Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 08-05-2010, 03:46 PM   #121
Oscuro

Eibachs did lower height somewhat though there is still small gap between tyre and car. Unless they lower more over time will probably need to fit a 60 profile tyre instead of current 50 to reduce gap totally wont be for a while given tyres are pretty new.

Last edited by Oscuro; 08-05-2010 at 03:55 PM.
Oscuro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2010, 04:11 PM   #122
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscuro
Eibachs did lower height somewhat though there is still small gap between tyre and car. Unless they lower more over time will probably need to fit a 60 profile tyre instead of current 50 to reduce gap totally wont be for a while given tyres are pretty new.

wow that looks really good. lowered rims stripes the lot. i dont reckon you would want it to come down too much further looks great as is!
fiestaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2010, 08:09 PM   #123
fiestars

ur car looks shiney mmmmm
fiestars is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2010, 11:54 PM   #124
Fled74
The Thread Killa

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2010, 08:51 PM   #125
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Fiesta update: I recently decided to try and put 91 into my car. and it reacted just fine with the very small trips i do too and from school. however the other day it got a bit of a work out going into the city, and well, on 91 the car was quite difficult to drive in comparison with 95 or 98 octane fuel. there was no power at all low down, revving it only causes alot of noise and no real action. It also seems to be running quite rough, idles a bit differently, vibrates a bit, and has made the diesal like sound come back (was there when we bought the car due to it had done almost 100,000kms, however after using premium fuels only and giving it good runs it started to run very well and quietly. however the 91 has brought it back).

thankfully i can say im putting premium back into it this week. so much nicer to drive when its on 95 and even better on Shell V-Power. cant wait for the power to back

so if you were ever thinking about putting 91 fuel in it, it works fine for very short trips, however if u like to drive ur car and get the most out of it, definitely use at least 95.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:16 PM   #126
Twinpiston
Finally rollin on 20's

Good little write up.

Doesn't the book say 95?
K&N, F6 Snorkel, Debung, 20" Enix Turbine in Gunmetal, 7 seat rear springs.
Twinpiston is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2010, 09:17 PM   #127
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinpiston
Good little write up.

Doesn't the book say 95?
thanks!

it says 95 is recomended. but it also says it will run on 91 just fine but a loss of power and fuel economy will occur.

it was correct about the power, but the fuel economy, i dont think really changed much at all.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:48 PM   #128
fiestars

personally i wouldnt use anything below 91 haven't noticed a difference between 95 n 98, i read some where thats its only noticeable in high powered cars.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:47 PM   #129
Twinpiston
Finally rollin on 20's

Uuummmm.

These cars are designed to run on 95. They are a European car built for europe where the minimum octane is 95....

Do you not ever hear your car pinging when under load?

Anyway, I have seen results, people here have seen the results lets leave it at that
K&N, F6 Snorkel, Debung, 20" Enix Turbine in Gunmetal, 7 seat rear springs.
Twinpiston is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2010, 11:33 PM   #130
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinpiston
Uuummmm.

These cars are designed to run on 95. They are a European car built for europe where the minimum octane is 95....

Do you not ever hear your car pinging when under load?

Anyway, I have seen results, people here have seen the results lets leave it at that
yeh i hav heard about all that stuff and only experienced it a little bit due to the short trips i do. but it handled it just fine. i gave it a try, definantly prefer V power by far, but just decided to try it and see if the premium is worth the extra.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:51 AM   #131
InnerDevil
Owner Of The Evil ST

On the topic of fuel,

Two weeks ago while working, i had to fuel up, but had no BP Servo around, so i filled a tank of Caltex Vortex 98, and for a week the car had felt sluggish, idle drops for a split sec from 900 to 800rpm then kicks back up to 900rpm usually 2 or 3 times then stops, drops in power on re-acceleration out of turns and round-abouts and at the lights

Since buying the fez i've only ever fill up with BP Ultimate 98, and its always run fine, i've had a tank of BP Ultimate in the car since that fill up at Caltex.... but still the problems exists from when i filled up with Caltex,

Has anybody had the same issue, does anyone know wats causing the erratic behavior ??
Is it the fuel related or is it Mechanical

Ive Googled abit and few other sites threads have said it could be a control valve, MAF, T/B, head gasket ????

Cheers,
Pete
Panther Black

17" Lenso Type M ~ Wrapped w/ Falken Tyres
Pedders Sports Ryder Lowered Springs
St Rear Spoiler
InnerDevil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2010, 12:08 PM   #132
fiestars

Quote:
Originally Posted by InnerDevil
On the topic of fuel,

Two weeks ago while working, i had to fuel up, but had no BP Servo around, so i filled a tank of Caltex Vortex 98, and for a week the car had felt sluggish, idle drops for a split sec from 900 to 800rpm then kicks back up to 900rpm usually 2 or 3 times then stops, drops in power on re-acceleration out of turns and round-abouts and at the lights

Since buying the fez i've only ever fill up with BP Ultimate 98, and its always run fine, i've had a tank of BP Ultimate in the car since that fill up at Caltex.... but still the problems exists from when i filled up with Caltex,

Has anybody had the same issue, does anyone know wats causing the erratic behavior ??

Ive Googled abit and few other sites threads have said it could be a control valve, MAF, T/B, head gasket ????

Cheers,
Pete
i had that happen when i put in fuel from shell, i think my ecu only likes bp and caltex fuel anything else the car will whine normal idle for my car is 750rpm
Old 13-05-2010, 01:20 AM   #133
Like Mike
Starter Motor

Default New Fiesta Member

I'm brand new to the whole forum thingo, but thought a fiesta thread would be the best to start off.
Ive had a 2003 WP Fiesta for 1 year, 3 months and im still in love with it. I bought it second hand from Bryan Byrt and im the second owner.
I have put a Custom 2' 1/4" sports exhaust which gives it a mean note, as well as some 16inch Advanti Europa wheels.
Fiesta = The best car.
Like Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2010, 01:30 AM   #134
Like Mike
Starter Motor

Default Reply to fuel.

Quote:
On the topic of fuel,

Cheers,
Pete

I have experienced similar problems, mainly with cheaper fuel stations, and yer i noticed it with caltex. Shell Vortex98 i have noticed is better, usually idles at 1000-1100rpms.

I took a trip to Somerset Dam and had to fill up with 98 at some cheapo servo and yer car idled at about 750-850rpms.
but yer generally i use bp or shell, shell is usually better
Old 13-05-2010, 02:22 AM   #135
fiestars

any pics of ur fez?
Old 13-05-2010, 10:23 AM   #136
Like Mike
Starter Motor

only the ones from when i bought it. but well it just looks like every other fiesta.
ill give it a wash and put some fotos up within the next week
sadly a hangover+concrete pillar and the back of my mates car have slightly scaredd my baby. but the 17th of this month she goes in for a fix
but ill defs take some fotos.
Old 13-05-2010, 05:10 PM   #137
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
On the topic of fuel,

Cheers,
Pete
my car has always idled at 800 or so revs no matter what fuel i use. (except when cold or air con is on)

i know that Shell V-power 98 is definantly a huge jump from vortex 98 in the fiesta. but wouldnt know why ur car is running like it is.... maybe give it a couple of tanks of ur normal fuel and see if it gets better?
Old 13-05-2010, 07:32 PM   #138
InnerDevil
Owner Of The Evil ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestaz
Maybe give it a couple of tanks of ur normal fuel and see if it gets better?
Will do!!

On another really sour note,

Driving my back from the kids footy training, while turning at a intersection my car stalled and it read EAC error P?????? on the cluster

Didn't quiet the numbers following the "P" cause as it stalled i got stuck infront of a bus in a bus lane, all i did was turn off the car, start it back up again, and speed-off
(till i got to the speed limit, of course)

I just googled for wat an "EAC error" was and got this site:
Ford Fiesta Common Problems, Solutions, Hints & Tips

Has anybody have this happen to them?
Is it caused from everything else thats happened recently?
What do i do????
(my cars 5yr warranty has run out), but should i take it to ford anyway, and how much will they charge???
Panther Black

17" Lenso Type M ~ Wrapped w/ Falken Tyres
Pedders Sports Ryder Lowered Springs
St Rear Spoiler
InnerDevil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2010, 07:48 PM   #139
Oscuro

Ive had an eac error once when I turned the ignition on until I turned ignition off then on again. Think it happens when ignition stalls for some reason so car goes into a hibernation state at very low speed until ignition is turned off and on again. Its all in the WP handbook somewhere.

Now re lowering springs Im starting to worry because every time I go over one particular car park speed bump I hear some sort of noise not sure if its car hitting bump or if its the stock shocks not handling the new springs or just the springs settling in.
Old 13-05-2010, 08:58 PM   #140
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscuro
Ive had an eac error once when I turned the ignition on until I turned ignition off then on again. Think it happens when ignition stalls for some reason so car goes into a hibernation state at very low speed until ignition is turned off and on again. Its all in the WP handbook somewhere.

Now re lowering springs Im starting to worry because every time I go over one particular car park speed bump I hear some sort of noise not sure if its car hitting bump or if its the stock shocks not handling the new springs or just the springs settling in.
Probably should be doing some research into what you should be expecting with your new springs in the running in period. Does sound weird though that they are making weird noises when going over speed bumps.
Old 18-05-2010, 05:42 PM   #141
Oscuro

Car seems to have dropped a bit more and noise over speed bumps is less in second week maybe due to things settling down which is why I should have kept mouth shut until things settled like I said I was gonna do. Also got bored with side stripes lol and took em off. Might post new pic on Saturday. Also got a wheel alignment today which may have helped.
Old 28-05-2010, 03:26 PM   #142
Like Mike
Starter Motor

Just got my car back from smash repairs
Soo happy after a week without my fez. I had to get a new radiator and condenser, and ive noticed that my exhaust note is deeper and louder than when i first got it the pipes put on. Anyways, not complaining, thought i might put up some pics now that its as it should be

Last edited by Like Mike; 28-05-2010 at 03:38 PM.
Old 28-05-2010, 03:36 PM   #143
fiestars

mate ur pics aint showing, how much dd the repairs set u back?
Old 28-05-2010, 03:41 PM   #144
Like Mike
Starter Motor

how do u post them online?
do u have to do that photobucket thing?

umm repairs in total cost 6,000 for front and back
but insurance excess is 1200, cos yer 2 outta 3 werent my fault
i might put some pics up of the damage
Old 28-05-2010, 03:49 PM   #145
Like Mike
Starter Motor

There we go
yer, really the only noticeable thing is the wheels, the 2 1/4 exhaust sits like the stock, so you cant see it
and its day time so i cant show you the lights

Old 28-05-2010, 04:13 PM   #146
fiestars

i love ur wheels is ur exhaust bent like the original one?
Old 29-05-2010, 12:11 PM   #147
Like Mike
Starter Motor

cheerss.
yer its bent and points down. im gonna buy these laser blue parker lights of ebay, so when i get those itll look mean at night
then i think i might lower it
Old 07-06-2010, 08:41 PM   #148
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Like Mike
There we go
yer, really the only noticeable thing is the wheels, the 2 1/4 exhaust sits like the stock, so you cant see it
and its day time so i cant show you the lights

i really like the spoiler! how much did that set you back?
Old 07-06-2010, 11:39 PM   #149
Like Mike
Starter Motor

it came with the car when i bought it
Old 11-06-2010, 05:19 PM   #150
Oscuro

Anyone else with Eibach Pro Kit have creaking noises when going over speed humps? Are bump stops supposed to be trimmed when fitting pro kit to WP fiestas? Im thinking mechanic didnt trim bump stops.