Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 18-07-2021, 06:41 PM   #12421
Itsme
Experienced Member

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
ANOTHER negative test result for me today....just because I am dropping off and picking wife up from Monash medical tomorrow....they demanded it.

FFS....had both doses, got a semi auto gun licence...surely I can be trusted now?
Nope, our comrade Dan and his gang does not trust anyone as you are finding out.

Cheers
3 users like this post:
Old 18-07-2021, 07:14 PM   #12422
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Was bound to happen...

Did I hear that people in the Olympic Village were not allowed to mix and fraternise yet in their welcome pack each was given a hand full of condoms???

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
That's only the shooters who get the condoms, it's to slide on the end of the weapon!..lol

Cheers Billy
This user likes this post:
Old 18-07-2021, 07:17 PM   #12423
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
ANOTHER negative test result for me today....just because I am dropping off and picking wife up from Monash medical tomorrow....they demanded it.

FFS....had both doses, got a semi auto gun licence...surely I can be trusted now?
I know a few gun owners who I would not trust with my car, let alone my life! Good to see controls are being enforced to protect Victorians. Small inconvenience, but potential enormous consequences.

Hope you are enjoying Melb I'll buy you a beer next time..

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
4 users like this post:
Old 18-07-2021, 07:42 PM   #12424
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
At least his Government tried, she is doing **** all. It is obvious ScoMo is pulling the strings in NSW
I can't "thank" this enough. Whilst you are at it, maybe you can educate us where 700 odd deaths occurred, who was responsible for that jurisdiction, and whether the state government had authority to send their people into those premises to respond. Thank you.

Rides (past and present)
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

Old 18-07-2021, 08:03 PM   #12425
slowsnake
Banned

Just watching news, positive Covid-19 case Mildura!

Cheers Billy.
Old 18-07-2021, 08:31 PM   #12426
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Many eyes will be on England over the next few weeks I think. Health secretary Sajid Javid recently tested positive. The PM and the "finance guy" both got pinged by the NHS close contact app, BUT they have been exempted from isolation because they are part of the pilot for the daily rapid flow tests .

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ged-says-no-10

Quote:
Downing Street is one of 20 organisations, including other government departments, Transport for London and Network Rail, which are part of a workplace testing study in which participants can test daily at work rather than stay at home.

Organisations taking part have to have an asymptomatic testing site set up. Individuals who have been “pinged” after being in contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid can go to work on the basis that they are using lateral flow tests, but must self-isolate when not at work.

The organisations known to be part of the trial have given their consent to be identified, according to No 10, which added that a full list would be published after the results have been recorded.
Just looked up what a lateral flow test is.... is this a joke??? Imagine having to do this before starting work each morning.

Rides (past and present)

Last edited by T3rminator; 18-07-2021 at 08:52 PM.
Old 18-07-2021, 10:42 PM   #12427
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Pick-and-Payless has temporarily closed to the public. This lockdown is really getting serious.
7 users like this post:
Old 19-07-2021, 12:33 AM   #12428
oldel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Imagine having to do this before starting work each morning.
You'd only have to do that self testing if you had no symptoms (inc cold or flu), or if you think you didn't actually have covid. Chances of that in the UK are pretty low so probably won't ever had to self test like that

I think when Australia stops trying to eliminate it we're going to be the nation of the endless sickie. "Can't come in today boss, have the sniffles and need to get tested and isolate for 24hrs" is going to happen most Mondays.
3 users like this post:
Old 19-07-2021, 12:36 AM   #12429
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:

Once you have received both doses, do they not give you a “card” as proof?
Yet they still demand you have the test?
Am I missing something here?… What’s the point of getting vaccinated then?
(Serious question, as I’m not there)
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
3 users like this post:
Old 19-07-2021, 12:39 AM   #12430
oldel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Point of vaccination is to reduce the likelihood of YOU ending up in ICU on a ventilator. Doesn't guarantee that you don't catch it, spread it etc So even if you do get vaxxed you can harm others (that don't have their vax yet)
Old 19-07-2021, 01:09 AM   #12431
randel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldel View Post

I think when Australia stops trying to eliminate it we're going to be the nation of the endless sickie. "Can't come in today boss, have the sniffles and need to get tested and isolate for 24hrs" is going to happen most Mondays.
Mate, already copping it... What do you do.

Toys - 351 XY Falcon and FG GT
3 users like this post:
Old 19-07-2021, 06:43 AM   #12432
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I can't "thank" this enough. Whilst you are at it, maybe you can educate us where 700 odd deaths occurred, who was responsible for that jurisdiction, and whether the state government had authority to send their people into those premises to respond. Thank you.
so you are defending the NSW Gvmt's handling of this

You would think that they would have learned from the Victorian experience - but NO

Their inaction has crippled half of Australia - Victoria's problem was Victoria's problem
4 users like this post:
Old 19-07-2021, 07:59 AM   #12433
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
so you are defending the NSW Gvmt's handling of this
You would think that they would have learned from the Victorian experience - but NO
Their inaction has crippled half of Australia - Victoria's problem was Victoria's problem
You misread. I'm in 100% agreement with you. We were talking about charges, so I was wondering, of the 800 deaths in Vic, 700 occurred where? And who was in charge in those jurisdiction? And did Vic Gov have authority to send in their staff into those premises? Was just curious who the charge sheet should be sent to.

Quote:
You'd only have to do that self testing if you had no symptoms (inc cold or flu), or if you think you didn't actually have covid. Chances of that in the UK are pretty low so probably won't ever had to self test like that

Due to public pressure, they have back tracked now, removed themselves from the exemption and will now isolate

Rides (past and present)

Last edited by T3rminator; 19-07-2021 at 08:15 AM.
2 users like this post:
Old 19-07-2021, 08:39 AM   #12434
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
You misread. I'm in 100% agreement with you. We were talking about charges, so I was wondering, of the 800 deaths in Vic, 700 occurred where? And who was in charge in those jurisdiction? And did Vic Gov have authority to send in their staff into those premises? Was just curious who the charge sheet should be sent to.

Yeah I read this as a defence too, it is easy to misread when you go in with a blind political view.

Missed the political rants since Ticky gave it up.

But on this point, it is impossible to prevent the virus getting into aged care if you have ten thousand plus cases in the community. It has everywhere once it gets a proper foothold in the community. Yes the Feds are responsible for aged care, but is was always going to be a disaster when it got in there, and they did a poor job once it did. No better or worse than the Vic government did, so I give this one 50/50.

3 users like this post:
Old 19-07-2021, 08:49 AM   #12435
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post
Yeah I read this as a defence too, it is easy to misread when you go in with a blind political view.

Missed the political rants since Ticky gave it up.

But on this point, it is impossible to prevent the virus getting into aged care if you have ten thousand plus cases in the community. It has everywhere once it gets a proper foothold in the community. Yes the Feds are responsible for aged care, but is was always going to be a disaster when it got in there, and they did a poor job once it did. No better or worse than the Vic government did, so I give this one 50/50.
I didn't want to put a political spin on it. Deliberately left it open ended so that those who sought the answers could see for themselves. 100% of the deaths occurred in privately operated aged care under the federal jurisdiction. ZERO in public state operated aged care....ZERO. Chance or coincidence? It wasn't until Vic Gov sent in their staff, even though they were not authorised to do so, that things started to change.

Also have a look at the concentration of aged care services and beds per state, Victoria is by far the most vulnerable in this area. Hence why we can't gamble with the outbreaks. IMHO.

Rides (past and present)

2 users like this post:
Old 19-07-2021, 09:34 AM   #12436
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
Very valid question. Right now there is no incentive to get vaccinated other than 'it's the right thing to do'.. and we all know that just simply isn't enough these days.

There is still a huge anti vaccination sentiment on social media - revolving around the fact that the vaccination "just reduces the severity of the impact".

So, most people will rationalise that the gamble of getting the virus is far less than the so called negative impacts of the (untested / unauthorised / magnetic / big pharma / government conspiracy) vaccination...

If they made different rules for vaccinated and non vaccinated then watch vaccination numbers fly through the roof.

Having said that - is there even the capacity for more people to get vaccinated? Long lines from what I hear everywhere - so the drip feeding of the vaccination I feel is to cover for the fact there simply isn't enough hands on deck and mass vaccination locations to administer the shots anyway.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......

Last edited by Yellow_Festiva; 19-07-2021 at 09:39 AM.
4 users like this post:
Old 19-07-2021, 09:37 AM   #12437
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Point of vaccination is to reduce the likelihood of YOU ending up in ICU on a ventilator. Doesn't guarantee that you don't catch it, spread it etc So even if you do get vaxxed you can harm others (that don't have their vax yet)
Spot on... but is that reason enough? Based on current numbers apparently not.

Those 4x $25 vouchers should have been the start of the vaccination incentive program...

Old 19-07-2021, 10:05 AM   #12438
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
It's like being a carrier, you are immune but you carry a surface antigen that infects others!
Case in point Hepatitis B, you have immunity but still carry the virus to give to others.

Cheers Billy.
Old 19-07-2021, 10:15 AM   #12439
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
…Having said that - is there even the capacity for more people to get vaccinated? Long lines from what I hear everywhere - so the drip feeding of the vaccination I feel is to cover for the fact there simply isn't enough hands on deck and mass vaccination locations to administer the shots anyway.
I ended up making an appointment with the local medical centre - 250m away. The earliest they could fit me in was 30th July, and because I’m under 60 but happy to get PovoVax they require a consultation first on the day. I’d take that delay as a reasonable barometer of what’s available outside the vaccination hubs.

Aside from that, I wish our excess of “leaders”, advisers and their coterie would have the fortitude to state clearly their goals in light of our current restrictions. It’s like working for an employer who lets you know they’re not happy, but refuses to let you know how you might change things to make them so!
2 users like this post:
Old 19-07-2021, 10:16 AM   #12440
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Construction restrictions will be canned in a day or 2 apparently.

Old 19-07-2021, 10:21 AM   #12441
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
I ended up making an appointment with the local medical centre - 250m away. The earliest they could fit me in was 30th July, and because I’m under 60 but happy to get PovoVax they require a consultation first on the day. I’d take that delay as a reasonable barometer of what’s available outside the vaccination hubs.
I got mine at St George Hospital. Earliest date I had available was 10 days from getting online.

In the room while getting the shot the lady next to me said she got the booking the same day. The person giving the shots said they get a ton of no shows and cancellations each day so for someone that can keep checking each day they can get lucky and get something sooner.

Old 19-07-2021, 10:22 AM   #12442
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Quote:
Construction restrictions will be canned in a day or 2 apparently.
Too much blowback? Look at the transmission sites; concrete batching plants, residential sites, depots and offices, the coffee and chicken shops. Quick top-up supermarket visits on the way home. If they’re really serious about how this is spreading, it would be the one to squeeze the hardest.
Old 19-07-2021, 10:27 AM   #12443
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Quote:
…In the room while getting the shot the lady next to me said she got the booking the same day. The person giving the shots said they get a ton of no shows and cancellations each day so for someone that can keep checking each day they can get lucky and get something sooner.
I wouldn’t take a same-day booking; it’s my considered responsibility to have a clear test immediately in advance. And hospitals, just seen too much of them the last two decades running elderly parents in and out.
Old 19-07-2021, 10:28 AM   #12444
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
sorry, I did misread you, my apologies - we know who was responsible and no **** has been thrown at their direction, well none that will stick, but plenty of **** thrown at Dan
4 users like this post:
Old 19-07-2021, 10:32 AM   #12445
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

NSW NEEDS to do the full lock-down like Victoria has done in the past, this half-arsed effort is not going to work - but seriously does she (as ScoMo & Co's puppet) want it to, I think she is a believer in the 'herd immunity' system, like King Boris of the UK and The Right Royal Prince of the USA (recently de-throwned) , Prince Donald

I think this NSW half-arsed lock-down is to protect her vote (and of course the Feds vote)
Old 19-07-2021, 10:36 AM   #12446
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I know we are not supposed to be political - but the people running this country (and states) have turned it political - it is only right we discuss it
2 users like this post:
Old 19-07-2021, 10:40 AM   #12447
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
I didn't want to put a political spin on it. Deliberately left it open ended so that those who sought the answers could see for themselves. 100% of the deaths occurred in privately operated aged care under the federal jurisdiction. ZERO in public state operated aged care....ZERO. Chance or coincidence? It wasn't until Vic Gov sent in their staff, even though they were not authorised to do so, that things started to change.

Also have a look at the concentration of aged care services and beds per state, Victoria is by far the most vulnerable in this area. Hence why we can't gamble with the outbreaks. IMHO.
I agree, No coincidence, a combination of skills and weight of numbers.

The state government manages its metro aged care through Monash/Northern/Eastern etc health services. Essentially hospital trained, so no accident there that they have better training in relation to infection control. They did a great job in protecting their patients.

The other thing is that they only manage just over six hundred beds in Metro Melbourne, and 4500 in the regions, so they dodged most of the outbreak.

On the private system which is under Federal control, I would be very interested to see how the not for profit sector (40% of beds) compared to the profit based, and see if there differences in the results of their infection control. Staff working multiple sites and employed casually is great for efficiency, but not stopping the spread of a virus.

This system has 40,000 plus metro patients so 75 times larger than the State controlled one. Combine that with lower skills and you end up with the result we got.

2 users like this post:
Old 19-07-2021, 11:34 AM   #12448
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
They do give you a card and it's also quickly available on your medicare app on your phone.

The vaccine is to prevent serious illness from the virus.
It also assists with not catching it.

You can still get mildly ill, or show no symptoms after vaccination after being infected.

IMO it's a pretty dangerous time as people can be infectious without any symptoms and can easily spread it.

Even with 90% coverage we would still have 2.4M people who could get seriously ill from it. Which is a lot...

Not sure of what the answer is....
Old 19-07-2021, 12:07 PM   #12449
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT July 18th 2021.

Note
: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

129 new cases for Australia and 1 death so the CMR is 2.865%.

11 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.924%.

The UK had a lower 47,599 cases yesterday and lower 25 deaths for a CMR of 2.369%.

A lower 24,081 new cases in the USA yesterday and lower 113 deaths sees CMR at 1.787%.

Other notable points: (weekend reporting)
Global deaths pass 4.1M, the last 50k in 6 days;
Global cases pass 191M, the last 1M in 2 days;
Asia passes 59M cases;

Laos (131);
Isle of Man (233);
Senegal (1,722);
Rwanda (2,773) - 800 more than the high yesterday;
Vietnam (5,926) - 2k more than the high yesterday; and
Thailand (11,397)

... all recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period and no countries drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 19-07-2021, 01:19 PM   #12450
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Europe Review

The last 10 days have highlighted some countries where case numbers per 100k of population have increased substantially including: Malta (370), Portugal (396), Spain (551), Netherlands (587) and the United Kingdom (746)

Below are the trend graphs for Europe with the first group (those with the highest case numbers) all heading in the wrong direction again.

A mixed set of results in the next group with most trending upward except the Ukraine and Germany.

Similarly this next group (which had been in decline) are mostly trending upwards again.

The next group are also trending upward except Belarus and Denmark.

Likewise, all of the smallest case group are trending upward except for Lativa.

... and some individual country graphs:

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Closed Thread