Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 24-02-2006, 07:35 PM   #91
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Clearly we have oxygen thieves in this world.

I could try and have a battle of wits in this debate,
but clearly I'd be fighting unarmed men.

Quote:
Powered by GE
Old 24-02-2006, 07:52 PM   #92
jcxr
Tribal Elder

yella ute, you shouda just taken the old blokes walking frame out for a drive one nigt and trashed the side of the suckers cars.
Old 24-02-2006, 07:53 PM   #93
Hardtopxb
Once PHASED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd

Mate, they would also be naked...
Old 24-02-2006, 08:04 PM   #94
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

hey old people are good for something, keeping old falcons in good nic!
Old 24-02-2006, 09:45 PM   #95
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardtopxp
Mate, they would also be naked...
Ah yes but maybe THEY might be witty, educated and well dressed enough to recognise a parody of a famous Monty Python sketch from the 1960s....
Old 25-02-2006, 02:02 AM   #96
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakai
Note the witty quip and smilie at the end of what I said. That means that it was only said for the irony (given the current line of conversation) and the sake of saying it.
I was being tongue-in-cheek too. That's why I called you sonny, sonny!

This thread has been good; it's solved quite a few inter-generational relationship problems but it hasn't solved:

- what to do about the people who park their trolley just in front of where you're looking on the shelves
- how to race someone to the end of the queue while remaining cool and polite about it
- how to stop your child calling you daddy and pretending you don't know them when they've just rammed the trolley into the back of somebody's ankles
- how to deal with someone you beat to a parking spot but they get road rage about it
- whether its possible to age from an angry young man to a stupid old fart while waiting in a Coles checkout queue
- whether you should ask the checkout chick who put the 3 litre milk on top of the bread out for a date
- how many items you can carry out of an Aldi store on your person when you don't have the dollar for the trolley and aren't given a bag

I had an old fart misjudge a U turn in a supermarket carpark in his Camry, hit the towbar tongue on my Territory, trashed his bumper bar and took off without stopping. I now have some Toyota appliance white paint on my towball and there's a 90 year old hit and run driver with a Camry somewhere on the loose out there.
Old 25-02-2006, 12:01 PM   #97
FordGirl
The Goodz' PR Manager

I work at a GO-LO store (Crazy Clarks, The Warehouse, Chicken Feed type store) and pension day would easily be our busiest day.

The days I'm on registers, being abused is nothing new. I had an old man abuse me for close to 15 minutes because I overcharged him. I made him pay $10.00 for a $9.99 DVD... he told me he would take the whole store to consumer affairs due to us overcharging him and having false advertising. I told him I was more than happy to refund the cash and he can pay by eftpos, therefor paying only $9.99 and incurring a $1.00 bank fee, the choice was his.

I have had people abuse me for overcharging them .12c, they stand there and hold up a massive line of people so that they can get their .10c back.

I've had people return goods for the most retarded reasons, a woman returned a 6pack of solo 300ml bottles or something, with only 4 bottles left saying "it tasted too sour, it wasn't right". It's SOLO it's not meant to taste like candy!

Then you get the thieves, a couple of christmases ago an old woman tried to hide a frozen CHICKEN underneath her HAT, however, due to it being frozen on her head, she fainted as she was walking out of the store.

I hate people.
Old 25-02-2006, 08:15 PM   #98
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Ah yes but maybe THEY might be witty, educated and well dressed enough to recognise a parody of a famous Monty Python sketch from the 1960s....
Picked it straight away. One of the best sketches ever!
Old 04-04-2009, 05:13 PM   #99
JMOF
Starter Motor

I guess before you become old and wise you have to young and stupid :
Old 04-04-2009, 05:17 PM   #100
kenz
BOSS Pilot

Jeez someones had the old spade and shovel out today for a bit of thread mining havnt they....

Blue SY Territory Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
No matter how good the F6 is (and it is damn good), its missing two cylinders.
Old 04-04-2009, 05:22 PM   #101
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Old 04-04-2009, 05:24 PM   #102
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

I'm wondering why someone joins a car forum and thinks digging this up from years ago is a worthwhile first contribution.
Closed Thread