Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 27-06-2021, 09:04 PM   #11761
leesa

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
Honestly WTF is it with the run on the bog roll every time? I get if you're locked down you will be at home more but how much do people actually **** they have to stock up this much? Must be because it is on company time
It's chicks that are affected mostly. guys can shake it off but chicks pat things dry when they pee and that's several times a day.

Old 27-06-2021, 09:14 PM   #11762
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Human psychology. If you can figure it out then you can make a motza. I think it started when we had the first lock down, and one of the ministers said something along the lines of "there is no need to go panic buy essentials, such as toilet rolls etc etc"..so guess what everyone did? At the time I think some overseas countries were reporting shortage of toilet rolls, so it may have been why the minister used it as an example. If in doubt, always blame overseas.
No its not that, people put a couple on their sandwiches when they run out of cheese slices

Cheers King Billy
Old 27-06-2021, 10:17 PM   #11763
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa View Post
It's chicks that are affected mostly. guys can shake it off but chicks pat things dry when they pee and that's several times a day.

Nah..tassie's different, they got neck tatts and piercings and urinals in the ladies room...so I heard...so all good.

It's all about equality so installing urinals in all toilets now....win..win...win

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)
This user likes this post:
Old 28-06-2021, 01:05 PM   #11764
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT June 27th, 2021.

Note
: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

43 new cases for Australia and no deaths so the CMR is 2.984%.

No cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.953% and active cases 21.

The UK had a lower 14,623 cases yesterday and lower 11 deaths.

A lower 6,698 new cases in the USA yesterday and lower 145 deaths sees CMR at 1.796%.

Other notable points: (weekend reporting)

Liberia (207);
Cuba (2,698); and
Indonesia (21,342)

... recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period and Paraguay drops below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 28-06-2021, 01:09 PM   #11765
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Chamois?
Old 28-06-2021, 01:33 PM   #11766
.:4:.
Kicking back

Yesterday a mate of mine was telling me he went to woolies, the lady infront of him at the checkout was creating a scene when told 1x24 pack of bog rolls. She was doomsday prepping and had years worth in the trolley. So yeah, people still go a bit troppo.
Anyhow, with the new sydney lockdown rules service nsw email me about restrictions. I always forward said emails to my mum. So like a lot of people, and understandibly, she doesnt check her emails daily. So i called her yesterday and she was out and about. So she says she wasnt in a red zone. So i asked her to read the restrictions as all sydney is a red zone. So that ruined a few of her plans for the next few days.
But it all just really shows that even after a long time the odd few defiant people can 'ruin' it for a lot of people. And yes, my mum does follow the rules.
Old 28-06-2021, 01:34 PM   #11767
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Not tried the 3 sea shells?

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
5 users like this post:
Old 28-06-2021, 01:35 PM   #11768
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Old 28-06-2021, 02:44 PM   #11769
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

A few countries are starting to have it bad (again).

Russia, although still below the 90th percentile, has had 19 straight days above 10k cases / day and the most recent 4 have all been over 20k cases / day and not far off the 90th percentile mark of 24k cases / day.

Bangladesh has a 10-day average of 4,731 cases / day; well above the 90th percentile of 3,654.

Indonesia has set record highs the last few days and the 10-day average of 16,503 cases / day is well above the 90th percentile of 9,449.

Oman has set a record high in the last week and the 10-day average of 1,934 cases / day is well above the 90th percentile of 1,262.

Kuwait has set a record high in the last week and the 10-day average of 1,726 cases / day is also above the 90th percentile of 1,402.

Kyrgyzstan hasn't set a record high in almost a year but the 10-day average of 809 cases / day is well above the 90th percentile of 564.

Afghanistan has set a record high in the last fortnight and the 10-day average of 1,685 cases / day is well above the 90th percentile of 653.

Malaysia is off the peak numbers it had a month ago but the 10-day average of 5,528 is still above the 90th percentile of 4,540.

While we don't keep detailed numbers for Thailand, the last couple of months have seen them go from sub 500 cases / day to a 10-day average of 3,600 cases / day.

South Africa hasn't set a record high in six months but the 10-day average of 14,281 cases / day is well above the 90th percentile of 11,658.

Tunisia has set a record high in the last week and the 10-day average of 3,032 cases / day is well above the 90th percentile of 2,305.

Zambia has set a record high in the last week and the 10-day average of 2,632 cases / day is well above the 90th percentile of 1,027.

Namibia has set a record high in the last week and the 10-day average of 1,459 cases / day is well above the 90th percentile of 365.

Brazil has never got on top of the pandemic and has set a record high in the last week although at least the 10-day average of 71,656 cases / day is below the 90th percentile of 76,033.

Colombia set a record high in the last week and the 10-day average of 29,889 cases / day is well above the 90th percentile of 17,714.

Cuba set a record high yesterday and the 10-day average of 1,894 cases / day is well above the 90th percentile of 1,121.

Observatio Facta Rotae

5 users like this post:
Old 28-06-2021, 03:21 PM   #11770
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

BTW, I have had my first AZ jab and am booked in for the 2md
5 users like this post:
Old 28-06-2021, 04:21 PM   #11771
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

This is an interesting observation.

Vaccinated party-goers avoided virus, NSW Gov says
The NSW Government says the highly contagious Delta strain of COVID-19 infected everyone who attended a Sydney birthday party except for the six people who were vaccinated.

24 of the 30 attendees of the West Hoxton party, and many of their household contacts, have all tested positive for COVID-19.

Here's NSW health minister Brad Hazzard from earlier today:

"To emphasise just how important vaccinations are … not one of those 24 people were vaccinated.

"I can also advise that six health workers who attended the party, who were fully vaccinated, not one of those people has been infected.

"Obviously, it's an unfolding situation … but the early and strong indication from that party are if you're vaccinated you are much more likely to not be infected with COVID-19.

"Short message is, get vaccinated."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-...elta/100248456

Maybe that's one to strike off the list above, Trev?

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
5 users like this post:
Old 28-06-2021, 04:22 PM   #11772
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

It'll give you sensational 5G reception and free Wi-Fi for ever
5 users like this post:
Old 28-06-2021, 04:24 PM   #11773
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
This is an interesting observation.

Vaccinated party-goers avoided virus, NSW Gov says
The NSW Government says the highly contagious Delta strain of COVID-19 infected everyone who attended a Sydney birthday party except for the six people who were vaccinated.

24 of the 30 attendees of the West Hoxton party, and many of their household contacts, have all tested positive for COVID-19.

Here's NSW health minister Brad Hazzard from earlier today:

"To emphasise just how important vaccinations are … not one of those 24 people were vaccinated.

"I can also advise that six health workers who attended the party, who were fully vaccinated, not one of those people has been infected.

"Obviously, it's an unfolding situation … but the early and strong indication from that party are if you're vaccinated you are much more likely to not be infected with COVID-19.

"Short message is, get vaccinated."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-...elta/100248456

Maybe that's one to strike off the list above, Trev?
Not sure I believe that, I am learning to not believe very much of what Politicians or the Main Stream Media (MSM) says - they all bull-**** and spin-doctor far too much for me
6 users like this post:
Old 28-06-2021, 04:26 PM   #11774
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No-one seems to be able to answer my question

Of the 910 people who have died in Australia, how many died WITH the virus and how many died BECAUSE of the virus?

There is a BIG difference
6 users like this post:
Old 28-06-2021, 04:34 PM   #11775
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
Not sure I believe that, I am learning to not believe very much of what Politicians or the Main Stream Media (MSM) says - they all bull-**** and spin-doctor far too much for me
A guy with a beard holding a sign is much more believable.
Old 28-06-2021, 04:37 PM   #11776
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:

Of the 910 people who have died in Australia, how many died WITH the virus and how many died BECAUSE of the virus?

Ummm… 910?
Old 28-06-2021, 05:01 PM   #11777
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
It'll give you sensational 5G reception and free Wi-Fi for ever
And a magnetic personality

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
2 users like this post:
Old 28-06-2021, 05:05 PM   #11778
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123 View Post
A guy with a beard holding a sign is much more believable.
it is a meme - it is meant to be sarcastic - you do know what that means right?

Unless of course the man holding has his own website, has a Doctorate from some African country, is a self-proclaimed medical expert - then he would be believable right?

Last edited by Trevor 57; 28-06-2021 at 05:11 PM.
Old 28-06-2021, 05:08 PM   #11779
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Ummm… 910?
with (you can die with the disease, but the disease did not cause the death e.g. you died of a heart attack that is not related to COVID, but you had the virus)

or

because of (the disease caused your death e.g respiratory failure due to the disease)

Surely you cant be that silly you can't understand the difference - oh hang on . . . . . . . . .
Old 28-06-2021, 05:17 PM   #11780
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
it is a meme - it is meant to be sarcastic - you do know what that means right?

Unless of course the man holding has his own website, has a Doctorate from some African country, is a self-proclaimed medical expert - then he would be believable right?
I know what a meme is. They are meant to be funny. That is just sad...
Old 28-06-2021, 05:20 PM   #11781
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123 View Post
I know what a meme is. They are meant to be funny. That is just sad...
and pretty factual
2 users like this post:
Old 28-06-2021, 05:22 PM   #11782
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
with (you can die with the disease, but the disease did not cause the death e.g. you died of a heart attack that is not related to COVID, but you had the virus)

or

because of (the disease caused your death e.g respiratory failure due to the disease)

Surely you cant be that silly you can't understand the difference - oh hang on . . . . . . . . .

I bet you I am far sillier than you’ve anticipated.

They were reported as Covid deaths. How will you prove otherwise?
Old 28-06-2021, 05:26 PM   #11783
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

not saying I can prove anything, you are missing the point - it is all spin-doctoring

They should report the FACTS, with or because of

You carry on a bit, but my writing and words are pretty simple, I am sorry if you struggle with that, or you think I am saying something other than what I am saying - this problem lies with you, not me
3 users like this post:
Old 28-06-2021, 05:31 PM   #11784
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
not saying I can prove anything, you are missing the point - it is all spin-doctoring

They should report the FACTS, with or because of

You carry on a bit, but my writing and words are pretty simple, I am sorry if you struggle with that, or you think I am saying something other than what I am saying - this problem lies with you, not me
Well they have reported the facts as far as they are aware. 910 "of". You've just admitted that you can't prove otherwise...

Hey, do you know a guy called Tickford?
Old 28-06-2021, 06:00 PM   #11785
CJR09
RPO 77

Quote:
Hey, do you know a guy called Tickford?
Where is old donkey boy? See he hasn't been on since 06/06 - did he get an enforced sabbatical for being an ***?

We've missed his expert commentary on the f1 thread as well

Q: If you have tried to sell it three times now and it is still not sold, do you think it might be over-priced?

A: It is over priced - just like all the other falcon coupes for sale!!

Last edited by GasoLane; 28-06-2021 at 06:14 PM.
Old 28-06-2021, 06:14 PM   #11786
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJR09 View Post
Where is old donkey boy? See he hasn't been on since 06/06 - did he get an enforced sabbatical for being an a.s.s?

We've missed his expert commentary on the f1 thread as well
As far as I'm aware it was only 24hrs.
Old 28-06-2021, 06:15 PM   #11787
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:

You will have to contact the coroners or relatives; it will be written on their death certificates.
Old 28-06-2021, 06:28 PM   #11788
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:

I have posted this information several times in this thread Trev and it's very easy to find on the net if you look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse View Post
Perhaps this thread needs a sticky; we seem to get the same questions coming up regularly.

INTERNATIONAL GUIDELINES FOR CERTIFICATION AND CLASSIFICATION (CODING) OF COVID-19 AS CAUSE OF DEATH
Based on ICD (International Statistical Classification of Diseases)
https://www.who.int/classifications/...ID-19.pdf?ua=1
Old 28-06-2021, 06:43 PM   #11789
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
and pretty factual
I gave it a thumbs up cos I saw you were game enough to take the jab. Missed the "meme". You can't exactly do the stuff on the list when only 3% is vaccinated. Try 60-70%....

Quote:
Does sound a bit special, but to pull off this "bs" a lot of non government officials would need to be in on it?

MSM.....this story is too nice for them to play along. Not enough outrage. Pretty sure they would be all over it like a rash if it was fake.

Rides (past and present)
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

Old 28-06-2021, 07:31 PM   #11790
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Gold Standard Auslan..

https://twitter.com/i/status/1409395561258651664

Rides (past and present)

Closed Thread