Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-02-2022, 04:55 PM   #1141
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Car Detailing - What products are your go to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic View Post
Let’s talk drying towels, I need to buy another couple, what do you use?

Previously used:
Aquatouch old mate, dries well, difficult to wring out
Supercell drying towel, dries well but weirdly feels rough, is falling apart after 6 months
I had the same experience with the Supercell, as you say it has a very odd feel to it. A lot of that comes down to the twist loop design of the weave. I also find it just too big for how I dry a car.

The two drying towels I grab the most at the moment are the Rag Company FTW's and their Gauntlet.

Which one you choose will be down to how you dry your car. If you use a blower to remove water before using a towel, the smaller FTW's are going to be up your alley. You will probably need 2 - 4 depending on your needs.

https://carcareco.com.au/product/the...l-40cm-x-40cm/

The Gauntlet is made in several sizes. I have the small 30x30cm for wheels, and use the medium 38x60cm for drying. There are also larger sizes if you want to dry without using a blower.

https://carcareco.com.au/product/the...-drying-towel/

Both of these are twist loop towels but are much nicer to use than the Supercell.

Another towel I like is the Tempest JNR from Waxit, the smaller version though. This is similar to the Big Green Sucker, but in a more manageable size.

https://www.waxit.com.au/products/te...ant=1102839984

Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 06-02-2022, 07:38 PM   #1142
pwr4ce
Donating Member2

A weekend of paint correction and detailing of a 1996 Commodore that’s never been touched. Loads of scratches/ swirls and stone chips. Thanks to Shinemate Ex610 and a variety of products to get to this stage ( much left to do but she’s in better shape than 3 days ago)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pwr4ce is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
9 users like this post:
Old 06-02-2022, 07:40 PM   #1143
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwr4ce View Post
A weekend of paint correction and detailing of a 1996 Commodore that’s never been touched. Loads of scratches/ swirls and stone chips. Thanks to Shinemate Ex610 and a variety of products to get to this stage ( much left to do but she’s in better shape than 3 days ago)

Looks like new!
Mustang GT

This user likes this post:
Old 06-02-2022, 07:45 PM   #1144
pwr4ce
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Looks like new!

Yep - the DA polisher worked a treat - got a lot of swirls and scratches out of the paint. The bonnet is a bit of a mess though - looks like some heavy staining and stone chips - might get this resprayed - did my best and quite happy with the outcome - thanks for creating this post and content- it’s been very useful in this project

2 users like this post:
Old 06-02-2022, 08:01 PM   #1145
CyberWasp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Which product and pads did you use to achieve that excellent result?
CyberWasp is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2022, 08:05 PM   #1146
pwr4ce
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberWasp View Post
Which product and pads did you use to achieve that excellent result?

All from Waxit - Shinemate DA polisher and Scholls compounds. Had to hit it with a heavy cut to eliminate 26 years worth of swirls and scratches- but the effort was worth it

2 users like this post:
Old 06-02-2022, 09:23 PM   #1147
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Add me to the list of those not impressed with the big green sucker. If I bought it at full price I would really feel like a big sucker. Mine now just spreads water rather than absorb. I have to go over the same spot 3 times to get it somewhat dry. I find drenching it, then wringing it, then wiping to be more effective than just wiping when the towel is dry. Why is that?

It does hold water well when it absorbs. I can do a whole sedan and only have to wring it once.

Keen to give the waffle weave towels a go.

Can you use ANY waffle weave towel? Target has the waffle cotton bamboo bath towels going for $18

I was looking at those waffle weave towels on the detailingshed.com.au, but the shipping costs more than the product

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2022, 10:19 PM   #1148
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Add me to the list of those not impressed with the big green sucker. If I bought it at full price I would really feel like a big sucker. Mine now just spreads water rather than absorb. I have to go over the same spot 3 times to get it somewhat dry. I find drenching it, then wringing it, then wiping to be more effective than just wiping when the towel is dry. Why is that?

It does hold water well when it absorbs. I can do a whole sedan and only have to wring it once.

Keen to give the waffle weave towels a go.

Can you use ANY waffle weave towel? Target has the waffle cotton bamboo bath towels going for $18

I was looking at those waffle weave towels on the detailingshed.com.au, but the shipping costs more than the product
My biggest gripe with the Big Green Sucker is it's size, it can be a bit cumbersome.

A couple of suggestions regarding using these sort of towels.

1/ Microfiber drying towels are used differently to what many would be used to coming from a Chamois. For best results, use one towel to absorb the bulk of the water, then follow up with a smaller second towel to remove any residual water. This way you are not fighting against the one towel expecting it to remove water and leave the paint completely dry. You will spend more time attempting to do it with one towel and/or trying to wring it out over and over.

2/ The easiest way to remove water after a wash is to use a leaf blower or a hand held tradesman's blower to drive the bulk of the water from the surface. Again, the time used to do this is then saved by not having to use multiple towels or wringing out a chamois. Using this method, I can dry an entire car with one small 40x40xm towel.

3/ Use a drying aid! This provides lubrication, provides something to "prime" your drying towel to help with absorption and also, in some cases, can help water to "flash" off which helps avoid streaking.

I would also recommend watching these two video's to see what I mean by using drying aids, combined with the two towel method -

Skip to the 10.00 min mark -

Skip to the 6.00 min mark -

Mustang GT

6 users like this post:
Old 06-02-2022, 10:26 PM   #1149
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
My biggest gripe with the Big Green Sucker is it's size, it can be a bit cumbersome.

A couple of suggestions regarding using these sort of towels.

1/ Microfiber drying towels are used differently to what many would be used to coming from a Chamois. For best results, use one towel to absorb the bulk of the water, then follow up with a smaller second towel to remove any residual water. This way you are not fighting against the one towel expecting it to remove water and leave the paint completely dry. You will spend more time attempting to do it with one towel and/or trying to wring it out over and over.

2/ The easiest way to remove water after a wash is to use a leaf blower or a hand held tradesman's blower to drive the bulk of the water from the surface. Again, the time used to do this is then saved by not having to use multiple towels or wringing out a chamois. Using this method, I can dry an entire car with one small 40x40xm towel.

3/ Use a drying aid! This provides lubrication, provides something to "prime" your drying towel to help with absorption and also, in some cases, can help water to "flash" off which helps avoid streaking.
Dang! Didn't realise there was a whole science to it

Leaf blower, what a great idea!! Will give that a go, would need to be careful not to blow dirt back onto it

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-02-2022, 10:27 PM   #1150
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 

I don’t mind the big green sucker. But I usually use one smaller towel to move the bulk of the water off.
I then use After Glow as a drying aid on the big green sucker and it works pretty well.
A proper blow dryer is on my shopping list though. Maybe 2022 will be the year.
Top_Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2022, 10:32 PM   #1151
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Dang! Didn't realise there was a whole science to it

Leaf blower, what a great idea!! Will give that a go, would need to be careful not to blow dirt back onto it
Yes, you would probably want to be mindful of that. Once you have done it a few times, you will get the hang of doing it efficiently and safely. Work top down, driving the water across and down the panels. Also good for drying tyres prior to dressing.
Mustang GT

3 users like this post:
Old 06-02-2022, 10:43 PM   #1152
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Ghia View Post
I don’t mind the big green sucker. But I usually use one smaller towel to move the bulk of the water off.
I then use After Glow as a drying aid on the big green sucker and it works pretty well.
I think many expect to use a microfiber drying towel exactly how they have used a leather or synthetic chamois. Once you grasp that don't want or need to be wringing the towel out, you will be drying your car quicker and safer.

For perspective, I started out at age of 14 using a Meguiar's Chamois.

I moved to the blue Waxit waffle weaves when my XR6 arrived in mid-2008.

I then transitioned to the plush Tempest and BGS towels.

I'm now using mostly twist-loop microfiber towels as pictured a few posts back.
Mustang GT

Old 06-02-2022, 10:47 PM   #1153
ford12

What is this bead maker he talks about ?
ford12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2022, 11:06 PM   #1154
H4ZE
Cannonballin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford12 View Post
It's a spray on, wipe off sealant. But it's bloody awesome, I'm about to do an order for a bulk pack after almost finishing off my first bottle.
Basically, whatever wax/ceramic/graphene coating you use (or even don't use at all) it goes on over the top of it- best way to describe it is that it "boosts" whatever you've got on there. I use it on paint, black plastics, wheels, glass, pretty much everything.

Matt from Obsessed Garage can often come off as borderline eccentric, and his monotone can be a bit hard to properly enjoy his videos sometimes- but he calls a spade a spade and he knows his stuff. and his reaction to Bead Maker was the reason why I pulled the trigger on a bottle in the first place.
Sold: 1991 LTD
H4ZE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-02-2022, 11:51 PM   #1155
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford12 View Post
As mentioned, Bead Maker is a spray sealant mostly used as a drying aid. I also use it when I detail other peoples cars, it's a very quick and easy way to add protection and gloss.

https://www.detailstore.com.au/produ...99fe5f90&_ss=r
https://detailingshed.com.au/product...18399576195129
https://carcareco.com.au/product/bea...nt-protectant/

I was late to the Bead Maker train, but it has become a staple in my cabinet.
Mustang GT

Old 07-02-2022, 04:17 PM   #1156
Bossxr8
Peter Car

I use the bowdens bead master as it works nicely.

Now you guys mention it, the last time i used the big green sucker i used boss gloss at the same time, and it made it work a lot better than i remember it. Must help.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2022, 04:39 PM   #1157
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

big sucker is ok once all nice and wet BUT its a bugga to ring out - I agree with DFB very cumbersome.

I think the last time I wasn't getting a good SUCK from the big sucker it needed a a good machine wash, then its performance was good again.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"

Last edited by FTE217; 07-02-2022 at 04:45 PM.
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2022, 05:32 PM   #1158
xkxlxm
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm half way through washing my i30, using water, Safeway home brand laundry soap (I think it's Velvet soap in a Safeway box) and an old sock and I also used a bit of degreaser to remove some sticker goo from the rear windscreen. It's been a long time since I washed the whole car ... will I finish it today?

[I have owned the car since new, Dec 2007]

I'd love to have a really nice car but I couldn't do the detail cleaning that many of you do.
xkxlxm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2022, 05:58 PM   #1159
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

A nice surprise was waiting for me when I got home this afternoon........

I said this in my thread but just can't understand how a package from the USA can arrive in less than 7 days but I am still waiting for a set of pet clippers to arrive from Sydney after 30 days?

Product reviews are here for those interested -
https://www.fordforums.com.au/showpo...postcount=1608
Mustang GT

2 users like this post:
Old 07-02-2022, 08:35 PM   #1160
prydey
Rob

Don't get me started on Australia post...

I hear your frustrations.
Old 07-02-2022, 08:57 PM   #1161
BA-XT
2003 BA Falcon XT

Interesting with the Big Green Sucker. I've had mine since 2018 and still works like new. As someone said you need to prime it with something like Boss Gloss. 6 sprays on each side is perfect.

I used it today on my partners new car without priming it.... And yeah it was garbage for a while till it got wet.

I'm washing my partners new 2018 Santa Fe that was a country car and apart from when it was serviced it was never washed. Two washes down and I have the exterior to a manageable level. I used a stint wash consisting of CT-18 Truck Wash and a lot of Meg's Super Degreaser, used both through a combination of a snow foam and sprayed directly onto the paint.

Lots of brushing, lots of washing and a final quick coat of Bowden's Own Happy Ending to temporarily provide some protection.

It's being used a lot to the end of April, where I'll apply some proper protection.

Currently sits on 233,600km.

Haven't got round to the engine bay. The grime is pretty bad so not sure if degreaser alone will cut it. Will have to see! I'm not overly confident about spaying water in the engine bay.

Still from where it was.... Grime on the paint, inbetween the panels, hundreds of bugs.... It's a huge improvement.

Decontamination, clay, polish and it'll come up alright!!

Also I tried the Repco Eclipse range of wheel cleaner. Works brilliantly!!

I usually take more pictures during the process, but it's been so hot just wanted to get this done. My partners mum passed away recently, so it's clocking up up even more milage, then we have to to Adelaide in April.

IMPCO LPG Vapour Injection.

DETAILING
Meguiar's NXT Car Wash
Collonite #845 Insulator Wax
Bowden's Own Happy Ending & Fully Slick
Chemtech CT-18 Truck Wash (Wheels & Chassis)
Bowden's Own Wheely Clean & Tyre Sheen
Bowden's Own Three Way Paint Decontamination Spray

OILS AND FILTERS
Nulon Full Synthetic 10w-40
Nulon Long Life Coolant
Ryco Oil & Air Filters

My Instagram Account: @ba_falcon2003
BA-XT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 07-02-2022, 09:06 PM   #1162
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
Don't get me started on Australia post...

I hear your frustrations.
The item I'm waiting on was actually sent via Fastway / Aramex. As soon as I spotted it was being sent through them, I thought here we go.

I once had a delivery from Detailing Shed sent with Fastway. For where I am, the default is for it to be sent to the Bendigo depot, then moved out via courier to other regional towns. I received an message from Fastway that my delivery was attempted, it was certainly not, and that if I did not personally drive 2 hours to pick it up from the depot, would be discarded.

After consulting with Detailing Shed and others, there was pattern of similar instances where parcels were opened and if something appealed, were declared not suitable for delivery and then kept or on-sold. In the end, the poor guys at Detailing Shed had to pay another courier to pick it up from the depot and deliver it to me, they would not have made any profit on that sale. On delivery, it was clear the box had been opened.

So now, I'm waiting to see if or when I will actually get what I ordered.
Mustang GT

Old 07-02-2022, 09:24 PM   #1163
CyberWasp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA-XT View Post
It is good to hear this.
I have my eye on a few of their products and might try a few soon as my stuff runs out.
They are Australian made so worth a shot. Just have to wait for 25% off promos. They have bulk size bottles on some of the items too.
CyberWasp is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2022, 09:33 PM   #1164
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA-XT View Post
Interesting with the Big Green Sucker. I've had mine since 2018 and still works like new. As someone said you need to prime it with something like Boss Gloss. 6 sprays on each side is perfect.

I used it today on my partners new car without priming it.... And yeah it was garbage for a while till it got wet.

I'm washing my partners new 2018 Santa Fe that was a country car and apart from when it was serviced it was never washed. Two washes down and I have the exterior to a manageable level. I used a stint wash consisting of CT-18 Truck Wash and a lot of Meg's Super Degreaser, used both through a combination of a snow foam and sprayed directly onto the paint.

Lots of brushing, lots of washing and a final quick coat of Bowden's Own Happy Ending to temporarily provide some protection.

It's being used a lot to the end of April, where I'll apply some proper protection.

Currently sits on 233,600km.

Haven't got round to the engine bay. The grime is pretty bad so not sure if degreaser alone will cut it. Will have to see! I'm not overly confident about spaying water in the engine bay.

Still from where it was.... Grime on the paint, inbetween the panels, hundreds of bugs.... It's a huge improvement.

Decontamination, clay, polish and it'll come up alright!!

I usually take more pictures during the process, but it's been so hot just wanted to get this done. My partners mum passed away recently, so it's clocking up up even more milage, then we have to to Adelaide in April.
The Meguiars Super Degreaser will work fine on that engine bay. For engine bays like that, I use my pressure washer to blast the bonnet and the perimeter of the engine bay, saving everything else for a more conservative cleaning by hand using brushes, microfibers and APC/Megs Super D and ONR water-less wash.

Once you have it cleaned and the APC/Degreaser rinsed off, spray the the engine bay with Meguiar's D170 Hyper Dressing. This stuff is self leveling so can be sprayed on liberally and left to dry. The following day, give it a quick wipe over if needed.

https://www.repco.com.au/en/car-care...032/p/A5576809

Have a look at these two video's on Hyper Dressing and Engine Bay Detailing. Now, he go's full on with water and foam, something I'll leave up to you to decide. The method of using brushes ect is the same though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JS0Gy_ufyMA&t=5s
Mustang GT

Old 07-02-2022, 09:37 PM   #1165
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberWasp View Post
It is good to hear this.
I have my eye on a few of their products and might try a few soon as my stuff runs out.
They are Australian made so worth a shot. Just have to wait for 25% off promos. They have bulk size bottles on some of the items too.
I'll have to read one of they're labels to see if they're really made in OZ, unless you can confirm it.

Seeing as Repco is now owned by a Seppo company and the wording on their site just says "specifically tailored to harsh Australian and New Zealand conditions" it wouldn't surprise me if they're made offshore
Old 07-02-2022, 09:50 PM   #1166
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Some links for your browsing pleasure.........

https://www.waxit.com.au/collections...ers-and-dryers

https://detailingshed.com.au/collect...yers-blowers-1

I have the Big Boi Pro 4 -

There is also an updated version called the Pro+ with a longer hose and remote controls located on the hand grip.

https://detailingshed.com.au/collect...gboi-blowr-pro

Mustang GT

Old 08-02-2022, 03:27 PM   #1167
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 

Quote:
Some links for your browsing pleasure.........

https://www.waxit.com.au/collections...ers-and-dryers

https://detailingshed.com.au/collect...yers-blowers-1

I have the Big Boi Pro 4 -

There is also an updated version called the Pro+ with a longer hose and remote controls located on the hand grip.

https://detailingshed.com.au/collect...gboi-blowr-pro

Do you use yours? Or do you just grab a leaf blower because it’s easier?
Top_Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2022, 05:14 PM   #1168
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Do you use yours? Or do you just grab a leaf blower because it’s easier?
I use it for almost every single detail, only occasionally will I grab my battery powered Stihl, and even then I wish I had just spent the extra 30 seconds to get out the Big Boi.

The smaller outlet housing focuses the air better and makes it more efficient at driving water off the paint or from behind mirrors and grills. In cooler weather, the heating function speeds the evaporation of water...........and keeps your hands warm. Some don't like the hose and cord aspect but I adapted quickly and would not be without one now.

That said, unless you really like to detail your car, or are doing many cars each week, a good leaf blower is more than sufficient. If you do decide to get one, I would say just get the biggest one to maximize the effectiveness.
Mustang GT

Last edited by DFB FGXR6; 08-02-2022 at 05:26 PM.
Old 08-02-2022, 05:18 PM   #1169
MDS87
Starter Motor

Hi DFB,

I've been lurking these forums for a while and your detailing knowledge is one of the main reasons I decided to make an account. Love your collection of cars too!

Is there anything I can use to get hard water marks off glass? I seem to remember something about this contained in your Show N Shine thread but I can't for the life of me remember what page this was on.

Thanks!
MDS87 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2022, 05:56 PM   #1170
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDS87 View Post
Hi DFB,

I've been lurking these forums for a while and your detailing knowledge is one of the main reasons I decided to make an account. Love your collection of cars too!

Is there anything I can use to get hard water marks off glass? I seem to remember something about this contained in your Show N Shine thread but I can't for the life of me remember what page this was on.

Thanks!
Hello and welcome, that's awesome you have joined after reading on the sidelines.

As I have mentioned in the past, glass polishing takes a different approach to paint. Normally with paint, you would start with the least intrusive method and work up from there. Glass on the other hand is much harder and requires more aggressive compounds to see an effective difference.

First of all though, you could try a water spot remover such as CarPro Spotless. These sort of acidic chemicals help to break down the mineral deposits that have caused the spotting. You can also make you own by mixing water and white vinegar 50/50.

https://www.waxit.com.au/collections...ver-50ml-500ml

If you have no luck with that, you are then going to need to polish the glass. Any polishing compound with decent levels of cut can be used, however CarPro CeriGlass is what you want.

CeriGlass is specifically designed for the harder surface glass presents. It is available in kit form or by itself.

https://www.waxit.com.au/products/ca...r&_ss=e&_v=1.0
https://www.waxit.com.au/collections...rpro-ceriglass

I would recommend the kit as it includes a hand applicator which you will definitely need. Even if you decide to use a machine polisher, the hand applicator is able to get into the edges of side windows that a polisher wont.

I would also say to order some Rayon glass pads, these are better at managing heat, important when dealing with glass, and are much thinner a traditional polishing pad.

https://www.waxit.com.au/collections...-velcro-75-130

You will also want to tape around the glass to prevent ruining the rubber trims.

Polished glass is wonderful, you will be surprised at how much rubbish is bonded to the glass over time.
Mustang GT

4 users like this post: