Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-12-2010, 01:03 AM   #91
block58
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSV_LS1
I'm guessing that the FG update may get a similar face lift sometime next year?
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOTDAH
Also keep your eyes open for FG2. There are a few out and about (covered front end) Have a good look inside if you see one.
block58 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2010, 01:14 AM   #92
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOTDAH
Also keep your eyes open for FG2. There are a few out and about (covered front end) Have a good look inside if you see one.
We're back into spy shot mode again. Brings back good memories from 2007 when we were eagerly waiting for the release of the "Orion".
TC200six is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2010, 06:03 AM   #93
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

looks fantastic. Just some extra thoughts that would make certain it's at the top of the game. 8 speed ZF? 3.0 twin turbo diesel? 3.5L EcoBoost? Better legroom in 3rd row than old model?
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2010, 06:11 AM   #94
WOTDAH
Yes YOU

^^^ No to all of the above.
WOTDAH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2010, 06:45 AM   #95
HULK EF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Love the cartoon pre production sketch on P1. If only!
HULK EF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2010, 08:50 AM   #96
fou_bleu
Get EcoBoosted

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK EF
Love the cartoon pre production sketch on P1. If only!
Umm, I think its pretty close to the real thing...

https://www.secure.ford.com.au/servl...apper&site=FOA
fou_bleu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2010, 09:52 AM   #97
whynot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well, I am sold. Where do I sign up? (I am so sick of the Forrester it is not funny.) I wonder what the greenhouse gas rating of the diesel will be?
whynot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2010, 10:04 AM   #98
Trek
Blue blooded

From what I've seen here, it seems the new Territory will be looking too similar to other current car designs from other brands. I just can't get excited about this. The lights are too edgy for my liking. Each to their own though.

I am a fan of the FG XR styled front concept, wishing that had've been the final product instead of what it supposedly is in that advert glimpse.
Trek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2010, 10:04 AM   #99
kiwimark

Looks like an advance on the current Taurus - perhaps FoA are aligning the models design so if we get Taurus it wont be such a shock (unlike the last 'Oval' attempt).
Or is it a swing back to a 'US' themed Falcon/Terry (unlike the Mondeo themed Orion)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2010 Ford Taurus Interior - 002.jpg (34.3 KB, 139 views)
kiwimark is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2010, 11:14 AM   #100
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Quote:
Ford Australia President and CEO, Bob Graziano, said he believed the new Territory – which will be the vehicle’s first major upgrade since the launch of the SX in 2004 – would again set the benchmark in the medium SUV market.

“This is an exceptional SUV. It wears an exciting new look and will boast an extensive list of technical highlights,” Mr Graziano said.
I think it will arrive with FG2 technology before FG2 arrives on showroom floors. The more tech that Terri Gen2 gets, the more FG2 gets.

I think the exterior will also be a highlight. Added with the diesel engine i can really see the sales soar to 2,000/mth. Precisely what Ford needs.

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2010, 12:20 PM   #101
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

It's hideous.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2010, 12:29 PM   #102
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

i'll wait till the prod version is released but the first render does nothing for me.
Big and bulky.
I hope the interior is nice and quality has been improved all round.
Old 15-12-2010, 12:32 PM   #103
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Looks to me like Land rover, Audi and Volkswagon all put together.

Just doesn't do it for me. Will be looking forward to the final production model though.

And are those DRL's i see?

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2010, 12:34 PM   #104
tommyd
Starter Motor

Having seen them uncamouflaged, I think those who doubt the accuracy of the artist's 'impressions' will be pleasantly surprised. Even the base model stands out. There's a few surprises for the interior too.
tommyd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2010, 12:39 PM   #105
gz1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers
It's hideous.
+1 to that.
Here I am hanging out for a new terri diesel, however if it looks even remotely like that rendering I won't be having a bar of it.
Old 15-12-2010, 01:33 PM   #106
Swordsman88
Getting it done.....

Looks like some of you guys might be having issues with the styling due to a preference for the cleaner look of the current model/s. Fact is that i think the original 2004 TX looks good on steel wheels...its an honest, clean look that is athletic without being bulky etc. The newer update is also quite well done. Sadly, that is not how new cars look. Its all about standing out now and being a bit more brash...look at the american designs and you get the idea. Updates or new models from rivals are all doing this...new kluger, cx9 etc are all heavilly styled to the point of being overdone. In fact mazda's entire lineup is getting crazy with this 'smiley face'.

I think this is pretty good from ford...yes the huge grille is a bit off putting but i think it will work well in the flesh. It is an artists impression afterall and will be toned down a bit mostly in how the bars are executed i'd say.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyd
Having seen them uncamouflaged, I think those who doubt the accuracy of the artist's 'impressions' will be pleasantly surprised. Even the base model stands out. There's a few surprises for the interior too.
I agree. I saw something recently that pretty much confirms that this is what it will look like. Not exactly the same and i can't speak for the final touches but that front end is very accurate to the one that will be on the car is all i will say...

Now with:
Pacemaker 4499s
Lukey Catback Exhaust
Chrome BA XR-style tip
Airdam Mounted CAI with modified (bellmouth) airbox
Trip Computer install
KYB shocks
Bridgestone Adrenalin tyres

Coming Soon:
Exhaust Overhaul.....
Swordsman88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2010, 05:18 PM   #107
fnd
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 
Default My two bob's worth.

Having seen this "official Ford release" on two motoring sites (Drive and Caradvice), my comments are:
1. Who believes anything these people write? and (if it did happen to be true);
2. PLEASE NO! Too much like any of the ghastly offerings from U.S. (Dodge, Chrysler 300C), and a lot of European stuff that is all grille.

As someone posted before, where would you put a number plate?

Personally, I suspect (hope?) that it will be similar to the new Escape, with some of the FG Falcon incorporated. That would - to me anyway - tend to continue the 'family' look of the current range.
fnd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2010, 05:19 PM   #108
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnd
Having seen this "official Ford release" on two motoring sites (Drive and Caradvice), my comments are:
2. PLEASE NO! Too much like any of the ghastly offerings from U.S. (Dodge, Chrysler 300C), and a lot of European stuff that is all grille.

Personally, I suspect (hope?) that it will be similar to the new Escape, with some of the FG Falcon incorporated. That would - to me anyway - tend to continue the 'family' look of the current range.
Sorry bud, but that picture and information was released by FORD directly to the media yesturday.. Its real...
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2010, 05:22 PM   #109
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Followed one for a couple of km today, all camouflaged up so can't really get an idea of the overall look. One obvious thing from the rear though is that the upper window glass has no metal surrounding it and it appears to be glass right around the back, with the window in the tailgate hinged at the top directly to the roof.
Old 15-12-2010, 05:30 PM   #110
GreenR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks like an Audi Q7 with a few slight alterations

GreenR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2010, 05:31 PM   #111
brismike
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry but I don't like the looks of it . . it looks like a Mack truck to me. Just my personal opinion.

Wife's - 2018 Peugeot 3008 Gtline, Pearl White - 6 Speed Auto - Fully Optioned.

My Toy - 2014 Smart Fortwo Passion Crystal White, Black Tridion Cell - 5 Speed Auto with Flappy Paddles - Tint - Twin Exhaust

The only good Commodore is the one now very very quickly disappearing in my rear view mirror.
brismike is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2010, 05:36 PM   #112
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews
Followed one for a couple of km today, all camouflaged up so can't really get an idea of the overall look. One obvious thing from the rear though is that the upper window glass has no metal surrounding it and it appears to be glass right around the back, with the window in the tailgate hinged at the top directly to the roof.
Tailgates same as the old one (glass wise) looking at the camo cars in the other thread.
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2010, 05:48 PM   #113
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think the front end could easily pass as an Aston Martin SUV. Then everyone would want one if that's the badge that ended up on there.
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2010, 05:49 PM   #114
Rastas

DAMN,,,,,that front end is mean, imagine one of these coming up behind you, it looks like its saying 'get out of my way fool or im gonna eat you' !
Rastas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2010, 05:50 PM   #115
dave289
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gz1
+1 to that.
Here I am hanging out for a new terri diesel, however if it looks even remotely like that rendering I won't be having a bar of it.
guess some people will never be happy. looks a hell of a lot better than that other tank thats been doing the rounds for way too long. If it looks like this when it comes out ,as well as having the dielsel option, I think it should do well. I give it the thumbs up and about time for the dielsel , never thought I'd see the day when I say that about dielsels but it is 2010.
dave289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2010, 05:54 PM   #116
dave289
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnd

You must be kidding mate, have you had your eyes tested lately ? The ford escape looks like it was designed and made 20 years ago .
Old 15-12-2010, 05:58 PM   #117
dave289
Banned

Can somebody please run a poll on this if possible.

Along the lines of : LIKE IT
: DONT LIKE IT
: UNDECIDED

Thankyou in advance to the winner.
Old 15-12-2010, 06:02 PM   #118
FPVF6X201
Formerly FPVwannabe

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Slotted front rotors for the TTG write-up and pics. 

Diesel Dave lol.
FPVF6X201 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2010, 06:03 PM   #119
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Love it, looks heaps better. A lot more cutting edge in design and for the first time, I'd actually like to own one.

Quote: