Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 10-04-2017, 09:53 PM   #1
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Question very strange

I was at the wreakers today and I saw something I have never seen before.
saw a wood grain centre console on a standard AU. I looked close and it was a custom sticker (with padding to give depth) and it was a very good fit.
Has anyone else seen this?

UK
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2017, 06:41 AM   #2
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: very strange

Yes, there used to be a mob who made a variety of different finishes for AU & BA - can't for the life of me remember who they were but a couple of forum members had their cars done so a search might turn up something.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2017, 08:04 PM   #3
Uncle_Ken
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Thanks Russell. It was strange to see it at first. It didn't look to bad and it had been on for a while (Series I AU) and the fit was pretty good.
I wonder who made them? Looks like I have a web quest
UK
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Old 12-04-2017, 10:45 AM   #4
Edxr6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Uncle Ken,

You didn't happened to beat me to the Black XR6 at the wreckers today? (Blacktown).

Regards
Edxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2017, 04:56 PM   #5
Uncle_Ken
Donating Member1

Question Re: very strange

The ones that's gone now? There were 2 XR6's there but they have already been crushed. One even had a power sun roof. What were you after??

UK
Old 12-04-2017, 05:08 PM   #6
Raptor
^^^^^^^^
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For quietly going about moderating in a fair and even manner. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
Yes, there used to be a mob who made a variety of different finishes for AU & BA - can't for the life of me remember who they were ...
Is this who you were thinking of? http://www.carshine.com.au/

Not much Ford product on their sites now (Look under Other Makes )

samples ; http://www.carshine.com.au/Pictures/...%20Samples.JPG

This user likes this post:
Old 12-04-2017, 06:54 PM   #7
Edxr6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_Ken View Post
The ones that's gone now? There were 2 XR6's there but they have already been crushed. One even had a power sun roof. What were you after??

UK
I was after the Momo wheel, apparently the car appeared on their website on the 07/04/2017, but under series 2/3. It appeared it wasn't touched on their listing the time I got there, the whole steering column was removed with the wheel. I am sure who got it, got a bargain, providing the wheel was in good nic. It looked good on their site. This XR also has an electric factory sunroof. I got a few bits pieces. Primarily I was after the front bucket seat base, I had to leave it as my back was starting to give way and I was struggling. The car is advertised under XR now.

Cheers

Last edited by Edxr6; 12-04-2017 at 07:00 PM.
Old 12-04-2017, 07:27 PM   #8
Uncle_Ken
Donating Member1

Cool Re: very strange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edxr6 View Post
I was after the Momo wheel, apparently the car appeared on their website on the 07/04/2017, but under series 2/3. It appeared it wasn't touched on their listing the time I got there, the whole steering column was removed with the wheel. I am sure who got it, got a bargain, providing the wheel was in good nic. It looked good on their site. This XR also has an electric factory sunroof. I got a few bits pieces. Primarily I was after the front bucket seat base, I had to leave it as my back was starting to give way and I was struggling. The car is advertised under XR now.

Cheers
I was there Sunday. I don't remember seeing it (mind you I wasn't looking for one). There is an LTD with electric base still in it. I don't know why they dropped it to the ground , ruined the Rebel side skirts.
UK
Old 12-04-2017, 07:30 PM   #9
Edxr6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I was there Sunday. I don't remember seeing it (mind you I wasn't looking for one). There is an LTD with electric base still in it. I don't know why they dropped it to the ground , ruined the Rebel side skirts.
UK
Yes, they sure do waste a lot of good stuff at that place, although good for the customer.
Old 12-04-2017, 07:32 PM   #10
Uncle_Ken
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
Is this who you were thinking of? http://www.carshine.com.au/

Not much Ford product on their sites now (Look under Other Makes )

samples ; http://www.carshine.com.au/Pictures/...%20Samples.JPG

The stuff I saw wasn't flat vinyl. But it did look like those patterns.

UK
Old 12-04-2017, 07:34 PM   #11
Uncle_Ken
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edxr6 View Post
Yes, they sure do waste a lot of good stuff at that place, although good for the customer.
Yeah its not as good as it was with less space. I guess they make more $$$ from the metal than for parts.

UK
Old 12-04-2017, 08:01 PM   #12
Edxr6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yeah its not as good as it was with less space. I guess they make more $$$ from the metal than for parts.

UK
Is there any differences with the seat bases with the AU's, XR's and LTD's, I know some have the electrics, more so the foam shape.

regards
Old 12-04-2017, 09:24 PM   #13
Uncle_Ken
Donating Member1

I have LTD base on my passenger side and Fairmont on the drives (Just base adjustment on both, not lumber). I know the rears of LTDs are not a straight fit into an XR on standard AU. I'll check my thread to see if I have any pics
UK
Old 12-04-2017, 09:32 PM   #14
Uncle_Ken
Donating Member1

Quote:
So on a nice sunny day in Sydney (43) I out in the passenger side electric base..
4. Undo the 4 bolts under the seat..

5. I pulled of the side shield (but you don't have to). I used this pliers to squeeze the 3 pins.

6. There are 4 bolts holding the base to back. I used a screw driver to stop the seat bracket from moving to much when I removed the bolts..

7. With the old rail removed you do the reverse of the above to install the power base. I placed it on a short ladder to help get easy access to the under side of the seat. All done, time for a swim.

All in and working. I must say it feels strange having power on the passenger side (Mind you BMC enjoyed it very much playing 'seat goes up, seat goes down")

Thanks to Fairlane Al for the base ( nice to meet you and your 4 legged buddy).

UK
I just put my base onto the power array.

UK

Last edited by Uncle_Ken; 12-04-2017 at 09:37 PM. Reason: coding
Old 13-04-2017, 07:26 PM   #15
Edxr6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I just put my base onto the power array.

UK
Cheers Ken, thanks for the info.

Regards
This user likes this post:
Old 14-04-2017, 04:49 PM   #16
Uncle_Ken
Donating Member1

Update on the stickers (kind of). Got a quote over the phone to do 4 door spears, $80 each using water transfer (Hydrodip). So I am now looking at vinyl wrap as an alternative.

UK