Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 05:36 PM   #91
GhiaEB
2004 TX Territory

Default Re: Attempted HOME INVASION for my FPV F6.

To the OP I'm glad you and your family are alright. I would hate to be put in the situation you were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodewd
Are you sure u want to end up with annual gun death stats just like in the USA? Are you really sure you want that here? Sounds utterly retarded to me

Just give break and enter offences much stiffer sentences - 10 years. Then you would see a lot less.
Comments like these really get at me. You cannot compare the US and Australia without looking at per capita. You should have a look at this, in the year 2006 Australia was ranked 18th in murders per capita for the whole world!
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cr...ers-per-capita

You can increase the all the maximum sentences you want, but it's up to courts to issue the maximum, and they rarely do.

Cheers

Now a AWD TX Territory Daily
P6 Silver Monarch Weekender

And on 2 Wheels,
ZZR 250

Can do mixer shaft replacement on BA-BF Falcon and SX-SY, fix your heater Today. PM For more details

For sale: Heaps of Territory bits and bobs including front brembo doglegs, NOS I-design territory body kit painted offshore, also FPV 290 engine bits. FS thread here http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11397826 Pm for more details.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:42 PM   #92
BHDOGS
Banned

Brilliant thread I believe this has hit home to many people and will encourage them to take good security measures and I applaud
Everyone for keeping it civil what serial fool has said is correct in self defense the police would have to charge u but no jury would ever convict u as has been said the police follow the law there not there to enforce the justice a judge or jury would vindicate u without hesitation
Old 02-02-2012, 05:46 PM   #93
macman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Being in Perth myself (and S.O.R) this really worries me. In my suburb there has been TWO similar incidents recently. One was an armed break-in, the other was an armed break-in (specifically for the car) which was a B-series XR8.

There's a TE50, a TS50 and an EVO at my place. We'll block them in every evening with the old Laser from now on. If it gets much worse, I'll be doing what my mate suggested - removing a wheel every evening...

Last edited by macman; 02-02-2012 at 06:06 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-02-2012, 05:53 PM   #94
superfly
Go the Hogster!

Whoa, I can't believe what I'm reading! Glad that everyone is ok.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:08 PM   #95
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

WOW, well done and lucky you saw the lights come on at the back and you saw these dudes coming or the story may have been different.

As has been suggested I believe this is a result of car being harder / impossible to steel so these dudes now rely on home invasions and car jackings.....

Whilst I believe in defending yourself and if caught in the same position would like a nice shottie in my possession, it is well documented that in the states most people end up getting shot by their own weapon in these cases.

All round pretty F'd up situation..
Old 02-02-2012, 06:10 PM   #96
Fireblade
Wizard Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
That's terrible to hear, I'm sorry it happened to you. It is unfortunate when you can't even have a nice car for fear of something like this happening.

I have security lights all over the front of the house, a big street light out front, and this in the backyard:

Generally helps deter people, and there isn't much that gets past him. Even people walking up the street will have him poking his head over the fence.

Yep these guys stick their head over the fence at the smallest sound, you would be stupid just walking in the front yard would have these 2 going off let alone jumping the back fence, they are a lot bigger than in this picture now too. I work afternoon shift every second week so I'm safe in the knowledge the missus and the boy can just let them in and they're reasonably safe. The Brown one is a freakin psycho and the black one is very protective of the wife, even more now she is pregnant again.

To the OP sorry to hear about your experience and hope you can recover and start to feel safe again soon.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:25 PM   #97
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

"Shh...this is the place...let's sneak in here...Awww...what cute widdle doggies OH JESUS CHRIST IT'S GOT MY HAND OH CHRIST IT'S OFF IT'S TORN IT OFF ARRRRGHH! ARRRRGH I'M BLEEDING TO DEATH!!!!""
Old 02-02-2012, 07:17 PM   #98
davefromperth

Glad things worked out reasonably well in the end, the family and you are safe, thats all that counts in the end. One of my collegues had his Monaro stolen from Bertram one night, they broke in and took his wifes purse and the keys to his CV8, was found a few days later locked up on the side of the road in Kewdale. I live in Kwinana, yet feel reasonably safe as I have a Staffy/Ridgeback cross and an Amstaff/Bully cross. Awesome dogs if they know you, dont bother trying to get in if they dont, as I know Indi would tear them apart. The front door has a sand wedge handy, so good luck getting in that way too. But if they do get in while Im asleep, the car keys are on the table, help yourself, its insured for an agreed value.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:34 PM   #99
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fords 'R' Cool
Thanks fellas.

I've been reading comments that hint I should have just handed over the keys to have prevented something???
But you guys were not there and have NO IDEA what you are talking about.

There were no verbal demands from them at all, they were just trying to smash the door down and get inside and I had my wife and two small kids in there. (4yo & 6month.)

Put yourself in my shoes, you have two masked men still trying their best to break down your door and get inside knowing that you have already called the police.
They don't tell you what they want, all you know is that they are desperate to get inside for nothing good.
That tells me that these two were very dangerous and could be capable of anything.
Now would you bend over and just surrender?

Honestly do I care that I 'illegally' armed myself with a big carving knife?
No freaking way and if they had tried to climb up through the window (I held the higher ground.) I know I would have used lethal force against them without hesitation.

Sorry but I wasn't gambling with my family's safety and just hope they wouldn't get hurt if we cooperated with them.
And if I had killed one or both and had to go to gaol for it, then pack my bags.
It's a very small price I'm willing pay when it comes to ensuring the safety of my missus and kids.

You can't imagine how glad I am it actually never came to that but I don't regret any of my actions and would do it all again if I was forced into the same situation.

Lets just hope it's the first and the last time I see them.
(Unless it's at their court trial.)
You did well mate.

No jury in the country would send a man protecting his family, house and property to jail in a situation like this. Anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot, and advice to give them to give what they want in this situation is just dumb.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:57 PM   #100
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
You did well mate.

No jury in the country would send a man protecting his family, house and property to jail in a situation like this. Anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot, and advice to give them to give what they want in this situation is just dumb.

2 for this comment.....

given the same circumstances any bloke worth his cotton jocks would defend to death his wife, kids and possessions

I really feel for you and your family to have this happen

I can only hope for better times ahead for you and yours and these oxygen thieves meet someone who is better armed and will not "stand idly by!"

I'm old fashioned and believe that a mans home is his castle....pass the drawbridge uninvited and prepare to meet the consequences......

to hell with the aftermath, what will be will be ......but I will not go quietly into the night

chin up, you have far more supporters in your action than doomsayers!

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
Old 02-02-2012, 09:22 PM   #101
ZDI-970
Formerly D3v[]

good work mate, glad to hear your family is safe, i hope they find the scum before they do it to anyone else!
as for those saying they wish we could have firearms for self defence, what a stupid idea, then the crooks would have guns for 'self defence' as well and could use them to rob houses...
Old 02-02-2012, 10:32 PM   #102
au11futura
ROCKING THE EL FUTURA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serial_Fool
And the National Firearms Agreement of 1996 that all the states signed says self defense is not a valid reason for owning or using a firearm and mandates by law firearms have to be within a gun safe when not in use and ammunition in a seperate, locked container.

If you pull out a shotgun and you're forced to use it against a jacked up needlehead (but still unarmed or with a minor melee weapon), you're going to jail.

That's because the self defense laws in this country work on escalation. If you are punched, you can't draw a knife. If you are stabbed, you can't shoot. If you are being shot at, you probably still can't shoot because you're too busy trying to get the damn gun safe open, reassemble the bolt, and insert ammunition.
dont need to put ammo in it mate they just have to see it, but ye by the time i rush to get the safe open to get the pistol out they could be in the house..

its best to call the cops straight away and put the family in a safe room some times it helps to shout at the intruders it can scare them away..

My build that was http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11267696

ENVI BA XR6T
BUILD THREAD..http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11345961 TAKEN BY THE EX
NOW A EL FUTURA

EB MONTY NOW IN THE SHED
BACK IN THE E-SERIES

THREAD DIGGEr
Old 02-02-2012, 10:34 PM   #103
GazzF6
Perth WA
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodewd
Are you sure u want to end up with annual gun death stats just like in the USA? Are you really sure you want that here? Sounds utterly retarded to me

Just give break and enter offences much stiffer sentences - 10 years. Then you would see a lot less.
To many people with unlicensed firearms "already" roaming the streets shooting up the town, have you not been reading the papers, watching the news?

Our two wheeled friends seem to be shooting at each other all over Australia at the moment.. How would you like to be caught in the middle of that with a wooden spoon, Guns don't kill.. It's People that pull the triggers!

Jails are already overcrowded, why do you think most sentences are so short.

2016 Jaguar XE Black Pack R-Sport
Old 02-02-2012, 10:40 PM   #104
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Thanks fellas.

I've been reading comments that hint I should have just handed over the keys to have prevented something???

There were no verbal demands from them at all, they were just trying to smash the door down and get inside and I had my wife and two small kids in there. (4yo & 6month.)

Put yourself in my shoes, you have two masked men still trying their best to break down your door and get inside knowing that you have already called the police.
They don't tell you what they want, all you know is that they are desperate to get inside for nothing good.
That tells me that these two were very dangerous and could be capable of anything.

No freaking way and if they had tried to climb up through the window (I held the higher ground.) I know I would have used lethal force against them without hesitation.

Sorry but I wasn't gambling with my family's safety and just hope they wouldn't get hurt if we cooperated with them.
And if I had killed one or both and had to go to gaol for it, then pack my bags.
It's a very small price I'm willing pay when it comes to ensuring the safety of my missus and kids.

You can't imagine how glad I am it actually never came to that but I don't regret any of my actions and would do it all again if I was forced into the same situation.

Good on you mate, you did the right thing, id have done the same aswell.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:48 PM   #105
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

so people expect the OP(generally speaking, a lot of people are against defending your home) to sit back and watch him and his family get assaulted? please...

you don't know what the intruders are armed with, you don't know what they're capable of, most of all, you wouldn't know what you'd do until you're in his shoes...

In my opinion, if an intruder is willing to go to great lengths to break into an occupied house knowingly that people are there, they're asking to be put down

do-gooders view: ask intruder what weapon if any, he is carrying, do-gooder will assess whether or not they're a threat to do-gooders life..
by than, you're dead, sorry just sayin'...
Old 02-02-2012, 10:58 PM   #106
Bumbl3b33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior
There was a case here in Wait Awhile with the old bloke who shot an intruder with his shottie and got off for it, ie the Police didn't charge him with anything. However, he was elderly and is full time carer for his disabled wife and he barricaded himself in his bedroom and they still tried to get to him and he warned them several times that he had a gun and he'd shoot if they continued to try and get in

Anything less than that (ie overwhelming mitigating circumstances in your defence) you'd probably get done by the cops for shooting the perp
You just summed up the irony to the "free world".

Well mate, I am glad you and your family are alright. I know what you are going through, because I had to live with that reality for 17 years, everyday of my life. You did the right thing by yourself and your family. I reckon one should have undesputed freedom to protect YOUR FAMILY AND HOME. Unfortunately, the police will always be too late. Plus the government and system fails us.

But as I stated, happy you are alright mate!
Old 02-02-2012, 11:07 PM   #107
MWTB
I'm old and I fell

I know everyone's been saying it, but good on you.

No one knows how they would act in a situation like that until they are in that situation, and when you are put in that situation, thats when you find out who you really are.

I've never been in that exact situation before, being 20 and not having kids or a wife so I don't know what I'd do. I'd like to think that I'd act the way you did, but until the time comes (which I hope it never does), I, and no one else will ever know.

I agree with the notion that a man should be able to do whatever it takes to defend his family against marauders. The fact that children were involved shouldn't matter because breaking and entering is wrong regardless, but defense of your child is definitely going to matter more to you than the possibility of going to jail, so I think whatever force you deem necessary at the time, is necessary.

If the police turn up late and you end up in court, what did the honestly expect you to do. To hand over the keys and HOPE that your family doesn't get 'Law Abiding Citizen'-ed right in front of you? What a ******* joke our legal system is.

82lb injectors, Walbro fuel pump, bigger cooler, Plazmaman piping, SS Growler, tune, ZF tune, Crow valve springs so far.

Ozracing coilovers, Pedders sway bars front and rear.

315rwkw
Old 03-02-2012, 01:10 AM   #108
Scott

Quote:
Thanks fellas.

Mate, I was one of those who mentioned handing keys over, but you had explicitly stated that there was no opportunity to talk let alone negotiate with them. So the comment had nothing to do with how you could have handled it differently.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:18 AM   #109
SmokinXR50

Quote:
Thanks fellas.

Hi Fords 'R' Cool,
As a father of two young kids (8yo and 5yo) I congratulate you for being so level headed in such a severe crisis.
As many others have said you did the right thing.
As for using deadly force I fully understand where you are coming from, protecting your family comes first, everything else is a very distant second.

I truly hope you and your family get all the support they need to put this terrible ordeal behind them. Keep a close eye on your wife and kids and don't be afraid to seek help if the whole ordeal is still having an impact on them (i.e. sleepless nights, unsettled etc...)

All the very best,

Chris
Old 03-02-2012, 01:29 AM   #110
munkky
turbo mafia

thats why i have a baseball bat under the bed. dw mate aslong as the family is okay i got attacked 2 years ago. 2 guys tryed to hijack my car i got stabbed 7 times and i drove my self to the police.

2008 FG G6E TURBO
AND YES IT HAS A LSD
ORSM F.C.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:32 AM   #111
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

terrible incident, the forum sends its best wishes to the OP and his family, but this thread isn't looking to good to be honest thanks to some 'interesting' replies.
Closed Thread