Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 30-01-2017, 09:19 PM   #871
Davehoos
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: US Presidential Elections - Boring or Important to Australia?

Quote:
Closer to home for the simpler minded left wing leaning people, Australia’s best Labor Prime Minister was Bob Hawke.
This part of the world he was called the best Liberal Prime Minister. For fixing Goughs stuff ups. Remember that Paul was from the NSW RIGHT that are far more right than the liberals..

Hes been there --no time- and is talking 8 years.

Listen to ABC regional for some real news.
This user likes this post:
Old 30-01-2017, 09:58 PM   #872
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Pis'ton Broke ... I'll put it a little more directly then so you'll get it my point..
Trump is the catalyst for the radicalized extremists to misguidedly justify trying to kill people all over the place for their crazy Islamic ideals that 99.9% of moderate Muslims are horrified by..Trump's targeting of all travelers from the countries involved is like saying every catholic priest is a pedophile ..and of course they're not....
The counter terrorist expert commented that the extremists are saying already that the election of Trump was all they needed and prayed for. If the transcript is available...Read it if it becomes available...
This fool within a week alienates places based purely on supposition that incoming people from there may have terrorist agendas purely because they lived in a Muslim country . That's as dumb and fascist and racist as you can get. AND..then carries on about preference to Christians...double dumb and I'm Catholic..
The USA hasn't learned it's lesson.. Last time they supposed that terrorists were at play in Iraq , we went in to look for WMD's..Didn't exist..Then people including an Aussie was accused of being in with a terror cell...Also false after a long time incarcerated in Guantonemo Bay.. US soldiers , Aussies , Brits , Canadians , French ..etc etc..innocent Iraqi's and Afghans died on premise, flawed intel , falsehoods and stupidity..
I wouldn't trust American self serving intelligence as far as I could kick them and you go crook about the ABC.. HAVE A PROPER LOOK...

Last edited by roddy1960; 30-01-2017 at 10:18 PM.
Old 30-01-2017, 10:11 PM   #873
Peterwl

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy1960 View Post
Pis'ton Broke ... I'll put it a little more directly the so you'll get it..
Trump is the catalyst for the radicalized extremists to misguidedly justify killing people all over the place..
The counter terrorist expert was saying that the extremists are saying already that the election of Trump was all they needed and prayed for. If the transcript is available...BLOODY READ IT...
Then this fool within a week alienates places based purely on supposition that they may have terrorist agendas. because they lived in a Muslim country . That's as dumb and fascist and racist as you can get. AND..then carries on about preference to Christians...double dumb and I'm Catholic..
The USA hasn't learned it's lesson.. Last time they supposed that terrorists were at play in Iraq , we went in to look for WMD's..Didn't exist..Then people including an Aussie was accused of being in with a terror cell...Also false after a long time incarcerated in Guantonemo Bay.. US soldiers , Aussies , Brits , Canadians , French ..etc etc..innocent Iraqi's and Afghans died on premise, lies , falsehoods and stupidity..
I wouldn't trust American self serving intelligence as far as I could kick them and you go crook about the ABC.. HAVE A PROPER LOOK...

Yes, you are definitely an ABC viewer !

2009 FG XR6 5 Speed
2002 VX II Commodore Equipe 3.8 Auto
Old 30-01-2017, 10:13 PM   #874
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterwl View Post
Yes, you are definitely an ABC viewer !
Can you recommend where we should go for accurate reporting of the news?
Old 30-01-2017, 10:21 PM   #875
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123 View Post

I think he recommends Steve Bannons Breitbart News
2 users like this post:
Old 30-01-2017, 10:27 PM   #876
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Yep.... https://d1466nnw0ex81e.cloudfront.ne...00/1197167.jpg
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
4 users like this post:
Old 30-01-2017, 10:45 PM   #877
Pis-ton broke
Banned

Quote:
good question. this thing shows up the bisas for the media, and some are not even embarrassed about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy1960
Pis'ton Broke ... I'll put it a little more directly then so you'll get it my point...............
i,m not condoning what trumps done, but give him a go. at least with trump he put his cards on the table, you don,t have to like it. if it was hillary it would be games, lies etc. why can,t people shut up and see how he goes. for me its really is amazing at how polarizing this thing is. one more thing, he was voted in , however the leftarts are whining so much that it shows there complete disrespect for there own political system.
Old 30-01-2017, 11:44 PM   #878
Peterwl

Quote:

Very hard to get real news these days amongst the biased / fake news.

You asked, so here are some useful sources,

In Australia,

The best of a very very BAD lot.

The Australian Newspaper

The Andrew Bolt Report

The Sydney Daily Telegraph ( some balance )

In The USA,

Fox News

Reuters News Service

In Europe ( No mainstream European newspaper due to censorship )

Sputnik News Service ( This site covers the whole world )

Some Israeli on line news papers

Youtube ( with caution and brain in gear )

Bare Naked Islam ( a good site to find out Muslim progress in the Western World )

2009 FG XR6 5 Speed
Old 30-01-2017, 11:47 PM   #879
Peterwl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barraxr8 View Post
I think he recommends Steve Bannons Breitbart News

Do you ever have anything intelligent to say or add to a discussion ?

Perhaps the line under your Forum name says it all.

PS I did have a look at that site, looks OK, not the worst one I have seen.

2009 FG XR6 5 Speed
Old 31-01-2017, 12:04 AM   #880
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
My dear employer suggests only this:

http://www.rt.com/
2 users like this post:
Old 31-01-2017, 12:19 AM   #881
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy1960 View Post
Trump is the catalyst for the radicalized extremists to misguidedly justify trying to kill people all over the place for their crazy Islamic ideals that 99.9% of moderate Muslims are horrified by..Trump's targeting of all travelers from the countries involved is like saying every catholic priest is a pedophile ..and of course they're not....
The counter terrorist expert commented that the extremists are saying already that the election of Trump was all they needed and prayed for. If the transcript is available...Read it if it becomes available...
This fool within a week alienates places based purely on supposition that incoming people from there may have terrorist agendas purely because they lived in a Muslim country . That's as dumb and fascist and racist as you can get. AND..then carries on about preference to Christians...double dumb and I'm Catholic..
The USA hasn't learned it's lesson.. Last time they supposed that terrorists were at play in Iraq , we went in to look for WMD's..Didn't exist..Then people including an Aussie was accused of being in with a terror cell...Also false after a long time incarcerated in Guantonemo Bay.. US soldiers , Aussies , Brits , Canadians , French ..etc etc..innocent Iraqi's and Afghans died on premise, flawed intel , falsehoods and stupidity..
Obama has cancelled Visa's and suspended refugee's from entering America before. The 7 countries currently targeted were the exact same 7 under the Obama administration, with Drone Strikes to boot - granted ISIS front-line changes hourly.

Racist? Total Muslim ban? None of the 7 countries involved make it into the top-ten of the highest populated Muslim Countries.

Obama does it - Nobel Peace Prize and standing ovations globally, wherever and whenever.

Trump follows through with his campaign promises - Buffoon, Fool, Idiot, racist, serial groper, Liar, moron, bigot, Xenophobe, misogynist.....
Old 31-01-2017, 12:34 AM   #882
ford man xf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy1960
Trump is the catalyst for the radicalized extremists to misguidedly justify trying to kill people all over the place for their crazy Islamic ideals that 99.9% of moderate Muslims are horrified by
Wait, so your suggesting that Donald Trump is now to blame for any future terrorist attacks? It won't be the Islamic extremists fault? If I don't agree with somebody and then punch them in the face, I'm to blame for that, I take responsibility for that, it's no one else fault.
Why would they need to justify trying to kill more people as per the guidelines of their religion when it's something that has been happening for so long?
Where are you getting this 99.9% moderate Muslims stat from? How do you define "moderate"?

Quote:
Trump's targeting of all travelers from the countries involved is like saying every catholic priest is a pedophile ..and of course they're not....
Yet nowhere in the bible does it state to be a pedophile....

Quote:
Which extremists group stated this?

Quote:
This fool within a week alienates places based purely on supposition that incoming people from there may have terrorist agendas purely because they lived in a Muslim country .*
Obama did the same thing for Iraqi's for 6 months, didn't hear to much on that though did we, in fact he was even applauded for it. Donald Trump is doing this for 3 months to setup a more thorough/vigorous vetting process to protect the people and make sure no extremists can get through. He want's to setup safe zones in Syria for civilians. Speak to an Israeli, they are banned from traveling to over 15 Islamic nations, no outcry though?

Quote:
That's as dumb and fascist and racist as you can get.
If he was a fascist like you say, wouldn't he have banned ALL Muslims from entering the USA?. Islam isn't a race of people, its a religious ideology, there's no specific Muslim race.

Quote:
The USA hasn't learned it's lesson.. Last time they supposed that terrorists were at play in Iraq
The "coalition of the willing" as it was then known didn't go into Iraq because of terrorists (although they did accuse Saddam Hussein of giving terrorists a safe haven within Iraq), but you are right, it was for WOMD and later found out to be bad intel/lies, more than likely a false flag to pave the way for an invasion.

Quote:
AND..then carries on about preference to Christians...
The Christians are the most vulnerable group in the Middle East, there has been literal genocide committed against them in Syria by a number of Islamist groups, the Yazidis got it pretty bad as well. Obama refused to acknowledge that genocide was actually happening despite the evidence to the contrary, all the while giving preference to Syrian Muslims over Syrian Christians.
It's pretty amusing though, considering the XR8 next year will be reborn with the same spec engine as the FG GT, could you imagine being a HSV owner forking out all that money on a brand new GTS, then pulling up to the lights next to a FH XR8 and then sitting side by side all the way to 100 and beyond
Even more embarrasing would be the lower spec variants of the VF in HSV's stable getting whopped by a factory XR8.
5 users like this post:
Old 31-01-2017, 12:37 AM   #883
tranquilized
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

In Australia,

The Australian Newspaper

The Andrew Bolt Report

In The USA,

Fox News

Reuters News Service

Bare Naked Islam ( a good site to find out Muslim progress in the Western World )
That is hilarious, top class satire there mate, well done.
3 users like this post:
Old 31-01-2017, 12:48 AM   #884
ford man xf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
Obama has cancelled Visa's and suspended refugee's from entering America before. The 7 countries currently targeted were the exact same 7 under the Obama administration, with Drone Strikes to boot - granted ISIS front-line changes hourly.

Racist? Total Muslim ban? None of the 7 countries involved make it into the top-ten of the highest populated Muslim Countries.

Obama does it - Nobel Peace Prize and standing ovations globally, wherever and whenever.

Trump follows through with his campaign promises - Buffoon, Fool, Idiot, racist, serial groper, Liar, moron, bigot, Xenophobe, misogynist.....
All true.

Even funnier, get this, the Obama administration deported over 2.5 million immigrants from 2009 onwards...yet not outcry, not even a whimper!

Surely people can see a trend here, surely by now, you can at least, just a tiny tiny bit see that you might have been deceived all these years even just a tiny bit, all those memes and virtue signalling you have been partaking on Facebook and those memes you've been reading and liking (no, loving!) on Facebook might just be a tiny bit fictitious/fallacious.

Oh and yeh both sides do it, actually all sides do it, Trump can be a master at it, but just don't make it a one sided hypocritical affair, division is in the air and it's mostly coming from one side.....interesting times.
It's pretty amusing though, considering the XR8 next year will be reborn with the same spec engine as the FG GT, could you imagine being a HSV owner forking out all that money on a brand new GTS, then pulling up to the lights next to a FH XR8 and then sitting side by side all the way to 100 and beyond
Even more embarrasing would be the lower spec variants of the VF in HSV's stable getting whopped by a factory XR8.

Last edited by ford man xf; 31-01-2017 at 01:08 AM.
5 users like this post:
Old 31-01-2017, 01:50 AM   #885
Peterwl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquilized View Post
That is hilarious, top class satire there mate, well done.

Happy to oblige, now you can be far better informed !

2009 FG XR6 5 Speed
2 users like this post:
Old 31-01-2017, 07:56 AM   #886
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

I'll start with a gentle reminder that personal attacks and insults will not be tolerated. You can debate an issue or point of view vigorously but as soon as it deteriorates into personal retorts then I will start handing out warnings.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 31-01-2017, 08:12 AM   #887
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:

The Australian Newspaper

The Andrew Bolt Report

Surely you jest Sir?

I find the best neutral source of news in Australia is news from outside Australia. So BBC World, Deutsche Vella and Aljazeera. If I watch local news it will most likely be ABC News 24.

Last edited by FairmontGS; 31-01-2017 at 08:19 AM.
3 users like this post:
Old 31-01-2017, 08:18 AM   #888
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:

In Australia,

The Australian Newspaper

The Andrew Bolt Report

In The USA,

Fox News

Reuters News Service

You lost me at The Andrew Bolt report.............
Old 31-01-2017, 08:52 AM   #889
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Excellent real news here:
http://www.theunshackled.net/

Great news, satire, comment and opinion here:
http://www.xyz.net.au/
3 users like this post:
Old 31-01-2017, 09:42 AM   #890
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
Surely you jest Sir?

I find the best neutral source of news in Australia is news from outside Australia. So BBC World, Deutsche Vella and Aljazeera. If I watch local news it will most likely be ABC News 24.
This. A veteran of the news and journalistic trade once told me that if you want to find out what's happening in your own country, watch/read the overseas services' reporting about local events. This he said, was simply due to far less bias and agenda being involved.

Scaled Business Solutions
For Your Small Business IT Needs
2 users like this post:
Old 31-01-2017, 10:20 AM   #891
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
Surely you jest Sir?

This,

I find Al Jazeera to be really good but also use BBC World frequently. I spend about two to three hours media watching each day because of my job and these two i consider as the most reliable. It's funny how we think something here is big news and it's not even on the radar in world news.

Interesting how much Americans are protesting when their president is just doing what he said he would, it's not like it's a surprise. Also those criticising the current immigration bans should do some reading first before coming here and going off. Look back to 2011 and the Obama administration and what they did. Also have a look at the numbers that the Obama administration deported. But everyone loves a good bandwagon right?

Im neither for or against Trump, but man i love seeing all these lefties so up in arms while the right just sits and grins.
5 users like this post:
Old 31-01-2017, 10:34 AM   #892
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic View Post
This,

I find Al Jazeera to be really good but also use BBC World frequently. I spend about two to three hours media watching each day because of my job and these two i consider as the most reliable. It's funny how we think something here is big news and it's not even on the radar in world news.

Interesting how much Americans are protesting when their president is just doing what he said he would, it's not like it's a surprise. Also those criticising the current immigration bans should do some reading first before coming here and going off. Look back to 2011 and the Obama administration and what they did. Also have a look at the numbers that the Obama administration deported. But everyone loves a good bandwagon right?

Im neither for or against Trump, but man i love seeing all these lefties so up in arms while the right just sits and grins.
The issue with both the extreme Left and Right is that take a sliver of truth and wrap their own spin on it.

Trump managed to say a lot of things in the election campaign, sometimes quite outrageous and then would pivot away. It was like he was casting a net to hook people with "out there" view and then moderating those statements in order for more centrists to say "He wouldn't do that"

Just have a look at things he has said to see he is all over the place.

The "Muslim" ban being the same as Obama is misrepresentation as well. A sliver of truth then a big jump in spin. They are not the same at all.
Old 31-01-2017, 10:57 AM   #893
Peterwl

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post
Excellent real news here:
http://www.theunshackled.net/

Great news, satire, comment and opinion here:
http://www.xyz.net.au/

Thank you for this info, I bookmarked them both. !

2009 FG XR6 5 Speed
2 users like this post:
Old 31-01-2017, 10:59 AM   #894
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Thank you for this info, I bookmarked them both. !
The challenge for you is to read things that do not enforce your view of the world. IMO this is where you and others both left and right come unstuck. You wind up in a echo chamber of your own beliefs and biases...
Old 31-01-2017, 11:02 AM   #895
Peterwl

Quote:
The challenge for you is to read things that do not enforce your view of the world. IMO this is where you and others both left and right come unstuck. You wind up in a echo chamber of your own beliefs and biases...

The problem with your suggestion is that "facts" and "logic" get in the way.

2009 FG XR6 5 Speed
Old 31-01-2017, 11:07 AM   #896
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
The problem with your suggestion is that "facts" and "logic" get in the way.
What do you mean by that?
Old 31-01-2017, 11:26 AM   #897
Hippy
Man from Ironbark

okay ,

the way i see it , if anyone opposes Usa Democratic election , go over

there , and voice your opinions to them ..

we . in Australia have a bigger issue , ie ,,

nth Qld , prime beef raising land , is being forcibly taken from
graziers , and cattle producers to accomadate an offshore military
force , Namely Singapore ;;;

and . no one is interested ??

Singapore , yep Big Country eh ...\

why . what is Australia afraid of ??

my father warned me of this in 1963 ..[he was special forces in those

days ..]

i do expect a backlash to this post ,, but , the Truth hurts ..

i worked in Malaysia in in 1989 , in construction [Penjom gold mine ]
nightshift superviser ,
and all the local workers said Aussies are a bunch of limp diks \
they used to show their dismain by putting the hand up , with a finger
bent down ..

my Father would say , he is glad he is dead ...

i personally still love this country ,

i worry about our Country ,,,,

cheers , when ya knock this Post , think ..

Last edited by Hippy; 31-01-2017 at 11:34 AM.
2 users like this post:
Old 31-01-2017, 11:46 AM   #898
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Mum told me to get off the internet and go outside and play for a while.

So I'll leave you guys to have fun discussing Trumpy and friends.

Have fun!!!
Old 31-01-2017, 12:18 PM   #899
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippy View Post
okay ,

the way i see it , if anyone opposes Usa Democratic election , go over

there , and voice your opinions to them ..

we . in Australia have a bigger issue , ie ,,

nth Qld , prime beef raising land , is being forcibly taken from
graziers , and cattle producers to accomadate an offshore military
force , Namely Singapore ;;;

and . no one is interested ??

Singapore , yep Big Country eh ...\

why . what is Australia afraid of ??

my father warned me of this in 1963 ..[he was special forces in those

days ..]

i do expect a backlash to this post ,, but , the Truth hurts ..

i worked in Malaysia in in 1989 , in construction [Penjom gold mine ]
nightshift superviser ,
and all the local workers said Aussies are a bunch of limp diks \
they used to show their dismain by putting the hand up , with a finger
bent down ..

my Father would say , he is glad he is dead ...

i personally still love this country ,

i worry about our Country ,,,,

cheers , when ya knock this Post , think ..
Sorry, did you stumble in here by accident?
3 users like this post:
Old 31-01-2017, 12:35 PM   #900
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

I was going to comment on here about Trump but a lot of you would miss the point I'm trying to make so I deleted it, from what I've seen its as bad as Ford vs. Holden, Apple vs. Android, Xbox vs. PS4 etc etc
Closed Thread