Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-06-2014, 10:37 PM   #151
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Were Australian Fords Rubbish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jastel View Post
Don't believe everything you read on the internet....

I did consider it, mechanically they are similar, and with the potholes around here in the wet they would be good. Main different in expenses was cost of tyres and there is the lack of parts at wreckers. (compared to Falcon)

You and your family and excess luggage can always get a van but little old ladies don't like (or cant) climb into them. Taxis do not only work at airports.
Actually Falcon wagon is the airport conveyance of choice. Put it this way, if I call for a taxi I certainly don't expect to see a Prius!

Actually our airport transport out here in the country is Ford Transits and the little old ladies don't mind it at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberKnee View Post
If you cant fit in a Toyota Land Cruiser you wont fit in a Falcon either ;)
I was referring to Toyota cars of course ;)
new2ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2014, 12:45 AM   #152
UberKnee
The One Who Knocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by castellan View Post
But if you were to go just off the main roads some time you would know aussie cars are made for australia and it does not matter what way you look at it aussie cars are just that esp falcons & holdens.

Now listen mate the Opel commodore fell apart over hear and holden made it to handle aussie conditions. yes we kept the old red motor but you know why
? the average aussie could not afford the opel EFI 3.0L, so what does that tell ya ?

Just because some of you can afford or want to fork out for some flash import ( and that's all fine by me ) but it does not mean over all that australian made cars are or were a stupid idea.
They were the greatest, just look at our utes nothing comes close to driving them as the rest are just junk to compare them with.

I don't care what city folk think who ponce around in there own little world because they would not know jack and are mainly that stuck up as they stop dead at the sight of a dirt road, so what would they know.
I am on about cars for all australia, we made them bro.

I never had door handle problems on a falcon but i know it's a easy fix if you understand why.

Now listen mate who said anything about 4X4 you don't need 4X4 if you know how to drive. 4X4 are for off road.
I'm just confused now, where did you get the 4x4 bit from considering I never mentioned 4x4 except for a Land cruiser mention to a different poster?

From my experience Aussie cars built for Aussie conditions fall apart and develop the same rattles as cars not built for Aussie conditions. No cars going to hold up to the constant dirt road abuse you suggest is normal driving for anyone who isn't a ponce in your mind.
UberKnee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-06-2014, 12:06 PM   #153
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberKnee View Post
I'm just confused now, where did you get the 4x4 bit from considering I never mentioned 4x4 except for a Land cruiser mention to a different poster?

From my experience Aussie cars built for Aussie conditions fall apart and develop the same rattles as cars not built for Aussie conditions. No cars going to hold up to the constant dirt road abuse you suggest is normal driving for anyone who isn't a ponce in your mind.
Your experience well that's just it.
Look at history of cars in aus. XK Falcon ? do you remember, not up to aussie conditions it was found and they had to do better.

The first holden if you know the story a lot of testing had to be done and a lot of work went into it to strengthen it from the first 3 that came from the USA.

What do you think ford and holden spent on their testing tracks and why, just go and educate yourself on all that they do and have done.

Sure your other imports may be fine but do they have the testing done as our holden fords do.

I drove my wifes Aurion and it does not cut it for me as i would not buy one my self you know because i know it's rubbish for me but for her and others it may be just fine for what they want or do but don't try to push me into having to buy such a garbage type of car, i don't like it at all and i don't want to be force fed crap.

I like my falcons and commodores any day thank you, they are a much better car for all of australia much more than a Aurion and that's not bagging the Aurion it is what it is but it's not up to the falcon commodore as it's just a city car for old people and people who just ponce around and would not know any better. same for all the other FWD junk.

I will look back and say that Australia was something to be proud of and people who achieved.

I don't think a future will be anything to be proud of because of all the backward people leading our nation down the drain, the stupid lazy gutless good for nothings who will never make anything worth talking about.

You get this wimpy new age guy city mob mentality that you need a 4X4 if you are to drive on a dirt road. it's total nonsense ! they are just morons and hopeless dipsticks bloody worthless dolts who push everyone around to their miserable point of view. fact is i have come across people like that bro. Bloody hopeless ! it's like you give them a job and they say they don't want to do that, because it's to hard for them, so i have to say ok princess go back your own way but don't come pushing me around with your halfwit crap.

WERE AUSSIE FORD RUBBISH no not at all as only a total fool would say they were.
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-06-2014, 12:59 PM   #154
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

[QUOTE=castellan;5124964]
You get this wimpy new age guy city mob mentality that you need a 4X4 if you are to drive on a dirt road. it's total nonsense ! they are just morons and hopeless dipsticks bloody worthless dolts who push everyone around to their miserable point of view. fact is i have come across people like that bro. Bloody hopeless ! it's like you give them a job and they say they don't want to do that, because it's to hard for them, so i have to say ok princess go back your own way but don't come pushing me around with your halfwit crap.
[QUOTE]

Then there's your attitude that FWD cars are crap, news flash, FWD cars drive and handle better in poor conditions and on dirt roads.

Yes I drive my FWD cars on dirt roads often and I'd rather take my Focus/Fiesta and our Festiva on those roads than my Falcon, any faster than 60Km/h on those roads in the Falcon and it goes to slide and becomes unstable, can maintain 80Km/h safely on the same roads in the Focus/Fiesta and around 70km/h in the Festiva.

The only thing FWD sucks for is higher powered cars.

Everyone else just couldn't give a rats *** about which wheels drive the car and that is 90% of your new car buyers.

Is the Falcon a rubbish car? It has its faults but I've never experienced a car with colder AC or such a comfy ride.

Unfortunately its had its day and its dead come 2016.

Australia has moved on.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-06-2014, 01:43 AM   #155
Jastel
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has much experience with taxis and always jumps on here to explain things simply and help out the new guys in B-series and Contemporary... 

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2ford View Post
Actually Falcon wagon is the airport conveyance of choice. Put it this way, if I call for a taxi I certainly don't expect to see a Prius!

Actually our airport transport out here in the country is Ford Transits and the little old ladies don't mind it at all!

I was referring to Toyota cars of course ;)
You had better get used to prius, falcon wagons are getting scarcer every month as they reach the max age limit.
Jastel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2014, 03:24 AM   #156
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Sure your other imports may be fine but do they have the testing done as our holden fords do.

I drove my wifes Aurion and it does not cut it for me
Umm... you do realise that the Aurion is built in Australia, right?
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 15-06-2014, 10:23 AM   #157
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NX74205 View Post
Umm... you do realise that the Aurion is built in Australia, right?
Yes i do know where they are built and in aus and have known all a long.
Who do you think i am.
Old 15-06-2014, 10:48 AM   #158
93EB_SXR6
I totalled my XR6

Quote:
Who do you think i am.
Some random that we haven't met, posting his personal opinions on an anonymous internet forum..?
Yep.
Old 15-06-2014, 11:06 AM   #159
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jastel View Post
You had better get used to prius, falcon wagons are getting scarcer every month as they reach the max age limit.
Fortunately I haven't seen any Prius in this part of NSW. All still 100% Falcon ;)

The other not-so-insignificant matter is that, with the end of the Falcon, a whole sector of public transport will move from a sustainable, locally-sourced fuel (gas) to imported oil. At about the same time that the other public transport sector that isn't already on local fuel (electricity) is trialling options in such directions. Do they all know something the taxi industry doesn't or is it like the parable of the wise and foolish virgins?

The presence of Ford as a major local supplier of gas-fuelled vehicles is something the country will miss in years to come.
Old 15-06-2014, 11:10 AM   #160
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=Big Damo;5125012][QUOTE=castellan;5124964]
Quote:

Then there's your attitude that FWD cars are crap, news flash, FWD cars drive and handle better in poor conditions and on dirt roads.

Yes I drive my FWD cars on dirt roads often and I'd rather take my Focus/Fiesta and our Festiva on those roads than my Falcon, any faster than 60Km/h on those roads in the Falcon and it goes to slide and becomes unstable, can maintain 80Km/h safely on the same roads in the Focus/Fiesta and around 70km/h in the Festiva.

The only thing FWD sucks for is higher powered cars.

Everyone else just couldn't give a rats *** about which wheels drive the car and that is 90% of your new car buyers.

Is the Falcon a rubbish car? It has its faults but I've never experienced a car with colder AC or such a comfy ride.

Unfortunately its had its day and its dead come 2016.

Australia has moved on.
Austrilia has moved backwards mate, how could anyone say that get rid of you car industry is a move forward ?
Holden back in 1948 must of been a backward step for australia then by your statement. but i will say it was a move forward back then.

90% say would not know jack and i am not interested in there opinion really ? and why is that, because it's people like that are backward and don't have a clue worth talking about and with people like that your modern car today would still be a FJ Holden or worse with some communist inspired 2 stroke rubbish, fair dinkum. nothing inspiring about the 90% of clowns from what i can see, just boring backward half wits.

Peter Hannenberger came to aus and was a great man in the industry but to many dopy aussies did not have the brain capacity to understand what RTS was all about and complained that the car did not suit the idiots and fools who could not drive so RTS 2 came about for half wits who could not drive to save themselves were catered for. then came all the bull of air bags ABS etc for the fools.

Your falcon ? something is wrong. my falcon could be pushed as hard as and was fine at 10 tenths on any road without a problem worth talking about.

News flash FWD cars are to heavy in the nose to be anything but a shopping troly.
Old 15-06-2014, 11:45 AM   #161
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
News flash FWD cars are to heavy in the nose to be anything but a shopping troly.

Austin 1800 - bush and rally car extraordinaire. I had two.

Also lived in bush with my Mini van. Very good for getting unbogged. The sump guards were good at levelling off the hump in the middle of the tracks until the 4WDs later buggered bush tracks by rutting them all.

Modern shopping trolley:

Last edited by new2ford; 15-06-2014 at 11:51 AM.
3 users like this post:
Old 15-06-2014, 11:53 AM   #162
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:

Can you please go and tell Ford, Renault, Honda, Peugeot, VW, etc that they have all screwed up, that all their hot hatches that are FWD are nothing but shopping trolleys.
The Focus RS (v1, 2 and to be released 3), the Megane RS265, Golf GTi, etc all are rubbish, nose heavy pigs and should be nothing but shopping cars.
At the same time WTCC and BTCC are all wrong too.

Both RWD and FWD have their advantages and I have no preference over either. Your comment comes straight from the book of no clue. Back to 1948 for you.
Old 15-06-2014, 12:37 PM   #163
timetaker

Every manufacturer has problems from time to time with one or more of their vehicle models.I have recently done some research on Golf R and Audi S3 not just on the internet(forums,Facebook etc) but I have been able to ask owners and a some mechanics that have worked on VAG cars.The general impression that I have......."STAY AWAY FROM THEM".There have been many owners,I'm sure,that have had no problems with their Golfs or Audis but some of the comments have scared me.The influx of problems on their Facebook pages have caused both VW and Audi to redesign their pages so it is a little more difficult to fine people's posts,especially people that have not only complained about the problems with their cars but also the appalling dealership service.The poor service that VW owners have experienced was from what I discovered worst than the problem/s with their cars!
Australian Fords are not rubbish because they are no worse than some German premium brands.Sure those premium brands have more tech and better interiors etc but will they last the lifetime of their warranties?
timetaker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2014, 01:08 PM   #164
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by timetaker View Post
Australian Fords are not rubbish because they are no worse than some German premium brands.Sure those premium brands have more tech and better interiors etc but will they last the lifetime of their warranties?
A colleague who works as a quality engineer in Germany tells me the best-quality German cars nowadays are those made by Ford! If you want a well-built, reliable car on a VAG (VW) platform you buy a Skoda, made in Czech Republic.

You're right that the tech and interior quality of the German cars is better but I agree absolutely that reliability is important.

I'd have to say though that the Skoda I drove in Europe two years ago (200,000 ks on the clock) was a better-built and more rugged car than my Territory. I've had two Territorys, clocked up 10 years in them now, and I can say that they're certainly delicate in the trim and suspension departments (the latter costing me a bit - so much for being Aussie-rugged!) but if I look after them they are very rewarding. Unfortunately most buyers nowadays don't see that they should have to do any looking-after.

The biggest "trauma" in stepping into the Skoda was that I found it disconcerting not having all those undetectable squeaks and rattles coming from down the back all the time, everything was silent - dear old Ford Oz, I missed you!

I'll keep a Territory till the bitter end because it's such a beautifully-designed driver's car and practical. But if I do have to make the change, our excellent, old-fashioned and honest (and thus rare?) country dealer is also the Skoda/VW dealer so I know there won't be any service issues. And their service guys rate the Skoda over the VW.
Old 15-06-2014, 01:19 PM   #165
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2ford View Post

Austin 1800 - bush and rally car extraordinaire. I had two.

Also lived in bush with my Mini van. Very good for getting unbogged. The sump guards were good at levelling off the hump in the middle of the tracks until the 4WDs later buggered bush tracks by rutting them all.

Modern shopping trolley:

please dont hurt my eyes with pics like that in this thread

my old nugget

pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
10 users like this post:
Old 15-06-2014, 01:48 PM   #166
290GTP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

/\ Stupid, unstable rear wheel drives! Look at it, its all over the shop. Bloody dangerous things i tell you.

Mercury Silver 03 BA GT-P Tremec TR3650 Number 534

Herrod 4 into ones, Manta Exhaust, CAI, K&N Filter, Mellings oil pump, 19" FPV alloys, Bilsteins, Kings, tuned by Autotech, 272rwkw

RIP Fish 15/1/73 - 9/2/19
290GTP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 15-06-2014, 01:49 PM   #167
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
please dont hurt my eyes with pics like that in this thread
Haha sorry
Just dealing with a poster in denial about the other side of things!

I think in those days we all had a lot of respect for all "sides", including your old nugget ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 290GTP View Post
/\ Stupid, unstable rear wheel drives! Look at it, its all over the shop. Bloody dangerous things i tell you.
Hey! Quit winding him up!
3 users like this post:
Old 15-06-2014, 02:22 PM   #168
UberKnee
The One Who Knocks

Quote:
Your experience well that's just it.
Look at history of cars in aus. XK Falcon ? do you remember, not up to aussie conditions it was found and they had to do better.

The first holden if you know the story a lot of testing had to be done and a lot of work went into it to strengthen it from the first 3 that came from the USA.

What do you think ford and holden spent on their testing tracks and why, just go and educate yourself on all that they do and have done.

I drove my wifes Aurion and it does not cut it for me as i would not buy one my self you know because i know it's rubbish for me but for her and others it may be just fine for what they want or do but don't try to push me into having to buy such a garbage type of car, i don't like it at all and i don't want to be force fed crap.

I like my falcons and commodores any day thank you, they are a much better car for all of australia much more than a Aurion and that's not bagging the Aurion it is what it is but it's not up to the falcon commodore as it's just a city car for old people and people who just ponce around and would not know any better. same for all the other FWD junk.

I will look back and say that Australia was something to be proud of and people who achieved.

I don't think a future will be anything to be proud of because of all the backward people leading our nation down the drain, the stupid lazy gutless good for nothings who will never make anything worth talking about.

WERE AUSSIE FORD RUBBISH no not at all as only a total fool would say they were.
Who's forcing you to buy an Aurion? Your points are just al over the place, anyone who doesn't drive a Falcadore is a wimp? Most people rarely go on dirt roads and something like an Aurion handles dirt roads just as well as a Falcadore in this day and age.

[QUOTE=castellan;5125866][QUOTE=Big Damo;5125012]
Quote:

Austrilia has moved backwards mate, how could anyone say that get rid of you car industry is a move forward ?
Holden back in 1948 must of been a backward step for australia then by your statement. but i will say it was a move forward back then.

90% say would not know jack and i am not interested in there opinion really ? and why is that, because it's people like that are backward and don't have a clue worth talking about and with people like that your modern car today would still be a FJ Holden or worse with some communist inspired 2 stroke rubbish, fair dinkum. nothing inspiring about the 90% of clowns from what i can see, just boring backward half wits.

Peter Hannenberger came to aus and was a great man in the industry but to many dopy aussies did not have the brain capacity to understand what RTS was all about and complained that the car did not suit the idiots and fools who could not drive so RTS 2 came about for half wits who could not drive to save themselves were catered for. then came all the bull of air bags ABS etc for the fools.

Your falcon ? something is wrong. my falcon could be pushed as hard as and was fine at 10 tenths on any road without a problem worth talking about.

Most people dont care about cars and what wheels do the driving, that doesnt make them stupid or backwards. Car enthusiasm is a niche thing, where alot of enthusiasts seem to think anyone who doesn't love cars is retarded. That's like horse lovers think anyone who doesn't like/own a horse is retarded for not knowing everything about horses. Or more important to life a doctor thinking anyone who doesn't know everything about the human body is stupid.

A car is just a mode of transport, to which some people have a passion for, its not the measuring stick for intellect.

Last edited by UberKnee; 15-06-2014 at 02:29 PM.
UberKnee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 15-06-2014, 06:04 PM   #169
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

[QUOTE=castellan;5125866][QUOTE=Big Damo;5125012]
Quote:

I didn't say losing our manufacturing industry was a forwards step, I said Australia has moved on from the Falcon.

Everyone is at fault here:

- Customer stopped buying large cars for X reason
- Ford Australia kept making something people didn't want
- Australian government stopped buying Australian made cars at some point.

Those 90% of people who don't know jack, are still the 90% of people buying new cars, us on AFF wouldn't even make up 1% of the people in this country buying cars, just because we have a majority on this forum doesn't mean we have the majority where it matters when money exchanges hands.

Did we really have a manufacturing industry or was it just on loan from multi-national companies? We just had big foreign owned multi-national companies with a local arm, its not like there was an Australian car company.

Thailand is already losing component manufacturers to Indonesia because Indonesia has lower wages, so eventually Thailand will be in the same boat as us and the multi-nationals will move onto the next nation with poor wages.

China is starting to lose out to Vietnam because of wage increases in China, go figure.

Notice we lost the manufacturing part but we kept the engineering side? There is obviously still some sort of value of Australia to these multi-national companies, we just lost the assembly side of it.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2014, 05:30 PM   #170
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No doubt some have had bad experiences with local Fords, my experiences have all been positive. Interesting in my circle of friends some have had great experiences with Euros, some have had bad experiences, some have had great experiences with Japanese vehicles some have had bad.

Would have been good if both Ford, Holden and Toyota were locally owned and could do what they pleased (export, manufacturer different models etc).

I have taken plenty of people from overseas in drives in my Fords (GT, G6ET, Territory) and most have been very impressed - and most have strong backgrounds in manufacturing so they are even more impressed when you talk about build numbers etc.

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
SB076 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2014, 01:22 AM   #171
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I see a lot of people get hung up on "foreign-owned multinationals." There's a point to that, but it's a different one. Would I like to see an Australian owned multi-national controlling a global Auto empire, sure, but the bottom line is about skills and jobs. I'd rather see companies like Toyota and VW saying "Australia is THE place to build cars."
Crazy Dazz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2014, 09:47 AM   #172
superyob
Banned

[QUOTE=UberKnee;5126055]Who's forcing you to buy an Aurion? Your points are just al over the place, anyone who doesn't drive a Falcadore is a wimp? Most people rarely go on dirt roads and something like an Aurion handles dirt roads just as well as a Falcadore in this day and age.

[QUOTE=castellan;5125866]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post

Most people dont care about cars and what wheels do the driving, that doesnt make them stupid or backwards. Car enthusiasm is a niche thing, where alot of enthusiasts seem to think anyone who doesn't love cars is retarded. That's like horse lovers think anyone who doesn't like/own a horse is retarded for not knowing everything about horses. Or more important to life a doctor thinking anyone who doesn't know everything about the human body is stupid.

A car is just a mode of transport, to which some people have a passion for, its not the measuring stick for intellect.
In my best Khazakstan accent; Is good you stick up for the *******!
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2014, 09:49 AM   #173
superyob
Banned

Wow, automatic censorship! I did not realise this was a rude word...
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post