Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-06-2010, 04:39 PM   #91
QIK006

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
exactly. i think some people need to put themselves in the shoes of the OP!! if it was my car, with less than 10000km on the clock, i'd want to know exactly whats going on every step of the way. from what i understand, this isn't something thats transpired over a few weeks, but closer to a few months. thats a long time to be without your new car.

This has definaltley not been dragged out over months, it has really just ticked over into weeks ( and that is because they have had it more than one)

in regards my engine not being produced specifically for me, I don't think it matters, I bought it, I own it, and I have every right to know what has failed and what has been replaced. It IS a manufacturers responsibilty to warrant repair / replace faulty items, and let the owner what they have replaced / repaired

in my case, I agree with a previous post, " fault engine, replaced " will be what Info will be passed along, as the engine hasn't been pulled apart ( apart from the rocker cover) and won't be 100% diagnosed until it lands back in the engine factory back down in Ford
Melb
The only issue with our new FG XR6T is that no one has told me how to prevent the stains on my shorts that happen ever time i mash the accelerator pedal : and now the lil dint in the rear bumber http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...30#post4142130

My speed limiter is set to 120 - anything over that and she punches me in the arm.
QIK006 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2010, 06:32 PM   #92
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Lol...this is funny, why does Ford need to explain exactly why the vehicle failed when the onus to repair is to rectify the fault, nothing more.

If you went to the hospital in severe pain, would you question the Doctor who tells you your appendix is about to burst?
Would you like him to educate you on the meaning of the particular medical terms or is 'im gonna save your life' satisfactory for you.

The fact is Ford have met their requirement in replacing the faulty part, the engine, and thats all they should need to offer.

Anything else is a bonus.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2010, 06:47 PM   #93
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Have you read the thread at all??? Seems like he's been looked after and treated pretty well to me.
I hope you're not in customer service.

They only brought the customer into the lopp once it was confirmed a new motor was forthcoming. What may have caused the problem, even what the problem was, was not forthcoming. Thats a bit ordinary to say the least.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2010, 06:48 PM   #94
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8
If you went to the hospital in severe pain, would you question the Doctor who tells you your appendix is about to burst?
If the doctor said I needed an operation, but wouldnt tell me on what, and why, then it would be a reasonable analogy.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2010, 06:55 PM   #95
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by castellan
You will not ****** up a new falcon motor by giving it a hiding on the road.
As with everything new, something can go wrong it's just like a new born baby.
Ford have done the right thing. and they do not really have to say what went wrong with it. because the owner most times would not have a clue what they are on about. and they would only just go around talking nonsense about it.
i would disagree with the first statement, i don`t care how good any motor is, with the correct abuse damage could be done .
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2010, 07:04 PM   #96
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by QIK006
This has definaltley not been dragged out over months, it has really just ticked over into weeks ( and that is because they have had it more than one)
whoops, my bad. at least its sorted now though. hope they gave you something decent to drive in the meantime.
prydey is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2010, 07:38 PM   #97
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Agree 100% that he should be given some information on why the engine failed.

Agree 100% that Ford have an obligation to protect their reputation.

The balance between these two above is the bit to get into an appropriate balance.

Agree 100% that it was sorted quickly in the end.

Agree 100% that it would be nervy not being told what the state of play was, whether his dealer actually knew yet or not!

Agree that a doctor should explain everything to the patient! LOL!

Hope the car runs long and strong from here on in!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2010, 09:10 PM   #98
QIK006

Quote:
Would you like him to educate you on the meaning of the particular medical terms or is 'im gonna save your life' satisfactory for you.
and if the bits I needed operated on where covered by the o.e.m. Manufacturer I wouldn't question the dr, but seeing as I have previously worked in the health system as a nurse, not only would I question the original dr, and want other options regarding what could fix it, but I sure as he'll would want a 2nd and possibly a 3rd opinion too. A bursting appendix is not a good analogy, as it is the one of the few organs that the human body can still function as normal, with or with out.

An engine on the other hand, is kind of vital to the way a car runs, (kind of like a heart in the human body) and I any repairs that were done nomatter how small, could have affected it's performance. But seeing as they have pulled out the old and jammed In a new untouched one, it would be the equivelent of God himself reaching down from heaven and saying " you idiot, it's not the appendix, it is the heart "and swapping the faulty heart over with a new heart that he had made just for this occasion
The only issue with our new FG XR6T is that no one has told me how to prevent the stains on my shorts that happen ever time i mash the accelerator pedal : and now the lil dint in the rear bumber http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...30#post4142130

My speed limiter is set to 120 - anything over that and she punches me in the arm.
Old 20-06-2010, 10:01 PM   #99
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So it would seem that bent8 would trust the likes of a patel.......interesting.
Me I question all Doctors on the treatment they are going to give me same as I question the mechanic who works on my cars.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2010, 12:16 AM   #100
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Glad I have an extended warranty !!!
Old 21-06-2010, 12:59 AM   #101
nb_351
building the xe...

if they diodnt know at the time, but still gave a motor, wheres the harm in that?
at least they didnt lie like nissan did and just say it was a minor issue in a y61 patrol that had had a long motor fitted without customer knowledge...
im sure they would have let op know in due time
nb_351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2010, 04:49 PM   #102
QIK006

Picked the XR6T up on friday, was availble on Thursday but just didnt have the time to get it, Still havnt got the receipt for any of the work done, but will be following that up until I get one.

have to admit, apart from the lack of info on what caused the engine to go pop, this has been an absolute dream outcome, and that Guys at The dealership have been brillant.

Old 27-06-2010, 05:12 PM   #103
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

@QIK006,good to read your outcome champ,hopefully if there is any cost it will be minimal.

2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 27-06-2010, 05:58 PM   #104
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Obviously you have never had any major operations.

Or paid $40-60,000 for a car and have something go dramatically wrong with it.

Otherwise you wouldn't come out with such a stupid statement.
The G6ET Spot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2010, 06:22 PM   #105
kingyxr8
EL XR8

tell them you dont want it and to give you a toyota ... you will never have a problem then.....
kingyxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2010, 10:01 PM   #106
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The G6ET Spot
Obviously you have never had any major operations.

Or paid $40-60,000 for a car and have something go dramatically wrong with it.

Otherwise you wouldn't come out with such a stupid statement.
Sorry, i dont waste my time adding little emoticons to validate my tongue in cheek comments.
i consider my audience educated and able to take light hearted comedy when they read it.

Look, the car chucked a hearty, Ford gave it a transplant, problem solvered.
Old 27-06-2010, 10:11 PM   #107
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You have an audience, don't flatter yourself!!

2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 27-06-2010, 11:07 PM   #108
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by QIK006
G'day Guys

I need a little inside help from someone inside Ford.
I have had what appears to be a catastrophic failure (well catastrophic to me ) on my JAN 2010 Build FG XR6T and was hoping for a bit of info on what is happening with our toy car

The guys at the dealership have been great in regards to helping us out, but havn't given much info regarding what is happening with the car itself.

I talked with Ford CRC Today, and the lady didn't give much info apart from "I will open an investigation & let you know"

If your able to help me, please PM me and I will fill you in on the whole situation.

Regards

Gary
It's probably that thingy in the engine bay that sits left to the whats you ma call it.
Old 27-06-2010, 11:27 PM   #109
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO
You have an audience, don't flatter yourself!!
Audience-An audience is a group of people who participate in a show or encounter a work of art or literature (in which they are called the "reader")

Thanks for reading
Old 28-06-2010, 12:14 AM   #110
AMT
Come fly with P.S.I...

Interesting read...Great outcome..!! Now Enjoy your Ford...
Old 01-09-2010, 02:29 PM   #111
QIK006

Still no official word as to why my engine went pop, but did have a talk to the service dept and looked through a bit of the paper work associated with the warranty claim this morning.
All information that I saw pointed to being a big end bearing failure. I hope that this helps anyone else with a rattley engine.