Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: GT Bodykit on XR6
Could be good... 103 25.25%
No way Jose... 187 45.83%
Doesnt bother me... 118 28.92%
Voters: 408. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22-05-2006, 02:09 PM   #181
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

the colour is Phantom - no longer in production. Looks polished too.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2006, 05:51 PM   #182
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Almost half of everyone in the poll said "No way Jose...".. including me. I think that shows how deep "fakes" annoy some people.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2006, 06:03 PM   #183
WINDSR
Genuine V8

The only reason I dont like fakes is because I have a genuine XR8. If I didnt own one, id most likely put an XR bumper and kit on my EF/EL, say... GLI/ Futura.

WINDSR plates for sale. (VIC) PM if interested.
WINDSR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2006, 06:10 PM   #184
WINDSR
Genuine V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAGT0023
I don't like it. My take is that the GT has one real distinguishing feature (to the un-educated) and that is the rear wing. I think having the wing replica's on XR6/8 XT anything only devalues the GT rep???? For eg, the other day I saw an XT STATION WAGON white (Company Car) with bull blue "GT" stripes.....come on, where will it stop?

If you have a genuine GT, you have nothing to worry about. It will not devalue because cause a few people are driving around with the GT kit on. :

WINDSR plates for sale. (VIC) PM if interested.
WINDSR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2006, 06:43 PM   #185
troppo
Mr old phart

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

My $0.02 worth.
I think it depends on the intent of the individual in question.
If the person doing the mock-up is doing it simply because they would like a GT but can't afford one, then more power to ya. The line gets drawn (for me,at least) when said person then tries to pass it off as a genuine GT. It matters not whether the car has the performance to match the GT or even better it, that remains the point at which they become a tool in my eyes.

BA GT-P Blueprint
troppo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2006, 06:48 PM   #186
347_XR8
Slide Baby Slide

Not only does that car looked polished, but by the looks of the lighting I'm inclined to guess whoever took the photo's, used a long shutter speed.
I'm not a fan of bodykits apart from those that are on the car from factory.

Mr Super Skid-Man
347_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2006, 07:05 PM   #187
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well I'm one of these offenders. I never set out to create a fake car. I went the body I did, because in stock form, the kit on my car sucked. With the exception of the XR front bar, the kit on my car was the same as you'll find on any optioned up futura. I had all the nice Tickford factory items, but someone in ford decided my car deserved stock body kit. So in stock form, I thought my car was ugly and it needed some new pretty bits. I've removed some badges from the car, but left one XR badge and left my Tickford Wings alone.

If people are going to look at my car and call it a fake, then who am I to stop them. My intentions for doing the body kit I did is not to look like something it's not. It had to be more appealing to me. It's a good car with the ugly syndrome. Why can't I pretty it up a little without being picked on by the purists. What are we talking about, a wing, rear bar and 2 side skirt. I am sorry if i've stepped on some toes.

At the end of the day, its my car and its my money and what I choose to do with it is no-one elses business but my own. When i sell the car, it will never be passed of as anything than what it is when it came from the factory. An AU3 XR6. I'm not in the business of trying pull wool over poeple's eyes. I do what i do because it pleases me. In the end, I'm here to keep myself happy. I don't give 2 hoots what the purists think.

It's my car, and while it is my car, I will do to it what I like.

But I can appreciate the views from the other side of the fence. But lets face it, to me, all my car will ever be, is just a car.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2006, 07:08 PM   #188
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And I just realised we are talking about GT kits on XR's. :hihi:

I guess the same theory applies if it was titled, "T-Series bodykit on an XR6" SO thats my right of reply if someone ever starts a thread :
Old 22-05-2006, 07:27 PM   #189
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Almost half of everyone in the poll said "No way Jose...".. including me. I think that shows how deep "fakes" annoy some people.
And shows how the other half don't care if it annoys anyone or not : So it doesn't really matter I guess...

Those who get annoyed by it, won't be noticed by those who do it, because they won't care what anyone else thinks...

I still say, unless you build the car from scratch yourself and have creative licence over it, you have no right to complain that someone elses car looks likes yours when it's just another one off the run out of the factory. They're all just production cars based around the same body. When you buy one, you don't by any licence to what it looks like or ownership of the design.

[edit]: I can see the point over an 'FPV' badge or something - because then it would be claiming to be something it's not. My argument was soley based around the idea of adding a body kit. I'm not sure yet about full on imitations where the car is claiming to be something it's not (i.e. a XT with FPV and GT badges on it etc) - I guess I can see where some people might be coming from on that point of view to...

Anyhow, just wanted to highlight that my comments have been about the thread title - GT body kit on XR. Not about full on imitations. Not sure where I stand on that yet :P

Last edited by Deadman; 22-05-2006 at 07:49 PM.
Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2006, 09:36 PM   #190
Kev_BLNXR8_Ute
Hmm Project XW VAN !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantz
BA if you want to keep the era of your car intact, BF if you want (in my opinion) the better tuffer looking bar. Click on the AWC link button up the top of the page or send a message to FalKeen.

Did that already.
Adam says go the BF but I dont know if I like it.
I have always like the BA GT bar

Yella Terra Supercharged

Power Output?
ENOUGH TO BREAK EVERY THING MORE TIMES THAN I CARE TO COUNT

POWERED BY VISA MASTERCARD AND MORE VISA
(And now a mortgage extension)

Disclaimer :

: Anything that seems or sounds illegal is all in my head and due to an over active imagination... :
Kev_BLNXR8_Ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2006, 10:07 PM   #191
FalKeen
FTF Car Club NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev_xr8_ute
Did that already.
Adam says go the BF but I dont know if I like it.
I have always like the BA GT bar

BA is a good bar, but aftermarket wise the BF is so much better as after its all painted up you would have to really know what your looking for to spot the differences...BA on the other hand the aftermarket bar you can spot a mile away with the blanked off light surrounds etc.

Also if your putting a new bar on you might as well go for the latest version no? and the fact you wont see many others around where there is quite a few BA versions.
FalKeen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2006, 10:27 PM   #192
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockWaveXR6na
Fair enough you are Passionate in what your saying, but has it ever occured to you that perhaps some people are a little hurt by what you have to say?
You've got to be kidding me! That's one of the most hypocritical comments I've ever read on the forums! Some people are actually hurt? By those comments? Coming from you of all people! Take a step back and look at some of the hurtful things you have potentially said. I'm reffering to the thread titled "Families and fuel prices". You upset and offended so many people on so many levels it's not funny.
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2006, 10:48 PM   #193
djjase
IT JUST GET'S BETTER

This thread is turning out like the last one where everone is getting their backs up all over a car. Come on people there is a lot more to life than whether a car should have a GT kit or not. Like who really gives a toss. Like I have said there are so many "FAKE" xy, xa, xb GT's out there and no one seems to give a toss, hell I have a white one that is all GT including the GT badges in the grille, on the guards and on the boot, she might be fake but she is worth more than some of your BA's. Those with an Original GT has nothing to worry, if it will be worth anything in a few years, it will be worth more than the Replicas or "FAKES". An XY GT is worth $50,000 plus, the replicas are now selling around $20,000 - $30,000. You $75,000+ investments might one day be worth $125,000. Oh yeah didnt the XY GT's sell for around $4500 some 37 some years ago ??
djjase is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2006, 11:38 PM   #194
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

I wouldn't do it. If I wanted a GT I would have bought one. But each to their own. Their ride, their tastes, that is what makes the world such an interesting place!!
Old 23-05-2006, 11:32 AM   #195
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

fake ? genuine ? In the words of that git from 'The Man Show' on the comedy channel (fox)..... "if i can touch it, it's real".

This thread is going around in circles, maybe time to put it to sleep ?
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2006, 12:07 PM   #196
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

I enjoy bodykits.

Thats my 2 cents. :P

Honestly, why does it matter!?

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2006, 02:34 PM   #197
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra
You've got to be kidding me! That's one of the most hypocritical comments I've ever read on the forums! Some people are actually hurt? By those comments? Coming from you of all people! Take a step back and look at some of the hurtful things you have potentially said. I'm reffering to the thread titled "Families and fuel prices". You upset and offended so many people on so many levels it's not funny.

So sorry you feel this way...

Last edited by Smoke Pursuit; 29-05-2006 at 02:53 PM.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2006, 05:25 PM   #198
XR-ENVI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

we at one stage thought of putting a typhoon front bar on our car but have now decided against it cos we dont want to make it look like something that it isnt but others can do it i dont have an issue. we have FPV badges on the side of our car cos we like the look of them and our car has performnce and its a ford!!! with so many BA and BF XR's getting round tis nice for a bit of a change when driving down the road and seeing cars with different body kits is a nice change. people arent always going to agree on what looks best. i love the airbrushing on my car some people dont but as long as i like it thats all that matters really. I love the power of my car, others think it is a waste of money. i hate cars with mudflaps and cars with big wheels at standard height but so what if i hate it, i dont do it and dont criticise those that do.

so keep on changing the look of the XR's to mix it all up a bit!!!
Narelle
XR-ENVI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2006, 04:04 PM   #199
Boss 290

if you are going to put a kit on the xr6 i would put the typhoon kit on it but i still wouldnt badge it as one.... im just getting over the xr6 with the bonnet bulge....im a bit more ok with an xr8 with a gt kit...but as long as it has the power to match and it does not say gt.....in the end it is your car and you can do it ...but y ? the xr6 looks hot lowerd with cromes.....
Boss 290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2006, 04:17 PM   #200
XR82GO
AU XR8 UTE

Your car mate, do what you want to hell with everyone else.

www.utez.com.au

Rum Runners Ute Club
XR82GO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2006, 04:19 PM   #201
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You guys might find this interesting. Something I didn't know. Found it on a web site called www.sookielala.com.au but one interesting point is that they say that bumper bars and plastic badges doesn't actually make the GT into a real GT. Go figure. I would never had known. Lucky for me I found out now, because if I ever go to look to buy a GT, i'll be sure to ask the dealer whether this genuine GT is a faker.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:51 PM   #202
JD86
DELANY

i wouldnt dress my car up as something it isnt, however it is up to the owner of the car to mod it as they like
Old 12-09-2006, 01:18 PM   #203
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD86
i wouldnt dress my car up as something it isnt, however it is up to the owner of the car to mod it as they like
: Your sig says you have an EB with an ED XR6 engine and AU rims.

I agree with you. It's all about choice. If its your car and your money, who says you can't do what you want.
Old 12-09-2006, 02:04 PM   #204
WHIPLASH
METALLICA and FORD FREAK

Your car, have fun with it is wat i say. But if you are gunna go for somthing like, front, side and rear GT kit with bonnet and spoiler then thats taking it a bit far. I have seen XR6 falcons with the works right down to side stripes, but get this. Cut out says GT-6. THATS overboard, you want your car to be your car and thats fine but dont go the full job. Even if you just get a GT spoiler and side skirts and like a C2R DJR bodykit for the front and rear.

MY thought on this matter anyways

Little fox

Rolling back in my au forte
*18" xhp jetz
*alpine 4000watt audio
*tickford t3 bodykit

Still got a V8 but wanting to offload the shell if anyone is interested PM me.

(1993 EB body, some minor marks, full interior (electrics need attention) NO MOTOR, gearbox needs 5th. Make offer.

Also in the shed is a 3.9ltr straight six (1990 EA). headers, crow cam, 5spd manual included. may need minor rebuild. Again make offer

WHIPLASH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2006, 03:13 PM   #205
BAFalconXT
Sold...

If its going to be a fake, make sure it looks real, full body kit, right colour paint, all the dadges in the right place, lowered, good exaust, and expensive or genuine rims. Who is gonna think your car is good if they can see the pea shooter exhaust, who buys cheep rims if you own a GT, who debadges one, who options one with 4x4 suspension. If you do it, it needs to be done properly, and will cost $!
Old 10-12-2006, 04:13 PM   #206
Genghis
It's Clobberin' Time!

Seeing as this thread started waaaayyyy back in Feb '05, I'd say the originator either has made the decision one way or another so comment on that now is a moot point.

But, as the thread has been mined from the depths, I thought I'd add my ramblings anyway.

I am within weeks of deciding to install:
a.) a DJR320 kit or,
b.) a BF GT kit on my BA XR8.

I was once a staunch opposer to mods that made ones car into something it wasn't. But, as I have gotten over myself and become more a part of the Ford community at large, I have relaxed my attitude to mods and enhancements.

I realised that it's the owners who mod their cars that keeps me interested in modding my own. And there is a teriffic amount of businesses (and Forum Sponsors for that matter) that cater to ones need to improve ones car.

I like the fact that you can transform a stock XR or even XT into a car that you are even more proud of than you were pre-mod to drive and show.

It's not about faking or being a wannabe. It's about pride and the effort put in. It's about You and Your car and the fact that you can.

Mod it cosmetically and Enhance it mechanically and love every minute you are doing it. If you get any negative (not constructive) feedback then it can only be out jealousy or spite and that makes the giver of said feedback the smaller person and not really worth listening to in the end.

Former Fords:
2003 Blood Orange BA XR8
1993 Winter White XG S Ute
Genghis is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2006, 09:16 PM   #207
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genghis
Seeing as this thread started waaaayyyy back in Feb '05, I'd say the originator either has made the decision one way or another so comment on that now is a moot point.

But, as the thread has been mined from the depths, I thought I'd add my ramblings anyway.

I am within weeks of deciding to install:
a.) a DJR320 kit or,
b.) a BF GT kit on my BA XR8.

I was once a staunch opposer to mods that made ones car into something it wasn't. But, as I have gotten over myself and become more a part of the Ford community at large, I have relaxed my attitude to mods and enhancements.

I realised that it's the owners who mod their cars that keeps me interested in modding my own. And there is a teriffic amount of businesses (and Forum Sponsors for that matter) that cater to ones need to improve ones car.

I like the fact that you can transform a stock XR or even XT into a car that you are even more proud of than you were pre-mod to drive and show.

It's not about faking or being a wannabe. It's about pride and the effort put in. It's about You and Your car and the fact that you can.

Mod it cosmetically and Enhance it mechanically and love every minute you are doing it. If you get any negative (not constructive) feedback then it can only be out jealousy or spite and that makes the giver of said feedback the smaller person and not really worth listening to in the end.
If you must : the Djr Kit...

But it looks Sooooooooooooo Nice the way it is... :
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2006, 12:39 AM   #208
Harro
5l Fury

DJR kit. :
Cat Back Exhaust
Tickford Springs
EL Ghia Interior pieces
Harro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2007, 08:03 PM   #209
krypto71

Wow, this thread has been going on a while.

I fitted a full bodykit to my last car, (VX Commodore) and it was a fantastic experience all up. I bought the fibre glass kit, spent a weekend trial fitting it, getting everything to line up etc. Even at that point, in primer, it looked awesome. I then removed the kit, took it down to the painter.

Once I got it back, and refitted it I was stoked.

Not only did the car look better, I had such a great time fitting it myself. My wife even liked the car better after the kit was fitted.

I now have a phantom BA XR8, and I too love the look of the BA GT, so some time down the track, I will probably fit one of those to the XR. Can't wait actually.

Cheers
Steve
krypto71 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2007, 01:53 AM   #210
I FluXx I
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think it is ok to put the kit on your lower model car if:

1. You debadge your car.
2. You do at least some modifications to make the car more powerfull.
3. You dont label your lower model car a higher model car( fpv badges on a XT).
4. The car that you are fiting the kit to must be dumped. Nothing worse than seeing a car with a kit but riding high.
5. The car must have rims, min of 17". Like above, nothing worse than seeing a car with a kit and wheel covers.
6. If your side mouldes are unpainted, get them painted.

I think it is only ok to leave your bades on if you are puting a F6 kit on a XR6T, or a GT kit on a XR8

Performance mods: SL's(front) and leveled at the back, Front 30mm whiteline sway bar, 4" dump, 4" cat, 3.5" exhaust split to Dual 2.5" with quad tips, Plazmaman stage 1 polished intercooler and piping kit, 60lb injectors, Walbro fuel pump, upgraded actuator, GFB BOV, K&N panel filter

Mods for show: 19" black Speedy Inferno rims, MTX 5x7's front and rear, 2x Kenwood 4ch amps, 3x Kenwood 10" subs, chrome fuse box cover
I FluXx I is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post