thing especially if we are interviewed. The message needs to be load but very clear. We all know by now that the Mike Rann and his party arent going to give us a cent. We need to get behind the road safety message and ecconomic benefits that a motorsport will bring to the local community and extra tourism dolars it will bring in. come on guys and girls get behind the cause it will benefit all of us.
Old 21-07-2009, 09:56 PM   #164
COUPE 72
coupe 72

Quote:
I put in an RDO form as soon as i got to work today

(yeah, Glen, i'm on the bosses computer it: )
shouldnt you be workin Phil, what time ya finish tonite?
Old 21-07-2009, 10:02 PM   #165
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
noooo! ANDRA = rollcage :
then again, if a track opens, i'll build a race car so it won't matter
anyways,
Hey Phil.. I know where theres a chassied capri roller set up for a CLEVO... : : :
Old 22-07-2009, 10:54 AM   #166
xalent
Red Eye Racing

A few of us will be coming down in support. Not sure about bringing any cars though.
Quote:
Hey Phil.. I know where theres a chassied capri roller set up for a CLEVO...
Is this a local car? Any more info? I've been hunting one for a while, seen some good examples interstate lately, but not much around here.
xalent is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2009, 09:12 PM   #167
46302ute
gunna get there

Default oh no

hope they keep all cars and RCK away.....

CARS..... 1972 XA GT Pepper Red Coupe RED.351 (https://www.facebook.com/groups/243992723478137/)
CARS..... 1973 XA GT Yellow glow sedan
CARS..... 1972 XA sedan
1969 F100 AMBO (must go)
1970 XW Station Wagon (sold)
1946 hot rod UTE
1989 MAVERICK WAGON (mine)
1990 MAVERICK WAGON (hers now sold)
Currently drive a FG xr6 and Mrs has a BF xr6 ute
46302ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2009, 01:22 AM   #168
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

http://gs73.photobucket.com/groups/i...retMeeting.flv
Old 25-07-2009, 03:09 AM   #169
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/s...5-2682,00.html
Old 25-07-2009, 11:04 PM   #170
ANZ
BLUE BLOOD

Hi all,

Due to the completely overwhelming response to the public meeting/protest, the dates will have to be revised.

Since the announcement less than 48hrs ago we have received requests from interstate car clubs, race teams, companies and many individuals who wish to attend in support of our situation in SA. Unfortunately due to the relatively short notice this has made it difficult for them to attend and support us in our fight.

As we wish to make the biggest statement possible to the State Government we have decided to revise the dates of the public meeting (was Sunday August 16) and the Protest (was Friday August 28 )

We apologise to those who have organized time off work for the Protest, however in order to maximize the impact and to achieve our desired outcome, this is necessary.

I'm sure you all realize how big this Protest is turning out, and we want it to be the best it can be for everyone of us.

For future news, developments and the revised dates/times of the protest go to adelaidemotorplex.com.au This page should be up and running in the next few days featuring regular updates.

Also visit our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/group.php?g...1252872&ref=nf# if you haven't already.

The website is now up and running too - www.adelaidemotorplex.com.au

That's all for now and thanks to everyone who wants to make it happen.

Regards,
The Street Machine Association of South Australia Team.

http://smasa.com.au/forum/index.phpest
ANZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2009, 04:21 PM   #171
290v
290v

Default online Petition link

The above link is to the online petition supporting a Government run Drag Strip that we urgently need to get racing OFF THE STREET in South Australia

It dosent matter where in the world you are , your support is greatly appreciated and needed

Please take a few minutes to sign it

http://www.gopetition.com.au/petitio...australia.html
Old 04-08-2009, 04:58 PM   #172
jcxr
Tribal Elder

Done. 1400 signatures already.
jcxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2009, 11:11 PM   #173
COUPE 72
coupe 72

Did you guys check out the storey on "A current affair" tonight, the reporter said that the government wont pay for a motorsport park in S.A but if private enterprise want to build it they need to go through proper approveal and planning proticols. This seems to suggest either a back peddle to me, maybe the worm is begining to turn or should i say snake. Saying we need to go through the proper chanels is odd as i thought the consortium wouldnt be silly enough to try and do it any other way. Maybe its a way of them saying they will make it hard as possible for us all to reach our goal especially since they rezoned the area the consortium were after, or so the rumour i heard. What did you guys make of it?
Old 04-08-2009, 11:42 PM   #174
jf100

Seen the story, i think the govt. response was just (had to give some response) because of the media interest, does seem to be heading towards the land at north arm not being made available though, i think if we get the numbers at the meeting and protest they'll have to start listening, both these shows have to be big, they'll listen to numbers, especially across a broad cross section of the community, let them see their not just dealing with some young hoons. At least they didn't call hoons,drag racers for a change, i thought the story came across fairly well (raising public awareness) can only be good.
jf100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2009, 02:39 AM   #175
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

there's currently 4671 members on the adelaide motorplex facebook page..

here's the current affair story from tuesday night, its been posted in high quality vid on youtube..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGT3rAi_pLw
Old 06-08-2009, 11:19 AM   #176
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

that is a great artical monty

about time the media start relising that people need a place to go

now the gov nedto realise the same andgive them the land

did i hear that the group wanting to build the complex have $25 mil for the first stage and more money to spend on further areas soon after

Jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2009, 05:42 PM   #177
bbcoupe
It's simple, more CUBES!

Can't stop laughing about this one, so much similarity......... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUCUIvN3YSI

Checkout our Aussie Muscle Car Run page

bbcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2009, 03:08 PM   #178
290v
290v

classic
Old 11-08-2009, 09:35 PM   #179
COUPE 72
coupe 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbcoupe
Can't stop laughing about this one, so much similarity......... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUCUIvN3YSI
Thats one of the most funniest things ive seen, cob115 would love that if he didnt actually produce it.
Old 21-08-2009, 10:22 PM   #180
COUPE 72
coupe 72

Meeting comin up guys, be there to support the cause! We are only gunna get one shot at this.