Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-10-2022, 07:52 PM   #2011
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Car Detailing - What products are your go to?

It's also suggested the very first application of Bead Maker is to apply it HEAVY! That recommendation would be if you are using Bead Maker as a standalone product in my opinion.

For a drying aid, after lightly priming the towel, I just lightly spray the panel, wipe with the first towel, wipe with the second towel.

That video is a bit out of the ordinary, extreme humidity will make it harder to deal with. You won't need to use as many towels as he did.

Bead Maker is also said to be very weak in terms of durability. That would be a problem if using it as a standalone. As a topper or drying aid, that is not so much a problem, owing to it's ease of use, you can just use it after each wash.

I have also found Bead Maker will play well with traditional waxes as well as ceramic coatings.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 02-10-2022, 07:55 PM   #2012
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

From the chemist himself -

Mustang GT

2 users like this post:
Old 03-10-2022, 12:04 PM   #2013
FormulaFG
Lurking......
Donating Member1

With the long weekend upon us I finally got around to using my new Makita DA polisher. After all the recommendations I decided to try out the Scholl S20 Black. I will say I'm impressed with the polisher but you can keep the S20.

Did not give me the result I was looking for at all and then left this horrible black residue over the panel, which then stopped the product I switched to from doing its job. Had to spray and wipe the car until I got all of that off, slowed me down massively.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong but that's enough for me to never use it again. Anyone who wants a brand new bottle only used once can have it if you pay the postage.
FormulaFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2022, 02:20 PM   #2014
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic View Post
I remember Dave, he helped me so much when I was starting to detail, he also corrected my old VY Clubsport. Wonder what he's up to these day and if he's still doing chauffer driving.
Sorry, fordo, missed your reply.

Have no idea what Dave is up to these days. Shortly after he did my XR8 for me, he was 'dobbed' in on by someone from running a business from home, and the council shut him down. Hen then had to relocate homes and he didn't have access to the facilities he needed, so he gave up the detailing game.

Was a shame because he knew his stuff.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 03-10-2022, 02:31 PM   #2015
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaFG View Post
With the long weekend upon us I finally got around to using my new Makita DA polisher. After all the recommendations I decided to try out the Scholl S20 Black. I will say I'm impressed with the polisher but you can keep the S20.

Did not give me the result I was looking for at all and then left this horrible black residue over the panel, which then stopped the product I switched to from doing its job. Had to spray and wipe the car until I got all of that off, slowed me down massively.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong but that's enough for me to never use it again. Anyone who wants a brand new bottle only used once can have it if you pay the postage.
Weird. I've found the S20 black to be phenomenal.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2022, 02:35 PM   #2016
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Just put in another order at wax it.
4L NV Snow+ found it awesome, and only got the bigger one as the 1L is OOS and it'll be handy now having to wash the missus new Tuscon now to (even though its been ceramic coated), its driven daily but my ute is painless as its rarely driven.
Car Pro bug out
Poorboy's Non-Acid Wheel Cleaner
I have NV purge atm, and yeah its not bad and this'll sound stupid, but the trigger nozzle that came with it caused it to leak when it was screwed on, i lost probably half the bottle before i noticed, i had to store it with the nozzle unscrewed. Contacted waxit about it and whilst they didnt fob me off, they just said they'd check to see whats going on. So rather than risk it again i thought id take the chance on the Poorboys.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels

Last edited by DJM83; 03-10-2022 at 02:47 PM.
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 03-10-2022, 02:36 PM   #2017
FormulaFG
Lurking......
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Weird. I've found the S20 black to be phenomenal.
Yeah, I had high expectations and was really disappointed.
FormulaFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2022, 02:59 PM   #2018
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83 View Post
4L NV Snow+ found it awesome, and only got the bigger one as the 1L is OOS and it'll be handy now having to wash the missus new Tuscon now to (even though its been ceramic coated), its driven daily but my ute is painless as its rarely driven.
Just need mindful the NV Snow+ isn't ph neutral so they say it can remove spray on coatings. Assume it's ok for ceramic coating. DFB will no doubt be able to clarify.
Old 03-10-2022, 03:19 PM   #2019
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
Just need mindful the NV Snow+ isn't ph neutral so they say it can remove spray on coatings. Assume it's ok for ceramic coating. DFB will no doubt be able to clarify.
Never really thought of that, rookie error. That said, missus car should be ok i think. I think with my ute thats rarely driven and spends most of its life under a car cover in the garage should be ok.
Ive contacted wax it anyway just to clarify. I might change to the normal NV Snow as i was impressed with that also.

Edit- not that i doubt anyones knowledge here
- Antz Turboside Intake

Last edited by DJM83; 03-10-2022 at 03:26 PM.
Old 03-10-2022, 04:25 PM   #2020
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:

Sorry to hear that, can't say I have had that happen. It's actually been a while since I have used S20, so my direct knowledge on it is a little hazy. I'm wondering if you working time was not dialed in? What pad were you using it on?

Either way, I hate it when stuff like that happens, it's very demotivating, especially with a well-regarded product.
Mustang GT

Old 03-10-2022, 04:31 PM   #2021
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Sorry, fordo, missed your reply.

Have no idea what Dave is up to these days. Shortly after he did my XR8 for me, he was 'dobbed' in on by someone from running a business from home, and the council shut him down. Hen then had to relocate homes and he didn't have access to the facilities he needed, so he gave up the detailing game.

Was a shame because he knew his stuff.
That is such a shame, I remember his work posted here and it was quite motivating.

As you will know, I do a lot of detailing from my home garage, sometimes for payment. If someone dobbed me in, I would rain down terror on the lot of them! And considering how a large part of the country has been working from home over the last couple of years, I think local councils should mind their own business.
Mustang GT

4 users like this post:
Old 03-10-2022, 04:40 PM   #2022
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83 View Post
Never really thought of that, rookie error. That said, missus car should be ok i think. I think with my ute thats rarely driven and spends most of its life under a car cover in the garage should be ok.
Ive contacted wax it anyway just to clarify. I might change to the normal NV Snow as i was impressed with that also.

Edit- not that i doubt anyones knowledge here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
Car Pro bug out
Poorboy's Non-Acid Wheel Cleaner
I have NV purge atm, and yeah its not bad and this'll sound stupid, but the trigger nozzle that came with it caused it to leak when it was screwed on, i lost probably half the bottle before i noticed, i had to store it with the nozzle unscrewed. Contacted waxit about it and whilst they didnt fob me off, they just said they'd check to see whats going on. So rather than risk it again i thought id take the chance on the Poorboys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
Firstly, I have had Purge leak like that too, to the point where I screw the sprayer head closed after use to prevent the product from pressurizing up and out the tip.

For Snow and Snow+, the official pH readings for those products are -

Snow - 7.2
Snow+ - 8.1

At those readings, you will be fine to use both for ceramic coatings and non ceramic coated vehicles. But...........

I pH tested both of those soaps and got very different readings, even after several tests and cross checking with other products. Snow was closer to 9.8 and Snow+ was above 11.

If it were me, I would change your order to Snow and keep Snow+ for decontamination or the occasional deep clean.

EDIT: I was given a response to those readings which I was happy with. PM me if you want the run down.
Mustang GT

Last edited by DFB FGXR6; 03-10-2022 at 04:48 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 03-10-2022, 06:01 PM   #2023
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Last week, Waxit were offering a free gift on every fourth order, of course I chose to play along.

Having not ordered the Economax Brush Set, I assume I won the lucky dip. Or maybe they recognized my name?

https://www.waxit.com.au/products/ec...781ef60b&_ss=r

In fact, the 500ml bottle of Eraser was a loyalty points redemption, and the sample size of Boost v2 was a freebie too.

This is the first time I have managed to get a 3.8lt size of Wise Guy, it's always been either sold out or their website had a glitch that prevented placing the order for the larger size. (Waxit are in the process of designed an all-new website, which I think will serve them better than their glitchy current website.)

https://www.waxit.com.au/products/sh...e&_ss=e&_v=1.0

Another order, another new tyre dressing.

https://www.waxit.com.au/products/au...087bae7c&_ss=r

NV Purge for stock -

https://www.waxit.com.au/products/nv...e&_ss=e&_v=1.0

Lastly, a Carpro Measure dilution aid for my bottle of P&S Absolute -

https://www.waxit.com.au/products/ca...e&_ss=e&_v=1.0
Mustang GT

3 users like this post:
Old 03-10-2022, 10:33 PM   #2024
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Anyone who wants a brand new bottle only used once can have it if you pay the postage.
I'll take it mate

I've never had a single issue with it, i've used it on all car makes. Less is more, you keep working it until it's almost see through and wipe off. I have lots of other products i use for correction but I usually finish with a pass of S20.

There are so many factors here at play, the pad type, speed of machine, paint type, working time, weather conditions etc etc. It's also not great at cutting heaps of heavy defects, but it's not designed for that.

Last edited by fordomatic; 03-10-2022 at 10:47 PM.
fordomatic is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 04-10-2022, 12:46 PM   #2025
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Firstly, I have had Purge leak like that too, to the point where I screw the sprayer head closed after use to prevent the product from pressurizing up and out the tip.

For Snow and Snow+, the official pH readings for those products are -

Snow - 7.2
Snow+ - 8.1

At those readings, you will be fine to use both for ceramic coatings and non ceramic coated vehicles. But...........

I pH tested both of those soaps and got very different readings, even after several tests and cross checking with other products. Snow was closer to 9.8 and Snow+ was above 11.

If it were me, I would change your order to Snow and keep Snow+ for decontamination or the occasional deep clean.

EDIT: I was given a response to those readings which I was happy with. PM me if you want the run down.
PM Sent.
Also Waxit were happy to change the order to the regular snow.
- Antz Turboside Intake
2 users like this post:
Old 04-10-2022, 06:31 PM   #2026
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Adam's have a 48 hour sale on at the moment, 20% off store wide. Code: OCT20 at checkout.

https://adamspolishes.com.au/

A couple of highlights -

Slick & Slide, such a great drying aid -

https://adamspolishes.com.au/product...838c4e87&_ss=r

Tire & Rubber Cleaner -

https://adamspolishes.com.au/product...8ac3d255&_ss=r

Graphene Tire Dressing -

https://adamspolishes.com.au/product...39310481457225

Mustang GT

Old 04-10-2022, 07:06 PM   #2027
CATXR8
OWN THE ROAD

Mostly original paint.
Wolfgang produccts.

WORK HORSE - P250
CATXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 04-10-2022, 07:07 PM   #2028
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CATXR8 View Post
Mostly original paint.
Wolfgang produccts.

Which Wolfgang LSP?
Mustang GT

Old 04-10-2022, 10:57 PM   #2029
CATXR8
OWN THE ROAD

Quote:
Which Wolfgang LSP?
Wolfgang Auto bath
Cobra microfiber wash mit
Cobra guzzler microfiber dry towel
Wolfgang Fuzion
Wolfgang Deep gloss spritz
Wolfgang Vision glass cleaner

The above photo was taken after driving from Murray Bridge SA to Geelong for the GAFD.
All that was done was a wash and dry.

Also used on the engine bay.

WORK HORSE - P250
Old 05-10-2022, 08:01 PM   #2030
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Wolfgang Auto bath
Wolfgang Fuzion

The above photo was taken after driving from Murray Bridge SA to Geelong for the GAFD.

WOW! Where have you been hiding that! More pics please!!

Also WOW on Wolfgang Fusion, that's a VERY high-end product! How was the application process on that?
Mustang GT

Old 05-10-2022, 08:33 PM   #2031
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Waxit are offering 20% off all accessories storewide at the moment -

https://www.waxit.com.au/collections...-sale?view=all

Highlights would include -

-Kwazar Mercury
https://www.waxit.com.au/collections...0-pro-500ml-1l

-Carpro Masking Tape (the best in on the market)
https://www.waxit.com.au/collections...o-masking-tape

-Carpro Brush Set
https://www.waxit.com.au/collections...ailing-brushes

-Wheel Woolies Brush Set (these are super handy to have, great for pedals)
https://www.waxit.com.au/collections...ling-brush-set

-Take Now Headlamp (great if you do a lot of interiors in poor lighting)
https://www.waxit.com.au/collections...kenow-headlamp

-Shine Mate Tool Bag (I have this for my polishers, very well made)
https://www.waxit.com.au/collections...-mate-tool-bag

Only problem is, I don't need anything at the moment!
Mustang GT

Old 05-10-2022, 09:03 PM   #2032
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

This is what $165 in towels looks like.......................

Mustang GT

Old 05-10-2022, 09:29 PM   #2033
FPV0002
FPV0002

Quote:
Wolfgang Auto bath
Wolfgang Fuzion

Need more pics of this thing!!
FPV0002 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2022, 09:28 PM   #2034
CATXR8
OWN THE ROAD

Quote:
WOW! Where have you been hiding that! More pics please!!

Also WOW on Wolfgang Fusion, that's a VERY high-end product! How was the application process on that?
Yes but Wolfgang is definitely worth the extra $$.

upload photos online

WORK HORSE - P250
4 users like this post:
Old 06-10-2022, 09:31 PM   #2035
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Yes but Wolfgang is definitely worth the extra $$.

imageupload photos online

No argument from me regarding spending big money on products!

Only Wolfgang product I have used is their Deep Gloss Paint Sealant, such a lovely thing to work with.

The XR8 looks stunning, love it!
Mustang GT

Old 06-10-2022, 09:36 PM   #2036
CATXR8
OWN THE ROAD

A few more

Wolfgang also on the TS50 T3.

WORK HORSE - P250
4 users like this post:
Old 06-10-2022, 09:43 PM   #2037
CATXR8
OWN THE ROAD

Quote:
No argument from me regarding spending big money on products!

Only Wolfgang product I have used is their Deep Gloss Paint Sealant, such a lovely thing to work with.

The XR8 looks stunning, love it!
All their products are excellent.
They are all easy to use.
WORK HORSE - P250
Old 07-10-2022, 12:50 PM   #2038
prydey
Rob

Quick question to help my decision making.

I've run out of NV snow, which I use for snow foaming. I use Carpro reset for washing the car with a bucket.

I know foaming isn't required every time but I like to do it. It obviously uses a lot of product though as most recommend around 1:10 ratio for foam.

Reset is dearer but requires less product. Just wondering if I should buy more NV snow or buy more Reset and use Reset for foaming and washing.

For 1L it's $31(snow) vs $42 (reset) however technically I should use less Reset per wash. Hmmm, what should I do?

Does reset still foam well at a higher dilution (1:15 or even 1:20) compared to snow at 1:10?
Old 07-10-2022, 06:57 PM   #2039
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
Quick question to help my decision making.

I've run out of NV snow, which I use for snow foaming. I use Carpro reset for washing the car with a bucket.

I know foaming isn't required every time but I like to do it. It obviously uses a lot of product though as most recommend around 1:10 ratio for foam.

Reset is dearer but requires less product. Just wondering if I should buy more NV snow or buy more Reset and use Reset for foaming and washing.

For 1L it's $31(snow) vs $42 (reset) however technically I should use less Reset per wash. Hmmm, what should I do?

Does reset still foam well at a higher dilution (1:15 or even 1:20) compared to snow at 1:10?
Firstly, Reset dilution ratios.

Carpro's official dilution rate is 500:1, at that rate you would only use 2ml of Reset in a 1 lt foam cannon.

When I first started using Reset in a foam cannon, I was using 120 - 150ml per foam cannon bottle. I have been told that as little as 30ml in a foam cannon will deliver excellent foam, and I have been dropping my Reset down to 50 -80ml and still getting brilliant foaming.

Personally, I never use a separate foam cannon soap to my bucket soap. You would be absolutely fine to use Reset as your only soap, or Snow for that matter. Make sure you consider Koch Chemie GSF as well, it's way up there with Reset and Snow for slickness, foaming and scent. GSF is even more expensive than Reset, but I'm telling you, this soap will become addictive.

https://www.detailstore.com.au/colle...e-snow-foam-1l

Mustang GT

Old 07-10-2022, 09:15 PM   #2040
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Firstly, Reset dilution ratios.

Carpro's official dilution rate is 500:1,
Yeah, but that's for a bucket wash.

If i can get away with about 80ml like you say, then it's about the same economy as snow, as I use about 100ml of that in a 1L container.