Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 08-07-2005, 11:05 AM   #91
Hawk
I am The Brain!

Hope everything is fine Peta.

Woohoo 1.6L 1999 Toyota Corolla....feel the power!

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant.
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2005, 11:10 AM   #92
johnydep
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQuan
I dissagree. Things will continue to decline stedily as they are, and eventually we will end up in WWIII.

I don't think I'm necessarily a pesimist, I'm just realistic. I certainly hope it doesn't get to that, but I think it will.
And who would fight who?

These terrorists live in the country's that they are targeting. They are religuos fanatics that want everyone to live by Sharia Law.

There will be no World War, just world education.

We live in a great time, with a few hassles, but it is all repairable.

Think positve, talk positive and don't let them get to you.
johnydep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2005, 11:14 AM   #93
conordec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

my ex's sister arrived at algate 5 minutes after it happened.
she said it's a mess, but she's ok.
7 aussies injured, 1 critical so far.
conordec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2005, 11:15 AM   #94
Heeno
Formally knowen as EBus

we are basically in ww3, but its not like previous bloody wars, this one is more of an intelligence battle between terrorists and the western world, its been going on now since 2002 thats already 3 years! I was talking to my step dad about this, he's been a medic in the army for about 22 years now and from what he was telling me, the only way to beat the terrorist is to take out their leaders and they will fall, not something easy to do because they are in hiding and getting marters to carry out their deeds!
London was just waiting to happen and so are many other major cities around the world, they won't stop till they get what they want, and we are not going to bend over for them, we will fight and we will win!

It's an extremely sad time for london and its people, i just hope there are no more attacks to follow.
my condolences to those involved in this horrific act and hope they pull through.

Changes: 5 spd manual
Extractors, 2.5in exhaust
AMG Quake 17's w/ maxxis rubba
Lovelle superlows
Cheap a55 Pod Filter

Bike: CR250R 05 :evil3:
Heeno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2005, 11:27 AM   #95
NAK302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnydep
And who would fight who?

These terrorists live in the country's that they are targeting. They are religuos fanatics that want everyone to live by Sharia Law.

There will be no World War, just world education.

We live in a great time, with a few hassles, but it is all repairable.

Think positve, talk positive and don't let them get to you.

you can't educate idiots who are tunnel vision towards meeting allah in the after life. our only hope is to get them there quicker.
NAK302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2005, 12:21 PM   #96
Angry Beaver
Beaver fever

My big beef is that we all have different religous values we all believe in something different. I do not intend to shove the values I hold down the throat of somebody and I expect the same, I do not believe that one religion is better over another. I do believe that we have choices and should be allowed to make those choices of our own free will and with no harm to others. But when people ( or in my book THINGS) believe that their ideals are better than somebody down the road therefore that person is totally wrong, then we have a problem. I most certainly do not believe that anybody should be able to treat another person worse than we treat animals. All these things point to one thing in my book, you can not expect me to take sides in religion arguments but if you mistreat somebody for their beliefs and abuse them in anyway then yes I will be angry and upset. These terriosts are the type of people who will not learn as one person has said they have tunnel vision and they believe that they are right. They need to be weeded out and shown that humanity as a whole will not tolerate abuse to others, no matter what the religion. I am not advocating war nor am I sayiing we shouldnt be involved. The way I see it we are all humans living together on one planet and we should protect each other from being treated worse than animals. Unfortunately alot do not see it that way.
Angry Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2005, 12:26 PM   #97
johnydep
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs casper
My big beef is that we all have different religous values we all believe in something different. I do not intend to shove the values I hold down the throat of somebody and I expect the same, I do not believe that one religion is better over another. I do believe that we have choices and should be allowed to make those choices of our own free will and with no harm to others. But when people ( or in my book THINGS) believe that their ideals are better than somebody down the road therefore that person is totally wrong, then we have a problem. I most certainly do not believe that anybody should be able to treat another person worse than we treat animals. All these things point to one thing in my book, you can not expect me to take sides in religion arguments but if you mistreat somebody for their beliefs and abuse them in anyway then yes I will be angry and upset. These terriosts are the type of people who will not learn as one person has said they have tunnel vision and they believe that they are right. They need to be weeded out and shown that humanity as a whole will not tolerate abuse to others, no matter what the religion. I am not advocating war nor am I sayiing we shouldnt be involved. The way I see it we are all humans living together on one planet and we should protect each other from being treated worse than animals. Unfortunately alot do not see it that way.

Agreed.

One theory is that this is a civil war between muslims. The fanatics are attacking the muslim comunities that live in western countries like westerners, instead of as fanatic muslims.
The fanatics want us to react by attacking all muslims, then we look like the bad ones.
johnydep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2005, 12:50 PM   #98
Hawk
I am The Brain!

Phew. The friend I have over in London is fine, was just talking to another friend who has made contact with him. Apparently his alarm didn't wake him up for work and he slept in until 10am. I don't know if he travels on the affected train lines, but at least he is fine.

I am bloody relieved.

Woohoo 1.6L 1999 Toyota Corolla....feel the power!

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant.
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2005, 12:53 PM   #99
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14A-Mclaren
Well I think those people are protesting the fact that innocent people are being killed in iraq just like in London. But some of them are just ****ers, anti-american hippies.
No matter how much a war is strategically planned there will always be the chance for civillian casulties.

What i find contradictory is these terrorists fight in the name of their god, when it is against any religion to kill.

They think they are right, and we think we are right. I mean basic logic and morality would have it that killing innocent people doesnt solve anything. Some serious screws loose. I mean yes they might have a problem but so do many others.

If we all killed someone because of it there wouldnt be any people on the earth. Australia, America and Britain have been very generous towards these countries showing no descrimination for race or religion and then they do this.

I say soon Australia will be next although i hope im wrong.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2005, 01:21 PM   #100
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Found out our GM is there at the moment.

Hope he's OK.
Old 08-07-2005, 10:53 PM   #101
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

What a shocking chain of events... I was able to find out last night relatively quickly my sister who is in London was ok (she was up in Bristol for work but had passed through the underground stations earlier that morning), but it was quite anxious.

My advice would be send an sms if people over there have a mobile and just keep trying, hopefully you will hear the good news you were after mrs casper & others.

I found the speech by London Mayor Ken Livingstone quite good, I have heard it a couple of times on tv & radio (link to full speech here)

Quote:
Finally, I wish to speak directly to those who came to London today to take life.

I know that you personally do not fear giving up your own life in order to take others - that is why you are so dangerous. But I know you fear that you may fail in your long-term objective to destroy our free society and I can show you why you will fail.

In the days that follow look at our airports, look at our sea ports and look at our railway stations and, even after your cowardly attack, you will see that people from the rest of Britain, people from around the world will arrive in London to become Londoners and to fulfil their dreams and achieve their potential.

They choose to come to London, as so many have come before because they come to be free, they come to live the life they choose, they come to be able to be themselves. They flee you because you tell them how they should live. They don't want that and nothing you do, however many of us you kill, will stop that flight to our city where freedom is strong and where people can live in harmony with one another. Whatever you do, however many you kill, you will fail.
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2005, 12:18 AM   #102
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

For people with Google Earth or Keyhole, the locations are marked on this file for it
M14A-Mclaren is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2005, 12:43 AM   #103
xrgran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC
It certainly is a weird world at the moment but i believe good will prevail and it will be good place ( once the nutters are sorted )

Just how wierd, true story a guy made his way into my daughters class this afternoon, claimed the children were his soldiers, attempted to shove the teacher out the room slaming the door on her arm, but the teacher who in my mind deserves a bravery award ( this guy was not on this planet ) would not take her arn from the door no matter how hard it was being slammed on her, and due to this other teachers were able to force the door open and regain access to the class, it took 5 coppers to hold him down.

who knows what if he got the door closed ?

I will be personally thanking the teacher tomorrow thats for sure.
OMG! That is unbelievable. What an amazing teacher your daughter has there, and thankfully a quick thinking one as well. I think all the parents should band together to recommend her for a bravery award, definately. He sounds like a mental health patient.

I bet there were lot's of hugs and kisses when you got her home : they are a presious resource, our children. i am glad she is fine......
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2005, 12:48 AM   #104
AdzT3-146
own the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by outback_ute

I found the speech by London Mayor Ken Livingstone quite good, I have heard it a couple of times on tv & radio (link to full speech here)
yeh that was a great speech.
apparently there was an Australian on ACA who was caught up in the Bali Bombings, the Boxing Day Tsunami and now this. unlucky, but how so very lucky at the same time.
T3 TE50 #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
Id rather date a goat with syphilous then drive a maloo.
AdzT3-146 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2005, 02:07 AM   #105
Silhouette AU1 TS50.

A friends parents are on holidays in London. They're originally from England and now Australian citizens. Was with him when we found out about the bombings about 10:00pm last night. He tried unsuccessfully to contact his parents. Just spoke to him about 3 hours ago and he still cannot get in contact with his parents. Maan.. I can't help but think of the worst right now. I'm trying to get some sleep.. but it's not happening. I'll try again soon. If I'm this nervous.. the bloke must be worried sick.

edit: Woke up this morning to find a sms from my mate. His Mom range him and they're both ok.. minor injuries to his Dad, but both are fine.

PIC'S OF MY
T1 TS50.

Last edited by 12; 09-07-2005 at 01:33 PM.
12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2005, 09:37 AM   #106
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQuan
A lot of people here still believe we are safe and seperate from the rest of the western world as far as terrorist threat is concerned. Personally I think our chances of attack from terrorists has just escualted.
So what? We've been a target for ages, who cares? The moment we start changing how we live is the moment these dickheads have won.

Yes it'll happen some day, but the chances of getting caught up in it are so slim it's not funny. Don't let this crap change how you run your lives.

A bloody big pat on the back to the poms on the Tube this morning. The trains were empty, but there were the few. They must be a hardened bunch, what after the Blitz, the IRA bombings of the 70's and 80's and now this.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2005, 09:56 AM   #107
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
A bloody big pat on the back to the poms on the Tube this morning. The trains were empty, but there were the few. They must be a hardened bunch, what after the Blitz, the IRA bombings of the 70's and 80's and now this.
Well they don't really have a choice, a situation was forced on them and they are dealing with it, life goes on, they can't just stay home and hide.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2005, 10:05 AM   #108
NAK302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

gotta agree there Psycho. i believe we've been a target a lot longer than we all realise. full credit to the government for trying to be tough on unwanted influxes of foreigners. unfortunatly we have too many bleeding heart leftists that put way too much pressure on the government over immigration, which may be our undoing.
it's strange how some of these people hate our religons and ideals, yet pay huge money to live in western society.
NAK302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2005, 10:07 AM   #109
xrgran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
Well they don't really have a choice, a situation was forced on them and they are dealing with it, life goes on, they can't just stay home and hide.
Exactly right. The minute the Poms all change their daily routines, is the time the terrorists have won. They are a resiliant bunch those English, and should be proud of the way the situation has been handled
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2005, 12:21 PM   #110
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Payback time will come when these weak c#@ts are found.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2005, 09:52 AM   #111
Angry Beaver
Beaver fever

Well we have finally had word that he is ok. He sent an email. Not a happy chappy am I since it took him 48 hours to do so. So he hasnt come out of it unscathed as I sent him an email back stating a few things. But atlease hes ok.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:07 PM   #112
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

lol, atleast he's all good and alive.
M14A-Mclaren is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2005, 01:11 PM   #113
Angry Beaver
Beaver fever

thats true