Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-12-2008, 10:10 AM   #121
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503
was just on carsales checking!!!!

around 17-22k for bf2 ghia 5.4 v8s with around 45-55kms

private sellers though
Must have been snapped up fairly quick because there no reminance of any BFII Fairmont Ghias with V8s now.
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2008, 10:21 AM   #122
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

I got offered 12g for my XR6 at a car yard last year, hate to know what it'd be worth now as a trade in. 8g maybe?

When it's time to upgrade I think I'll just get a 6T or BA GT/Typhoon and have the XR6 as a daily.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2008, 10:59 AM   #123
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra
Must have been snapped up fairly quick because there no reminance of any BFII Fairmont Ghias with V8s now.
Yeah I found one in WA for $40k :(

Well its all looking good for next year, new car prices coming down, petrol prices coming down. As long as the job sticks then it should be fine..LOL
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2008, 11:29 AM   #124
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobes32
Ford don't like sensitive material like that getting out. If Joe Blow buys an XR6 for 37k and an employee buys it for 12k then Joe will feel ripped off.
Well Ford will have to deal with it in my opinion. I mean they have no problems with their reputation being dirt, since they make no effort to improve Quality Assurance on their product or straighten out their dealer network. So I would argue Ford has little concern for Joe Blow as he sits around waiting for the latest warranty fix on his car and therefore Joe Blow has no reason to be concerned about getting the best price because he is informed about Ford pricing policies.

Dan
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2008, 11:48 AM   #125
Kieron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackersINC
11-12k.
Cheers crackers, i'd be happy enough with that. Now to push the missus on the new XR8
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2008, 11:49 AM   #126
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieron
Just about to put my manual 03 BA XR6/premium with 143,000k's on the market and from what you guys are saying, doesn't even look like i'll get $13K for it.
Mines only got 60000km and i'd be happy if i could get anywhere near that price.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2008, 12:19 PM   #127
nuthin' fancy
Lyminge, Shepway, Kent
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
I deleted what I was going to originally say.... I remember someone telling me "He who argues with an idiot is just as stupid at they are".

Oh.. and Daewoo didn't ever make a convertible...
My apologies, I was thinking of a Daihatsu Copen, that and the SC430 look like they came out of the same butter mould. Just my opinion, take it, leave it, don't get fussed.
nuthin' fancy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2008, 05:19 PM   #128
Ghiadude
FORMERLY TX3DUDE

well these prices are good if your looking to buy
Just found this but it was sold apparently - oh well keep looking

BA GHIA
Ghiadude is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2008, 05:30 PM   #129
prydey
Rob

I'm trying to sell my 03 ba futura wgn at the moment as i've bought a 07 bf2 egas wagon. i've got it advt for $11k but my ad also says 'make an offer over $10k.

going by some of the deals in this thread it may seem hopeful but compared with others on carsales, its one of the cheapest.

what makes things worse is that some sellers are really desparate to sell so they cut their losses a bit just to move it on. if you can afford to wait a little longer, chances are you will still sell it but what you have to weigh up is the extra rego and insurance it is sucking out of you at the same time.

i also get the feeling that most punters aren't prepared to pay the extra couple of grand for a futura over a xt, esp in the wagon market. a lot of families who would normally buy a wagon are also heading down the suv road.

its not helping the local car industry though, as has been shown, this sort of market is already affecting new car sales and pricing.
prydey is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2008, 07:52 PM   #130
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra

I'm pretty sure there is one sitting at westpoint ford in werribee vic. But a bit of a drive for ya. They're asking 38k but thats a bit of a dream for em.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:00 PM   #131
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
I'm trying to sell my 03 ba futura wgn at the moment as i've bought a 07 bf2 egas wagon. i've got it advt for $11k but my ad also says 'make an offer over $10k.

going by some of the deals in this thread it may seem hopeful but compared with others on carsales, its one of the cheapest.

what makes things worse is that some sellers are really desparate to sell so they cut their losses a bit just to move it on. if you can afford to wait a little longer, chances are you will still sell it but what you have to weigh up is the extra rego and insurance it is sucking out of you at the same time.

i also get the feeling that most punters aren't prepared to pay the extra couple of grand for a futura over a xt, esp in the wagon market. a lot of families who would normally buy a wagon are also heading down the suv road.

its not helping the local car industry though, as has been shown, this sort of market is already affecting new car sales and pricing.
i've got my '03 Fairmont advertised for under 10 grand and have had no offers, and i mean, NO offers. Not one bite.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2008, 08:49 PM   #132
snakeoil
Snake Oil

Leasing or CHP a new Ford a residual or payout of roughly %30 to %40 historically has been Ok at around %8 interest

A $40k XR8 costs around $ 700 per month with a final payment of $16k or % 40
I change them over at around 80,000 klm and have never had a problem
maintenance costs are minimal so as a ute used for business only works for me!

Cheers

2015 Mercedes C180 Coupe White/Black
2011 FG GS Ute manual #246 White/Black
2010 Chrysler Sebring limited hardtop Silver/grey
2003 UX Explorer V8 White/grey
2008 Suzuki Bandit GSF 1250 Black
2016 Victory Cross Country Tour Black
2011 Glastron GT 185 (USA made bowrider)White/Black
1988 Komatsu FG10 Forklift
FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria #975
Ullysees Member #18,554
snakeoil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2008, 08:56 PM   #133
Buzz Box
Wheel Wally

Quote:
i've got my '03 Fairmont advertised for under 10 grand and have had no offers, and i mean, NO offers. Not one bite.
Well I can only speak personally but because its a BA.

Me and my partner now are going to look at another car because they are so cheap but I had a BA and the brakes OMG the brakes!!!

So now we won't go any later than a BF even if you gave me the BA I wouldn't want it. But thats just PERSONALLY.....
Buzz Box is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2008, 09:15 PM   #134
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz Box
Well I can only speak personally but because its a BA.

Me and my partner now are going to look at another car because they are so cheap but I had a BA and the brakes OMG the brakes!!!

So now we won't go any later than a BF even if you gave me the BA I wouldn't want it. But thats just PERSONALLY.....
the brakes are fine on this.. i've owned 4 BA/BF's and this one (for a 4 speeder) is the smoothest, most reliable one i've had..

you're saying you won't touch a BA because they have the tendency to warp the brakes ?? That's an odd reason not to buy something.. Simple fix is a decent set of RDA/DBA's and you're laughing!

I find it odd that you're suggesting BA's have bad resale because of a brake issue
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2008, 09:30 PM   #135
all4ford
XW 351

Quote:
try the for sale section chief.. also 'rapid' is yellow not blue
Thanks Bud, haha I have no idea what the colour is called then.
all4ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2008, 11:11 PM   #136
StAndArdAU
Back in a Blue Oval

mmmm so i wonder how many bites i'll get for my 99 Au Forte Petrol @ $5500 ??

i am going to advertise it locally as the "Perfect First Car" hehe. Nothing wrong with it though. But if i can chuck $5k more on top of that and get a BA/F i'll be laughing.
Old 10-12-2008, 11:25 PM   #137
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Mate got offered $12,000.00 for his 04 BA XR8 Auto sedan, 60,000ks , premium sound, leather in supurb nick. Another mate has an 06 XR6 ute 46,000ks, not a mark on it, got offered $14,000 as a trade on a new FG XR6 ute. He near fainted. In todays paper up here 2006 BF Falcon , 60,000ks $11,000 or near offer........... !!!!!
Old 11-12-2008, 12:57 AM   #138
Kieron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just got offered $12.5 K ('03 XR6 manual with 143K) on a second hand manual FG XR6T with 14,000k's @ $38999.
Trouble is, i'm firm on a XR8 now and the cheapest XR8 they had was a demo for $45K with, auto, premium, leather, tech pack, tint, tow bar etc
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2008, 02:57 AM   #139
Ricks_Xr6t
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
I am looking to buy a couple of new cars and as large cars seem to be good value I was looking at BAs. I found a nice Ghia with 40k on it for $15k and nearly grabbed it until I wandered into the Nambour Ford shop.

2007 BF2 XT for $16k, Futura for $17k and XR6 for $21k all with 25-40km. Wot tha?

Obviiously they are ex rentals or whatever but how crap is the resale on B series?

At those prices I think I will give the Z a holiday and drive a BF2 for a while.
Dont mean to be rude mate but what in god's name made you purchase a 350Z???they are'nt all that fast for the kw's (206???) and they make the R35 look like mona lisa....in other words yes they are ugly sin
Ricks_Xr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2008, 05:31 AM   #140
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricks_Xr6t
Dont mean to be rude mate but what in god's name made you purchase a 350Z???they are'nt all that fast for the kw's (206???) and they make the R35 look like mona lisa....in other words yes they are ugly sin
Hopefully you are not a diplomat, as your diplomacy skills are clearly lacking.......
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2008, 07:31 AM   #141
prydey
Rob

Quote:
that doesn't mean its not worth more than that. it just means people aren't spending at the moment. if you are desparate to sell its bad luck but if you can afford to wait it out a bit and hope things pick up a bit then you might get what you want.

also even though yours is a fairmont, it is a different market. people only buy wagons because they need to.

also regarding ba brakes. i can't for the life of me understand what so many on this forum are on about. i've driven a few and coming from a ef before mine, i think they are fantastic. first few drives i nearly put myself through the windscreen.

if its solely a shudder thing, which i'm yet to have on mine, then i'm sorry to tell you thats not unique to ford.

like crackers says, if people stay away from a particular model over something as minute as brake shudder then they are really missing out on a fantastic car.
prydey is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2008, 07:56 AM   #142
cob115
COUPE WHORE

ouch lots of losses on new cars for sale ,i bought a new fairlain in 1996 for $45k sold it last year for 6k not to bad but bad enuff to put me of buying new cars,i cant see new or nere new car sale prices can do any thing other than keep going down,wait till china starts selling crap here .il keep driveing my 30plus year old ford cobra and smile

1974 Malvern Star Dragstar pushbike mods; bald back tyre, big sissy bar, speckled paint job and buckled front wheel
cob115 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2008, 11:16 AM   #143
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricks_Xr6t
Well lets see.

It is 230kw not 206 but only weighs 1480kg.
It is about as quick as a GT (man 14.2, auto 13.8 according to magazine tests) and will go from 200km/h to 250km/h a LOT quicker than my GT-P or F6 ever did (not that I can do that so much now, bloody NT labor).
It gets 800km per tank of fuel which helps as lot on long trips.
At 22,000 km I have still not had a single even minor problem, warranty or otherwise, something I could not say about my previous F6s, GT-P & Ghia.
When I bought it they were about 60% resale after 5 years although now they are only about 45%, again, not what my F6/GT-P/Ghia retained.
As far as ugly, opinions differ and it seems most differ from yours.

That said, I bought it as an "interim car" because the FG F6 was not available at the time which is actually why I bought my first F6 (because the BF GTHO was going to arrive soon) and in both cases I was very surprised as both were FAR better than I had been led to believe by "experts".
It is just my work car, I will drive it until about 80-100k and then replace it with something else like I have been doing for that last 20 years.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2008, 11:23 AM   #144
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dad is heading out to the car dealerships to get his car serviced, theres about 5 or 6 car dealers not including Mazda in walking distance from each other, i'm going to heck out all the car dealershiops to see if they have anything decent ready for next year ;)

This "global financial crysis" is really making things look up forthe first car buyer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2008, 12:06 PM   #145
Stelth
Starter Motor

Wink

Ok, you guys seem to know alot about the cost of whats going around, I was just hoping for a little advise.
I want to do up an older Ford, I'm old young so I can't afford the classics, but I've found this one on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Rare-Limited-...1%7C240%3A1318 and I've got a mate who can help me with a rebuild so I'm not to worried about the km's, but would it be a good car to do up the engine on for a budget. Well I'm just gonna spend $1500 on a rebuilt and a bigger CAM.
I have a cheap 4 cylinder car I drive to work but I want a car that sounds tough for the weekends.
I'd be happy fo any advise.
Cheers.
Stelth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2008, 01:30 PM   #146
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stelth
Ok, you guys seem to know alot about the cost of whats going around, I was just hoping for a little advise.
I want to do up an older Ford, I'm old young so I can't afford the classics, but I've found this one on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Rare-Limited-...1%7C240%3A1318 and I've got a mate who can help me with a rebuild so I'm not to worried about the km's, but would it be a good car to do up the engine on for a budget. Well I'm just gonna spend $1500 on a rebuilt and a bigger CAM.
I have a cheap 4 cylinder car I drive to work but I want a car that sounds tough for the weekends.
Cheers.
Save your money for a real classic, get a XL-XP for that money. E series generally turn into money pits about now.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2008, 02:16 PM   #147
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stelth
Cheers.
He never mentions why the car has a class 4 towbar and electric brakes. Good chance it's spent time hauling something heavy around.....
cs123 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2008, 03:18 PM   #148
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs
Mate got offered $12,000.00 for his 04 BA XR8 Auto sedan, 60,000ks , premium sound, leather in supurb nick. !
I think I'm going to be sick. $12k? That is terrible. Obviously the dealer does not want the car in their yard.
Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2008, 03:33 PM   #149
Creampuff
149 rwkw of Style

i read that if it was black, you would only get $10k.....hahaha
Old 11-12-2008, 04:42 PM   #150
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Boss260
I think I'm going to be sick. $12k? That is terrible. Obviously the dealer does not want the car in their yard.
Half a dozen Ford dealers wouldn't offer me a dime for my XR8 6 months ago, partly the reason that I'm currently driving a VW.

The basis behind that was they couldn't sell the V8's they already had in their yard so they didn't want another one.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post