Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 14-03-2014, 12:49 AM   #121
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Default Re: Malaysian Airways Flight 370

Explains everything including the mobile phones ringing

cheap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 14-03-2014, 12:51 AM   #122
nstg8a

Now they're denying there's info saying the engines ran for another four hours lol.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2014, 01:11 AM   #123
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
When the possible destinations, based on fuel load, were first bandied about there was reference to reaching the Korean Peninsula.
If you take a look at the region on Google Earth, it would appear that a plane capable of doing KL to north Korea could reach the Iranian border.
They are now saying it flew long enough to have reached Pakistan, what neighbours Pakistan....Where did the stolen passport travellers come from...
With 8 hours worth of fuel it could go as far west as Somalia. I could think of some undesirables in that part of the world who would want a big plane with hostages they could crash into something significant.

But, its all crap, it most likely suffered the fuselage failure as forewarned by the FAA in November which would have crapped out its satcoms, caused cabin decompression and they all would have passed out from hypoxia. It just carried on using autopilot until it ran out of juice.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 14-03-2014, 01:14 AM   #124
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

This user likes this post:
Old 14-03-2014, 10:41 AM   #125
XBROO
Obsessed with wheels

On channel 7 last night there was an Aussie bloke saying it flew over him at low altitude. Do any of you reckon there's any truth in these people coming forward or a they just after money for their stories.
XBROO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2014, 11:15 AM   #126
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

The missing plane B77-200ER carrying a full fuel load has a huge range, up to 14,305 Km's !

Here is a radius of only 9,000km's from KL, assume the plane wasn't fully fueled and if the plane did continue to fly, then it could potentially be anywhere within the green area.

9000K Radius KL.jpg
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2014, 11:31 AM   #127
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post
Now 'Malaysian Authorities' are dissing the WSJ report that the plane ran for 4 hours after contact loss; that the Chinese satellite images were "wrong" and showed no wreckage; and that Malaysian Police have not searched the pilot's house.

Hrrm.
Which still leads me to believe Malaysia knows what happened and where the plane is, they are covering it up to save themselves.

I read this morning they said the plane just vanished.

Planes don't just vanish, you cannot just lose something of that size. Especially if Rolls Royce and Boeing are still gathering data from all their planes and engines.
Old 14-03-2014, 12:33 PM   #128
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_Axe View Post
Which still leads me to believe Malaysia knows what happened and where the plane is, they are covering it up to save themselves.

I read this morning they said the plane just vanished.

Planes don't just vanish, you cannot just lose something of that size. Especially if Rolls Royce and Boeing are still gathering data from all their planes and engines.
Now these schmucks are saying the airplane "could have" continued to fly but not "for 4 hours"

WTF, someone needs to take search command and control off these guys and give it to someone with half a clue, they couldn't organise a bunfight in a bakery

Old 14-03-2014, 12:44 PM   #129
Rangas GTP

I can find my phone with an app and they can't find a plane? Maybe they should make an app!
Rangas GTP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-03-2014, 01:32 PM   #130
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

The media will just try and make stuff up for clickbait and traffic generating, I wouldn't believe anything I read on the internet about this crash, or anything that said the Malaysians said this etc. etc. Half of them will just be making stuff up
Old 14-03-2014, 01:46 PM   #131
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

I think there should be sanctions placed on Malaysia Airlines to minimise what flights they can operate in the interim until they cough up correct info.
Old 14-03-2014, 01:51 PM   #132
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Guys, I think you are being a little harsh on the Malaysians. Don't forget that as the aircraft involved in this incident was manufactured by an American based company, the NTSB are also (and I suspect relatively heavily) involved in the process of identifying what happened to flight MH370. And the NTSB are probably the best at this type of activity.

Don't forget that it took the authorities around the 5 day mark to find debris from the Air France flight 447 accident. And I'm sure they didn't have some nearby countries offering to use (dubious?) satellites to 'assist' them in finding wreckage.

I do agree, however, that on the surface (ie what you and I are privy to) it doesn't look like it is being managed well, but then that area of Asia doesn't quite have the same level of technology that western countries have at their disposal to help find this aircraft.

Unfortunately, I think the longer this goes on, the more likely there are going to be red herrings, and the media can be mostly held to blame for those.

Craig H

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 14-03-2014, 03:45 PM   #133
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychobimbo View Post
I do agree, however, that on the surface (ie what you and I are privy to) it doesn't look like it is being managed well, but then that area of Asia doesn't quite have the same level of technology that western countries have at their disposal to help find this aircraft.
I don't think any of these eastern countries want to expose what level of technology and resources they do have. Actually, that goes for any country. It would be easier for us to accept incompetence than exposure to technology that undermines our perception of freedom and way of life.

It will be found in time, but not because some country or organisation has shown their hand. Someone knows what's happened. Just keep dropping theories that get investigated to the point where it turns something up.

This is an intriguing event, but I feel so deeply for those affected by the disappearance and waiting on the news of loved ones and friends.
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2014, 04:30 PM   #134
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Well, it looks like the US has had enough and they are starting their own search in the Indian ocean.

Old 14-03-2014, 06:14 PM   #135
CJR09
RPO 77

i read a post 2-3 days ago saying one of the last pings had come 5-600 nm west/swest of penang - heading out towards Indian ocean - would not be surprised to hear wreckage is found out there - hijacking then ditching/out of fuel

Q: If you have tried to sell it three times now and it is still not sold, do you think it might be over-priced?

A: It is over priced - just like all the other falcon coupes for sale!!

CJR09 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2014, 07:06 PM   #136
Falcman0o7
Banned

70% of me believes it is in the sea sitting on the bottom in one peice.( hudson river a jet stayed in one peice )
The other 30% of me believes it has been stolen and parked some where to be packed with a nuke ( or just by itself ) and flown into a city somewhere using the Passengers as a guarantee to stay in the air and accomplish there sick mission.
The engines transmit data for hours after contact is lost? Were the tracking devices deactivated to prevent location?
Maybe the passengers are safe and well while the sick buggers prepare for their plans.
Falcman0o7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2014, 07:18 PM   #137
FPVS3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post
The missing plane B77-200ER carrying a full fuel load has a huge range, up to 14,305 Km's !

Here is a radius of only 9,000km's from KL, assume the plane wasn't fully fueled and if the plane did continue to fly, then it could potentially be anywhere within the green area.

Attachment 82003
It wouldn't have a full fuel load though just popping up to PEK.
FPVS3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2014, 07:22 PM   #138
FPVS3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
With 8 hours worth of fuel it could go as far west as Somalia. I could think of some undesirables in that part of the world who would want a big plane with hostages they could crash into something significant.

But, its all crap, it most likely suffered the fuselage failure as forewarned by the FAA in November which would have crapped out its satcoms, caused cabin decompression and they all would have passed out from hypoxia. It just carried on using autopilot until it ran out of juice.
Apparently the AD (Airworthiness Directive) was aimed at aircraft with a certain antenna fitted that could lead to a localised fuselage skin failure. This aircraft didn't have that antenna fitted.
Old 14-03-2014, 07:47 PM   #139
FPVS3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Its amazing what information you can dig up purely from an internet search.

Apparently Malaysia Airlines got defensive and ****** when they were accused of under-fueling MH370 causing it to crash - they've responded and said the aircraft had enough fuel on board to support 8 hours of flight.
If both engines quit due to fuel starvation the Ram Air Turbine would deploy and provide hydraulic power for flight controls and basic electrical power. The pilots if they weren't being interfered with could get out Mayday calls. They'd be gliding for 15 mins or so.
2011 FG GTP 335 S/C. Auto, tiptronic. iPV ceramic headers, stainless hi flow cats and big bore, BMC filter, X3 tune, DBA T3 rotors, Roadhouse Performance pads. From Herrod; 100lb injectors, hi flow pump, Aeroflow fuel regulator, air to water intercooler, hi boost pulley kit, JLT breather. Hub dynoed at 598fwkw, 498rwkw, 959Nm torque, boost 10.62psi at 3750rpm (warm day). All done by iPV!
Other rides; '21 Jaguar F-Pace, '21 Ford Ranger FX4-MAX.
Old 14-03-2014, 07:54 PM   #140
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVS3 View Post
Apparently the AD (Airworthiness Directive) was aimed at aircraft with a certain antenna fitted that could lead to a localised fuselage skin failure. This aircraft didn't have that antenna fitted.
Yep, found that out just now.

The plot thickens. If it is true that the aircraft ended up in the Indian ocean, then the decompression-autopilot-hypoxia-crash theory becomes null and void.

Notice also how Malaysian and Chinese spokespersons and authorities have now gone rather silent since the US announced it was re-tasking a warship and patrol plane to the area.

Old 14-03-2014, 08:00 PM   #141
sixman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post

Attachment 82003
Yeah, but if it only flew for another 4 hours that area becomes much smaller
Rear tyres: Toyo R888 265-30-19
3.5inch custom exhaust with imitation stock tip, PW Stage 2 cooler (black), ID 1000, XCAL3, Plazmaman intake, Herrod Spark Booster
BorgWarner EFR 9174
Autotech 420rwkw
sixman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2014, 08:00 PM   #142
FPVS3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yep, found that out just now.

The plot thickens. If it is true that the aircraft ended up in the Indian ocean, then the decompression-autopilot-hypoxia-crash theory becomes null and void.

Notice also how Malaysian and Chinese spokespersons and authorities have now gone rather silent since the US announced it was re-tasking a warship and patrol plane to the area.
Yup, hope they find it and get those recorders.
2011 FG GTP 335 S/C. Auto, tiptronic. iPV ceramic headers, stainless hi flow cats and big bore, BMC filter, X3 tune, DBA T3 rotors, Roadhouse Performance pads. From Herrod; 100lb injectors, hi flow pump, Aeroflow fuel regulator, air to water intercooler, hi boost pulley kit, JLT breather. Hub dynoed at 598fwkw, 498rwkw, 959Nm torque, boost 10.62psi at 3750rpm (warm day). All done by iPV!
Other rides; '21 Jaguar F-Pace, '21 Ford Ranger FX4-MAX.
Old 14-03-2014, 09:23 PM   #143
GASWAGON
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Strange.....And if a terrorist attack WHY would it be a Malaysian plane???

I thought the stuff going on in Ukraine/Russia was leading the headlines???
GASWAGON is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2014, 10:00 PM   #144
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF_6 View Post

Easy target. Malaysia are a very peaceful nation. As for the situation in Ukraine... Wonder why the Yanks only Deployed one Destroyer?
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2014, 10:02 PM   #145
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF_6 View Post

Maybe Malaysian airlines is a softer target than other western ones.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2014, 10:02 PM   #146
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_Axe View Post
I think there should be sanctions placed on Malaysia Airlines to minimise what flights they can operate in the interim until they cough up correct info.
In one of the many sites I have read about this there was a reference that MA will be restricted in their operations starting with Europe.

Don't blame em. This has become an absolute embarrassing joke.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2014, 10:35 PM   #147
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ltd, what's your take on this as of today?

One thing I'm sure of, I won't fly MAS after this incident. The Malaysian government's attempt to save face and it's hierarchy/chain of command has made them look like complete fools.

I guess my favourite saying "If it ain't a Boeing I ain't going" will need to be tested to determine whether it was aircraft failure or pilot error.
Old 14-03-2014, 10:38 PM   #148
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
In one of the many sites I have read about this there was a reference that MA will be restricted in their operations starting with Europe.

Don't blame em. This has become an absolute embarrassing joke.
Yeah but does the problem lie with MH, or is it the Malaysian Government and military?

Because in my eyes MH is a very respectable carrier, one with whom I have flown, and one with which I would have no problem in flying again despite what has happened to 370.

I mean we are not talking about an Indonesian budget carrier and a missing 737-200.. Something unfortunate has happened, and I'm not entirely sure that when we find out what happened that the blame will lie with MH...
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2014, 11:54 PM   #149
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

This is what they reckon the aircraft has done

Old 15-03-2014, 02:19 AM   #150
bungarra

Quote:
This is what they reckon the aircraft has done

Intersting how the first of the unusual tracks heads straight for Aceh in Indonesia. Very devout Islamic area and was once fighting a seperatist battle against Indonesian control. It also has a number of Indonesian air bases.
bungarra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post