Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 20-08-2022, 08:19 PM   #2071
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Why is it.................?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Is there a ratcheting screwdriver in that lot? Also you might want to add a few more six-point sockets, looks like it stops at 12mm. 13-19mm in six point are pretty handy.
Well, a month later and I have my ratcheting screwdriver!

Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 20-08-2022, 08:56 PM   #2072
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Why is it that it seems like there are no drivers out there that understand the rules regarding giving way to pedestrians when turning?

I walk or run just about every day, and my standard route takes me across the top of a t intersection, where I cross the road that is terminating. Any cars turning off the main road should give way to me, but I don't recall one EVER doing that.

I also find it amusing, when I'm driving that intersection and do actually give way to pedestrians, the pedestrians seem surprised that I am actually giving way to them.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 21-08-2022, 11:54 AM   #2073
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Why is it that it seems like there are no drivers out there that understand the rules regarding giving way to pedestrians when turning?

I walk or run just about every day, and my standard route takes me across the top of a t intersection, where I cross the road that is terminating. Any cars turning off the main road should give way to me, but I don't recall one EVER doing that.

I also find it amusing, when I'm driving that intersection and do actually give way to pedestrians, the pedestrians seem surprised that I am actually giving way to them.
Yep agree, no one seems to be aware of this rule. Its great to be almost bowled over crossing at a side road stop sign.
Most towns here do not have lights or crossings so Its a nice thing most people do, stopping to give way to peds, when approaching a roundabout even though its not required.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 25-08-2022, 07:53 PM   #2074
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

…I can press the primer bulb three times, pull the cord smartly but even after multiple attempts - the mower won’t start unless I take the hand throttle away from the “STOP” position.

#appletablepenny
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 25-08-2022, 08:17 PM   #2075
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
…I can press the primer bulb three times, pull the cord smartly but even after multiple attempts - the mower won’t start unless I take the hand throttle away from the “STOP” position.

#appletablepenny
Well, pretty sure you need to put the handle down from turtle to rabbit. So rabbits breed faster then turtles. One of my first jobs, on the pallet trucks we were told not to tape down the rabbit button. We all did. Get told no, you do it.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 25-08-2022, 09:20 PM   #2076
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz
Yep agree, no one seems to be aware of this rule. Its great to be almost bowled over crossing at a side road stop sign.
Most towns here do not have lights or crossings so Its a nice thing most people do, stopping to give way to peds, when approaching a roundabout even though its not required.

when coming up to a roundabout i stop for em .... if exiting i don't stop for em.
mad2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 25-08-2022, 09:47 PM   #2077
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

I never have and never will cross the road if a car stops for me unless it’s a designated crossing. Actually I lie, I crossed once when a car stopped just as he was rear ended. Lucky old mate had his foot hard on the brake

The look of frustration on drivers faces is great. They stop. Wave for me to cross. I shake my head. They wave. I take a step backwards

Walking my pup is even worse. I won’t cross a road unless all traffic is clear or I’m at a traffic light. I want her to see a road and not cross it unless I give permission. She is nearly ready to be trusted off lead to not cross
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 26-08-2022, 07:35 AM   #2078
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Cranium View Post
I never have and never will cross the road if a car stops for me unless it’s a designated crossing.
Well you'd be waiting a long time to cross anywhere in Wangaratta or any N.E Victorian country town.

Old 26-08-2022, 07:54 AM   #2079
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Well you'd be waiting a long time to cross anywhere in Wangaratta or any N.E Victorian country town.

I live in the innerwest of Sydney. I got waiting covered!
Old 26-08-2022, 08:11 AM   #2080
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
I live in the innerwest of Sydney. I got waiting covered!
Yes, just left that place. you have my commiserations.

Old 26-08-2022, 11:33 AM   #2081
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
I never have and never will cross the road if a car stops for me
Neither have I! As much as I'd like to know what it's like to have the opportunity to do so

Seriously tho, I appreciate it's a risky measure; if the car fails to give way, there's little chance the driver is coming off second best! That's why I send the dog first

I am cautious when it happens; I ensure that I have eye contact with the driver before stepping off the footpath. I always exaggerate my pause before I make my way out onto the road. I always ensure the driver has completely stopped. I always give them a little wave of thanks to acknowledge their deed and, hopefully, minimise the chance that they get annoyed with me having right of way and decide to go anyway. And I always keep an eye on them until I've got out of their likely path.

But, I also live in a regional town where traffic volumes are probs nowhere near those in Sid-ah-knee.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 27-08-2022, 08:42 PM   #2082
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Yes, just left that place. you have my commiserations.
i love it, the hustle and bustle, the convenience, the cultural diversity. always something to do or see.

but its not for everyone and that's ok
Old 02-09-2022, 08:47 PM   #2083
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Why is it American's talk so fast?
Mustang GT

Old 02-09-2022, 09:00 PM   #2084
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you should get into back blocks of Tennessee or Kentucky, dey don talck faaast der man.
think deliverence movie.
Ive spent 3 weeks there, was amazing, McCoys an Hatfields were still at it.
Old 06-09-2022, 10:43 AM   #2085
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

…You can store a bazillion high resolution photos on a modern mobile phone but the weather app only allows you to save twenty locations?
Old 06-09-2022, 11:56 AM   #2086
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Why is it that people dress in warm clothing, ie fleecy tracksuit pants, polar fleece jumper and beanie.......and then pair that with a pair of things? If you're cold, put on some warm shoes and socks. If you're hot, get rid of some of the extra layers you have on.

I just don't get it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 users like this post:
Old 06-09-2022, 12:50 PM   #2087
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Why is it that people dress in warm clothing, ie fleecy tracksuit pants, polar fleece jumper and beanie.......and then pair that with a pair of things? If you're cold, put on some warm shoes and socks. If you're hot, get rid of some of the extra layers you have on.

I just don't get it.
Oops, that's supposed to be thongs

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4 users like this post:
Old 06-09-2022, 12:57 PM   #2088
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:

I just don't get it.
Maybe they don't feel the cold in the feet.
People ask me why I wear shorts all year long. I simply don't feel cold in the legs but do feel the cold in my arms in Winter. Been known to wear long sleeve T's in the Summer.

Old 06-09-2022, 02:12 PM   #2089
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

I’m an all-year work shorts wearer, too. Lack of spatial awareness means I snag trousers on stuff. Got more scars than clear skin to my shins as proof.
Old 06-09-2022, 02:34 PM   #2090
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
I’m an all-year work shorts wearer, too. Lack of spatial awareness means I snag trousers on stuff. Got more scars than clear skin to my shins as proof.
Im the opposite, i wear long pants all year around. Id rather rip my longs then add to the scars on my legs.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2022, 03:55 PM   #2091
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:

I just don't get it.
I could answer this but I would be labeled racist.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2022, 09:01 PM   #2092
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Why is it that being a Ford forum, we have a Holden emoji and not a Ford one too?
Mustang GT

Old 07-09-2022, 09:03 PM   #2093
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Why is it that being a Ford forum, we have a Holden emoji and not a Ford one too?
It's a new addition and kinda goes with the other new one..... VB (Very Bogan)
Old 08-09-2022, 03:08 AM   #2094
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
My first thought was the holedun emoji was free and need to pay to use the ford emoji
marty351 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-09-2022, 08:25 PM   #2095
Rallye Sport
RS The Faster Fords

Why is it Gumtree brings out all of the muppets?
I've advertised some parts for free, two people have called and both wanted me to deliver to them.
Not nearby either
FG XR50 Daily.
Rallye Sport is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2022, 07:59 PM   #2096
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

Why?
If I can buy a tyre changer combo like this one for $3800 https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/35399136...Bk9SR-bB4PPlYA
Why would someone pay $11500 for the same thing used ?
https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/sevi...cer/1300835056

I even asked if it was a typo, which it seems its not.
prktkljokr is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-09-2022, 03:01 PM   #2097
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Why is it that people have to find new Gucci words to describe something that has a very well understood meaning.

The latest buzz word seems to be "I'll socialise that document..." It's not like you're socialising a flamin' dog by taking it to the park so that it gets to interact with others of it's kind!

Just use 'distribute'. Everyone knows what it means and you don't look like a pecker....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 13-09-2022, 03:06 PM   #2098
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Why is it that people have to find new Gucci words to describe something that has a very well understood meaning.

The latest buzz word seems to be "I'll socialise that document..." It's not like you're socialising a flamin' dog by taking it to the park so that it gets to interact with others of it's kind!

Just use 'distribute'. Everyone knows what it means and you don't look like a pecker....
Words for the "Woke"

2 users like this post:
Old 13-09-2022, 04:18 PM   #2099
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not heard that one.
How fortunate.
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-09-2022, 02:49 PM   #2100
tweeked
N/A all the way

I walk to a coffee shop every morning, getting there about 6am, it is in a pure residential strip, no other shops.

Why is it nearly 100% of tradies in twin-cab diesel utes get out leaving their things running clattering noisily, while virtually none of the car people (including tradies in cars) do that?

The things sound like shaking a big bag of marbles. Just what you want in the nice, crisp, quiet morning air.

tweeked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: