Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old Today, 08:02 AM   #2911
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Default Re: Why is it.................?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor View Post
I've long been a supporter of the worlds population needing a permit to breed..... but anyway....

WHY is it, that with everyone trying to tell me its just soooo easy to be a parts interpreter, that armed with literally every single bit of information at their fingertips, people still manage to order the wrong **** parts on a regular basis?
Dealing qith a fun problem atm with a BA ute where the previous owner thought he'd be smart and ordered a spare key, took it to a locksmith who then supposedly cut & programmed it for him.
Its got me buggered how it got programmed..... whilst its a tibbe key, it doesnt have a transponder chip in it!
If it's just the standard key it may have only been used as an access key.
Or there were several standard keys and a transponder chip placed within range of the reader, a common doings with taxis.
marty351 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old Today, 10:47 AM   #2912
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor View Post
I've long been a supporter of the worlds population needing a permit to breed..... but anyway....

WHY is it, that with everyone trying to tell me its just soooo easy to be a parts interpreter, that armed with literally every single bit of information at their fingertips, people still manage to order the wrong **** parts on a regular basis?
I am in charge of purchasing 1000's of parts every week, I constantly have problems with parts suppliers who when even armed with part numbers still send the wrong parts, Euro stuff being one of the worst, Mahindra is at the top of the list of the worst as they change production methods every odd day, so its a lucky dip to what you will be supplied or if it will even fit.

I feel your pain
prktkljokr is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old Today, 02:20 PM   #2913
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty351 View Post
If it's just the standard key it may have only been used as an access key.
Or there were several standard keys and a transponder chip placed within range of the reader, a common doings with taxis.
Sadly, not the case, 1 owner/driver who thought he knew better.... he didnt even know about he transponder & was shocked when I used the 2nd key, and it started then shut off immediately!