Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 13-10-2006, 09:34 PM   #91
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

I agree with Flappist on the point of everyone thinking it is a crap idea, just because its Holden. If Ford did it everyone would be saying how creative and imaginative it is.
M14A-Mclaren is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2006, 09:54 PM   #92
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Some of you are such stupid children. If the aircraft had FORD or FPV written on the side of it you would all be congratulating Ford marketing on a job well done.
You are joking right? Ford couldn't pull a marketing exercise like this if their lives depended on it.

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2006, 10:01 PM   #93
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkinshaw
You are joking right? Ford couldn't pull a marketing exercise like this if their lives depended on it.
I beg to differ..Ford could pull this sort of stunt..but will not lower themselves to do it!!

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2006, 12:46 AM   #94
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

You'd be popular too!

If you had a blimp
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2006, 12:53 AM   #95
aidansea
ea boy

HAHAHA thats where it went it flew right above my work i went out to have a look and the front was at 45 degrees to the ground i was hoping it would crash lol
aidansea is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2006, 09:46 AM   #96
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I saw it driving back from the Gold coast yesterday, Im sure the traffic jam going the other way was solely caused by this monster sitting only 1000ft or so above the motorway @ springwood. It was doing circle work around the Q Ford dealership......
It was incredibly distracting...

lets hope it catches fire, AFTER all the crew are out...
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2006, 10:28 AM   #97
Psycho Chicken
Banned

I know we're all talking about it so it must of worked, but who is seriously going to buy a car because they saw a big long red buzzing thing?
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2006, 11:07 PM   #98
Falcon Freak
Banned

Holden states that their airship is legal - no argument there. But Holden's marketing ploy is not ethical. If you want to advertise at sporting events then you must pay for the privelage. Free loaders are not welcome no matter who they are.

Link to new article

FF
Falcon Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2006, 09:07 PM   #99
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well it seems like others don't like the holden blimp either.

On the news tonight, it is to be banned in Queensland airspace.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2006, 09:24 PM   #100
Sprint_ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

oh how i wish that the blimp could get closer to me when im working on highrises when i have a nail gun laying round
Sprint_ED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2006, 10:05 PM   #101
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Well it seems like others don't like the holden blimp either.

On the news tonight, it is to be banned in Queensland airspace.

Apparently it has to do with a Ford sponsored sporting body..something to do with cricket.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2006, 12:23 AM   #102
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's being over our place.. I wanna get a giant paint ball cannon and start painting that thing blue..

Or just shoot it down.
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2006, 10:42 AM   #103
Hawk
I am The Brain!

Plenty has been said about it. Now for my two cents worth...

It is a blatant ambush marketing tactic. Simple fact. I do like Peter Young's wording of "Parasite marketing". People will praise them for having such an idea and, in a marketing sense, it is a good idea. In terms of whether it is a smart move on Holden's part, again you could say it is...because all of the controversy is attracting more attention to Holden.

Having said that though, I wouldn't expect too much coverage of the blimp during the Ashes...and certainly would be surprised if we found it flying over the grounds during the matches. The legal team at CA know their stuff (I remember during the Boxing Day Test last year the General Manager of Legal Affairs told a group of guys wearing orange t-shirts [I think with Wizard's logo on them] to turn them inside out or leave the ground)...and the Marketing Services guys will not want to let a rival to a major sponsor in Ford get the better of them....so we will see what happens.

I know one staff member in particular at CA has a helicopter licence.....

Woohoo 1.6L 1999 Toyota Corolla....feel the power!

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant.
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2006, 02:01 PM   #104
Hawk
I am The Brain!

Hot off the press....

----------------------------------------
MEDIA RELEASE

26 October 2006

Cricket Australia welcomes Queensland blimp ban

Cricket Australia Chief Executive Officer James Sutherland today congratulated the Queensland Government for deciding to ban hot air advertising blimps from major events such as imminent 3 mobile Test cricket.

“Congratulations to Queensland for being first cab off the rank - - we look forward to other states doing the same as quickly as possible,” he said.

Cricket Australia has written to all State Governments and to the Federal Government pointing out safety concerns and its concern that parasite marketing could threaten Australia’s ability to stage major sporting events.

“State governments have protected events such as the Olympics, the Commonwealth Games and the imminent World Swimming Championships from predators using devices such as advertising blimps.

“Similarly, it is common place for major events such as the recent Football World Cup in Germany or the imminent International Cricket Council World Cup to have legislated protection from ambush marketers trying to sneak a free ride at the expense of legitimate sponsors who make such events possible.

“We argued that what is good for these sorts of global events is good for Australia as well, and congratulate Queensland for setting the pace.”

Woohoo 1.6L 1999 Toyota Corolla....feel the power!

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant.
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2006, 02:10 PM   #105
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its proves how arrogant and ignorant Holden are to suit themselves. Pretty desperate I say
ED Classic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2006, 02:10 AM   #106
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Freak
Holden states that their airship is legal - no argument there. But Holden's marketing ploy is not ethical. If you want to advertise at sporting events then you must pay for the privelage. Free loaders are not welcome no matter who they are.

Link to new article

FF
Smartest contribution yet.

This blimp is legal to fly orbits within certain boudaries in controlled airspace, ATC will have them maintain a flight level of say 500 feet within a say 3 nautical mile radius. Holden's blimp is legal, but as Falcon freak has correctly pointed out, it is unethical.

To effectively hijack ones costly marketing efforts by having the competitions big dumb loophole circle overhead is plainly wrong, and I despise Holden even more for the inequitious tactics that they employ to pedal their Korean wares. To me, it is an act of desperation that a company would try to make regular, uninvited appearances to events because their product is not selling as well as they would have hoped. You can bet it will be there, and at the melbourne cup, and basically anywhere else they can try to squeeze a sale out of you from.

My solutions, Firstly, sporadically release pigeons throughout the day as some ceremony. Casa will not let them near it.

Secondly, CA should get a number of weather balloons, fill them with helium and have them on strings moored to sections of the park. Have advertising on them like ford or CA, and make sure the ropes to hold them are 500 feet long. This way Holden will only be allowed to enter at a minimum of 750-1000 feet, and here they are starting to encroach upon minimum separations for flight paths. My suggestion, nobody gets hurt, nobody is endangered, Holden is too far away to be noticed and everyone enjoys the cricket.

As for mr Achnackenbfefferhausen, relax, Holdenburg was hilarious. BTW, that picture of the holdenburg is not real, it occurred during the day and the hindenburg actually pitched nose forward and crashed. Secondly, heve you ever burnt hydrogen, it burns clear. The orange flash was the paint used on the canvas of the body, and it was ignited by the mooring rope on the nose of the hindenburg, the mooring tower was about 500 feet in front when it ignited, not seen in the pictures of the real event. So again, the picture referred to as Holdenburg is doctored, probably a still taken from a movie and ergo, not the actual footage of those perishing.

Quote: