Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 21-08-2021, 07:04 PM   #13891
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post
Not talking myself into anything, just stating facts.

Its a fact that we have done very well when looking at comparable economies. NZ is not comparable. NZ is more disconnected from the rest of the world, is much smaller, less densely populated than Sydney or Melbourne, and has less requirement to remain connected. When you compare South Australia and Western Australia, you see a similar result to NZ. Just a fact, you don't need to get defensive, NZ has done very well (aside from vaccination, which is even worse than what Australia achieved - we do not hear much about your leaders failure with this over here??) within their position.

You cant run international cities with 5 million residents like a country with 5 million.

And if you think Gladys is getting off lightly, well I am not sure what you have been watching. She has been hammered for being too slow this time, and the way it panned out, deservedly so. As a leader, you are judged on results, not actions. But it served her well with the previous wave. Again, just facts.
Both countries have done well ..so we should were way to hell down the bottom , nz cities are just as densely populated its just smaller dont see what thats about unless you live in Japan ask Fiji being smalls really helping them
my point was if youre going to do a lockdown do it properly or dont do it at all .... we just get news snippets of whats happening over there probably like you do of here so i probably wrongly base my views of how much s##T Gladys is getting on what i view on here and it seams Dan copped a lot more , saying Sydneys problem is because its so populated and connected compared to south and Western Australia is rubbish the reason Perth ,Brisbane have done well is because theyve pounced on any outbreak before its got out of hand , Gladys hasnt now your paying the price

We're not vaccinated enough and the Governments copping a bit of flack over it ....they did a deal with Pfizer for their vaccs exclusively which seamed like we were getting the best , it hasnt worked out and it sounds like if you paid a huge fee you could get the vaccinations early (good one Pfizer) , you guys are similar low vacc rates which the way i see it the only options you have is lockdowns .....so Gladys doesnt like lockdowns puts a few loose controls inplace until the spread gets out of hand then trys to lock down then that doesnt work so we,ll vaccinate everyone which is the only option you've got left?

Yes youve done well but it will be interesting to see come xmas what its like .....think the other states are going to become more and more twitchy about NSW

Having said that if we cant control the mess we're in at the moment we may end up the same

Au11 fairmont Ghia ported gt40p heads ,comp springs and locks
Xe 264 cam,custom intake,pacemaker tri y headers
524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
3 users like this post:
Old 21-08-2021, 07:15 PM   #13892
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG17 View Post
I am flabbergasted at these selfish protestors and their antics.
Is there somewhere secure in NSW or Victoria where they could all be sent and make them fend for themselves in fighting covid?
How about building a big lexen sheet dome over Philip Island and send em there!
No race meets during lockdown is there!

Cheers Billy
Old 21-08-2021, 07:26 PM   #13893
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
I think, no matter how you look at the situation in NSW atm, it's not good.

Out of interest Russ, what's the correlation coefficient (r) value for that 3rd order polynomial trend in the first graph? Looking at the graph, I'd expect it be above +0.9?
I would like to know the answer to that, since I have been following Russels trend line graphs I wondered just how he done 2 or 3 a day, that's why I read em and leave a thank you!

But, I thought I got my head around it but not sure now, from what I have gleaned and I'm probably wrong anyway, but you can't create an exponential trend line if data contains zero or negative values.
In my amateurish working out I couldn't get the R squared value of +0.9 so where did I go wrong?

So what is the value?..I am interested in working this stuff out on a 8" tablet and don't have Excel or the like.

Cheers Billy
Old 21-08-2021, 09:31 PM   #13894
zilo
BANNED

This will be interesting in Sydney next week...

One of the largest hospitals in Australia now has 1000 nurses in home isolation.
A lot of interns and registrar doctors have been told not to come Monday morning.
Covid outbreaks in wards, dental, emergency and psychiatric wards.

It is also the hospital with the largest covid ward....

breathtakingly NSW nurses are not compelled to be vaccinated, and most have not due to only being offered AZ.

It is out of control according to what I have heard.

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)
Old 21-08-2021, 10:31 PM   #13895
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
breathtakingly NSW nurses are not compelled to be vaccinated, and most have not due to only being offered AZ.
Not sure where you get your info from but my wife has at least 6 nurses from our local Hospital as clients and they've all had 2 Pfizer jabs each this year.
Old 21-08-2021, 10:35 PM   #13896
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Who’s cutting the hair of our dear leaders, when we plebs are blocked from visiting barbers or hairdressers?
2 users like this post:
Old 21-08-2021, 10:58 PM   #13897
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Not sure where you get your info from but my wife has at least 6 nurses from our local Hospital as clients and they've all had 2 Pfizer jabs each this year.
I said it was not compulsory for nurses.
Not all nurses were offered the Pfizer.
The context is this large Sydney hospital..with over a thousand nurses.

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)
This user likes this post:
Old 21-08-2021, 11:24 PM   #13898
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What's the purpose of this night time curfew for Sydney?

From what I have seen almost all cases seem to be at public businesses during business hours,workplaces, hospitals, aged care or between family members. The curfew seem like a pointless measure that will make no difference in the real world. It's just one more thing Gladys can brag about doing.
Old 21-08-2021, 11:39 PM   #13899
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

The NSW government still seems to have an ear for the “zero Covid” adherents. I believe it was either factional appeasement or using Covid as a screen to monitor some unrelated criminal activities.
3 users like this post:
Old 22-08-2021, 12:00 AM   #13900
Pis-ton broke
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post
What's the purpose of this night time curfew for Sydney?

From what I have seen almost all cases seem to be at public businesses during business hours,workplaces, hospitals, aged care or between family members. The curfew seem like a pointless measure that will make no difference in the real world. It's just one more thing Gladys can brag about doing.
i think its a good idea, we have a group of men coming from bankstown , auburn areas out to picton area, and they openly say they don,t care. these types need responsibly and care of others to be bashed into there thick skulls, hopefully the police will get them. my friend did ring the police weeks back and they said to ring crime stoppers, so she did and was put on hold, she ended hanging up after a while waiting. she was unable to report it.

Last edited by Pis-ton broke; 22-08-2021 at 12:05 AM.
4 users like this post:
Old 22-08-2021, 02:47 AM   #13901
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Gladys is trying to spin doctor her failures - people do not forget Gladys

It is embarrassing watching her press conferences, all the bloody spin - yesterday, the medical person was smiling as she was at the podium - ****ing smiling

Thanks to your pox Gladys, parts of my family are now tier 1 and tier 2 - one of my grand-daughters was in the class with an infected kid. My wife cares for children of 2 teachers who work at one of the ground zero schools - thanks very much, due to your governments failures in another State you have directly impacted us
5 users like this post:
Old 22-08-2021, 07:52 AM   #13902
slowsnake
Banned

Wish I could give you more than one "thanks" Trevor57 but only one each!

Cheers Billy
Old 22-08-2021, 07:55 AM   #13903
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
The NSW government still seems to have an ear for the “zero Covid” adherents. I believe it was either factional appeasement or using Covid as a screen to monitor some unrelated criminal activities.
I'd go with the latter!

Cheers Billy
Old 22-08-2021, 09:13 AM   #13904
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
This will be interesting in Sydney next week...

One of the largest hospitals in Australia now has 1000 nurses in home isolation.
..............It is out of control according to what I have heard.
Man....doctors and nurses have been warning that this was coming. Maybe its time to hear more from front line staff at those pressers, rather than pollies regurgitating the same stuff every day? Beds and ventilators aren't the problem, its the number of people required to operate them. The problem is happening in Melbourne too. Every other state needs to do whatever is necessary to keep covid out, we are going to need their nurses and doctors to be flown in to help from time to time. That supposedly leaked national cabinet document now seems rather timely. Heaven forbid if there is a major spread to every major city in the country at the same time. We won't even be able to lean on our cousin across the ditch as they are handling their own outbreak.

Mandatory vaccination for health care workers makes perfect sense but would make jack all difference in the scenario you described. It doesn't exempt them from having to isolate if exposed. NSW has how introduced mandatory vaccination for healthcare workers, but this could cause some to leave the public health system and stretch resources even further. Delta schmelta, when you gamble, the house always wins. Well done Gladys, you and your mob have really screwed the southern hemisphere over. No doubt her apologists will keep making excuses...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender
Same rumours and wild theories that were floating around Victoria in wave 2. And hence the other line of story to the Andrews "accident".

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
2 users like this post:
Old 22-08-2021, 09:20 AM   #13905
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooDog View Post
B Yes youve done well but it will be interesting to see come xmas what its like .....think the other states are going to become more and more twitchy about NSW

Having said that if we cant control the mess we're in at the moment we may end up the same
Just like last year, warm dry air seems to keep covid at bay when combined with basic social distancing. We all enjoyed a pretty good summer.

The time is nearly here to stop measuring case numbers, it needs to be hospitalisation. This was the point that both countries originally said, don't overrun the hospitals. We didn't, but AUS and NZ now have this political zero case target. It is nearly time to forget that.

The only stress on the hospitals is staffing being caused by sending hospital staff home as close contacts. They should just have rapid testing.

2 users like this post:
Old 22-08-2021, 09:27 AM   #13906
lumen8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Campbell Newman announces Liberal Democrats Covid-19 policy this morning:

https://www.ldp.org.au/covid_policy
5 users like this post:
Old 22-08-2021, 09:38 AM   #13907
slowsnake
Banned

My friend in Sydney an RN at Fairfield Hospital, and I mentioned this before when Fairfield was a hotspot, her nurse mate and herself are fully vaccinated Pfizer vaccine nurses, her friend entered a lift used by a relative of a covid positive patient, they forgot to clean or isolate the lift for general use, so not her fault, but she was sent home for 14 days isolation, and she was only paid for 3 prebooked shifts?...

It's bullsh.t, what is the point of being vaccinated if you cannot have contact with a non covid hospital visitor?
Got me stuffed!

Cheers Billy
3 users like this post:
Old 22-08-2021, 09:45 AM   #13908
MrEL
Sick Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post

It is embarrassing watching her press conferences, all the bloody spin - yesterday, the medical person was smiling as she was at the podium - ****ing smiling

Thanks to your pox Gladys, parts of my family are now tier 1 and tier 2 - one of my grand-daughters was in the class with an infected kid. My wife cares for children of 2 teachers who work at one of the ground zero schools - thanks very much, due to your governments failures in another State you have directly impacted us
Definitely understand your anger and yep the NSW Givernment are monkeys at best.
But don't forget that it was only 12 months ago that the Victorian truck driver screwed us all over by bring the Rona up to the crossroads hotel.
I was affected by that.
3 users like this post:
Old 22-08-2021, 09:46 AM   #13909
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post
Just like last year, warm dry air seems to keep covid at bay when combined with basic social distancing. We all enjoyed a pretty good summer.

The time is nearly here to stop measuring case numbers, it needs to be hospitalisation. This was the point that both countries originally said, don't overrun the hospitals. We didn't, but AUS and NZ now have this political zero case target. It is nearly time to forget that.

The only stress on the hospitals is staffing being caused by sending hospital staff home as close contacts. They should just have rapid testing.
Agree but we need most of the population vaccinated ....till that happens the damage is going to be brutal .....theres plenty of examples of what not to do out there ??

Au11 fairmont Ghia ported gt40p heads ,comp springs and locks
Xe 264 cam,custom intake,pacemaker tri y headers
524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
2 users like this post:
Old 22-08-2021, 10:04 AM   #13910
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post

If we're doing the blame game shouldn't you ultimately be attributing all this to China?
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
7 users like this post:
Old 22-08-2021, 10:26 AM   #13911
HIPO
Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR Martin View Post
If we're doing the blame game shouldn't you ultimately be attributing all this to China?
Well the CCP really....their general population wouldnt really have a clue.... the old mushroom theory.... much like most governments...
Old 22-08-2021, 10:44 AM   #13912
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR Martin View Post
I agree, there is something wrong about this, China seems to have their hand in this (somehow).

BTW: I’m not a “Tin foil” “Conspiracy theory” nutter either.
Old 22-08-2021, 10:56 AM   #13913
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooDog View Post
Agree but we need most of the population vaccinated ....till that happens the damage is going to be brutal .....theres plenty of examples of what not to do out there ??
Absolutely agree, the 70% target set in Australia must be in stone. It is too early now, but there is no point getting vaccinated if once we get there we try to keep a zero case policy. People have time to make their choice, but time is running out.

Old 22-08-2021, 10:58 AM   #13914
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumen8 View Post
Campbell Newman announces Liberal Democrats Covid-19 policy this morning:

https://www.ldp.org.au/covid_policy
Sounds like a good policy, but once vaccination target is achieved. The major new thing in this policy is no more new lock downs, where as our current roadmap still has provisions for localised lockdown after 80% in extreme outbreaks.

The other thing I'll say is, it's easy to make an ideal plan when you are not currently responsible for dealing with the consequences. When hospitalisation and death counts start rising, it'll test your resolve.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.

Last edited by T3rminator; 22-08-2021 at 11:07 AM.
3 users like this post:
Old 22-08-2021, 11:00 AM   #13915
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
My friend in Sydney an RN at Fairfield Hospital, and I mentioned this before when Fairfield was a hotspot, her nurse mate and herself are fully vaccinated Pfizer vaccine nurses, her friend entered a lift used by a relative of a covid positive patient, they forgot to clean or isolate the lift for general use, so not her fault, but she was sent home for 14 days isolation, and she was only paid for 3 prebooked shifts?...

It's bullsh.t, what is the point of being vaccinated if you cannot have contact with a non covid hospital visitor?
Got me stuffed!

Cheers Billy
Right on here Billy, nurses in full PPE who are fully vaccinated should not do 14 days. Why our CHO's don't allow daily rapid testing of these staff is another one of their displays of lack of smarts. Much more damage is done by short staffing hospitals.

2 users like this post:
Old 22-08-2021, 11:13 AM   #13916
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
I think, no matter how you look at the situation in NSW atm, it's not good.

Out of interest Russ, what's the correlation coefficient (r) value for that 3rd order polynomial trend in the first graph? Looking at the graph, I'd expect it be above +0.9?
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake
I would like to know the answer to that, since I have been following Russels trend line graphs I wondered just how he done 2 or 3 a day, that's why I read em and leave a thank you!

So what is the value?..I am interested in working this stuff out on a 8" tablet and don't have Excel or the like.
The 'r' value is +0.914. If you have Excel you can use the CORREL function to provide the value or the somewhat quicker Analysis Tool Pak functions.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 22-08-2021, 12:34 PM   #13917
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Big case numbers for NSW again, but also record testing levels. The next few days will be telling.

Interesting article on the ABC website, not so fervently pro-lockdown.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-...lity/100391922
Old 22-08-2021, 01:30 PM   #13918
George V
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR-351 View Post
NSW recorded 825 new locally acquired cases of COVID-19 in the 24 hours to 8pm last night...

I read service NSW are now sending texts to people aged between 16-39 to allow them to get priority access to the vaccine....
Yes they did; texts sent to fully vaccinated too...

Cheers,
George V
2 users like this post:
Old 22-08-2021, 01:30 PM   #13919
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEL View Post
Definitely understand your anger and yep the NSW Givernment are monkeys at best.
But don't forget that it was only 12 months ago that the Victorian truck driver screwed us all over by bring the Rona up to the crossroads hotel.
I was affected by that.
I go as far as saying the public themselves are at fault especially the ones who do not heed the stay at home rules, no wonder this virus spreading rapidly.
Old 22-08-2021, 01:39 PM   #13920
George V
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Pfizer was available in NSW to healthcare staff at least from June 2021.

Cheers,
George V
Closed Thread