Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-03-2006, 07:52 PM   #151
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Camrys particularly the ones driven by dozies who drift down the outside lane 20 kmh below the speed limit oblivious to everything that goes on around them.

The Tarago that makes the terrible whistling sound going up the hill outside my place every day (what the hell is that noise from?).
Old 02-03-2006, 08:29 PM   #152
xc 460

I hate utes with mack Truck mudflaps and stainless steel side skirts! A ute is not a truck.
xc 460 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2006, 08:32 PM   #153
xxxc
tuff

VOLVOS ,no sh1t ,every week i am faced with a dumb ИИИИ that cant drive in a volvo ,bloody volvo drivers lol
xxxc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2006, 08:33 PM   #154
347_XR8
Slide Baby Slide

VR/VS V6 Commodores, C'MON! Ya seen one, ya seen em all no matter what you have done to it

Mr Super Skid-Man
347_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2006, 10:30 PM   #155
DENKO
Bseries hardcore

funiest car i saw today, a white lancer, black bonnet(not carbon fibre), chrome wheels, chrome lights, wide bodykit and a 3 inch cannon exhuast! it had MUGEN stickers on it!
BF MKII XR8, 13.8 @ 107mph
BA MKII F6 TYPHOON
BA MKII XR6 TURBO

BF MKII F6 TYPHOON R-spec, 13.2 @ 109 mph [LTHLF-6]
PX Ranger WILDTRAK
DENKO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2006, 11:07 PM   #156
Joes_meat
Churches Eat Souls

I actually once saw a Camira with a body kit with big mags and tyres on the front, and stockies on the back.

I laughed my *** off.
Joes_meat is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2006, 11:27 PM   #157
LUXO_8
windsor user

theres a camira here with what look like 18's, cannon tip, neons and shopping list (what he wishes he had)on the doors.

gotta laugh at it every time i see it lol
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2006, 12:37 AM   #158
Donny
Tickford 220kw Windsor...

Heres a winge session an a half.....
Cruddy xf's and ea's, these are mums and dads fowlcoons. Morons in Vn onwards commonodores who like to drift out of control in the wet (seen 3 seperate incidences of this yesterday, all young blokes in commonodores) People who slam their utes onto the ground with massive dia wheels, and try to use em for everyday use, IMO if u wanna do a bit to a ute, keep it useable (I have a Rodeo ute as my work hack, with 16in wheels, is lowered, but I can still put a tun of concrete in the back, or cut the trees and chuck it in the back and also still use it as it was intended, or put the tonneau on and have it look still ok) definantly a lot of daewoos (poofters cars) and hyaun-'should'-dies with stupid kits and pipes on em here on the Goldie. Sick to death of skylines and wrx's here, as the drivers all think they are either Jim Richards, or Colin McCrae. Thankfully Vl's arent as bad here these days, its vn's. Those poxy morono look a like aleetza lights on any car at all.....Jerries on the road that shouldnt ever be, the FILTH!!!, specially the flash for cash specials.....And riced up GEMINIES.......

That'll do 4 now...

Donny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2006, 12:47 AM   #159
pandaman
Back in Blue!

I'm sure it's been said before in the last 7 pages, but i'll say it again, any car with an exhaust tip you could fit ya head into really annoys me. Even more so when you can see that theres a four inch pipe heading back towards what is most likely a stock manifold on whatever poxy 4 cylinder rice burner is "powering" the heap of shopping list bedecked (good one MADNC8) plastic on 18 inch chromies at as great a pace it can muster towards the nearest ricerbarn coz the driver has just contracted a serious case of spoiler envy.

Seriously, If my old XE with more than twice the displacement of the average ricer could breathe quite nicely through a 2.25 or 2.5 inch exhaust (never bothered measuring actually) then your stock lancer is unlikely to benefit from such a massive pipe. I should probably get round to talking to one of these freaks one of these days to find out exactly why, but I suspect such a conversation would end in violence of some form.

Back in Blue baby!
pandaman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2006, 01:06 AM   #160
Dav0
"Saddam your sooo emo"-JH

well i just got home from maccas (not to eat) and on the way home i seen a nissan pulsar SSS with a 4 inch cannon and a reflective sticker saying " NISMO " in the rear window.......and if that wasnt bad enough there was a diИИИИsu charade (stock as a rock) tryin to do a skid......:| oh and another "random" event was in the middle of the main road of cairns 2 commonwhores draggin each other.....wat models you may ask....our favourite of course VN and VS, funny side of it is that the cairns traffic branch is only bout 500m at the most away :P
Dav0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2006, 01:13 AM   #161
thefatdx
Starter Motor

Just to repeat what everyone else has said. Lancers i bloody hate those cars. stock engine with altezzas lowered crommies fullysik 4" exhaust hotdog grumble cannon automatic transmissioned pieces of ИИИИ!

Also any car with a loud exhaust and an bog stock engine with bog stock auto trans with bog stock stall converter sounds crap.

And nismo stickers ИИИИ me too. My friend owns an automatic silvia, i almost therw up when i first saw it.
thefatdx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2006, 01:33 AM   #162
janek
Ripping it up

rexies. flat out. they give me the ИИИИs, theyre ugly and overrated. equal the boots in a ford 6, you have a machine. and one you can look at.
janek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2006, 02:07 AM   #163
pandaman
Back in Blue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav0
well i just got home from maccas (not to eat) and on the way home i seen a nissan pulsar SSS with a 4 inch cannon and a reflective sticker saying " NISMO " in the rear window.......and if that wasnt bad enough there was a diИИИИsu charade (stock as a rock) tryin to do a skid......:| oh and another "random" event was in the middle of the main road of cairns 2 commonwhores draggin each other.....wat models you may ask....our favourite of course VN and VS, funny side of it is that the cairns traffic branch is only bout 500m at the most away :P
Even better is NISMO on non nissans, I don't recall seeing it in person, but there are photos floating around of integras and the like with bloody great NISMO badging. Now there's an automotive faux pas. e

As for the charade, sick of em. Anyone on here who isn't? If so, you're a communist.

Ahhhh the old averageprostitute dragmatch, look at it this way, if they manage to wipe each other out in the process it's like a natural selection doublewhammy yeah? Been running into a few boyracer types since I've gotten the VN, only one of them was in a holden though pretty weird stuff as well, wanted a drag in the middle of civic across an intersection with a merge back to one lane straight after it. Ummmm riiiiiight, even if the place wasn't

a) Packed with pedestrians and fellow motorists
b) A 60 zone
c) Within line of sight of the local copshop

Commo/stato sandwhich just aint my flavour so I let that one slide. :voldar02:

Back in Blue baby!
pandaman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2006, 12:24 PM   #164
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

I pulled up in my ea with its bog stock everything.... and a ******** in a VT SS pulled up and wanted to race... i mean : ITS A GOD DAMN EA there is like 90rwkw so i called him a ******** and drove off.... i'll go see him when the 351 is all go in the XD i think
[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2006, 12:33 PM   #165
Dav0
"Saddam your sooo emo"-JH

some of the most fun ive had with my pants on is rollin up beside a ricer and then revving the engine "wanting" to race. the ricer would respond then the second the lights change they would take off and i would roll on up to the next set of lights and there he would be just sittin there. i rock up laugh my @$$ off cause he has burnt fuel for no reason except to drag off a.......MINI MOKE!!!
Dav0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2006, 12:53 PM   #166
Mark Edmonds
XLR8

Pulsars with oakley thermonuclear ejaculation stickers on the back window.
Mark Edmonds is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2006, 12:53 PM   #167
gozza

what about vl's with nismo stickers
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2006, 12:54 PM   #168
gozza

or datsuns with nismo stickers lol

people with put a nismo stick or anything
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2006, 04:30 PM   #169
SunDrifter
To shreads you say?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by origionalxp
whats not to like about minitrucks?? im also into trucks as they are a cheaper alternative to hotrodding.. here is a pic of a fullsize, but generally minitrucks follow the same similar styling and mods as this truck.. airbag suspension,suicide doors, body drops roof chops thats what real minitrucking is about! u should see the amount of work that goes into alot of the minitrucks that get around.. puttting on a set of wheels and a monster tacho is NOT minitrucking... ill try find a pic of a modified chassis on one of these "lowluxes"

cheers guys

just my opinion here, but minitruckers are fasion victims.

Take for example, your average 2wd toyota hilux. These cars do NOT handle well, or drive fast in standard format. If you dump them and put a stupid exhaust on them they may drive a little faster and handle a little better, but they are still not going to be better then say, a falcon ute.

Plus, when you do this to your average hilux, you lessen its load capacity, thus ruining the practical side to owning a hilux over say, a falcon ute.

Pretty clever really.

So if you want a fast, cool looking ute.... why not buy the damn falcon?? :

I was stopped next to a local minitrucker a while back at a set of lights, and i asked him "whats the point?" He couldn't tell me. Can you?
I've owned Holdens and Daewoos, and had plenty of problems with Holdens and none with Daewoos. Of course, the Holden is the more desirable car to own and drive, but based on my experience it is not the higher quality of the two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickHolden
Weight means nothing to a cars handling...
:
SunDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2006, 04:31 PM   #170
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Pictures of Tori's bloody ute : : :
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2006, 11:02 PM   #171
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDrifter
just my opinion here, but minitruckers are fasion victims.

Take for example, your average 2wd toyota hilux. These cars do NOT handle well, or drive fast in standard format. If you dump them and put a stupid exhaust on them they may drive a little faster and handle a little better, but they are still not going to be better then say, a falcon ute.

Plus, when you do this to your average hilux, you lessen its load capacity, thus ruining the practical side to owning a hilux over say, a falcon ute.

Pretty clever really.

So if you want a fast, cool looking ute.... why not buy the damn falcon?? :

I was stopped next to a local minitrucker a while back at a set of lights, and i asked him "whats the point?" He couldn't tell me. Can you?
They just do it for cosmetical purposes and nothing else, which is fine with me but I personally dont see the point either.

Its like those guys who build up massive car sound systems in stock cars to enter in DB drags and sound offs, I just dont see any point what so ever.

Each to their own I suppose.

Last edited by Ryan; 03-03-2006 at 11:07 PM.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2006, 11:37 PM   #172
conordec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

horrible coloured cars..... especially outside my workplace... see pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image_00063.jpg (63.3 KB, 71 views)
conordec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2006, 11:38 PM   #173
conordec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

truthfully... i did have half a woodie.
conordec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2006, 03:48 AM   #174
FGX-351
Supercharged Mang-mobile

after getting challengedrepeatedly in the wet by a worked manual vl tonite, i am currently ИИИИed at vl's
09/00 VX HSV XU6 Build #0001 of 0171
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....09#post5571209
-- Best E/T: |14.982 @92.12mph | R/T:0.013 | 60' 2.213| 330: 6.283 | 1/8: 9.624 @ 73.17mph | 1000: 12.529 | 25Deg, N/A Hum, 1010mb | Willowbank Raceway 7/12/16

Tickford EL Falcon XR6 RIP
-- Factory Manual
-- Best E/T: |14.991 @ 92.71mph | R/T: 0.607 | 60': 2.215 | 660': 9.665 |13Deg, 86%H, 1024mb, 184RA @ Willowbank Raceway
FGX-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2006, 09:02 AM   #175
Mesa
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Since I normally drive in the very early hours of the morning when it's still dark, about the only cars I'm sick of seeing are the ones who insist on using fog lights with headlights or parking lights with fog lights. Especially the after market 100+ watt versions on some ricers.
Mesa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2006, 11:56 AM   #176
Swordie

I've just come back from Asia and noticed people are much more relaxed on the roads. I'm sick of seeing people in cars that are way too aggressive and can't tolerate people making mistakes. I’ve driven in the U.S and it is much better than Australia. There are allot of people who need to grow up.
Swordie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2006, 11:59 AM   #177
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

Is it China where everyone beeps their horns all the time? I think Holden had to fit special heavy duty horns to their Statesmans to be exported to China.

If everyone grew up then I'd miss the frequent game of boxing in the pesky tailgater.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2006, 12:01 PM   #178
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

lol @ your tag.. love that boxing game
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2006, 09:53 PM   #179
XRLightening

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joes_meat
Cars with stockies on the back.

Why bother buying mags if you're not going to put them on the back too?

Do you buy half a set with a mate and share the mags?

Why not do what I'm doing with my stockies - stripping the ugly black paint and polishing them up - looks pretty neat.

Cars with stockie on the back are cop magnets.

I just wanna wind down my window and say "mate it aint half obvious you've been doing burnouts"
XRLightening is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2006, 10:06 PM   #180
Group C

BA XR6's and XR8's with GT stripes and/or bulge stickers.

if you want the stripes, buy the car that they are meant for...

that reminds me, saw a BF XR6 in Bionic Blue last week with BA MkI fake GT stripes. even worse than BA's with BA GT stripes, because they were on the wrong model as well!!
Also saw a yellow GTO Monaro a few months ago with BA MkII GT stripes... wrong make AND model!!
Group C is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post