Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 10-03-2005, 03:48 PM   #121
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFFalcon
all this discussion is making me wanna go and buy it :(
i don't know what to do!
Same with me, I really want it now, but I need a few other things first and Money just isnt flowing in that fast.

Whats the go on these Slim PS2 overheating and/or laser burnout?
M14A-Mclaren is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2005, 03:54 PM   #122
MR_SIDO
you'd be popular too.....

Just picked up my copy at lunch, had a quick go, I transferred my 100,000 credits from GT3 and bought myself a Typhoon. Only problem is I went too hard on the engine mods and didnt have enough cash for suspension. :

Have you ever tried driving a 600+ KW vehicle on standard suspension around tight corners? :

Oh well at least in the sunday cup I could give them a five minute headstart and still beat them by 2 laps. :hihi:
Old 10-03-2005, 04:00 PM   #123
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry_v
so.. I guess its not coming to PC?

they never have and never will come to PC
Old 10-03-2005, 04:03 PM   #124
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

hrmm wonder if one of those USB flash drives would work with my ps2.. might have to look into that rather then a memoery card

any ideas if tis easy to do ?

Chris
Old 10-03-2005, 05:08 PM   #125
plee

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordel
they never have and never will come to PC
shame really, as I can't warrant buying a PS2 for one game.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:42 PM   #126
Pilch
X-Series Club Moderator

Quote:
hrmm wonder if one of those USB flash drives would work with my ps2.. might have to look into that rather then a memoery card

Chris
If you read through all posts in this thread you'll find alot of people tried and failed with USB drives. Let me know it you get it to work though :togo:
Pilch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2005, 06:02 PM   #127
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Well it's finally out, good to see a couple of people have it, unfortunatly I gotta wait until the weekend until I get mine :(. One question for the people that bought it, when u do a burnout can you fill up the screen with smoke or is it the same as GT3?
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH
needfordspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2005, 06:11 PM   #128
SWOOP
XRSVO

swapped my xbox for ps2 getting my copie tomoz I cant wait!!!!!! , a F6 or GT and THE GREEN HELL OMG thats heaven

Ps. anyone up for LAN racing round the ring
SWOOP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2005, 06:39 PM   #129
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
haha...guys you have no choice..this will be the greatest racing game in history!...lol

im serious :/
Had a quick run with it today. Meh, feels too much like GT3 for my liking. Project Gotham Racing 2 does it for me more than this for an arcader, and I suspect that Forza will also. If it had online I might have picked it up but racing braindead AI doesn't float my boat.

Those who have it, enjoy!
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2005, 07:29 PM   #130
HOON69
Banned

i was the first one in my area to grab it was down at the shops at 8.30am and grabbed it from bigW for $78 lady said she'd thought there'd be heaps lining up but didnt happen ;)
have to say its better graphics etc handling way different cars WHOA YEAH!
and overall though im still 50/50 about it,have to see how i go when i start getting through it some more i reckon..

im just happy i got 2 stickers with it LOL

"i've got 700 other cars" classic :P
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2005, 08:27 PM   #131
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrose_1
Same with me, I really want it now, but I need a few other things first and Money just isnt flowing in that fast.
Just go to EB games. I think they have the PS2/GT4 pack for $280. ****ing cheap as.

Quote:
If it had online I might have picked it up but racing braindead AI doesn't float my boat.
True, but it's a driving simulator, not a racing simulator.

Anyone know how to change it from mph-kmh?
smoo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2005, 08:30 PM   #132
Cheahman
BOSS 260

How do i transfer stuff over from GT3? such as money. do i have to have gt3 finished?

BA XR8
EB XR8
Cheahman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2005, 09:15 PM   #133
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

change the mph-kph in the options menu down the bottom under UNITS

transfer credits from GT3 goto the "home" and then game status and press start

chris
Old 10-03-2005, 09:23 PM   #134
EFFalcon
Last warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFFalcon
all this discussion is making me wanna go and buy it :(
i don't know what to do!
Well i went and purchased it today :P
its awesome... been playing it all day! got a few cars, can't afford the F6 n stuff yet (never had GT3) but my 2.5ltr TT Soarer's getting damn quick ;)
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2005, 10:50 PM   #135
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Haven't stopped playing it!

I didn't muck around, got 100,000 bucks from GT3, got a Phantom GT, slapped an exhaust on, some BBS rims, took it for a few races then whacked the blower, bigger brakes and chip on. I think some gear box work is next, it's a bit of a pig in the lower gears. NA tunes and suspension after that.

Only thing I've really found is there's way more understeer than GT3, which is probably a good thing, but it's taking a bit of getting used to braking earlier.

Let's hope the Model T takes NOS! BWA HAHAHAHA
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2005, 10:55 PM   #136
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Oh I pre-ordered it for $84.95 last week, rocked up to get it today and they gave me a free hat and "I have 700 other cars" sticker.

Have to slap that on the work car me thinks.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2005, 11:17 PM   #137
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

anyone know if you can turn the headlights on??

Going through some of the tunnels etc i cant see...
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2005, 11:18 PM   #138
Venomous
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hey guys good to see ur enjoying it, yes well i went into work today and before i started i thought id have a look in the games shop, and yay they had it hooked up to a ps2. went strait and got the typhoon and gave it a bit of a drive. Seems ok, car graphics didnt appear too good? although the wat do ya call it landscape looked good. I dont have 80 bucks atm to spend on a game but when i do i may consider buying it
Venomous is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2005, 12:36 AM   #139
Aeron
DJR Fan

Here is a bigger one. I made it using less frames so its not as smooth...
EC 1:51.283
WP 1:10.190

Me Drifting on the Skid Pan **Video**
Aeron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2005, 12:38 AM   #140
RspecAU
BA GT-P Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrose_1
Whats so good about them? Cause I'm just considering waiting for PS3 then buy it rather than get a PS2 and have it outdated in a year or so. Plus my mate said he's probably getting one so I'll just play it on his, lol.
Sorry this reply took so long but the new processors are as big as the plastic head thumb tacks and run at 4Ghz. This should make the PS3 super quick in loading times. I will look into these processors and let u know more about them.
ON MAXXIS MAV1's 275/45/17 13.27 @ 106mph
RspecAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2005, 01:38 AM   #141
zetec
Zoom Zoom

More chance of Ford using the LS2 than it coming to PC....

I just bought a new memory card for $29 incl postage off ebay, genuine item. Schweeeet.

Now I just need the game!
Old 11-03-2005, 06:35 AM   #142
FoxMulder

Quote:

Chris
If you do a google search, only a few types of flash drive work with the ps2. not to mention that they are only usable at the moment to save the pictures from the photo mode, so you can transfer them to the PC, to print out, use as a background, etc.

To save games you have to use a ps2 compatible memory card just like everyone else.

To see what usb drives people have tested with, check out This link.

To get more memory for the ps2, I recommend that you try getting a memory card expander, to either double, treble, or quadruple a single memory card's storage.
FoxMulder is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2005, 10:07 AM   #143
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

M3 CSL on the Nurburgring. Bliss..........

Last edited by Dave_au; 11-03-2005 at 11:51 AM.
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2005, 10:12 AM   #144
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

Yeah i am using a memory card just like everyone else .. just thought i would ask to see if anyone had done it i jsut went and and bought another card

yes i love that car on that track !...

Chris
Old 11-03-2005, 11:21 AM   #145
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Wouldn't believe it. I was ready to go down and get my copy when I realised I'd left my receipt at home which says that I've pre-ordered it. Fuggin hell.

Gotta wait til tomorrow now.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:49 PM   #146
Ferris

God damn it. You guys... After all this talk of GT4 I *HAD* to go to EB thursday afternoon, trade in my old PS2 and purchase the slimline PS2 and GT4. MY FOCUS IS IN THERE, WOOT!

So much fun. Steering wheel is most definitely recommended, considering all the braking, steering and accelerating forces are more sensitive to driver input nowadays.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2005, 12:50 PM   #147
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

Yes its good that the ST is there hey, but do you notice that and the RS are in the USA section not the UK one which is stupid..

No fords in the UK section at all even !

Chris
Old 11-03-2005, 01:03 PM   #148
Ferris

Anyone noticed that since the aim is really to do your cars up, the stock suspension is a little soft, forcing you to buy the sports/semi racing stuff? I know my Focus doesn't dip as hard under brakes as the GT4 ST...

All in all though, fantastic, they even have the HP curves pretty close to the real deal. I'm basing my assumptions of the game upon my comparison of MY car on the GT4 car. If they're as good for the ST, I'll assume its the same for every other car.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2005, 01:38 PM   #149
Danny
GT4.

Ok, I played it last night at a mates house. Its a good game, but i'm not as impressed as the hype suggested I would be.

First car I used was the F6. Gran Turismo has always been lacking in the realistic engine noise department which i figured would be remedied by GT4. Now I've been playing NFS Underground for a long while and am impressed with the engine sounds and how they sound exactly like their real life counterparts.
I figured something with the reputation of the GT Franchise (not to mention 4 years in the making), would at least have bettered NFS, or improved on the last three games at least!. Alas, no. The F6 (and the monaro for that matter) Sounded nothing like their real life counterparts, and in fact, the F6 sounds like they've used one of the cars from the first game to source the sound (though I cant pinpoint which one) like theyve slapped it together as an afterthought!

The whine doesnt stop there. I noticed on the tracks I used (Particularly the test track and laguna seca) That the landscapes looked quite barron and boring as compared to something like say, V8 supercars 2 on the XBOX (Where laguna seca at sunset looks just beautiful!). I saw a lot of grass, and concrete texture squares that just keep repeating themselves as you drove past and reminding me of one of those old windows 3.1 backgrounds with the small texture square and you click "tile" so it tiles it over the whole screen. The grass looks flat and there is no vegetation on it just like last three games.

Also, its still too hard to do a nice burnout with heaps of smoke....

The menu Music is awful, That crappy monotonous babyish Jazz music began to do me and my mates head in within 10 minutes, Maybe just turn the menu theme down, its crap. :

Other than those three gripes, watching your first race is awesome! The cars lean on their suspensions as the weight shifts, and you view bobs up and down as you let off the accelerator and on to the brakes. The detail with the races is unbeleiveable, the pit crews and such are an awesome touch.

No gripes on the cars, theyre all pretty lovingly crafted, and you can see how long has been spent on each one. Getting a bit sick of NSX's and Daihatsus but even they're looking top notch on this game. The FPV's and the holdens!!! : good to see some homegrown power.

The menu's have been improved on the last three games. No more to and froing and bullshitting around the shop taking ages to go from home to a car manufacturer. Everything is nearby, and thats great! Also very impressed by the fact that FOR ONCE, we can now see how much power and torque a car has in kW and Nm, rather than this PS, BHP, And kg/feet crap that was all bloody Suahili to me. Praise the lord.

: In closing I wish I could say that I'd buy a playstation 2 just to get GT4, But although its bloody awesome graphics and car selection wise, The gameplay feels just too much like the old three games, albeit with souped up graphics and some better touches. Looks great, but not the quantum leap I expected, what with 4 years in the making and all and Ive been there done that with the first three GT's.

Thank you for listening
-Dan.....

Last edited by Danny; 11-03-2005 at 01:42 PM.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2005, 04:39 PM   #150
MR_SIDO
you'd be popular too.....

Hey guys, Check out www.granturismoworld.com for your chance to win Nissan 350Z

Step 1 - Select Time Trial in the Arcade mode.

Step 2 - Choose the Nürburgring from World Circuits.

Step 3 - Select the Nissan 350Z Gran Turismo 4 Limited Edition (Z33) 05 from the Car Selection Menu.

Step 4 - Race against the clock and when you are happy with your fastest lap time press the START button and select EXIT to end the session, go to the Main Menu and save this time to your memory card.

Step 5 - To view your fastest lap times go to the Nürburgring circuit and check out the Ranking Screen.

Step 6 - Press the START button on the lap that corresponds to your fastest time for driving the Nissan 350Z. Your unique 32 digit PASSCODE will then be displayed. Each PASSCODE is split into four blocks of eight digits, so be sure to note them down carefully.

Step 7 - Use your 32 digit code to register your time.

Step 8 - The top 16 fastest participants will be asked to verify their times by sending their memory card to Sony Computer Entertainment Ireland .

Step 9 - Once verified, the 16 fastest participants will be invited to the Irish GT4 Challenge to compete for the Nissan Limited Edition 350Z plus the opportunity to represent Ireland at the European GT4 Final which will take place at a top motor racing event this summer.