Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Default Re: come on fordforumers!! buy a new falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGPIE
73,469 AFF Members x 3 Falcons each = 220,407

I reckon that would make a difference
LOL..would that still equal AU numbers?..jokes

73,469...with about 10% able/ready to buy tomorrow ...if they have logged on and read this thread
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 16-02-2012, 04:51 PM   #92
graham_h
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkey117
i will buy a blown gt in a year or two from someone with more money than me who is prepared to buy a new car and cop the massive depreciation

i will be happy with one from someone scared to give it with low kms and it will go straight to autotech for a zorst and a tune and i will wring its nuts off
+1 couldn't agree more...when a GS is in the low $20's I'm in

just looking on carsales now at 315 GS'

Highest price (brand new) - $61,990
Lowest price (18,000k's - 2010 model) so basically just run in - $46,850

There's the first big hit $15,000 straight up - ouch
Two more years (still no one wants a falcon)
mid 20's will be easy with less than 60k's

Think i might come back to this thread in 2 years and see

Last edited by graham_h; 16-02-2012 at 04:59 PM.
Old 16-02-2012, 04:52 PM   #93
Stagg
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well, from all the statements on this thread, I believe it's safe to say that the Falcon won't be available new in Australia for much longer.

What a pity :(
Old 16-02-2012, 05:35 PM   #94
Majestic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
Sorry but my days of toasting money building big dollar Fords is over!......... I have turned to the dark side of the Force(d induction)
same! no more spending big money modifying fords for me either - I've gone the highly modified GTR route! will never look back!

As for buying a new falcon - I've never bought a new car in my life (and never will). If I wanted a new falcon, I would wait 18months and get a second hand low kms falcon and pay a third less.
Old 16-02-2012, 05:59 PM   #95
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
What does that tell you?
what does it tell me? it tells me that some people for what ever reason don`t like the product , which is fair enough, they may have good reason,
but they continue on sledging the brand at every opportunity whether others have had a good run with the same or not, it does make me wonder why they are on the ford forums at all if that`s all they wish to do.
Old 16-02-2012, 06:05 PM   #96
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No ones going to buy a car that doesn't have 5 years warranty + at least 10 years on the body these days and no Australian built Ford is lasts 10 years in the body. Too many things to fix and unfortunately time for large petrol powered cars simply ran out a couple of years ago, there is no use trying to whip a dead horse back to life
Old 16-02-2012, 07:40 PM   #97
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
what does it tell me? it tells me that some people for what ever reason don`t like the product , which is fair enough, they may have good reason,
but they continue on sledging the brand at every opportunity whether others have had a good run with the same or not, it does make me wonder why they are on the ford forums at all if that`s all they wish to do.
+1 but god forbid if anyone says something negative about any other make that isn't a Holden. All the fascists come out of the woodwork and counter it with how bad they think the Falcon is.
As for me, placing an order on a manual GS ute at the end of May.
Old 16-02-2012, 08:06 PM   #98
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
I don't think this thread has been full of people sledging the brand, but if it has then some people believe it's warranted, just as others may feel it is not.

This forum is a place for all Ford lovers and with so many different models represented on here, a reality is that just like I don't like Cougar, there will be plenty of people who don't like Falcon.

The reason there is a number of people saying they won't be buying a new Falcon in the next 3 years for reasons other than "can't" is because they don't want to.

And that is not their problem, it's Falcon and Commodore's problem. Unfortunately, the proof is in the figures.
Old 16-02-2012, 08:20 PM   #99
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majestic
If I wanted a new falcon, I would wait 18months and get a second hand low kms falcon and pay a third less.
I'm sorry but that has to be the post of the week............
Old 16-02-2012, 08:22 PM   #100
falconator
Regular Yobbo

The writing is on the wall,and change is inevitable!
Old 16-02-2012, 08:28 PM   #101
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

How would I drive 3 falcons, afford 3 insurance premiums and rego's, services and other costs. Plus, even the povo pack falcon is mid 30's? I really think the $90k would be better spent on reducing my mortgage, not keeping FOA in business or keeping the falcon going. But if I was going to buy a new ford and I had $90k to spend, then I'd buy 1 Focus RS, pocket the change and take a holiday.
Old 16-02-2012, 08:33 PM   #102
Donny
Tickford 220kw Windsor...

I wont be buying any new Falcons, or considering buying any new Falcons, or anything else new for that matter.
Why?
1. Massive Depreciation
2. I cant stand the look of the FG, they look like pooh inside and out
3. Im totally happy with my AU XR8 and even my XY GT is getting closer day by day to being where I would like it to be
4. Theres no need for me to spend all my spare money on another car I dont really want or need.
5. (A biggie in my books) I cant stand the way the dealerships are run, the sales people with no clue and all the dramas of warranties etc

If my AU XR8 was written off, destroyed or stolen etc, then Id replace it with another one exactly the same or a T series.

Im not anti Ford in any way, Im happy with what I have and simply dont need or want a newer model..

Old 16-02-2012, 08:36 PM   #103
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK_BA
People all this inuendo about falcons dead, etc etc etc.

Fact is today its a better value proposition than it was 20 years ago, having barely gone up in price and offering so much more.

If 15 years back ford said for $50-70k we are gonna offer a supercharged v8 or a turbocharged 6 cylinder both of which make around 300rwkw and minor mods will see near 400rwkw. Or even a xr6 turbo or fairmont ghia turbo for mid-high 40s

You would have literally dropped your coffee and bolted into your local ford dealer to sign up even blindfolded.

Sure not everyones financial position will allow such a purchase but with some planning surely in next three years we can all buy one of the falcon variants (new).

Whats your future plan to buy a new falcon? Otherwise whats your reason not to buy?

Im going brand new GT, GS or F6 within 3 years. A keeper weekend driver.
Thats a great idea but i would rather put my money back into travelling.
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
Old 16-02-2012, 08:37 PM   #104
Neale
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagg1991
Hot Hatches are a sure fire way of shrinking male appendages, and congrats if it makes it to 100,000kms.
I thought big cars were for compensating for the size of male appendages

Also im sure theres plenty of hatches that make 100,000. Ive owned 3 of them that have gone past it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepscobra
Don't really understand your point?

The Falcon has been the foundation of Ford Australia for over 50 years!
Do an audit of the ratio of threads here on Falcons vs other topics.

We are not discussing the future of Ford in Australia here, we are discussing the future of Ford local product and manufacturing! If Falcon dies, so does this local connection. No doubt FoA will soldier on, but as an importer only.
Sure, we will continue to buy imported Fords, but what makes them different to any other import?

You've missed the point totally.

In the past ford have made more than just Falcons in australia, If the demand grows for small or medium sized cars theres no reason why ford couldnt build the focus or mondeo here.

In saying that, regardless of what people buy, my money would be on Ford ditching the Modeo, Falcon & Taurus then going to a global platform like the Fusion.
Then build it in the cheapest country they can. The same way they did with the Focus.
Old 16-02-2012, 08:43 PM   #105
comagutsa
Pethy FG XR8 Ute

bloody hell i just came back from ford and looked at the new GS ute mk2 ...and for some reason the price has gone up to $57k on road ...haha tell them to stick it ...he went on to say its got a new front end and touch screen .. i laugh again and said said so is that were your extra $7k has gone ....
no wonder they cant sell cars

for the change over at that price i will supercharge my XR8...they offered me $28k for my ute thats done 7800kms (but that was alot more than i thought they were going to offer)...just need to find the other $30k = they can go get stuffed
now fitted with Koya Inox R1's, the rears are 20x10 with a 40mm offset and the fronts are 20x8.5 with a 35mm offset

total of 285.5 rwkw and 642nm
when Herrod cams in 290rwkw

GSXR 750K7 with goodies, dyno'd 136rwhp,
10.567sec for the strip
Old 16-02-2012, 09:00 PM   #106
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by comagutsa
bloody hell i just came back from ford and looked at the new GS ute mk2 ...and for some reason the price has gone up to $57k on road ...haha tell them to stick it ...he went on to say its got a new front end and touch screen .. i laugh again and said said so is that were your extra $7k has gone ....
no wonder they cant sell cars

for the change over at that price i will supercharge my XR8...they offered me $28k for my ute thats done 7800kms (but that was alot more than i thought they were going to offer)...just need to find the other $30k = they can go get stuffed
Mate got a quote yesterday for a GS, $53,500 drive away including everything (leather, Premium sound etc), only thing missing is the Hard lid through Knox Ford ...... Cant see the reason you would tell them to get stuffed? I went to a MERC dealer and they wanted $140,000 for what I wanted ..... I didnt tell em to get stuffed though. Is that how you negotiate these days? Doing it wrong must be

Have bought a car a year for 4 years now .... doing my bit and will absolutely certainly be continuing to do so. Have had every model new since XD and have a reason I still do as long as the quality and price continues as it has.

Have had no problems with getting things fixed (nothing really to speak of in near 30 years), have had minor 'service' discussions with dealers but has always been resolved. I am MORE than impressed with the Falcon range, especially the FG being way superior to the VE (Spent the last 2 days in a VE Calais ..... NEVER EVER EVER tell me the FG is worse .... terrible piece of 'engineering' and 'quality')

Problem is (to the large Ozzie manufacturers) there is just way too much choice that everyone can have what ever they think is important to them. If it isn't the FG at the moment ..... no probs but it is the best Falcon and certainly the best Australian built to date.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 16-02-2012, 09:02 PM   #107
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If I had money to throw around, I absolutely would...

But I don't...

And I'd buy a nice house right now if I had the money...

But I don't....

Don't snap my undies.
Old 16-02-2012, 09:26 PM   #108
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
How would I drive 3 falcons, afford 3 insurance premiums and rego's, services and other costs. Plus, even the povo pack falcon is mid 30's? I really think the $90k would be better spent on reducing my mortgage, not keeping FOA in business or keeping the falcon going. But if I was going to buy a new ford and I had $90k to spend, then I'd buy 1 Focus RS, pocket the change and take a holiday.
Try reading the thread for gods sake (or at least what people are replying to)

I was just hypothesizing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Wouldn't matter if everyone on AFF bought 3 each, it would make not one iota of difference, its dead

Last edited by MAGPIE; 16-02-2012 at 09:31 PM.
Old 16-02-2012, 09:38 PM   #109
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by xisled
I will never buy another falcon new and there is 1 main reason.

I was driving my 2003 BA XT. I had owned it since 2004. The rear brake lines burst due to a recall and nearly ended up in a tree. The brakes went to the floor.

I took it to my local mechanic who told me that he called Ford and was told this was a recall item.

So I took the car to Ford, my dad picked up the car and asked where the letter was for a recall, the service manager said Ford do not send letters out for recalls any longer.

Yet my parents 1996 Mitsubishi Magna had a recal for the fire wall, they bough the car in 2003 and in 2004 got a letter for a firewall recall.

Why should I buy a new Falcon when they do not send recall letters for a big safty issue.
If you bought the car second hand, which if you got a 2003 in 2004 then i'd assume you did, the reason you never got the recall letter is because they had no knowledge of who owns the car after it was sold. The original owner gets the recall letter, I got a safety recall letter last year for my Territory that I sold about 8 years ago because i'm the original owner.

Ford have no way of knowing who owns the car involved in a recall, just who the first owner was, they print notices in newspapers and its sometimes mentioned on TV, to try to inform second or third or whatever owners of the problem.

Whoever told you they don't send out recall letters is a moron.
Old 16-02-2012, 09:48 PM   #110
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:

How many are active members or old enough to actually drive though.

Does anyone know how many of those 70k odd members are active or have visited here at least once in the past year?
Old 16-02-2012, 09:51 PM   #111
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
Plus, even the povo pack falcon is mid 30's?
At (around) $35,000 drive away for an FG11 XR6 ..... is this now the povo pack Falcon??? Not a bad povo pack must say.

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 16-02-2012, 09:51 PM   #112
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
How many are active members or old enough to actually drive though.

Does anyone know how many of those 70k odd members are active or have visited here at least once in the past year?
I give up
Old 16-02-2012, 10:01 PM   #113
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
I don't think this thread has been full of people sledging the brand, but if it has then some people believe it's warranted, just as others may feel it is not.

This forum is a place for all Ford lovers and with so many different models represented on here, a reality is that just like I don't like Cougar, there will be plenty of people who don't like Falcon.

The reason there is a number of people saying they won't be buying a new Falcon in the next 3 years for reasons other than "can't" is because they don't want to.

And that is not their problem, it's Falcon and Commodore's problem. Unfortunately, the proof is in the figures.
every one is entitled to their opinion Scott and that`s good, but some seem to take it to the next level continually, i look back over seven years on this forum and often it`s the same dudes like a broken record, it does become a bit of a downer after a while.
Old 16-02-2012, 10:06 PM   #114
martyk54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny
I wont be buying any new Falcons, or considering buying any new Falcons, or anything else new for that matter.
Why?
1. Massive Depreciation
2. I cant stand the look of the FG, they look like pooh inside and out
3. Im totally happy with my AU XR8 and even my XY GT is getting closer day by day to being where I would like it to be
4. Theres no need for me to spend all my spare money on another car I dont really want or need.
5. (A biggie in my books) I cant stand the way the dealerships are run, the sales people with no clue and all the dramas of warranties etc

If my AU XR8 was written off, destroyed or stolen etc, then Id replace it with another one exactly the same or a T series.

Im not anti Ford in any way, Im happy with what I have and simply dont need or want a newer model..
Irony. Most would agree that AU is comfortably the worst looking Falcon ever built. Just saying.

FG is a far superior automobile to AU so why wouldn't you take one if money wasn't an issue? Anyone who purchases a new car surely knows they'll lose money on it quickly, its part and parcel of the experience. But no, someone else's stinky, sweaty **** hasn't been in the seat. Win.

I must admit that I've purchased a new Ute on a novated lease partly because of their superior 2nd hand market saleability / FAR less depreciation compared to sedan... I love new cars and will upgrade every 2-3 years till I retire.
Old 16-02-2012, 10:11 PM   #115
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

The $36000 Kia Optima offers way more then the same priced G6...

A G6 doesn't even get leather, a Optima does...

This is why the Falcon and commodore are loosing favor.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 16-02-2012, 10:35 PM   #116
Bossxr8
Peter Car

But its a medium 4 cylinder car, so compare apples with apples.
Old 16-02-2012, 10:37 PM   #117
Kryton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau
At (around) $35,000 drive away for an FG11 XR6 ..... is this now the povo pack Falcon??? Not a bad povo pack must say.
How is it not a povo pack?
Its a povo pack with a body kit essentially.
Old 16-02-2012, 10:39 PM   #118
P6LTD351
Blue Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
The $36000 Kia Optima offers way more then the same priced G6...

A G6 doesn't even get leather, a Optima does...

This is why the Falcon and commodore are loosing favor.
This. Gone are the days where you had to buy a large car t o get all the features and gizmos. In fact, it is now the other way around; the smaller cars have more kit.

Unfortunately I think the cars in my sig will become collector's items in a few years.
1986 XF Fairmont Ghia 4.1L EFI Regency Red, trip computer, venetians - 163Ks
1979 P6 LTD 351, Goldust - 185Ks
1989 Mazda MX5, Red 1.6L, 5sp manual - 102Ks
Old 16-02-2012, 10:43 PM   #119
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
Because there is the XT and it is not mid 30's

Quote:
Yes?

The GT is a povo pack with a body kit, different engine and leather essentially.

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 16-02-2012, 10:54 PM   #120
martyk54

Quote:
Povo compared to what though? XR6 even gets the new big colour screen now, what else has more kit for the money?
Closed Thread