Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 21-02-2006, 11:12 PM   #61
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirtekGirl76
Back on topic

I flicked it off and shoulder charged the shower door to freedom. Screaming my head off until I was saved by a big strong man.

Ummmmmmmm Tori you left out the funniest bit though....
the two big strong men that were at the house were almost wetting themselves laughing at you .. before one decided they better help you (or shut you up)...
As was described to me... they looked a bit like this little emoticon in the lounge room,

nasty nasty males eh Tori :evil_laug
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2006, 11:12 PM   #62
Lightning Strike GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery
speak for yourself eh.. not all love to hate them you know :
I let them live (and their noise doesn't bother me at all) in and around my house (hate having to use poisons in case I kill some - but the spiders do need to be kept under control too)...
Kerri just that they have fused my stereo , then the next day I got home from work and the microwave was kaput - pulled it apart and there was about 5 fried geckos in the contol box and they have set up home behind the entertainment unit with gecko cr@p all behind the TV and they cr@p all over the kitchen bench which is not very hygenic
So when I see them WHACK they are a PITA (Pain in the A$$)
The only spiders I knock on the head are the black house spider , the white tail and the red fellas the rest I could not care about as they keep the insect population under contol , I had a pet huntsman running around the house for about 2 weeks until the wife found it (WHACK size 7 high heel), and on the last cruise at Kenilworth there was a huntsman in the fridge of the IGA and everyone was freaking out and all I did was pick it up and put it in the garden outside the shop to thaw out he was too cold and slow to do the bolt.
And an 2019 MD Mondeo Trend Wagon in Platinum White

Last edited by Lightning Strike GT; 21-02-2006 at 11:25 PM. Reason: fix up the 100+ spelling mistakes
Lightning Strike GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2006, 11:14 PM   #63
'63Deluxe
Irregular Member

Had this guy crawl out from behind the mirror in the bedroom - as we were going to bed. Took a while to subdue with the spray as he went behind the AC, a very narrow gap.
'63Deluxe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2006, 11:15 PM   #64
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU XR8
on the last cruse at Kenilworth there was a huntman in the fridge of the IGA and everone was freaking out and all I did was pick it up and put it in the garden outside the shop to thaw out he was too cold and slow to do the bolt.
Well I hope after you turned your back that someone else had the sense enough to squash the thing......... ewwwwwww !!!!
So glad wasn't on THAT cruise :
Old 21-02-2006, 11:17 PM   #65
Lightning Strike GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirtekGirl76
Geez boy, you are confused....

My Princess ute is Menace not Gecko!!

How could you not love Gecko - she is just beautiful
Yes I should of worded that one better a word smith I aint
They (the chirping , crapping geckos) are not a menace they are a woeful PITA
The Gecko above is sweet , that is the only one I like
Your Menace is sweeter :
And an 2019 MD Mondeo Trend Wagon in Platinum White
Lightning Strike GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2006, 11:21 PM   #66
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Did a trip to Cape York a few years ago that involved lots of rain forest hiking. You havent lived until your face comes within an inch or two of a bird spider (they catch birds in their web and consume them). Clown spiders were also a constant tickle on your neck, arm, face, feets. YUK.
Outbackjack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2006, 11:41 PM   #67
mr_efxr
Not your average EF Wagon

I'm not a spider person at all, they ИИИИ me but Huntsman spiders I leave alone. Got one big mofo of a Huntsman in the Shed and Garage. Good thing about them is that they don't make webs and they get rid of other insects and spiders.
Besides that, hate the bastards.

The recently SOLD 95 EF Wagon 5spd NA SLEEPER

The Daily cruisers now *95 R33 Skyline GTS-T RB25DET *93 Lexus GS300 2JZ-GTE

Car enthusiasts visit Unique Cars and Parts
mr_efxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2006, 12:01 AM   #68
NC 5ltr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Freakiest things i have seen a huntman do was grab a cicada that was buzzing around a fluro light in mid air,hit the ground and preceded to walk away with it.

I,ve got pictures of it i'll post em in due time.

QUOTE What makes you think I'm going to park behind a VE? I don't even attend the Sydney Gay Mardi Gras! QUOTE
NC 5ltr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2006, 08:39 AM   #69
lisa76
BEU77Y and the BEE55T

Have you ever seen one with a ИИИИroach? We used to have racing greyhounds in the backyard, so they were always in their kennels, not running around. One day, I went to get one of the dogs out to take it for a run when I noticed something falling to the ground from under the tin of the kennel roof. On closer inspection, the falling stuff was ИИИИroach bits - legs and bits of wing etc. There was a huge huntsman sitting on the timber roof frame of the kennel eating a ИИИИroach and discarding the bits it didn't want. Even though I really despise huntsman spiders, it was kind of interesting to watch!

His: BEE55T 80 Series Landcruiser
Double diff locks, Rancho in cab adjustable shocks, 2" lift, GPS, Mickey Thompson Baja Claws (offroad) and coming soon Mickey Thompson ATZ Radials
lisa76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2006, 04:57 PM   #70
gww64

It`s not the big buggers i have trouble with. You can pick them up and chuck em out the window. It`s the quick little ones that keep running up your legs when you`re driving and you can`t catch em that annoy the hell out of me :SaiyanSmi
gww64 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2006, 05:06 PM   #71
XRated
Shoot.

My family gets together once a week (each Wednesday night for dinner). Each time (one of) my brothers leaves, he always says, "I bets there's a frigging huntsman near the door." And sure enough, two weeks in a row there have been two of the bastards sitting and waiting.

Funny thing is, my three brothers are over 6 feet tall (I'm a tad under) and we're all freakin' pansies when it comes to huntsmans!!!!

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2006, 07:30 PM   #72
AC
Saving for a Jet Car

I havnt had any huntsmen lately...

But i have these guys living in my Clothes line :

Meet Brownie and Lionel, now to get the free loaders to pay rent :P
Sorry about the picture size, thats sized down quite substantially already.
Great detail though

AC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2006, 08:12 PM   #73
AC
Saving for a Jet Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndOwner
I havnt had any huntsmen lately...

But i have these guys living in my Clothes line :

Meet Brownie and Lionel, now to get the free loaders to pay rent :P
Sorry about the picture size, thats sized down quite substantially already.
Great detail though

I moved the pics...

AC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2006, 08:23 PM   #74
rob_liss_lms10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa76
Have you ever seen one with a ИИИИroach? We used to have racing greyhounds in the backyard, so they were always in their kennels, not running around. One day, I went to get one of the dogs out to take it for a run when I noticed something falling to the ground from under the tin of the kennel roof. On closer inspection, the falling stuff was ИИИИroach bits - legs and bits of wing etc. There was a huge huntsman sitting on the timber roof frame of the kennel eating a ИИИИroach and discarding the bits it didn't want. Even though I really despise huntsman spiders, it was kind of interesting to watch!
lol@ИИИИroach censor
sorry back on topic
Lissa :
Old 23-02-2006, 05:20 PM   #75
XRated
Shoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRated
My family gets together once a week (each Wednesday night for dinner). Each time (one of) my brothers leaves, he always says, "I bets there's a frigging huntsman near the door." And sure enough, two weeks in a row there have been two of the bastards sitting and waiting.

Funny thing is, my three brothers are over 6 feet tall (I'm a tad under) and we're all freakin' pansies when it comes to huntsmans!!!!
Wadda ya know.... Last night there was a little baby bastard.

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2006, 01:36 AM   #76
McobraR
me may my mo

OMG just a few minutes ago i headed to the kitchen turned the lights on, started walkin to the kitchen then i stepped on somethin fuzzy.... when the light finally lit up i see this MASSIVE huntsman... man i couldnt believe i just stepped on one i was thinking about that feeling for a while, then i got one of my dads shoes and killed it. Man im surprised it didnt bite me, and lucky i had my socks on (blessing in disguise maybe?) cus seriously i dont kno what i wouldve done, or what it wouldve done to me. Im just thinking about that feeling right now and just feel all tingly....FFARRRRKKKKKKK
McobraR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2006, 01:42 AM   #77
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

oh gee thanks........ you had to talk about rotten spiders didn't you...... e
There is something extremely wrong thinking about those things especially at night.........
Hate those things........ hate them, hate them....hate them

Did I mention I hate them

*thinking my sleep is going to be non-existent tonight now*
Old 17-03-2006, 01:49 AM   #78
McobraR
me may my mo

Quote:
oh gee thanks........ you had to talk about rotten spiders didn't you...... e
There is something extremely wrong thinking about those things especially at night.........
Hate those things........ hate them, hate them....hate them

Did I mention I hate them

*thinking my sleep is going to be non-existent tonight now*
Lucky u, u only have to think about em, i was unfortunate enough to actually make contact and feel that thing shake while under my feet. AARRGGHHH!!! Luckily for me its dead, but i reckon there could be more somewhere in my house, just hoping its not in my room.
Old 17-03-2006, 01:51 AM   #79
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by McobraR
Lucky u, u only have to think about em, i was unfortunate enough to actually make contact and feel that thing shake while under my feet. AARRGGHHH!!! Luckily for me its dead, but i reckon there could be more somewhere in my house, just hoping its not in my room.
Well there is a story there about spiders and bedrooms, but Im not going into it..... Remembering somethings is just down right bad!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can tell you if I actually physically felt one there is no way I would be calm enough to be using the computer ........:

ewwwwwww my skin is crawling now............ :(
Old 17-03-2006, 02:00 AM   #80
McobraR
me may my mo

Quote:
Well there is a story there about spiders and bedrooms, but Im not going into it..... Remembering somethings is just down right bad!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can tell you if I actually physically felt one there is no way I would be calm enough to be using the computer ........:

ewwwwwww my skin is crawling now............ :(
HAHA yeh im still feeling tingly even while on the comp, but hey, its gone and its only a huntsman... not like they can kill u, unless they purposely sneak up to ya while ur asleep and bite u in ur nerves...which is unlikely., but imagine if like u wake up and theres one hairy *** huntsman in ur face.... LOL just playin around with ya, i'l shutup now .
Old 17-03-2006, 02:11 AM   #81
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by McobraR
HAHA yeh im still feeling tingly even while on the comp, but hey, its gone and its only a huntsman... not like they can kill u, unless they purposely sneak up to ya while ur asleep and bite u in ur nerves...which is unlikely., but imagine if like u wake up and theres one hairy *** huntsman in ur face.... LOL just playin around with ya, i'l shutup now .

*note to self........ do not read McobraR's posts ever ever again

shuddering now.......thankyou so much :jab:

:
Old 17-03-2006, 02:15 AM   #82
AMT
Come fly with P.S.I...

What bout White tails, man those things are fearless bastards..mean pricks.. :
Old 17-03-2006, 02:22 AM   #83
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

fiery - how's this fact for ya:

Quote:
In the course of an average lifetime you will, while sleeping, eat 70 assorted insects and 10 spiders
Now have a good nights sleep
Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2006, 02:23 AM   #84
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadman
fiery - how's this fact for ya:

Now have a good nights sleep
This "Fact" was already proven wrong on the 2nd page of this thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabbler
NOT TRUE, URBAN MYTH, rest easy.
http://www.spiderzrule.com/answers.htm

Q. Do spiders crawl in my mouth and nose while I am sleeping?
A. I think it would be highly unlikely that spiders would crawl into a person's mouth or nose while they sleeping. For one thing we move around a lot while we are sleeping and this would deter a spider from even crawling on you, let alone enter any orifice, especially one which is wet and dark. Breathing through your mouth or nose would also deter a spider from entering and most house spiders are too big to fit into a nose in any case. Spiders, like virtually all arthropods, flee from breath. After all, there are lots of vertebrates that eat arthropods, and if you're an arthropod and something is breathing on you, it's not a good idea to stick around.

For a spider to get into your mouth while you're sleeping, (a) you must have your mouth open when you sleep, which is certainly not something that everyone odes, so there's a big chunk of people who can never swallow anything; (b) there has to be a wandering spider in your immediate vicinity, also something which--for most people in the civilized world, at least--is a fairly rare occurrence; (c) the spider has to either jump or fall into your mouth from a long distance, because they won't go near your mouth otherwise (they're not suicidal), and the odds are pretty astronomical of a spider randomly dropping into your mouth from the ceiling.

There is a story about humans eating eight spiders a year in our sleep without knowing it and that it was supposedly tested by filming people in their sleep for a year. It is hard to believe that a group of people in different sleeping situations would have been filmed for a year or more to validate this statement. It is possible for a spider to walk into your mouth and trigger the swallowing mechanism at the back of the throat and this could in fact occur on a rare occasion. It may even be true that there are a few people out there who have unknowingly eaten eight spiders in the last twelve months. This still would not make such a generalisation be considered as true. I certainly wouldn't lose any sleep worrying about spiders while you sleep!!
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2006, 02:28 AM   #85
Kaktuz
Poison Girl

I had a wolf spider run up the path near me one day so I stood on him and grinded my foot into the ground to make sure he was dead. I will never forget the sound of it's fangs grinding into the concrete.

We recently had a huntsman on the wall in the lounge, I rang up my mum's bf and got him to come home from work to kill it for me.

I have a pretty bad phobia of spiders, I cant even touch a page of a book if it has a spider on it. :(
Old 17-03-2006, 02:29 AM   #86
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
This "Fact" was already proven wrong on the 2nd page of this thread...
Yeah, I actually just realised this thread had more than one page (when I clicked on the thread - it went to the top post on the this page - and I thought it was the OP).

Ah well... I still don't see "spiderzrule" actually prooving it's not true - just some person giving sound explanation why it probably wouldn't be true. I'd like to see the proof that it doesn't happen just to put the false fact to bed - if you find the study Steffo, let me know.
Old 17-03-2006, 02:31 AM   #87
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadman
Yeah, I actually just realised this thread had more than one page (when I clicked on the thread - it went to the top post on the this page - and I thought it was the OP).

Ah well... I still don't see "spiderzrule" actually prooving it's not true - just some guy giving sound explanation why it probably wouldn't be true. I'd like to see the proof that it doesn't happen just to put the false fact to bed - if you find the study Steffo, let me know.
Its on Snopes.com and some spider info sites if you google for it.

Its also a bit of logic... if you were a spider... would you crawl onto this big, moving massive thing that's breathing hot, damp air at you... and crawl into a dark, musty, damp place....

They're not suicidal... or crazy
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2006, 02:35 AM   #88
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
Its also a bit of logic... if you were a spider... would you crawl onto this big, moving massive thing that's breathing hot, damp air at you... and crawl into a dark, musty, damp place....

They're not suicidal... or crazy
If I was a spider I'd be concerned about the myths going around that we'll get eaten by every human 10 times in their lifetime... :
Old 17-03-2006, 11:24 AM   #89
gozza

huntsman can close there pores so yeah bug spray aint totally effective....

i quite like huntsmans......i get some big ones in my house and i just leave em be.....im not sure the odds but i doubt there gonna attack me while im sleeping....my gf gos berko tho.....whole can of mortein on one poor spider.....i hate watching them die slowly
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2006, 11:30 AM   #90
Des
V8 Rock'n'Roll....

Location: You got me Rootin' like a Hog, Barkin' like a Dog, Climbing trees and Jumping logs....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gozza
huntsman can close there pores so yeah bug spray aint totally effective....
It is if you drown the buggers with it!!
I hate spiders with a passion, make my skin crawl....

208.8 rwkw stock, update soon

20x8.5 fr 20x10 rr
Rumble thanks to:
Sureflo Exhaust - Stainless Cat's & 3.5in single catback system

"Tell 'em the guy with the Blue Mohawk sent Ya"
Des is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post