Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Closed Thread

Old 15-02-2005, 11:10 PM   #91
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordy
This is just for the v8's atm, it still might need some cleaning up but i reckon its close.

Factory Stock.
Cars are to be run as purchased.
No mods with standard tyres.
Tyres can be replaced with same tyre equivalent.

Performance Street.
All bolt ons allowed incl chip, edit or other
Must stay N/A.
Must run 98 octane fuel.
Un opened engines.
Standard manifold, Oversize throttle bodies allowed.
Tyres, can run changes to equavalent ratings, NO adr or Drags (RWC Standards)
All body parts must stay intact.
No removal of exhaust components.
Aftermarket Exhaust allowed
Must run Cats.
No body mods allowed or chassis changes.
No Diff/ratio change

Modified Street.
Street slicks and wider tyres allowed.
No Cubic Engine changes in this section other than standard rebuild which retain stock internals.
Cam Changes allowed
Diff Changes allowed
Must run Cats.
Must run 98 octane fuel.
Manifold change allowed
Carby/injector change allowed
Shift kit allowed

Pro Street
Body mods allowed eg headlight, tailgates..
Full race slicks allowed
Cubic inch change allowed
Any exhaust allowed
Race fuel allowed
Open engine
Cam change
Diff/ratio change
Any engine, trans, diff combo allowed as long as its from the same facory, eg top loader into EB, yes, chev into te cortina, no.

Outlaw Street.
All mechanical restrictions removed.
No chassis changes
All forms of power adders allowed. (Turbo’s S/C NO2).
I like that, only thing I'd change is put shiftkits into the Performance street to allow the autos a fair chance at the manuals. Everythign else is great and I think pretty fair...including for the I6 NA's

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Old 15-02-2005, 11:16 PM   #92
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:

Performance Street.
Must stay N/A.
Must run 98 octane fuel.
Un opened engines.
Must run Cats.
No Diff/ratio change
Hi Johnny, So we can run a Hi-stall but no diff ratio change, a GT or some XR8 Sedan's have 3.45's this comes under the same class as your Ute Johnny with 3.23's..
a diff change is not a power adder, or making anything stonger if you are running all the stock Ford driveline, i think this shouldn't be in the opened engine class.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Old 15-02-2005, 11:17 PM   #93
Sylox
Uterus M.I.A.

Modified Street.
No Cubic Engine changes in this section other than standard rebuild which retain stock internals.
Cam Changes allowed
Diff Changes allowed
Must run Cats.
Must run 98 octane fuel.
Manifold change allowed
Shift kit allowed
-----------------

What about head work using standard heads ???
Can the E-series guys and au1&2 use bigger throtle bodies
Are manifolds allowed to be modified/changed ??
Stall convertor

Cause if that drops us into the next category PRO STREET we are then playing with the blown strokers etc etc EG Stroked Boss 290 with Race fuel slicks and blower 700+kw XR6T similar figures ++++ Better still Au with a 392ci motorsport crate motor and blower :

Last edited by Sylox; 15-02-2005 at 11:25 PM.
Old 15-02-2005, 11:22 PM   #94
Fordy
EMC-Benzenes Detailing

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFPV8
Hi Johnny, So we can run a Hi-stall but no diff ratio change, a GT or some XR8 Sedan's have 3.45's this comes under the same class as your Ute Johnny with 3.23's..
a diff change is not a power adder, or making anything stonger if you are running all the stock Ford driveline, i think this shouldn't be in the opened engine class.
i agree Mark, i actually had it written in under modified street but thought id see what people said first, so i'll add that the ratio can be changed but only to what Ford bring out eg my ute runs 3.23 but autos run 3.45 so thats as high as i can go.
Old 15-02-2005, 11:24 PM   #95
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Johhny, if you allow, a changed gear ratio change for a manual, you must allow 1 size change for all...

Last edited by SpoolMan; 15-02-2005 at 11:25 PM.
Old 15-02-2005, 11:26 PM   #96
Fordy
EMC-Benzenes Detailing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylox
-----------------

What about head work using standard heads ???
Can the E-series guys and au1&2 use bigger throtle bodies
Are manifolds allowed to be modified/changed

Cause if that drops us into the next category PRO STREET we are then playing with the blown strokers etc etc EG Stroked Boss 290 with Race fuel slicks and blower 700+kw XR6T similar figures ++++ Better still Au with a 392ci motorsport crate motor and blower :
Head work will be classed as open engine, throttle bodies are bolt ons so you'd be in Performance street.

Take a look again, blowers and turbos are in the outlaw category, xr6t's will have different class alltogether.
Old 15-02-2005, 11:32 PM   #97
Fordy
EMC-Benzenes Detailing

Quote:
Johhny, if you allow, a changed gear ratio change for a manual, you must allow 1 size change for all...
Sorry Mark i dont agree, i've allowed the shiftkit which is more benefical than a short shifter for us manual guys so i think that balances out, if we were to allow a ratio change for the autos it would only be to 3.7. But hey im just trying to find a way it will work, as its been said before not everyone is going to be happy.
Old 15-02-2005, 11:36 PM   #98
Fordy
EMC-Benzenes Detailing

:

Performance Street.
Must stay N/A.
Must run 98 octane fuel.
Un opened engines.
Must run Cats.
Diff/ratio change allowed but only to what Ford bring out eg my ute runs 3.23 but autos run 3.45 so thats as high as i can go.
Shift Kit allowed

Modified Street.
Cam Changes allowed
Diff Changes allowed
Must run Cats.
Must run 98 octane fuel.
Manifold change allowed
Shift kit allowed
Hi stall allowed. :

Last edited by Fordy; 16-02-2005 at 12:02 AM.
Old 15-02-2005, 11:38 PM   #99
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
:

Performance Street.
Must stay N/A.
Must run 98 octane fuel.
Un opened engines.
Must run Cats.
Diff/ratio change allowed but only to what Ford bring out eg my ute runs 3.23 but autos run 3.45 so thats as high as i can go.
Shift Kit allowed

Modified Street.
Cam Changes allowed
Diff Changes allowed
Must run Cats.
Must run 98 octane fuel.
Manifold change allowed
Shift kit allowed
Perfect!!!!!!

Old 15-02-2005, 11:41 PM   #100
SpoolMan

Quote:
Sorry Mark i dont agree, i've allowed the shiftkit as its been said before not everyone is going to be happy.
Shiftkits are a thing of the past now with these edits we have to use..
Take the AU6 standard ratio is 3.08, but the AU xr6 has 3.45's both these cars are auto's.
Casper let me know if this is wrong..

Old 15-02-2005, 11:46 PM   #101
Fordy
EMC-Benzenes Detailing

Quote:
Take the AU6 standard ratio is 3.08, but the AU xr6 has 3.45's both these cars are auto's.
Well then that would be allowed then.

For example say the pursuit was running 4.11 from factory and my xr was running 3.23 as it is, then i would be allowed to go to the 4.11 without being penalised.
Old 15-02-2005, 11:47 PM   #102
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Yep, thats the ratios.
Might be an option to allow a ratio change in the diff to the XR spec?

Old 15-02-2005, 11:49 PM   #103
Sylox
Uterus M.I.A.

Quote:
Head work will be classed as open engine, throttle bodies are bolt ons so you'd be in Performance street.

Take a look again, blowers and turbos are in the outlaw category, xr6t's will have different class alltogether.
Ok so a EB xr8 with just headwork/cam change/70mm throtle body/explorer manifold would be in prostreet along with cars that have this crate motor from FORD fitted
514CU. IN. 7.5L Performance Crate Engine Assembly
P/N: M-6007-D514*
625HP@6250rpm and 600ft/lbs@4800rpm
+tickle it a little more for some extra neddies with out going to forced induction

If thats the case all the Au windsors that have a cam and a head clean up running mid-low 14's are also up against the big boys. Some attention needs to be payed to this class. A 175rwkw (AU2XLSV8 for example) runs a 14.4 stall + light headwork+2031 cam+ Exhaust & Extractors with ECU mods would be running against the possibility of sub 10second cars is placed into Prostreet. :

And another what exactly is acceptable under this rule No body mods allowed or chassis changes. Is a BA style bonnet from AWC and a bodykit going to breach it, or are we just talking tubs etc

And we can chage cam but not the stall to match :

Last edited by Sylox; 15-02-2005 at 11:58 PM.
Old 15-02-2005, 11:55 PM   #104
SpoolMan

Johnny, if thats what is wanted, and helps get this through, i happy to go along with it. good job.
manual has a factory release of 3.45's that would be your limit.
Auto has a factory release of 3.73's that would be my limit.
or it dont matter whats released in auto or manual form the top ratio of that model is what we can use.
Old 16-02-2005, 12:01 AM   #105
Fordy
EMC-Benzenes Detailing

Quote:
Ok so a EB xr8 with just headwork/cam change/70mm throtle body/explorer manifold would be in prostreet along with cars that have this crate motor from FORD fitted
514CU. IN. 7.5L Performance Crate Engine Assembly
P/N: M-6007-D514*
625HP@6250rpm and 600ft/lbs@4800rpm
+tickle it a little more for some extra neddies with out going to forced induction

If thats the case all the Au windsors that have a cam and a head clean up running mid-low 14's are also up against the big boys. Some attention needs to be payed to this class. A 175rwkw (AU2XLSV8 for example) runs a 14.4 stall + light headwork+2031 cam+ Exhaust & Extractors with ECU mods would be running against the possibility of sub 10second cars is placed into Prostreet. :
Mate theres gotta be some give and take here, if its just a cleanup of the ports and the springs, valve etc havnt been touched then you wouldnt class it as full on head work, im not running rules for andra here its for fun, from what you told me id say that ute would be in modified street.

There's gonna be huge gaps in times in every category, i could change the rods in my ute and still run in the 14's but i'll be up against 10 sec cars.......who cares.........
Old 16-02-2005, 12:02 AM   #106
Fordy
EMC-Benzenes Detailing

I forgot about the histall as pointed above so i've added it in modifed street.
Old 16-02-2005, 12:07 AM   #107
Sylox
Uterus M.I.A.

I'll just race for my own PB's and to compare with other owners out there.

Old 16-02-2005, 12:17 AM   #108
SpoolMan

Quote:
I'll just race for my own PB's and to compare with other owners out there.
thats what i have always done just have fun go for a PB.
Quote:
I forgot about the histall as pointed above so i've added it in modifed street.
All these guy's with modified clutches eg:Mal Woods , will be in this class as well?

Old 16-02-2005, 12:29 AM   #109
Fordy
EMC-Benzenes Detailing

Quote:
thats what i have always done just have fun go for a PB.

All these guy's with modified clutches eg:Mal Woods , will be in this class as well?
Yeah thats a tuff one, would you class that in the same class as a shift kit or a hi stall?? I'll let the big guns decide on that one, personally id say performance street but i know what you mean.
Old 16-02-2005, 12:29 AM   #110
smciner1
Detroit Locker Equiped TM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klawsterfobik

1 Point
Air Cleaner
Intake Modifications
Spark Plugs
Carburettor Jetting
Timing
Premium Unleaded (unless stated by manufacturer as requirement)
Remember way back when standard unleaded had a higher octane than it does now? How will that effect Premium Specified?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJUCY
Simple give the car a rev & have a listen a Windsor makes a sort of wheezy drone similar to an angry Hugh Grant when a Clevo will sound like Satan has woke up with a hangover & realized he is out of coffee & cigarettes
Falcon GT Club of Geelong.
http://www.facebook.com/FalconGTClubGeelong
Old 16-02-2005, 12:31 AM   #111
SpoolMan

Johnny a hi-stall launch's you of the line a good clutch will do the same thing..its all about what revs you can leave the line at..

Old 16-02-2005, 12:38 AM   #112
Fordy
EMC-Benzenes Detailing

Quote:
Johnny a hi-stall launch's you of the line a good clutch will do the same thing..its all about what revs you can leave the line at..
Yes definately but you have to admit it still takes some pedaling to get the clutch right compared to the auto and its histall.....
Old 16-02-2005, 01:22 AM   #113
SpoolMan

A Hi-Stall is not a power adder it just allows you to take off at a higher rev's.
like a clutch does.
Maybe a 3000-rpm limit on the Hi-Stall is the way to go; at 3000 rpm is very street able...
3000 rpm hi stall = Mal Woods Clutch mod, some use the lightened flywheel.
what do you think any good ?
It’s like the diff ratio a little bit of parity.

Last edited by SpoolMan; 16-02-2005 at 01:25 AM.
Old 16-02-2005, 02:50 AM   #114
toby123
Boosted TQE FTW

IMHO the way it was on FF was the best way:

N/A 4
Forced 4
N/A 6
Forced 6
N/A 8
Forced 8

But add a out law class, ie. purpose built race cars (the monza etc.)

Because if we do it the way you have stated people like me and dan will be in outlaw class straight away against the monza OWNED!
That way we know where we stand with the same *type* of engine.
Thats my 2 cents

Toby
Old 16-02-2005, 07:54 AM   #115
strife

I would make the fuel requirements for all classes similar to what andra has

limited to what is available to the general public through a retail petrol station bowser (in at least three ANDRA divisions)
Old 16-02-2005, 09:09 AM   #116
Chris
AFF.com.au

I think the diff ratio and converter stall speed - too hard to police at the track.

The idea of running a modified class with aftermarket tyres will suit diff geared - hi stalled cars, as this all contributed to hitting the tyres harder.

Most people who will run a hi stall and diff gears will need nitto's etc so they will automatically go up one class.

People who can get a hi stalled diff geared car off the line with DOT tyres, now that comes down to driving skill.
Old 16-02-2005, 08:38 PM   #117
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by toby123
IMHO the way it was on FF was the best way:

N/A 4
Forced 4
N/A 6
Forced 6
N/A 8
Forced 8

But add a out law class, ie. purpose built race cars (the monza etc.)

Because if we do it the way you have stated people like me and dan will be in outlaw class straight away against the monza OWNED!
That way we know where we stand with the same *type* of engine.
Thats my 2 cents

Toby
I agree with this. Divide the class's into two class's.

Class one -: 13 sec or slower
Class two -: 13 sec or faster (exhibition maybe?)

Or maybe the time for the V8's could be?

Class one -: 12 sec or slower
Class two -: 12 sec or faster

You get my drift? Rather than trying to figure out what mods people have. Go by the times they have run. If they haven't run? They are automatic class one. Keeping it simple is the best/easiest/stress free way I think.

Brenden

Tuned by Hallam Performance
Old 16-02-2005, 08:54 PM   #118
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenx
I agree with this. Divide the class's into two class's.

Class one -: 13 sec or slower
Class two -: 13 sec or faster (exhibition maybe?)
Not very practicle.... 80% of cars run slower than 13 seconds. Every I6 except the JMM one and STOKEB would be in 1 class.... I say rethink it again. What this is proposing is a "have more money, more mods, so I'm the winner" sort of system. It excludes 99% of people.

Old 16-02-2005, 09:03 PM   #119
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Times would have to be revised for 4/6/8 and forced classes of course but either way its a lot simpler than a class with more than 10 points you have to verfiy to qualify. My times were an example. I think it's about right for the 8's. 4's,6's and forced? I don't know I've never raced them before so I don't know what they are capable of realistically ;)

Brenden

Tuned by Hallam Performance

Last edited by brenx; 16-02-2005 at 09:06 PM. Reason: not enough sleep and too much work
Old 16-02-2005, 09:06 PM   #120
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Where would my car fit into all of this? Turbo but the engine is unopened and no other mods have been done.

I like the Idea of sub 13 second cars being seperate.
A simple one would be to have ba's in a seperate class to others. Both sub 13 and a slower class.
E series and AU v8's together along with the pre BA turbo 6's or even have the pre BA turbo 6's with the BA's??. Sub 13's in a seperate class again.
Then have the NA I6's all together. They are pretty similar in performance. IMO B mock with any DEV 5+ in his hands could run a 13.