Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 24-10-2021, 11:52 AM   #16351
slowsnake
Banned

Default Re: Covid 19 -

WANTED....DOUBLE VAXXED CITIZENS.....
ALIVE....NOT DEAD!.....

key test
2 users like this post:
Old 24-10-2021, 11:55 AM   #16352
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav View Post
Youse blokes think you have problems working out boundaries and mask-wearing, but think about us poor cousins in Central Queensland.

There has been no change to our local lifestyles thanks to a trigger-happy regime in Brisbane bent on Covid elimination. The only southerners we see, except for those locked here indefinitely because they can't return home, are sports stars, their wives, girlfriends and other hangers-on.

When youse dumb ugly Covid infested heathens start invading us in a few weeks, my bet is we will be in lockdown for Christmas due to one case of Covid in Rocky.

I am in the danger group - I am old and fat - but I still have my stunning good looks. I think my wife keeps me well feed to stop the chicks hitting on me. A failed strategy of course.
is it cause all the woman coming to see that bod of yoose

youll be alright you only go from ya house to the rsl to tha cake shoppe and home

oh right cant wear a mask n eat cake

wont somebody pleeaasee think about the cav's

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
2 users like this post:
Old 24-10-2021, 11:58 AM   #16353
hayseed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav View Post
Youse blokes think you have problems working out boundaries and mask-wearing, but think about us poor cousins in Central Queensland.

There has been no change to our local lifestyles thanks to a trigger-happy regime in Brisbane bent on Covid elimination. The only southerners we see, except for those locked here indefinitely because they can't return home, are sports stars, their wives, girlfriends and other hangers-on.

When youse dumb ugly Covid infested heathens start invading us in a few weeks, my bet is we will be in lockdown for Christmas due to one case of Covid in Rocky.

I am in the danger group - I am old and fat - but I still have my stunning good looks. I think my wife keeps me well feed to stop the chicks hitting on me. A failed strategy of course.

3 users like this post:
Old 24-10-2021, 12:00 PM   #16354
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayseed View Post
im having trouble reading that can ya make it a little larger

edit :~ lol you resized it to fit in the page

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!

Last edited by wodahs; 24-10-2021 at 12:11 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 24-10-2021, 12:14 PM   #16355
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

NSW/VIC

NSW records 296 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 0.9621 (from 0.9791) while the actual line remains above the predictive trend line and is heading downward again.

VIC records 1,935 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 0.9891 (from 1.0247) while the actual line falls well behind the predictive trend.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 24-10-2021, 12:44 PM   #16356
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT October 23rd 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

1,912 new cases for Australia and 11 deaths so the CMR is 1.037%.

105 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.504%.

The UK had 44,985 cases yesterday and 135 deaths for a CMR of 1.597%.

84,514 new cases in the USA yesterday and 1,658 deaths sees CMR at 1.633%.

Other notable points: (weekend reporting)
Global cases pass 244M, the last 1M in 2 days;
Peru passes 200k deaths;

Barbados (297); and
Russia (37,678)

... recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Austria moves above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period and no countries drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 24-10-2021, 01:14 PM   #16357
George V
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Freedom, freedom…

https://www.news.com.au/national/vic...0deb76db07ed0a

Cheers,
George V
3 users like this post:
Old 24-10-2021, 01:37 PM   #16358
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thinking about this Uber driver who has posted many anti-vax posts etc.
You know, the one who couldn't be bothered checking in to establishments so couldn't care less about the repercussions.
He is now infected with Covid and apparently in a bad way in hospital.
Does he get treated with drugs in an attempt to help him recover or does he just take up a bed until he dies?

He doesn't want any drugs to help him not get the disease so I figure he wouldn't want any to help treat it...
3 users like this post:
Old 24-10-2021, 01:39 PM   #16359
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG17 View Post
You know, the one who couldn't be bothered checking in to establishments so couldn't care less about the repercussions.
Does he get treated with drugs in an attempt to help him recover or does he just take up a bed until he dies?

He doesn't want any drugs to help him not get the disease so I figure he wouldn't want any to help treat it...
load him up on horse wormer
This user likes this post:
Old 24-10-2021, 01:42 PM   #16360
cycle myth

There's a lot of similar approaches to this line of thought, such as:

1) Smokers who know the health affects and receive treatment

2) Illegal drug users who take up health and community services from the effects of actions

3) People who fall down stairs despite being told the correct technique to avoid it and receive hospital care

The list could go on..
Old 24-10-2021, 01:52 PM   #16361
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:

Of course he should be treated, and we should further accommodate close family for visiting during his recovery. Leading by positive example would be the right way.
5 users like this post:
Old 24-10-2021, 01:56 PM   #16362
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:

I will never begrudge anyone for help no matter how stupid they are.
Sometimes people learn through charity.
3 users like this post:
Old 24-10-2021, 02:16 PM   #16363
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycle myth View Post
There's a lot of similar approaches to this line of thought, such as:

1) Smokers who know the health affects and receive treatment

2) Illegal drug users who take up health and community services from the effects of actions

3) People who fall down stairs despite being told the correct technique to avoid it and receive hospital care

The list could go on..
4) People who eat fast food boiled in trans-fats then take up vital resources, mainly hospital beds.

5) People who drink alcohol and know the health effects, and use up vital resources, mainly hospital beds.

6) People who drink sugary fizzy drinks and know the health effects, who then take up vital dental and hospital resources, and hospital beds.

7) People who drive petrol or diesel powered vehicles, who wantonly and with full knowledge, destroy the environment, sulphur dioxide being the main culprit, who get sick and take up health resources and hospital beds.

I could go on and on and on, problem is that we all know what we are doing, but do nothing until you or a loved one is taken ill.
Old 24-10-2021, 02:21 PM   #16364
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:

Only because he is/was ignorant, not fully educated, and in pursuit of the "mighty dollar"
Sounds like you may like to give him 3 ounces of lead behind the left ear!
It's stupidity, nothing else, and that damned social media that keeps these folk from following the correct line!

Last edited by slowsnake; 24-10-2021 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Autospell
Old 24-10-2021, 04:33 PM   #16365
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by George V View Post
Freedom, freedom…

https://www.news.com.au/national/vic...0deb76db07ed0a

Cheers,
George V
Would love to buy this patron a beer.

Some of these so called freedom fighters are really showing their true colours. Fancy hassling people trying to enjoy their long awaited dine outs. Take it up with Gov if you have a problem, leave the public alone?

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
2 users like this post:
Old 24-10-2021, 05:37 PM   #16366
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
load him up on horse wormer
and Bleach
2 users like this post:
Old 24-10-2021, 05:49 PM   #16367
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I agree we have to treat him properly; I was more trying to point out the hypocrisy of people such as him.
"I'm not getting vaccinated because I don't really know what's in it but if I get sick shove in whatever you like to help me get better."
3 users like this post:
Old 24-10-2021, 06:01 PM   #16368
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman1 View Post
and Bleach
and fish tank cleaner!!!1!111

straight in the vein
Old 24-10-2021, 06:54 PM   #16369
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a View Post
Watch the whole video and see if you think the same. That “patron” is a piece of dog excrement. Look at the way he turns on an innocent lady near the end, pure filth.

https://youtu.be/WvUqzjIKuKI

This is why people keep saying the media is full of it. Look how they’ve twisted this story to make avi yemini look bad.
If you can watch that and still think avi was the instigator then you have issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
you realy think thats balance when avi and his group go looking to pick a fight , stir things up and then paint the ones theyve p!ssed of as bad
none of that would have even happened it that "pure filth dog excrement avi" wasnt there trying to stir trouble
and you cant tell me she didnt know something was going to go down filling it from the start

3 users like this post:
Old 24-10-2021, 06:55 PM   #16370
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Balance is needed….

yep balance
you realy think thats balance when avi and his group go looking to pick a fight , stir things up and then paint the ones theyve p!ssed of as bad
none of that would have even happened it that "pure filth dog excrement avi" wasnt there trying to stir trouble
and you cant tell me she didnt know something was going to go down filling it from the start
seeing you posted it twice in a row
but your right avi is pure filth dog excrement , trying to stir trouble for a story
cant find a news story make one happen

2 users like this post:
Old 24-10-2021, 07:04 PM   #16371
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Watch the whole video and see if you think the same. That “patron” is a piece of dog excrement. Look at the way he turns on an innocent lady near the end, pure filth.

This is why people keep saying the media is full of it. Look how they’ve twisted this story to make avi yemini look bad.
If you can watch that and still think avi was the instigator then you have issues.

Yeh, I gave it 10 mins of my attention, saw the counter video and the counter counter videos.

Rebel "News", relies on creating outrage to gain subscribers. Walking around with one bad *** looking "security guard" and a camera crew looking for "news"? Agree the patron is not all 100% innocent, but its the first weekend that the public have been able to just enjoy a meal after how long? I'll bet my left nut he wasn't walking around looking to cover how people were celebrating lock downs ending and enjoying their meals. He went around looking for that type of "news" and he got it I suppose.

I found it ironic that it was called out by "news.com.au"

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.

Last edited by T3rminator; 24-10-2021 at 07:13 PM.
3 users like this post:
Old 24-10-2021, 07:28 PM   #16372
leesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
I will never begrudge anyone for help no matter how stupid they are.
Sometimes people learn through charity.
Just to play devil's advocate for a second.. what happens if/when our hospital systems end up saturated like has happened to many countries overseas. Where people who have episodes (that prior to covid were often treated with good outcomes) are unable to be treated, or have treatment delayed until it's too late, because beds are tied up with unvaccinated covid patients? There have been many stories of people dying from a treatable condition because there was nowhere to put them, and the beds were all full with "stupid" people.

If I lose someone to a treatable condition because a bed wasn't available, I'm not sure I'd take it all that well and my finger would probably be pointed right at said stupid people.

2 users like this post:
Old 24-10-2021, 08:00 PM   #16373
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Y
Someone unknown to you abuses you as you walk past, do you just ignore it or go and see what’s going on?
That is exactly what a real journalist would do, walk on. You would have seen it as they were being yelled at being part of the "MSM"

This guy is not a journalist, he is doing what you or I would do. We are not journalists.

3 users like this post:
Old 24-10-2021, 08:08 PM   #16374
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa View Post
Just to play devil's advocate for a second.. what happens if/when our hospital systems end up saturated like has happened to many countries overseas. Where people who have episodes (that prior to covid were often treated with good outcomes) are unable to be treated, or have treatment delayed until it's too late, because beds are tied up with unvaccinated covid patients? There have been many stories of people dying from a treatable condition because there was nowhere to put them, and the beds were all full with "stupid" people.

If I lose someone to a treatable condition because a bed wasn't available, I'm not sure I'd take it all that well and my finger would probably be pointed right at said stupid people.
Leesa, it will be a sad day indeed when a hospital turns away any patient needing help.
End of story.
Old 24-10-2021, 08:30 PM   #16375
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Someone unknown to you abuses you as you walk past, do you just ignore it or go and see what’s going on?
so some one verbal abuses you and you go to incite the situation more and not just once in that clip
as a journo your there to cover the news not be there to make the news
and his security guy is no more than a hired thug using security as an excuse to get physical

the patron didnt go out to them , they went to confront the patron
and if you thing thats ok
That puts you in the same dog excrement class as far as I’m concerned

Old 24-10-2021, 08:38 PM   #16376
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Leesa, it will be a sad day indeed when a hospital turns away any patient needing help.
End of story.
It is actually the start of the story.

Well you need to see then that this is what happens if people do not get vaccinated on-mass. We cannot in just over a year and a half suddenly train up all of the staff required to double or triple the hospital system.

That is what you would have if you got your wish that everyone just does what they want (not what is for the greater good) and bugger the consequences.

So you really should answer Leesa's question, if you got your way, and there was no twisting of people's arms to get vaccinated, no benefits to those who do, when the hospitals are inevitably full, what happens when you have to turn people away?

A - a lottery,
B - first come first served
C - those that made the effort get preference

I don't like any of them that is why I support vaccination. Or have you got another option?

2 users like this post:
Old 24-10-2021, 08:46 PM   #16377
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
End of story.
Already happening. Hospitals stopped elective surgery two weeks ago in case of COVID Armageddon.
People are now suffering while waiting for procedures.
Old 24-10-2021, 09:00 PM   #16378
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post
It is actually the start of the story.

Well you need to see then that this is what happens if people do not get vaccinated on-mass. We cannot in just over a year and a half suddenly train up all of the staff required to double or triple the hospital system.

That is what you would have if you got your wish that everyone just does what they want (not what is for the greater good) and bugger the consequences.

So you really should answer Leesa's question, if you got your way, and there was no twisting of people's arms to get vaccinated, no benefits to those who do, when the hospitals are inevitably full, what happens when you have to turn people away?

A - a lottery,
B - first come first served
C - those that made the effort get preference

I don't like any of them that is why I support vaccination. Or have you got another option?
Governments have had two years to ready the hospitals for Covid patients; I don't see any hospitals atm being overwhelmed in Australia.
We will have to wait and see as to how hospitals handle the situation if they are overwhelmed.
By the way hospital staff will determine who gets preferential treatment as per diagnose unless you want to be in private health cover and that is no guarantee at times.

I will say it again "It will be a sad day when hospitals start refusing treating patients"

Cheers
Old 24-10-2021, 09:03 PM   #16379
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe View Post
Already happening. Hospitals stopped elective surgery two weeks ago in case of COVID Armageddon.
People are now suffering while waiting for procedures.
Actually it has been happening for quite awhile with elective surgery being cancelled as I have experienced this myself 12 months ago.
Elective surgery can be effected at any time for many other reasons so nothing new there.

PS: Not all elective surgery is cancelled; only some atm.
Old 24-10-2021, 09:15 PM   #16380
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
PS: Not all elective surgery is cancelled; only some atm.
yep i go in for mine on thursday stay over night get check up friday and then home for a few weeks
first actual time ive had off of work this whole crisis
and its a dam body part thats getting old which i injured in my late teen years

2 users like this post:
Closed Thread