Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-12-2011, 12:21 PM   #91
Grobbo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Bernard Tomic allowed to drive M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
Because i can, simple it is a forum after all.
Are you going to loose any sleep over him having an M3? Or are you jealosus of him too?
Niether, but I do think the story is interesting, as do a lot of people, as it's gone around the world.

I just think it's weird you bothered reading through and posting in a thread you found so uninteresting.

Sometimes it's fun just to stir it up a little tho eh... :-)

Previous rides:
R32 Skyline gtst - drift weapon
67 VC Val - Cruiser
A4 1.8t MTM 286 - Euro Evo
AU2 XR8 Ute - rumbly drift weapon.
BA2 Futura Wagon - boom box.
Suzuki Swift Sport - thrash me!
Ford Kuga 1.6T AWD - work car, hoping to replace it with a new weapon soon...
Grobbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2011, 12:25 PM   #92
Grobbo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty
Because I know it's not a GTS.

Simple.
Maybe just say you DOUBT it's a GTS, and everyone would go yeah, it's highly unlikely.

If you're just going by the info the rest of us have, you can't be sure, as it is entirely possible.

Previous rides:
R32 Skyline gtst - drift weapon
67 VC Val - Cruiser
A4 1.8t MTM 286 - Euro Evo
AU2 XR8 Ute - rumbly drift weapon.
BA2 Futura Wagon - boom box.
Suzuki Swift Sport - thrash me!
Ford Kuga 1.6T AWD - work car, hoping to replace it with a new weapon soon...
Grobbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2011, 12:36 PM   #93
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think the question here is has he complied with the conditions of the exemption? If he has really been hooning or not complied with the conditions of the exemption then it should be cancelled and he gets dealt with under the law.

I would also think to keep in the spirit of the law that there should be no exemptions.
GTP534 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2011, 01:31 PM   #94
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP534
I think the question here is has he complied with the conditions of the exemption? If he has really been hooning or not complied with the conditions of the exemption then it should be cancelled and he gets dealt with under the law.

I would also think to keep in the spirit of the law that there should be no exemptions.
No exemptions?

So a motor mechanic with a provisional license is not allowed to test or diagnose a V8 vehicle that has come in to be worked on?
A farmer is not allowed to move a V8 powered machine between properties?
A rental car company employee is not allowed to move vehicles between drop off, cleaning and pickup?
A Police officer, Ambo, Parks & Wildlife officer etc. can't drive their work vehicles?
The list is almost endless.

The spirit of the law is to prevent immature inexperienced people gaining unsupervised access to equipment that has been shown to be a favourite for misuse not to cause undue inconvenience to lawful occupations.

Not all P platers are children with delusions of grandeur and no respect for anyone but themselves........
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2011, 01:36 PM   #95
ltd_on20s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist

The spirit of the law is to prevent immature inexperienced people gaining unsupervised access to equipment that has been shown to be a favourite for misuse not to cause undue inconvenience to lawful occupations.

Not all P platers are children with delusions of grandeur and no respect for anyone but themselves........

but as long as you have cash, and a tennis star, basically this exemption says you do have respect for everyone, no delusions of grandeur, and not immature or inexperienced....

to use your posted defence of course.

A Police officer, Ambo, Parks & Wildlife officer etc. can't drive their work vehicles?

never seen a ambo, or a cop, or a wildlife officer on p plates.... and if they are they don't show a p plate.
ltd_on20s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2011, 01:57 PM   #96
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd_on20s
but as long as you have cash, and a tennis star, basically this exemption says you do have respect for everyone, no delusions of grandeur, and not immature or inexperienced....

to use your posted defence of course.

never seen a ambo, or a cop, or a wildlife officer on p plates.... and if they are they don't show a p plate.
You really are bitter and twisted over this aren't you?

Police officers are aged from 19 years. How many 19 year olds are not still on P plates in that you cannot start until you are at least 17 and must remain for 3 years. There is also an exemption that the P plates do not have to be shown on work vehicles only private vehicles.

Tomic can drive a free M3 given to him by BMW, you can't......get over it....
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2011, 03:10 PM   #97
Fireblade
Wizard Member

It's not an M3 GTS because they cannot be registered here in Australia, they are too loud and too low for ADR approval, so NO its not a GTS, lets just clear that up right now.

Secondly Tomic can drive an M3, big deal, I see lots of P platers around Adelaide driving HSV, FPV and V8's and Turbos, big Boo hoo to those who can't, find a loophole and use it, that is what everyone else in this world does.
Old 17-12-2011, 03:43 PM   #98
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Just goes to show that "hooning" is not restricted to us bogan falcon and commodore owners......lol

If he has legitimately done something wrong, then he desrves what is coming to him. If not, then i feel sorry for him as this kind of thing really can derail someone's career and future sponsorship aspirations.

Having been in the latest M3 sedan recently...they are damned fine car with an engine that revs so effortlessly and a cabin that cocoons you so beautifully all with such beautiful chassis balance that Im sure would entice anyone to explore it every now and then.......you would be a liar if you said no !!!!!!

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2011, 03:53 PM   #99
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP
Having been in the latest M3 sedan recently...they are damned fine car with an engine that revs so effortlessly and a cabin that cocoons you so beautifully all with such beautiful chassis balance that Im sure would entice anyone to explore it every now and then.......you would be a liar if you said no !!!!!!

Agree although some will lead you to believe they are an abomination with an SMG gearbox

Driven both the current model with six speed and SMG (or whatever they call it nowadays - SMGIXIIIV?) and thought they were sublime
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2011, 04:03 PM   #100
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503
Agree although some will lead you to believe they are an abomination with an SMG gearbox

Driven both the current model with six speed and SMG (or whatever they call it nowadays - SMGIXIIIV?) and thought they were sublime
The SMG is astonishing !!
The way it allows the engine to hold its revs in the upper eschelons is crazy. No clunks , no lag between gears and the speed of the shifts makes my ZF in the FPV feel like the old C10 in my old XE ESP.

I wish i had the coin for an M3......should have practiced my tennis more in the primary school asphalt courts as a kid.....lol

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2011, 04:09 PM   #101
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP
I wish i had the coin for an M3......should have practiced my tennis more in the primary school asphalt courts as a kid.....lol
Same

We used those asphalt courts to play four square! (very unforgiving on the knees)
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2011, 09:32 PM   #102
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grobbo
Maybe just say you DOUBT it's a GTS, and everyone would go yeah, it's highly unlikely.

If you're just going by the info the rest of us have, you can't be sure, as it is entirely possible.
No no, I know it isn't a GTS, but I can't say how I know, because that would be breaching client privacy.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2011, 02:10 PM   #103
raptorv8
Banned

A lot of jealous people in this forum, if he has an exemption to drive it like hundreds of others have similar exemptions as has been stated good luck to him.

I wish I had an m3 on my p plates, I didn't and I'm jealous but I won't resent anyone that does. As for the hooning, if he was they would have charged him.
raptorv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2011, 02:31 PM   #104
Fireblade
Wizard Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503
Same

We used those asphalt courts to play four square! (very unforgiving on the knees)
Geez that brings back memories of the good old care free school days.
Old 19-12-2011, 03:02 PM   #105
ltd_on20s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorv8
A lot of jealous people in this forum, if he has an exemption to drive it like hundreds of others have similar exemptions as has been stated good luck to him.

I wish I had an m3 on my p plates, I didn't and I'm jealous but I won't resent anyone that does. As for the hooning, if he was they would have charged him.
what do you class as "jealousy"?

can you define it from the argument being made here?
ltd_on20s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2011, 03:40 PM   #106
raptorv8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd_on20s
what do you class as "jealousy"?

can you define it from the argument being made here?
Just look at some of the comments about him as a person - Jealousy

The fact is, he like many others have a legal right to drive the motor vehicle in question and some people cant accept that, so if its legal what is the issue?

Answer none its just petty jealousy
raptorv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post