Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-08-2012, 12:21 PM   #121
FPV+fteT3
Performance Inc.

Default Re: Ford Performance Vehicles (FPV) has today launched a new look limited edition Ute.

If I recall correctly the BEST selling performance utes were the Super Pursuit you know the ones with the GTP seats Brembo Brakes and same motor and equipment levels as GTP so here's a thought why not build what sold in the largest numbers and what obviously buyers want.

FPV Super Pursuit Build no 0080/91
Lotus Exige S/C S240

Kart Hasse Chassis 100J Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Rental cars, the equipment of choice to get to destinations where 4WDs fear to drive......
FPV+fteT3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2012, 12:36 PM   #122
BENSFPV

Default Re: Ford Performance Vehicles (FPV) has today launched a new look limited edition Ute.

Exactly just keep the GS for the entry level and then build a premium ute the Super Pursuit only 2 models.
BENSFPV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2012, 01:19 PM   #123
nstg8a

people cant read very well it seems.

fpv have already said the ute rear end cant handle the gt's higher output reliably.

you know warrenty's and claims and all that sort of thing are important.

given what the sales figures would most likely be, and the fact that many on here would still feel a reason to sook about it not having a 37 speaker bavarian ice cream maker, well you can kinda see why fpv arent too interested.

i think the best we could hope for is maybe a super pursuit with all the brakes/seats etc but the 315 motor.
still several years for fpv to do it... cant rush these things.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2012, 01:41 PM   #124
BENSFPV

As quoted by carsales today :
Mr Mears also nominated a boost in GS sales as a priority for the company. Sales figures obtained by motoring.com.au show that to the end of July this year FPV had sold 770 vehicles, with the GT family outselling the GS more than two-to-one. In the same period, HSV sales were beyond 1100.

Yes because Mr Mears the GS is basically a Ford XR6 with a FPV engine.

And Nstg8a you're right dont rush bringing the Super Pursuit back with the 315Kw motor just wait till their bought something else other than a FPV and then sook because your sales figures are slipping more. How hard is it to put GTP seats and brakes from the F6 ute on this limited edition. This car is already basically built with a 6 cyl in it.
Old 15-08-2012, 03:06 PM   #125
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENSFPV
Yes because Mr Mears the GS is basically a Ford XR6 with a FPV engine.
100% True. But what's wrong with that? Holden sell plant of SSV utes with 19" rims. and normal brakes, and fraction of the performance of a GS. All for not a lot less money.
Old 15-08-2012, 03:16 PM   #126
Windsor220
Now Fordless

The GS is basically the XR8. So it would be an XR6 with an FPV engine.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2012, 03:23 PM   #127
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Thought I'd finally chip in to this.

I'll ignore the styling side beacuse that is subjective and no doubt love hate. (it's not for me. I'm a chrome lover). I think FPV have got this wrong strategically. Not the re-introduction of a Pursuit, thats good. It should never have left the range. But launching this as a limited model alongside the RSpec. With RSpec paint and RSpec striping whilst not actaully being an RSpec. Just clumsy.

Toe in the water, build only 75 if you must, but paint them another colour, any colour, I dont care, and launch them in 3 months time when the hype over the Rspec subsides, thus creating a whole lot of fresh, "did you see the new FPV..." noise. This model has already been drowned out or absorbed into the sedan.

I think an ongoing Pursuit would be a seller, it always was, and it should make a come back as a permanent member of the range, alongside the GS ute. Option Brembos brakes, and forget Super Pursuit.

Oh and the 315 S/C engine is just fine.
Old 15-08-2012, 04:34 PM   #128
BENSFPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elks
100% True. But what's wrong with that? Holden sell plant of SSV utes with 19" rims. and normal brakes, and fraction of the performance of a GS. All for not a lot less money.
Yes they do but they also give you an option to upgrade to 20" wheels , and bigger brakes if wanted and have sat nav standard. So at least it gets customers in the door and then if they dont want standard they can upgrade where as with the GS ute or sedan its that with all options which add up and if you want bigger brakes get them yourself or another brand.
Old 15-08-2012, 05:40 PM   #129
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENSFPV
Yes they do but they also give you an option to upgrade to 20" wheels , and bigger brakes if wanted and have sat nav standard. So at least it gets customers in the door and then if they dont want standard they can upgrade where as with the GS ute or sedan its that with all options which add up and if you want bigger brakes get them yourself or another brand.
Again, that's true. But ......

Sat/Nav is an option on GS.

Whilst the 20" rims do look good. SSV's on 19's ride and handle better than they do on 20's. I've done 10's of thousands of Kms in VE's SSV's with both so I'm sure of that.

And Holden brakes are awful. Yes on paper they are bigger diameter and the 'V' is better than the normal SS. But the reality is my TS50 with the PBR brakes would out brake and out last (fade) the SS.

Holden do offer hard cheap clicky plastic. A weird hand brake. Strange red digital gauges that dont dim on the top of the dash. (try that for 6 hours on a country road - I just put tape over them) Useless exterior mirrors the size of ladies compact. Inaudible bluetooth. Projector headlights with the beam of a Dolphin torch.

Oh and Holden last time I checked don't offer a supercharged quad cam all alloy V8. with a Lazy 315kw and 545nm from 2000 rpm.

I don't mean to sound cranky with you Ben, but whilst I know FPV & Ford are not perfect, far from it. But it drives me insane when GM are held up as the answer. I know you will say that the SS is cheaper. So is a HiLux Grinner.

The question is. Is the FPV GS good value for money? In my opinion yes
Old 15-08-2012, 05:50 PM   #130
Grunter
Not of the Sooty variety!
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elks
?.....I think an ongoing Pursuit would be a seller, it always was, and it should make a come back as a permanent member of the range, alongside the GS ute. Option Brembos brakes, and forget Super Pursuit.

Oh and the 315 S/C engine is just fine.
I agree and disagree. Pursuit should remain, GS should go. As for the Super Pursuit, if they still made it, even with the 315, it would be a ripper. Brembos, GTP seats and the same ICC as the GTP.

Current
The Toy: 2002 AUIII TS50
The Daily and Tow Vehicle: 2016 VW Amarok
Grunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2012, 06:17 PM   #131
BENSFPV

Elks I hate Holden but they sell better so maybe Ford should look at why even with sub standard motor. Also I think the SSV Redline edition comes with Brembo fronts and not to mention its going to get harder for FPV with the launch of the HSV Maloo $ 57,990 driveaway with a 317Kw motor and HSV brakes and sat nav and 20" wheels all standard. And yes I dont care for 20" wheels either but a lot of young people that buy these utes do.
Also I think it was mentioned earlier that we should go buy something else like a Ranger instead already tried that cannnot geta Wildtrak for awhile prob get Super Pursuit when they re-release it sooner.
Old 15-08-2012, 09:30 PM   #132
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by XD 351 Ute
It's all in jest Boss, just trying to lighten things up a bit.

Ed
I get what you said, just pointing out the fact Ford no longer make 9 inch diffs, so it's a bit hard for them to get production versions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tezxr8man
C'mon, the diff has needed to be beefed up in the falcons(and crumydoors) for a real long time, it's about time they did something, and the centre bearings are just as useles, they have a decent hike in price so its not outa the question for a true track and some stronger axles along with a better c/bearing
The problem is the cost to strengthen the rear end will cost millions, and when you only sell a couple of hundred that is a serious amount of money per unit to make back. It would add thousands to the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV+fteT3
If I recall correctly the BEST selling performance utes were the Super Pursuit you know the ones with the GTP seats Brembo Brakes and same motor and equipment levels as GTP so here's a thought why not build what sold in the largest numbers and what obviously buyers want.
The reason they dropped the Pursuit and Super Pursuit after FG was because they sold so few of them. If I remember correctly there were only 100 or 200 made in the 2 years FG Pursuits were on sale. It was bugger all anyway. It didn't sell like it did with BA/F.

Thats also why they are going to only do 75 this time as its all they see a market for. Its suprising they even bothered with such a tiny amount.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2012, 09:32 PM   #133
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Got some pics of one.

Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2012, 10:04 PM   #134
Shonky.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I reckon those wheels will end up as rare as rocking horse **** in a couple of years cause everyone will paint them.

Great pics, thanks Boss

(so nice to see pics instead of CGI)
Shonky. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2012, 10:08 PM   #135
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

I look at those pics and povvo brakes etc. and can't help thinking that GS has devalued the FPV brand. Not a nice thing to say, but it is how I feel. They are XRs.
Old 15-08-2012, 10:15 PM   #136
nstg8a

i think those rims would look 11ty times better sprayed black and just leave the bit in the middle of the spokes red.

too much red for me, but thats about the extent of my gripes. well other than the fact i wont be buying one.

whats the red on the sideskirt? is it lettering?
Old 15-08-2012, 10:19 PM   #137
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Its the little vent thingy...usually silver

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2012, 10:20 PM   #138
Shonky.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

no, it's just a little insert in the skirt

present on all FPV's, normally body coloured

Old 15-08-2012, 10:22 PM   #139
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shonkymofo
no, it's just a little insert in the skirt

present on all FPV's, normally body coloured

Vent...same thing lol

I sware they were silver, at least on some models?

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2012, 10:22 PM   #140
nstg8a

ahh thanks guys
Old 15-08-2012, 10:25 PM   #141
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Silver on GT E ..... rest all colour coded. Want to paint mine ...... wonder if they come of ......

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2012, 10:53 PM   #142
Shonky.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
Vent...same thing lol

I sware they were silver, at least on some models?
we posted at the same time

wasn't correcting your description

Edit: cool story bro
Old 16-08-2012, 10:54 AM   #143
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
Having a zoomed in shot of will davidson unload some bricks

Old 16-08-2012, 10:55 AM   #144
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Back on topic. the FPV ute might be the replacement for my XR8 ute. Not sure if i'd go Pursuit, tho. since the GS is cheaper.