Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-01-2019, 10:51 AM   #91
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 2020 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500

On Mustang pricing in general guys , are the Aussie dealers in general pretty good with the MSRP pricing on the GT and the Ecoboost ?

I believe in the U.S . there is a huge trend especially on the more exclusive model runs such as the Shelby's to have high "over sticker" pricing on these cars allocated to a particular Ford dealership and people will travel big distances to save money securing a GT350 or GT500 many States away from where they live . Fair enough I suppose but that big increase on the recommended price would be a deal breaker for many I guess but I also guess if you want one of those beauties bad enough you'll do it .

Does the way of securing your Australian spec Mustang limit dealer mark up pricing I suppose is what I'm asking in our country ?
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2019, 03:29 PM   #92
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Default Re: 2020 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500

With plenty of stock it's more likely to have a bit of a discount than pay full rrp. At least now, might have been a different story after it was first released and they were in high demand.

Not sure about Bullitt though. No doubt some dealers tried to get a higher profit on those.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: