Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 26-03-2006, 08:53 PM   #91
wingTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by outback_ute
Maybe WingTS was working as a track marshall...
Close...

Two prayers answered in 2 days....
wingTS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2006, 08:55 PM   #92
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

my old man used to clean the carpets of the Minogues.... yes KYLIE and that other runt when they used to live in camberwell/surrey hills.
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2006, 10:04 PM   #93
athol

Jimmy Barnes and wife at a recovery party at a nightclub I owned in Sydney, top guy, had his white limo and driver waiting out the front for ages, settled his bill when he left with a nice tip for the bar staff.

Athol.
athol is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2006, 10:49 PM   #94
TEKILA
formerly AU_bullet

my dad was the physio for collingwood footy club for about 4 years, back in the days wen they won their last premiership (1990)
its bl00dy awsum coz he still know's some of the boys that are still down there at collingwood so i get to go into the rooms after the games.
he's been on the front page of the herald as well wen darren milane was killed in that drunken accident
TEKILA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2006, 11:35 PM   #95
GRNKPR
DPC PERFORMANCE Race prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by athol
Jimmy Barnes and wife at a recovery party at a nightclub I owned in Sydney, top guy, had his white limo and driver waiting out the front for ages, settled his bill when he left with a nice tip for the bar staff.

Athol.

i know Jimmy and Jane through clients i work for and they are really nice people

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
GRNKPR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2006, 03:20 PM   #96
Ringo
I see you....

Run into a few celebs over time.

Ed McGuire at the height of his nightclub days when he was a reporter for Channel 10 - always in a hurry, lived out of his car...
Bruce McCavaney - nice guy
Max Walker - Also a nice guy
Steve Jacobs - It's real funny he is on a car show now - he knows nothing bout 'em. Thought that the Yarra Valley was a big country trip from Melbourne and had to get his car checked out prior (I don't even think a phone call to the Yarra Valley is long distance)
Suzie Wilks - Humna Humna Humna and a smile that could get her out of any speeding or parking ticket I'm sure....very nice
Kylie Minogue's parents - her mum is spitting image of her

Met Dick Johnson @ Sandown on the pit walk back when he was driving tur-blow Sierra's for Shell Ultra Hi when I was about 12 and I got star struck. I just stood there mouth open standing in front of ....well...God as far as I was concerned. He stopped signing stuff knelt down and chatted to me for a minute....still remember that...

Met Fernando Alonso in 2004 - guy could hardly speak english and didn't know what to do with himself - so different from the guy I see on the Teev now. He's the usual F1 driver height of about 5'4....

I've been abused by a WA based Navy Commander once over the phone....used to know the name.....any Navy people on this thread could confirm that that is a ship capitainy guy right????...sheesh he was good at dressing me down too...made me feel 2 inchs tall just over the phone

Met Ed Kowalsyk of the band Live once...he said to me that Chad Gracey (the Drummer) had had enough and was quitting the band and asked if I wanted to join.....no wait....that was a just a dream I had - sorry......lol
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2006, 03:52 PM   #97
biomechanic
Freudian Slippers

Met Nick Giannopolous a couple of times - I did the Wog Boy website

// JMM "Street Fighter" Headers
// JMM 2.5" Mandrel Bent Exhaust
// JMM Ignition Leads
// JMM Hi-Performance Valve Springs
// Mandrel bent intake
// K&N Pod Filter
// 17" x 8" GT wheels