Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 09-05-2009, 03:45 AM   #1
Zetec Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by curik
I believe that's not true. I was told that I will definitely get my car before the end of next week.
If I don't get my car by the date I was told by the dealer the other day (26th may) and find out that its not on the ship yet, then the dealer is lying to me and deception is not something I would let go of easily cause they showed me a sheet of several cars with delivery dates and mine stated 26th May 2009.
Zetec Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2009, 03:47 AM   #2
Zetec Dave

Hey Curik, what did your dealer advise you regarding the status of your vehicle? Did they say its on the ship or its docked and just going through customs etc? I'd really like to see if we can match up the dealers stories since everyone has been told differently every time.
Old 09-05-2009, 10:26 AM   #3
MR_SIDO
you'd be popular too.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by curik
I believe that's not true. I was told that I will definitely get my car before the end of next week.
There was a sprinkling of zetec's that made it on a boat, yours could be one of them, but the rest have been delayed.
Old 09-05-2009, 11:27 AM   #4
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Guys

If you haven't already, demand the SIDO from your dealer if they say it is on the way.

Any of the forum Ford stock control guys can then actually get the location of your vehicle.

I had mine tracked all the way.
Candyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2009, 12:32 PM   #5
Zetec Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SIDO
There was a sprinkling of zetec's that made it on a boat, yours could be one of them, but the rest have been delayed.
Thanks for the reassuring info SIDO, just hoping that both mine and Curik's cars were on the same boat and that we take delivery this month. Otherwise, there definately is some lying and discrepancies from the dealers. Hey Curik, lets both cross our fingers and hope that it gets delivered this month. Let me know when you get yours.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:08 PM   #6
MR_SIDO

Just received news from Ford that the arrival dates of all Zetec Fiesta's have been pushed back at least one month. I have a vehicle that was due this month that will now be here late July. If anyone is interested I have a New Zetec Manual in Squeeze, and a New Zetec Auto in Squeeze Currently in stock. PM if interested.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:13 PM   #7
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

3 or 5 door and what state.

Last edited by ANGEL#3; 08-05-2009 at 04:18 PM.
ANGEL#3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2009, 04:16 PM   #8
MR_SIDO

5 door, I am in Victoria
Old 08-05-2009, 04:30 PM   #9
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

PM sent. I'll drive down to mate. NSW
Old 08-05-2009, 06:16 PM   #10
Spinner77

The dealer told me from the very outset that there would be a wait, and I didnt mind whatsoever..

That's OK for some. But I suggest that people have every right to be upset if a stated delivery time is badly exceeded. For one thing, they lose the alternatives they might otherwise have had. In my own case I had recommended (1) the Zetec, and (2) the Mazda3 runout. Now of course the Mazda runout has finished.

Let's say I have a suspicion that before this exercise is over, Ford will have to amend its advertising to reflect the realities of its capacity to deliver.
Spinner77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2009, 12:56 AM   #11
InTrail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger77
In my own case I had recommended (1) the Zetec, and (2) the Mazda3 runout. Now of course the Mazda runout has finished.
There's still a few superceded Mazda 3s about, although most are probably showroom or dealer demo's.
The Mazda dealer in Cairns had 2 Neos and 2 Maxx's a couple of weeks ago. I know they still have a manual Maxx hatch available, and after driving the new model I'm tempted to save the $5k difference and get the old model.

I'd still prefer a Zetec Fiesta for our second car, but even our Fleet lease compaany couldn't give me an approx. delivery date.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:40 PM   #12
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTrail
There's still a few superceded Mazda 3s about, although most are probably showroom or dealer demo's.
The Mazda dealer in Cairns had 2 Neos and 2 Maxx's a couple of weeks ago. I know they still have a manual Maxx hatch available, and after driving the new model I'm tempted to save the $5k difference and get the old model.

I'd still prefer a Zetec Fiesta for our second car, but even our Fleet lease compaany couldn't give me an approx. delivery date.
The run out LT model Focus Zetec is on run out and they are quite easy to obtain. You would be looking at about 5 or so days delivery to a dealership near a capital city. They are quite good value. Manual or Auto are available. Only 08's though.
Old 09-05-2009, 02:59 AM   #13
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The weird thing is there doesn't seem to be a shortage of cars in the UK. The plant in Germany could build all the Australian cars that have been ordered so far in a day and have it done but I dunno they just don't seem to be. In the end it's surely something wrong on the Australian end of the deal, it is because Ford AU changed some things on the car and that makes it a little more trouble to do a run of them or what I don't know.

All you guys that are waiting untill June/July what about the people that order one tomorrow? they wont be getting one until October at this rate. I wonder what the dealers are telling people the delivery date will be for those people. Anyway I can add that after all these months and 10,000ks our has had no problems whatever so if you only have to wait a couple more months for the car you want stick it out. But I don't think I'd buy one at the moment if I knew I had to wait 4 months (and that's why they tell lies , the last thing Ford AU need right now is to loose a sale)
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2009, 06:00 AM   #14
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Curik and Zetec Dave, Both of you are in Melbourne right? I can't see how there's more than a week difference between when you get your cars since they must have both been on the same ship?, bit suss. It will be interesting to see just when each car arrives. If nothing else all this is showing up some truths about the untruths dealers will tell
Old 09-05-2009, 12:37 PM   #15
Zetec82
Starter Motor

I have just been told August. Was supposed to be May delivery. Shattered.
Zetec82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2009, 12:48 PM   #16
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetec82
I have just been told August. Was supposed to be May delivery. Shattered.
Oh mate, that sucks. :(

I had to wait 3 months for my Forester XT a few years back but as with the GTI wait times, the dealer was up front and on the mark about the eventual delivery..

Last edited by Candyman2; 09-05-2009 at 12:54 PM.
Old 09-05-2009, 01:25 PM   #17
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well just had the dealer call me. They received an email from Ford letting them know our SIDO and the car is on the Ship.

The dealer told me we'll have the car this month 22nd or the 26th at the latest. It's about time.

So I think with the ship on its way there should be a lot of member’s cars turning up at the end of the month. Let’s hope anyway.
Old 09-05-2009, 01:50 PM   #18
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Betty

So I think with the ship on its way there should be a lot of member’s cars turning up at the end of the month. Let’s hope anyway.
Hope so but don't get too excited.

When ours was coming over, both dealers said it was the only Zetec on the shipment - all the rest were LX's and the base model :(
Old 11-05-2009, 05:22 PM   #19
oldsoftboss

You guys are gunna hate me...

Have been watching this thread (and others) on delivery times for the Zetec Fiesta and was getting quite dismayed.
Wanted to get a Zetec for my wifes birthday in November, but watching the delivery date blow out made me nervious about when to order. We took a Zetec Demo for a test drive about a month ago so I rang the dealer today to find out when it was due to sell. He told me the demo period was finished, the thing has 1700km on the clock and they wanted 22k on the road. Paid the deposit, pick it up Thursday or Friday.

WOW!!

Dave
oldsoftboss is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2009, 05:29 PM   #20
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Thats a premium price for a demo with 1700km on it - ouch.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:42 PM   #21
oldsoftboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman2
Thats a premium price for a demo with 1700km on it - ouch.
Delivered in 3 days, I'll wear it. And as others have said, while there selling like hot cakes, the dealer has little incentive to drop the price. Then there's the wife factor we have to allow for.

Last edited by oldsoftboss; 11-05-2009 at 06:01 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:11 PM   #22
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nice one, makes no difference demo or not really, you burn through 1700 ks in a couple of weeks anyway, what colour is it?
Old 11-05-2009, 09:09 PM   #23
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfoam
Nice one, makes no difference demo or not really, you burn through 1700 ks in a couple of weeks anyway, what colour is it?
Except they were done by multiple other people who didn't care a toss about the car and during a period when a bit of care is important.....
Old 11-05-2009, 09:14 PM   #24
msnealo
Zetec with 17's

Quote:
Except they were done by multiple other people who didn't care a toss about the car and during a period when a bit of care is important.....
It's not 1982? Engines are built within a lot higher tolerances than years gone by. Depending on the Engineer you speak to "running in" is not even required any more.
msnealo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2009, 09:16 PM   #25
msnealo
Zetec with 17's

Won't say where I got this email but......................

Quote:

TO: ALL FORD DEALER PRINCIPALS

SUBJECT: WS FIESTA ZETEC DELAYS
The launch of the WS Fiesta has been a great success for Ford both locally and globally. Global sales have
exceeded retail forecasts and in particular, there has been a much greater demand for Zetec models than
anticipated. The large increase in Zetec orders from all markets exceeds the capacity of the European Plants
and as a result, Ford of Europe is currently unable to satisfy global demand for Zetec models.

Ford of Europe is working with suppliers to increase capacity as soon as possible. Ford of Australia has been
working closely with Ford of Europe on this issue, however there has and will be futher delays on some Zetec
units. To assist Dealers in managing customer expectations during this period we will provide Dealers with as
much information as we can regarding the forecast arrival dates of Zetec units.

A Stock Controllers News Flash (SCNF 2009/046) has also been issued with an attachment that provides
Dealers with the SIDO, Original Arrival Month and Forecast Arrival Month of delinquent April Zetec units and
also May – July units. Units that have a TBC in the Forecast Arrival column will be updated as the information
becomes available. We will also provide Dealers with an update on the issue resolution when further
information is known.

Please note, the Original Arrival Month as shown on the 'VREV' screen in VIS will not be changed to
ensure delayed vehicles are price protected in line with the original arrival assumption.

We apologise to Dealers and customers for these unexpected delays and we will continue to do everything in
our power to expedite the arrival of these units. Should you have any further queries please contact either your
Dealer Sales and Development Manager (DSDM) or Dealers Sales and Service Manager (DSSM).

Stephen Kruk
General Sales Manager
Old 11-05-2009, 09:50 PM   #26
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by msnealo
It's not 1982? Engines are built within a lot higher tolerances than years gone by. Depending on the Engineer you speak to "running in" is not even required any more.
So much more to "running in" than the engine.

Higher tolerances do not relate to running in the engine though.

Tolerances are actually tighter and narrower with current engines.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:54 PM   #27
msnealo
Zetec with 17's

Quote:
Tolerances are actually tighter and narrower with current engines.
That's right. Parts are now made to fit together rather than wear together over time.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:31 PM   #28
oldsoftboss

Quote:
Are you talking about my wife and kids. Wasn't aware you knew them
Old 11-05-2009, 10:36 PM   #29
oldsoftboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfoam
Sorry, Sea Grey.
We originally wanted a Squeeze, but when I saw one in person, thougth the paint looked a bit washed out. Hadn't really thought about any other color, but when we test drive the grey one we both thought it was not too bad.

Dave
Old 12-05-2009, 12:55 AM   #30
Zetec Dave

Apologies for my ignorance but what exactly does SIDO stand for?