Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2021, 04:47 PM   #14581
Itsme
Experienced Member

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Now I know why covid spreads so easy around Melbourne! my company has had a positive case where someone has it, between Management & DHHS for guidelines as to what to do it is one big basket case; blind leading the blind with so much confusion. Still waiting on DHHS to get back to our company.
This user likes this post:
Old 06-09-2021, 05:05 PM   #14582
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
Now I know why covid spreads so easy around Melbourne! my company has had a positive case where someone has it, between Management & DHHS for guidelines as to what to do it is one big basket case; blind leading the blind with so much confusion. Still waiting on DHHS to get back to our company.
Shouldn't your company already have in place a CovidSafe plan which outlines what needs to happen in just such an event? Seems like they're trying to shut the gate after the horse has bolted if they're only just now trying to get advice from DHHS as to what to do with a positive case on site?

E: In lieu of any other advice, here is a link to the Vic Gov's site on what to do if you have a positive case on site.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor

Last edited by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0; 06-09-2021 at 05:11 PM.
4 users like this post:
Old 06-09-2021, 05:34 PM   #14583
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
I have always thought that while vaccinated people can still spread the virus the virus is incapable of infecting a vaccinated host to the point of mutating?

Whereas an unvaccinated person gets infected and can facilitate a mutating event?

Does anyone have information confirming or denying that hypothesis?
How about the leaky vaccine hasn't removed killed the virus but "vaxxed"person passes it on so it mutates "learns"a bit, some what like not having a full coarse of of antibiotics and superbugs evolve.

Last edited by five 7; 06-09-2021 at 05:54 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 06-09-2021, 05:39 PM   #14584
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
See post 14548 for one link.

I really hope at 80%x1 for NSW they double Sydneians’ travel radius.
Bunnings is open isn't it. Thats enough.

Old 06-09-2021, 06:06 PM   #14585
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

It was barely shut. Anything from a PowerPass to a construction industry White Card got you in. They seemed almost perplexed at my trades licence.
Old 06-09-2021, 06:06 PM   #14586
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
My Daughter, attended one of the exposure sites last Tuesday morning here in Adelaide, didnt get contacted until late Saturday afternoon, by then she'd been to work 4 times shopping, sport and a few other random places.
In iso now for 14 days which they backdate to exposure day.

Had her first test Saturday evening and got a negative within hours but had it been a positive or if she should test positive in subsequent tests the number of people shes come in contact with would be substantial.

I was surprised it took best part of 5 days to trace and make contact considering how easily Delta spreads.
5 users like this post:
Old 06-09-2021, 06:11 PM   #14587
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Bunnings is open isn't it. Thats enough.
only if the sausage sale is going , cant go to bunnings and not buy a sausage in a bun

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
Old 06-09-2021, 06:55 PM   #14588
Metdevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by five 7 View Post
How about the leaky vaccine hasn't removed killed the virus but "vaxxed"person passes it on so it mutates "learns"a bit, some what like not having a full coarse of of antibiotics and superbugs evolve.
Unlike bacteria, a virus isn't alive. It requires a host to mutate. If the virus can't infect someone, it doesn't reproduce and therefore can not mutate.
This is why herd immunity is so important. Less people to infect = less opportunity to reproduce = less mutations.
4 users like this post:
Old 06-09-2021, 07:11 PM   #14589
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 

I thought vaxxed people can still catch it, get sick or maybe not, but still pass it on. Along with that, we don't know how or what will cause a mutation, but if the virus is lucky then that mutation will hide it in a vaxxed person making them very sick.

There's apparently 2 fully vaxxed people in hospital here in the ACT. That's out of 11 (and 2 others had one jab).
Old 06-09-2021, 07:34 PM   #14590
Metdevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonACT View Post
I thought vaxxed people can still catch it, get sick or maybe not, but still pass it on. Along with that, we don't know how or what will cause a mutation, but if the virus is lucky then that mutation will hide it in a vaxxed person making them very sick.

There's apparently 2 fully vaxxed people in hospital here in the ACT. That's out of 11 (and 2 others had one jab).
They certainly can, you're right. But 'getting sick' as a result of becoming infected by the sars-cov-2 virus is not the same as 'having covid' (despite the media and even govt. officials stating x number of 'covid cases', these aren't even people with 'covid', only people who test positive for the virus).

Your body's immune system's way of dealing with a coronavirus infection is to 'make you sick', by raising your body temperature, making you cough and sneeze, and by making your nose run.
This doesn't necessarily mean that the virus has infiltrated your cells, which is where it needs to be before it can begin replicating.

The vaccine isn't a golden gun for the virus, it just gives your immune system a head start. Once you're inoculated, there's a period of time where the virus can 'fly under the radar' of your immune system, this is basically where your immune system just doesn't know what these foreign pathogens are and they're trying to suss them out.
For sars-cov-2, this lasts about 10-14 days (which is why this period of two weeks is often quoted) which is very long for a virus. This is one of the things which makes sars-cov-2 so much more 'viral', you can 'catch covid' and not know for two weeks.
In a vaccinated person, the virus is identified as soon as it comes into contact with white blood cells and the immune system can get straight onto sending out the appropriate antibodies to fight the infection.

Despite having the heads-up from the vaccine, any infection is still a battlefield between virus and immune system, and even with the best preparation, the virus can still put up a decent fight, so yes, people will still become infected, get sick, and potentially die.
4 users like this post:
Old 06-09-2021, 07:35 PM   #14591
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Isolate close contacts and deep clean?

https://www.safeworkaustralia.gov.au...your-workplace

You are one of 246 new cases in the last 24 hours. They are probably still trying to catch up from the days before, and probably has some junior handling the calls. Good luck if/when we start to hit the high hundreds and thousands.

What surprises me also is that each organisation have to write their own covid safe procedures, yet there is very little guidance on what good looks like. Whilst DHHS can do spot audits, and they have failed a few constructions sites lately, what they cover will only be a very small percentage.

Hopefully there will be a proper post pandemic review done, with politics aside, so we can get prepared for the next one.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 06-09-2021, 07:44 PM   #14592
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
I have always thought that while vaccinated people can still spread the virus the virus is incapable of infecting a vaccinated host to the point of mutating?

Whereas an unvaccinated person gets infected and can facilitate a mutating event?

Does anyone have information confirming or denying that hypothesis?
@Metdevil, That all makes sense, thanks, but regarding the original question (quoted here) I don't think anyone can answer the "won't mutate" question. I'd assume this "battle" could lead to a lucky mutation surviving and then thriving even in a fully vaxxed person.
Old 06-09-2021, 07:52 PM   #14593
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Shouldn't your company already have in place a CovidSafe plan which outlines what needs to happen in just such an event? Seems like they're trying to shut the gate after the horse has bolted if they're only just now trying to get advice from DHHS as to what to do with a positive case on site?

E: In lieu of any other advice, here is a link to the Vic Gov's site on what to do if you have a positive case on site.
Oh the company has its own covid plan which has been implemented, close contacts have been dealt with but being a very large site has been difficult to determine secondary contacts. DHHS is very slow to respond and slow with contacting people.
Until your workplace goes through this you have no idea, certainly been an eye opener for me.
Old 06-09-2021, 07:53 PM   #14594
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metdevil View Post
Despite having the heads-up from the vaccine, any infection is still a battlefield between virus and immune system, and even with the best preparation, the virus can still put up a decent fight, so yes, people will still become infected, get sick, and potentially die.
Yep, same as the yearly flu that goes around, you can get a flu shot and for the majority of people it will prepare your body to fight it, but some people just dont have enough fight due to many underlying factors and sadly people die.
Old 06-09-2021, 08:14 PM   #14595
Metdevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonACT
@Metdevil, That all makes sense, thanks, but regarding the original question (quoted here) I don't think anyone can answer the "won't mutate" question. I'd assume this "battle" could lead to a lucky mutation surviving and then thriving even in a fully vaxxed person.
Not saying that it 'won't' mutate, only that the chance of mutation occurring in a vaccinated person is the smallest fraction compared to an unvaccinated person. But in response to five 7's statement, a virus can't just mutate rampantly on its own, it requires a host to do so. So it's not the same as how antibiotic-resistant superbugs come to being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Yep, same as the yearly flu that goes around, you can get a flu shot and for the majority of people it will prepare your body to fight it, but some people just dont have enough fight due to many underlying factors and sadly people die.
Yup, basically all the vaccine does is allows your body to 'recognise' a pathogen. The vaccine doesn't actually do anything itself to 'fight' the infection, it still leaves that to your immune system. It's basically like an intel dossier for your immune system.
6 users like this post:
Old 06-09-2021, 08:26 PM   #14596
JasonACT
Away on leave

I'll leave what Five 7 meant for them to explain.

Being the devil's advocate though, a virus under attack may be more likely to mutate, but who knows. As long as we're not deluding ourselves that being vaxxed with what we have is a silver bullet.

Thanks mate. (Oh, and remember, wear a mask when going out )
Old 06-09-2021, 08:36 PM   #14597
Metdevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonACT View Post
Being the devil's advocate though, a virus under attack may be more likely to mutate, but who knows.
A virus is only able to replicate as quickly as your own cells do, after all, a virus replicates by 'hijacking' your own cells and using your own cell's 'machinery' to make reproductions of its own genetic code instead of your own.

If the virus can be neutralised before infiltrating your cells, it can't reproduce at all. Since your immune system can attack it before then, the chances of reproducing the virus' genes are much much slimmer.

But yes, it's still not a silver bullet, if you have other things going on at the same time, your system can simply be overwhelmed and the virus can infiltrate your cells while your immune system is 'distracted'.
Keep wearing a mask, keep signing in with contact tracers, and don't sneeze on the elderly.

(NB, obviously, all of this is super simplified )
5 users like this post:
Old 06-09-2021, 10:44 PM   #14598
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mrs had the first Pfizer this morning. Back to work, then 2 hours later rings me saying her whole body is numb and tingling. I suggested calling the clinic or nurse on call.
Can't call the clinic, nurse on call basically says dunno maybe go to your doctor?
Ends up at ER, waits for 3 hours, to be told it's a very rare but heard of side effect, Panadol and monitor.
I'm ropable and dumbfounded that there isn't a number for side effects (at least that we could find) or a resident expert at the vac clinic for a situation like this. The wait only concluded because she started freaking out and hyperventilating.

And all this is so that maybe everything will open up again if enough other people get it too, so maybe she can see some of her family this year, I can't wait to see what curve ball they throw when the vac targets are reached but still don't want to open.
4 users like this post:
Old 06-09-2021, 11:07 PM   #14599
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Learn to eat rite, problem solved.

If you read The Age/Sun...or watch channel 7/9/10/SBS/ABC

Old 06-09-2021, 11:56 PM   #14600
JasonACT
Away on leave

Since I was a 2.5yo I recall every vax I've had - all 2 of them. Both Tetanus. I somehow skipped the year 7 jab.. My best mate got it, whatever it was, and his arm blew up. Look at my arm! he said, and I ran. And he turned into a neanderthal (well, maybe not, but we stopped being friends when he changed).

Call it puberty, but if you expect a doctor to tell you the truth, forget it. They will call it simple.

I'm booked in for an Oct 15 jab. An unknown path forward awaits me.

(Hate or not, I spent quite a few years having blood taken, and I don't like it.)
Old 07-09-2021, 06:24 AM   #14601
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
Learn to eat rite, problem solved.

Learn to spell right, problem solved.
2 users like this post:
Old 07-09-2021, 08:06 AM   #14602
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
Learn to spell right, problem solved.
I think maybe he’s referring to some sort of “Cult Rite” ?
Old 07-09-2021, 08:47 AM   #14603
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

NSW grabs unfair share of vaccines in ‘hunger games’ with other states

https://www.news.com.au/world/corona...640bee6364adc5

"Federal Government distribution of Pfizer has seen “huge shifts in favour” of NSW over Victoria, Queensland and Western Australia, the ABC’s 7.30 on Monday night reported.

And the vaccine allocations that are unfairly favouring NSW over the other states are likely to continue with Victoria at a particular disadvantage."

NSW got 45 per cent of the Pfizer vaccines allocated to GPs last month, data shows

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-...onth/100380908

"Back in late June, as Sydney's current outbreak was just taking off, NSW was receiving 32 per cent of the national Pfizer vaccine allocation through primary care — mostly GPs.

That is roughly in line with NSW's proportion of the national population.

But by last month its allocation had jumped to 45 per cent. "

The real-world impact of the shifting of Pfizer vaccines to NSW, particularly given the much faster speed with which people can be double vaccinated, is significant.

Based on these numbers, for example, it appears Victoria may have missed out on up to 343,000 Pfizer jabs between June and September, Queensland 100,000 jabs and Western Australia 114,000 jabs.

But more troubling is the apparent extra weighting of future Pfizer shot allocations to NSW for the remainder of the year.

Rides (past and present)
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

Last edited by T3rminator; 07-09-2021 at 08:52 AM.
5 users like this post:
Old 07-09-2021, 09:46 AM   #14604
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme
Quote:
Oh the company has its own covid plan which has been implemented, close contacts have been dealt with but being a very large site has been difficult to determine secondary contacts. DHHS is very slow to respond and slow with contacting people.
Ok, my bad. I read the bold bit in your first post as implying the company didn't know what to do and was seeking advice from DHHS.

Quote:
Until your workplace goes through this you have no idea, certainly been an eye opener for me.
Yes, I could imagine on a large site, having a positive case would certainly set the cat amongst the pigeons and cause a bit of anxiety for fellow employees.

The site I work on has 500 company employees, and about the same in contractors on site at any one time. We also have a major outage on for one of our units, and that normally gets an extra 500 odd employees on site at any one time, too, including specialists from overseas. You can imagine how tense people are already, without any cases in the local community. I struggle to think what it would be like if we had a confirmed case on site.

Needless to say I'm pretty happy to be WFH atm.

Good luck, Itsme, let us know how things pan out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 users like this post:
Old 07-09-2021, 12:43 PM   #14605
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT September 6th 2021.

Note
: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

1,505 new cases for Australia and 5 deaths so the CMR is 1.653%.

24 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.712%.

The UK had a higher 40,801 cases yesterday and lower 45 deaths for a CMR of 1.899%.

A lower 57,226 new cases in the USA yesterday and lower 466 deaths sees CMR at 1.632%.

Other notable points:

Africa passes 8M cases and 200k deaths;
North America passes 49M cases;
Europe passes 56M cases;

only the Philippines (22,414)

... recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period while North Macedonia drops below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 07-09-2021, 12:46 PM   #14606
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

NSW/VIC

NSW records 1,222 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 1.0218 (from 1.0435) while the actual line falls further below the predictive trend line.

VIC records 246 cases (again) in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 1.1727 (from 1.1538) while the actual line is heading back toward (but still above) the predictive trend line.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 07-09-2021, 02:38 PM   #14607
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack91
Mrs had the first Pfizer this morning. Back to work, then 2 hours later rings me saying her whole body is numb and tingling. I suggested calling the clinic or nurse on call.
Can't call the clinic, nurse on call basically says dunno maybe go to your doctor?
Ends up at ER, waits for 3 hours, to be told it's a very rare but heard of side effect, Panadol and monitor.
I'm ropable and dumbfounded that there isn't a number for side effects (at least that we could find) or a resident expert at the vac clinic for a situation like this. The wait only concluded because she started freaking out and hyperventilating.

And all this is so that maybe everything will open up again if enough other people get it too, so maybe she can see some of her family this year, I can't wait to see what curve ball they throw when the vac targets are reached but still don't want to open.
Cause they don't want to know about the side effects. Nothing to worry about, just shut up and take your shot.
Old 07-09-2021, 02:57 PM   #14608
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post

NSW grabs unfair share of vaccines in ‘hunger games’ with other states

https://www.news.com.au/world/corona...640bee6364adc5

"Federal Government distribution of Pfizer has seen “huge shifts in favour” of NSW over Victoria, Queensland and Western Australia, the ABC’s 7.30 on Monday night reported.

And the vaccine allocations that are unfairly favouring NSW over the other states are likely to continue with Victoria at a particular disadvantage."

NSW got 45 per cent of the Pfizer vaccines allocated to GPs last month, data shows

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-...onth/100380908

"Back in late June, as Sydney's current outbreak was just taking off, NSW was receiving 32 per cent of the national Pfizer vaccine allocation through primary care — mostly GPs.

That is roughly in line with NSW's proportion of the national population.

But by last month its allocation had jumped to 45 per cent. "

The real-world impact of the shifting of Pfizer vaccines to NSW, particularly given the much faster speed with which people can be double vaccinated, is significant.

Based on these numbers, for example, it appears Victoria may have missed out on up to 343,000 Pfizer jabs between June and September, Queensland 100,000 jabs and Western Australia 114,000 jabs.

But more troubling is the apparent extra weighting of future Pfizer shot allocations to NSW for the remainder of the year.
Dan isn't happy, click on the video to hear his thoughts. Don't blame him really. The feds have been a bit naughty in what they have done.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-...ines/100439292
Old 07-09-2021, 03:10 PM   #14609
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123 View Post
Dan isn't happy, click on the video to hear his thoughts. Don't blame him really. The feds have been a bit naughty in what they have done.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-...ines/100439292
Creative pork barrelling hoping no one would notice. So when can the ABC expect further funding cuts? Not just Vic, but QLD and WA have come out and had their say....QLD after being labelled "laggards"

I had initially thought it was a bit of a beat up, thinking that these were doses that we got from Poland, which had already been reported that NSW would get priority on. But it appears its a bit more than that.

So now, being REALLY cynical, what are the chances that international travel will be on offer for the double dosed after NSW hits their mark?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack91 View Post

Thats pretty poor. When I had both my shots, I was made to read a 2 pager, on pre-exisiting conditions that might affect the vaccine and also on the potential side effects.

On my 2nd shot, the nurse actually tested me. She asked if I had read it, then asked if I ticked ANY of the boxes. I had skimmed read it and said "yeh, I'm all good to go"..... then she rightly pointed out to me that one of the questions on the sheet was "have you previously had any Covid 19 related vaccinations".....ahhhh she got me! Both shots were done at the mass vaccination clinics, 1st one at Sandown, 2nd one at Cranbourne.

Rides (past and present)

Old 07-09-2021, 03:12 PM   #14610
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Those of you in the NT hoping to catch up with family in NSW and Vic for Christmas might have to think about alternative arrangements.

NT's hard border with NSW, Victoria likely to stay through Christmas
Chief Minister Michael Gunner says Territorians with family in New South Wales or Victoria probably will not be able to see them for Christmas without quarantining upon their return to the Northern Territory.

He was chatting to our mates at ABC Radio Darwin earlier today, and said it was unlikely the Territory's hard border with NSW and Victoria will drop before December 25.

"I can't see — certainly in New South Wales — I can't see that clearing up before Christmas," he said.

"It's more the method of quarantine and whether they're hotspots or not. I can't see that cooling before Christmas."

If that's you, there is some hope you could avoid forking out $2,500 for hotel quarantine.

Last week Mr Gunner said he was "very hopeful" that home quarantine could become an option once 80 per cent of Territorians were fully vaccinated. According to our tracker, at the current rate, it's looking like that could happen by the end of November.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Closed Thread