Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 12:57 AM   #61
XRchic
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndOwner
This thread isnt locked yet... Whats the deal ?

I thought BB threads were outlawed here!
Im not sure that they are outlawed completely but I would imagine they are monitored. Since everyone is behaving on this thread, there is probably no need to close it. Unless there are legal issues, which I doubt.

: Cobra :
Old 02-07-2006, 12:58 AM   #62
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndOwner
I thought BB threads were outlawed here!
What the? Its news buddy - it will make the headlines tomorrow

Dont like it - done read it.............

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Old 02-07-2006, 12:59 AM   #63
pennybrain
Heart of Blue

There should be no lack of evidence if camilla does decide to take legal action.
Old 02-07-2006, 01:05 AM   #64
GCFordChic
I love AU XR8s

Well i'm in the minority i guess, but at least i can admit to actually watching it. Half the people i know say they dont then you start talking about BB with someone nearby and then they chime in and know everything...interesting.

I just got home and heard about it while i was out, uh 'studying' yeah thats what uni students do on saturday nights...no hang on its ok it is uni break! Soooo much speculation on other forums (dedicated to Big Brother, I know, the travesty and waste of space....) and I am betting it probably will get axed.

People say that Camilla doesnt care, but when she gets legal advice and realises what sort of money she can come into, i wonder if that would change her mind..

Enough of this BB dribble... i came on here to talk about Fords, then i got all sidetracked.... close this thread so i dont get drawn to posting more BB crap on it!!

Save me.... i have been brainwashed.....

FPV & XR Owners Club of Qld
Want more info on our club?
fpvxrqldinfo@gmail.com
or see our Club Section

My Garage:
AU II XR8 Sedan "Lil T"
Hyundai i30 SR
yeah baby!
Old 02-07-2006, 01:06 AM   #65
AC
Saving for a Jet Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRchic
Im not sure that they are outlawed completely but I would imagine they are monitored. Since everyone is behaving on this thread, there is probably no need to close it. Unless there are legal issues, which I doubt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRHEMI
What the? Its news buddy - it will make the headlines tomorrow

Dont like it - done read it.............
XRchic:
Usually BB threads are closed before they get going. Just an observation.
I think you right, usually closed because people cant behave themselves.

DRHEMI:
Im not saying i hate it or like it, My Mrs loves it so i watch it anyway.
Friday night games are my fav, interesting to see what people will do for a prize...
Im always up to see some news, controversy, an upset... I thrive on it
Old 02-07-2006, 01:06 AM   #66
XRchic
Hello

I WONDER if it could all be a set up, a very elaborate one to get massive ratings and to seriously revive interest in a dying series... just the sort of thing to suck everyone in... they did say something about a massive and unexpected twist in this series, didnt they? Probably a bit far fetched, but with closing the site etc, just to make it more dramatic and to keep people hanging on...

I guess you never know and eventually we will find out.. or not.

Old 02-07-2006, 01:09 AM   #67
tim2x

This could be all setup, but im wondering, could all this end big brother early this year? if so

THANK GOD!
Old 02-07-2006, 01:10 AM   #68
GCFordChic
I love AU XR8s

Conspiracy Theorists Unite!!!!

It seems to go a bit too far to be a pub stunt. I mean...criminal and indecent conduct, spontaneously (perhaps not....) performed by 2 HMs....

I told you this would happen!! just...have...to....turn....off...computer....

fpvxrqldinfo@gmail.com
or see our Club Section

My Garage:
AU II XR8 Sedan "Lil T"
Hyundai i30 SR
yeah baby!
Old 02-07-2006, 01:14 AM   #69
XRchic
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCFordChic
Conspiracy Theorists Unite!!!!

It seems to go a bit too far to be a pub stunt. I mean...criminal and indecent conduct, spontaneously (perhaps not....) performed by 2 HMs....

I told you this would happen!! just...have...to....turn....off...computer....
I tend to agree, it would probably be a bit too far but with reality tv these days, you just never know 100% for sure... I just wouldnt be all that surprised if it ended up being a set up.

It would only be criminal and open to civil legal action if it were real though... if it were a set up, then none of that applies, naturally.

Old 02-07-2006, 01:16 AM   #70
GCFordChic
I love AU XR8s

can someone just answer a question i have that may be really dumb. (im a blonde, im allowed 4 dumb blonde questions a day, 3 extra if a game of sport of some sort is on.)

How is the 'Posts:11' on my side bar bit calculated, i looked and i have made 29 posts...is it threads? or do ones in closed threads not count or something....?

fpvxrqldinfo@gmail.com
or see our Club Section

My Garage:
AU II XR8 Sedan "Lil T"
Hyundai i30 SR
yeah baby!
Old 02-07-2006, 01:18 AM   #71
XRchic
Hello

Quote:
can someone just answer a question i have that may be really dumb. (im a blonde, im allowed 4 dumb blonde questions a day, 3 extra if a game of sport of some sort is on.)

How is the 'Posts:11' on my side bar bit calculated, i looked and i have made 29 posts...is it threads? or do ones in closed threads not count or something....?
Posts in threads in the Bar count for nothing.

Old 02-07-2006, 01:19 AM   #72
Perana
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah I tend to agree Jac... I wouldn't put anything past the producers

Quote:

Posts in "The Bar" Don't count towards your post count
Old 02-07-2006, 01:23 AM   #73
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRHEMI
The prize pool was $1,000,000 Aus Dollars which is about $100,000 pounds lol
I hope you don't go OS getting exchange rates like that.... ;)

Old 02-07-2006, 01:23 AM   #74
GCFordChic
I love AU XR8s

:( thats where most of mine are.... i read so many in other threads but i dont know enough to post anything....better get me teached quick! LOL

I am going to go to sleep now, as for BB...WHO KNOWS!!!! maybe an alien and a vampire transvestite will be the new intruders to keep numbers up....

fpvxrqldinfo@gmail.com
or see our Club Section

My Garage:
AU II XR8 Sedan "Lil T"
Hyundai i30 SR
yeah baby!
Old 02-07-2006, 01:24 AM   #75
Tiga_EL
Banned

Umm from what i saw last, didnt that Camilla chik want Ashley anyway? Why is she complaining now.. Everytime i see the show, i always hear her bitching, ####### #####. Hope she gets kicked out soon.
Old 02-07-2006, 01:31 AM   #76
XRchic
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiga_EL
Umm from what i saw last, didnt that Camilla chik want Ashley anyway? Why is she complaining now..
When will men learn that just because a chic behaves like she likes a bloke or is flirting or whatever, does not mean that she is asking to be sexually assaulted!???

Old 02-07-2006, 01:37 AM   #77
GCFordChic
I love AU XR8s

Quote:
When will men learn that just because a chic behaves like she likes a bloke or is flirting or whatever, does not mean that she is asking to be sexually assaulted!???
I second that...sure some understand this, but that is a statement that is popping up on all the other forums i am looking at at the moment...Oh good news for all BB haters, there is a (cough cough) 'reliable' source saying on another forum that producers are having crisis talks and are considering pulling the plug and giving the remaining money to the rest still in the house. Whoo Hooo, whats that like $5 each?!?! they wont get a chance to play games to win it back like last year.... uh i mean thats what a 'friend' told me they did... hang on i already admitted i watched it didnt i....

fpvxrqldinfo@gmail.com
or see our Club Section

My Garage:
AU II XR8 Sedan "Lil T"
Hyundai i30 SR
yeah baby!
Old 02-07-2006, 01:52 AM   #78
ScoopED
Thumbs up for fossil fuel

Just a question.....

Several people have said that 'Camilla should sue Big Brother'......
Why? Big brother did not turkey slap Camilla (tho that would be funny, provided it was consentual).

I imagine that John and Ashley would be the ones to cop a law suit against them, which, in my opinion they disserve.

I dont think that Big brother could be held liable in anyway with this matter.

It was a terrible thing that they did.

Mike

1992 EB Fairmont
351cu in Windsor Roller Cam
Valve Body "Shift Kitted" BTR 4spd Auto
Hi Tek Headers Tri Y
Twin 2.25 into Single 2.5in
17in x 8in BA XR8 Copies
235x45x17 Nankang NSII
Ultra Low King springs
Whiteline 30mm Swaybar
Nolathane box section trailing arms
Slotted DBA front rotors
Yella Terra roller rockers
Old 02-07-2006, 02:23 AM   #79
XRchic
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopED
Just a question.....

Several people have said that 'Camilla should sue Big Brother'......
Why? Big brother did not turkey slap Camilla (tho that would be funny, provided it was consentual).

I imagine that John and Ashley would be the ones to cop a law suit against them, which, in my opinion they disserve.

I dont think that Big brother could be held liable in anyway with this matter.

It was a terrible thing that they did.

Mike
Trust me, BB or Channel 10 would at least be partially liable in a civil action. Probably tort of negligence, or even breach of contract. The two fellas could be done criminally.

Old 02-07-2006, 02:27 AM   #80
Kryton

yeah its all funny isnt it...till your sister or mum gets held down against her will and sexually abused.
just because its a TV show doesnt mean its right in any way shape or form.
Old 02-07-2006, 02:38 AM   #81
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiga_EL
Umm from what i saw last, didnt that Camilla chik want Ashley anyway? Why is she complaining now
She was quoted for saying she would like a 3some with the boys not long before it happened, but all the dialogue quoted off the live cams on the BB site was swiftly removed.

But yeah, as stated, even if she did want ashley, what those lads did was over the line, may have been a slightly different story if she was just lying there, and not have someone holding her down, letting him T-Bag her and Turkey Slap her :
Old 02-07-2006, 02:43 AM   #82
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

Quote:
The two fellas could be done criminally.
Agreed, especially as teenagers seem to look up to people on this show as role models, nice example they are setting for young fellas respecting women :
Old 02-07-2006, 02:49 AM   #83
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

Just found this, interesting to see if its true:

Quote:
Crisis talks as Network Ten axe BB?

According to a source inside Network Ten, senior management have met with Southern Star Endemol producers tonight regarding the future of the program, Big Brother on the network.

Just under a fortnight ago, Ten management finally axed the show Big Brother Adults Only, citing continued government pressure in relation to censors.

While the controvesy of the weekends events involving Ashley and John, who were evicted earlier tonight, was certaintly the main reason for the talks, others suggest a sudden collapse of funding from the major sponsors also prompted the talks.

At 9.30pm tonight, the Official Site shut down it's forums, unable to keep up with removing posts regarding why John and Ashley were evicted, even after pleading with forum users to steer clear of talking about the subject.

The source has also claimed that just under an hour ago plans were being finalised from the meeting, and that the decision reached was to axe Big Brother immediately, with the remaining prizemoney split 8 ways between the contestants still in the house.

The source has also claimed that tomorrow's eviction will no longer go ahead, instead being replaced by The Simpsons and a special Futurama documentary
Old 02-07-2006, 03:06 AM   #84
XRchic
Hello

What a shame, to never see Gretel the S K A N K again!

Old 02-07-2006, 03:18 AM   #85
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
What a shame, to never see Gretel the S K A N K again!
Oh yeah, a real shame :
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
Old 02-07-2006, 03:47 AM   #86
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
Bingo. A Turkey Slap is not classed as an acceptable sexual advance.

Old 02-07-2006, 04:27 AM   #87
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR8fella
Just found this, interesting to see if its true:
Awesome- I love Futurama
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
Old 02-07-2006, 08:34 AM   #88
red_hotxr6
Banned

It must be true as it is in the news papers and on foxtel news.Idiots, probably did it as there is not much money left any way. :
Old 02-07-2006, 10:22 AM   #89
AC
Saving for a Jet Car

From
SMH.com.au

Quote:
July 2, 2006

Two contestants on Big Brother are at the centre of a sexual controversy after being ejected from the Channel Ten program.

John and Ashley allegedly sexually harassed female contestant Camilla early yesterday.

Viewers who had watched the reality program online at 4.30am yesterday described the incident on Big Brother's online forum.

The alleged harassment was taken so seriously by Channel Ten and producers from Southern Star Endemol, they ejected the two contestants from the house. It is the first time any Big Brother contestants in Australia have been removed from the competition by the program's makers.

"I can't comment [on the sexual allegations]," said David Brown, from Southern Star Endemol. "But their removal from the house should indicate how serious the matter is."

Mr Brown said police had not laid any charges surrounding the incident.

The two men will not receive any further prizes or endorsements from the program because of the official breach of rules regarding sexual harassment.

Security guards escorted the pair from the Gold Coast compound yesterday.

In a joint statement shortly after they left the house, Ashley, a bricklayer from Western Australia, and John, a student from Victoria, admitted they had broken the game's rules.

"We had a great time in the house and it is unfortunate it had to end this way but BB has rules and regulations and we broke them," the statement said.

"We are all very close in the house and we would never do anything to offend our fellow housemates."

Eight contestants remain in the sixth series of the show, battling it out for the $275,000 prizemoney.

The money started at $1 million but has been whittled away as the contestants have incurred fines for breaches including not wearing microphones, discussing nominations and singing commercial music.

Tonight David, Camilla, Gaelan and Krystal are up for elimination.

Producers said an eviction would still go ahead despite yesterday's developments
Old 02-07-2006, 10:36 AM   #90
Ultimate
Pimp Daddy Pimp Pimp

Location: Queensland Events Assistant Co-Ordinator. Fiery's Little Helper

Well myself i never watched the show and never will. I just dont see how watching people like they are rats in a cage is entertaining.

Jeff
---------------------------------------------------
AFF Merchandise

Excellent Purchases With: AFF Team, Rooster, Russ
Closed Thread