Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-03-2012, 10:18 PM   #121
Spammy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: VFACTS Feb 2012

All this talk of "people" buying Falcons or "people" deciding if they should buy a EcoLpi etc etc. People don't buy Falcons - Fleets buy falcons.
Spammy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2012, 10:20 PM   #122
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spammy
All this talk of "people" buying Falcons or "people" deciding if they should buy a EcoLpi etc etc. People don't buy Falcons - Fleets buy falcons.
And that's the problem at the moment, fleets aren't buying Falcon.
Ford rocking up with a new car doesn't guarantee sales....
Sometimes, you just have to wait for sales to come back
and sometimes they don't, this is Ford's best chance
so we have to wait and see what happens.

Last edited by jpd80; 06-03-2012 at 10:25 PM.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2012, 10:36 PM   #123
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Fleet buyers are people too!!!
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2012, 10:37 PM   #124
Spammy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Best way to improve Falcon sales is to make the Falcon into a small SUV (maybe front wheel drive) and change to name to something different as well.
Spammy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2012, 10:40 PM   #125
martyk54

Quote:
Best way to improve Falcon sales is to make the Falcon into a small SUV (maybe front wheel drive) and change to name to something different as well.
... add seat warmers, lipstick holders and extra wide padded seats. There you have it, marketed perfectly for the middle aged female who buys them.
martyk54 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2012, 10:43 PM   #126
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I still think we are paying the price for the Burela period which I'm sure wasn't his fault as he was probably doing what he was told to do. Cancelled global V6 for Falcon, no diesel, no XR8, cancelled Falcon wagon, cancelled Focus and Kuga, Territory ball joint debacle and the diasterous 'Ford of course' million dollar ad campaign.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2012, 11:02 PM   #127
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection
Ah, good old Mr never wanting to face reality right on cue as usual............
Well, you have predicted the end of the Falcon as we know it, the end of housing as we know it and the end of the world as we know it. You might get one right one day........... You must be such a cheery bugger.......
Old 06-03-2012, 11:37 PM   #128
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Another large car that took the ultimate leap.

Quote:
Jaguar XF 2.2D drives 1312km on a single tank

A new Jaguar XF 2.2D sedan has just been driven from the company’s headquarters in Birmingham, UK, across to Munich in Germany on a single tank of diesel. This makes it the most fuel efficient Jaguar sedan in the company’s history.

Using its standard 2.2-litre turbo-diesel four-cylinder engine, Jaguar claims the new XF 2.2D was able to cover the journey on one 64-litre tank of diesel. The overall trip was 1312km, which means the big Jag sipped fuel at an average rate of 4.9L/100km.

The XF wasn’t driven by Jaguar either, it was steered by independent test driver, David Madgwick, and his navigator, Alexander Madgwick. After final checks, the XF had its fuel cap sealed at Jaguar’s Castle Bromwich plant and the pair were sent on their way.

It’s not a bad effort, considering the XF 2.2D offers 142kW of power and 450Nm of torque. The Jag is also able to accelerate from 0-100km/h in 8.5 seconds.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:50 PM   #129
Resurrection
I was correct - AGAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs
Well, you have predicted the end of the Falcon as we know it, the end of housing as we know it and the end of the world as we know it. You might get one right one day........... You must be such a cheery bugger.......
Time you moved out of home and faced the real world junior.
Resurrection is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2012, 12:13 AM   #130
prydey
Rob

Ford - i hope you read these boards because you could save a fortune. sack all your own people and then just sign up to AFF and get all the expert advice you'll ever need.

d'oh, couldn't resist posting in this thread any longer. good for laughs though. the same people, the same comments every month.

it won't stop and then falcon will be gone and they'll sit back and slap each other on the back with the 'told you so' looks on their faces.

i wouldn't buy a falcon either if i read this 'ford fan' forum.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2012, 01:15 AM   #131
Buntz
Straight Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthebilda
Toyota local manufacturing may look like it could suffer more pain. Just 1875 camry's and Aurions sold (altho new Aurion due out soon). Thats only 85 cars a day (20 days month) for local consumption. With the rest of production going to export (and probably not profitable with $A), one assumes they are bleeding alot of money at the moment.
I think it's our countries high standards that put off manufacturers. Wages, employee protection... yada yada yada. All good for us of course.

But US dollar is just a tad less than us... but on parity. And they are starting to make more cars there now then in recent years.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:37 AM   #132
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i think its lack of advertisement to that is killing the falcon as well. when was the last falcon add you seen on TV??
flooded one is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2012, 02:04 AM   #133
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
Ford - i hope you read these boards because you could save a fortune. sack all your own people and then just sign up to AFF and get all the expert advice you'll ever need.
Because the intel Ford is getting frankly is not working, they've spent money in areas that is not giving the expected return and
don't forget that the decision on the next car was delayed to see what sales are doing, I think that ship has well and surely sailed.
And if you must know, heads are down at Broadmeadows and Geelong, more bad news is in the pipe for the middle of the year.
Quote:
Hey, you don't have to read these forums to not want a Falcon, there's 80,000 buyers every month who choose something else..
Maybe things have to get really bad at Ford Australia before they become better, it's all the casualties in this I feel for,
all the people who build our nice Falcons and Territorys but see no marketing support and see hidden agenda behind it.

Last edited by jpd80; 07-03-2012 at 02:13 AM.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:15 AM   #134
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
it's all the casualties in this I feel for,
all the people who build our nice Falcons and Territorys but see no marketing support and see hidden agenda behind it.
It is sad for them but if they are smart they will use this time to secure something else. Its not like they will be out of a job all of a sudden. They have a few years to prepare for it.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2012, 03:12 AM   #135
z80
Banned

Quote:
Hey, you don't have to read these forums to not want a Falcon, there's 80,000 buyers every month who choose something else..
Maybe things have to get really bad at Ford Australia before they become better, it's all the casualties in this I feel for,

I reckon you are spot on mate.
z80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2012, 07:07 AM   #136
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:

d'oh, couldn't resist posting in this thread any longer. good for laughs though. the same people, the same comments every month.

it won't stop and then falcon will be gone and they'll sit back and slap each other on the back with the 'told you so' looks on their faces.

treating your fan base as mugs will result in failure!!

pyrdey you like ford, seam to think we cant see the writing on the wall.
as for experts on here, well their are all trade experts from differant backgrounds.

you think people dont notice that all ford ad's are for imported fords not local one's.

tell me how many Lpi ad have been on "TV"??
the only local ford ad i can remember is the terry doing a 1,000k to a tank..

whats the latest faclon/terry ad on TV???

tell me how many barina, captiva, epica.."adverts" did you see from holden?
holden flog the cruze/commodore ads for the oz market..
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2012, 07:39 AM   #137
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

If they had just listened to the forum feedback that could have saved them a few thousand lost sales a year and yes I'm happy to be called an expert on that one. Blind Freddy could see they were loosing customers over poor after sales support and warranty issues.

Oh and I think I am being conservative on lost sales. Given the Ford image out there, I suspect it goes into 5 figures annually in lost sales across the whole Ford range. So yeah maybe they should have listened up a bit.
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2012, 08:43 AM   #138
Nic85
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Another large car that took the ultimate leap.
This is the king of technology that sells cars, and the kind of thing buyers want these days. 1300kms to a tank (of only 64L mind you!) in a big, luxury sedan, that will still do 0-100km/h in 8 seconds and have incredible 70-110km/h overtaking ability is amazing. I'll bet if you got the raw numbers on Jaguars sold, even in Australia, a massive percentage would be this lower end model diesel.

Anyway, I've done the diesel thing to death. Ford wasted (in hindsight, of course) their government grant money on putting EcoLPi to the public, which hasen't taken off (as yet) at a time when LPG prices have gone up 35% in a month to record highs. Why they didn't use that money to put the 2.7L V6 diesel into Falcon I will never know, and I think will go down as one of the biggest missed opportunities in FoA existence.
Nic85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2012, 09:05 AM   #139
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor220
It is sad for them but if they are smart they will use this time to secure something else. Its not like they will be out of a job all of a sudden. They have a few years to prepare for it.
I really hate comments like this.. People think it is so easy to change careers. It is not!! Especially if you have bills & mortgage to pay!!
Old 07-03-2012, 09:07 AM   #140
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
And if you must know, heads are down at Broadmeadows and Geelong, more bad news is in the pipe for the middle of the year.
What else could possible go wrong now?? Those poor workers..
Old 07-03-2012, 09:09 AM   #141
martyk54

Quote:

What a dumb thing to say, seriously. Please point me in the direction of one negative comment regarding the Falcon on this thread. If you interpret negativity towards the company as the car(s) being rubbish, well, you're just as simple as many of the other sheep out there who are swayed by media or popular opinion.

If you think that Ford haven't made organisational mistakes in recent years, you're a fool. Foolish behaviour deserves critique, especially from fans who have shown loyalty to this great brand for a lot of their lives. Ford has had the most important thing going for them for years, a great line-up of cars.. hence they still fail to sell them. Should we applaud them and put it all down to bad luck prydey? Or does the village idiot deserve support no matter what?
martyk54 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2012, 09:34 AM   #142
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:

Ostrich much?

Brown noses and "yes men" are why companies fail.

Fords intel mightnt be flash..but its their management that is to blame. Every new cowboy that struts in makes changes and stuffs years of work. TDi Tez is a prime example.

If your content with Fords efforts then thats ok, perhaps easily pleased, others have a deep passion for the brand and would like to see it not only continue but succeed. The engineering is very very good, everything else is servilely lacking.

Sometimes it takes the closest people to you to speak up and make a difference.

But yes yes, every is fine sir.

With regards to the ECOLPi, perhaps the fleets that where buying them got out of sync when it was not available? brought something else, and are now happy with the downsize or need to wait until their next purchase cycle happens?

Just because Ford release it they are not about to dump their current fleet and swap over instantly.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2012, 09:34 AM   #143
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If they brought out diesel Falcon utes i dont think they would keep up with demand from fleets and private buyers. I think a V6 diesel XR6 ute would be the next chariot for a lot of plumbers, electricians, builders etc... And out here in farming and mining towns I reckon every second bloke would end up buying one.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:36 AM   #144
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
If they brought out diesel Falcon utes i dont think they would keep up with demand from fleets and private buyers. I think a V6 diesel XR6 ute would be the next chariot for a lot of plumbers, electricians, builders etc... And out here in farming and mining towns I reckon every second bloke would end up buying one.
Agreed.

I think many pickup TDi's are based on having a tray and diesel...not the dual cab or ride height.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 07-03-2012, 09:42 AM   #145
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
Agreed.

I think many pickup TDi's are based on having a tray and diesel...not the dual cab or ride height.
I think there are a lot of people who do want dual cabs, it's just that the ute market is now diesel. Most manufacturers don't bother selling petrol utes anymore. Sadly for Holden and Ford too many ute users have now experienced diesel to ever go back to petrol. They need to do what the customer wants.

Yes but diesel is a BIG part of the appeal of dual cabs, otherwise you would see more petrol ones.

Last edited by Brazen; 07-03-2012 at 09:53 AM.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:54 AM   #146
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Falcon could have achieved similar figures to the jag with the 2.7 Ford definitely missed the boat!!
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2012, 11:00 AM   #147
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

World class turbo 6, World class LPI system, World class gearbox, World class V8 and the best quality vehicles to come out of Broadmeadows in the companys history and they still can't give them away. It's not the cars fault, it's a sign of the times, they are a changin...........
A G8E would be good if Ford marketed squarely at Calais V8 owners. They need to bring back the walking fingers like in the initial FG ads, but this time have the fingers crushing Calais' as they walk along, with some relaxing background Led Zeppelin music and Marcos Ambrose in stubbies and singlet driving it.
Gobes32 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2012, 11:18 AM   #148
BHDOGS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobes32
World class turbo 6, World class LPI system, World class gearbox, World class V8 and the best quality vehicles to come out of Broadmeadows in the companys history and they still can't give them away. It's not the cars fault, it's a sign of the times, they are a changin...........
That can't be right? I've read all the threads it's bad management poor advertising no wagon no diesel no gt ho no this and no that all the experts know hahaha
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2012, 11:41 AM   #149
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Ford will not bother spending any money on Falcon bar the mild update in 2014. The decision has been made to can it so forget new engines and all that other stuff, its not going to happen.

Putting a diesel in Falcon would cost tens of millions of dollars, i'm sick of hearing this "its already in Territory so it will go straight into Falcon and cost nothing" crap. Full R&D needs to be done from start to finish, and it has to pass every one of Fords internal tests. All emissions testing needs to be done, full durability testing needs to be done not to mention the work required to fit it into Falcon which does not have the same engine bay as Territory, they have differences.

Its would cost a large slice of the money Ford spent putting diesel in Territory, just a bit cheaper cause some parts could be re-used and they'd know what to expect.
Allan Mullaly has not named the Falcon as part of "One Ford" policy. You're correct in what you say, with the exception that Falcon may be axed at 2014, saving further money in R & D or other expenses.

Great, isn't it! All those people whinging about no diesel in Falcon won't need to whinge any longer. Falcon is a goner.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:21 PM   #150
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHDOGS
That can't be right? I've read all the threads it's bad management poor advertising no wagon no diesel no gt ho no this and no that all the experts know hahaha
What I said before...the engineering is very very good..the rest..well....

It is quite common that the best product, quality wise, is not the best seller nor the most profitable.

You seem quick to oppose anyone with the opinion that Ford should be doing more, but yet offer no possible solution or ideas as to perhaps what might help or change the situation.

No one here knows it all, but we can express educated opinions/ideas if they are within the realms of possibility.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane