Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-11-2018, 12:35 AM   #121
GCRXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Seriously, WTF is wrong with people!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Speed limit is the minimum speed you should be traveling - or GTFO my way

If you want to do under the speed limit then get out of the way of faster moving traffic - or you can continue holding everyone else up, I'm not the inconsiderate one here.
WTF? Speed limit is the minimum speed you should be traveling??
Old 07-11-2018, 01:19 AM   #122
351c4

Bent 8, it sounds like you've done the risk assessment and taken action to ensure your own safety, and good on you for that. That's how life is supposed to work. Laws can't totally control human behavior, you make something idiot proof and they just build a better idiot. You cant be totally safe without giving up freedom, personally, I'd rather be responsible for my own safety and be left alone to enjoy my car/motorcycle with the least amount of authority intervention possible.
Old 07-11-2018, 01:41 PM   #123
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Watched video on FacePage last night of a motorbike rider who had broken down in the centre lane of a 5 lane road (45mph limit; USA). A semi driver came along and shielded them from oncoming traffic then slowly merged across the road to allow them to safely push their bike to the shoulder. True courtesy ...

Then see a video on news.com.au this morning of a driver in Perth deliberately swerving at a motorbike rider. Drivers who do things like this need to have a bit of a think about how much they like living confined spaces when they are locked up for killing someone. Your credibility with the usual "I didn't mean it / to hurt them" flies out the window when you swerve at motorcyclist, cyclist, pedestrian. You hit them, you know it was going to kill them.
OzJavelin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post