Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 28-10-2005, 10:30 PM   #61
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

LSD in the wet should stick like glue. But when it is wet, it is, or can be, slippery, and the LS in LSD stands for Limited Slip, not "Total Control in All Situations". Anyone with a decent XR has an LSD, and you don't see us complaining about them do you. Sorry to those who have an XR with single spinner, but they are not real XRs (much like my wagon).
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT

Last edited by JC; 28-10-2005 at 10:35 PM.
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2005, 12:58 AM   #62
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

I'll still take the predictability of an LSD over a SS any day thanks. Just learn to drive with it, not against it.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2005, 01:07 AM   #63
RavenLS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by useless
Thanks for advice all ..the lsd done by Gear Exchange Services 10 long st ,Smithfield 96091514..these guys were really good.$ 550 gets your diff to an lsd.It is quieter....
just learn to palm the wheel,Ive got a manaul so i can hold the gears and you might want to try manually shifting your auto when you want to do some side ways action cos you'll have more control when you back off and accelerate when sliding, if its in drive it'll change gears on you and youll lose the powerband.
what gears did you get?
and i bet it dont spin as much if at all off the line now.(depending on what gears you got).

Last edited by RavenLS1; 29-10-2005 at 01:16 AM.
RavenLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2005, 08:24 AM   #64
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
I'll still take the predictability of an LSD over a SS any day thanks. Just learn to drive with it, not against it.
True mate ,this is what I was doing...testing its limitations. Being a proffessional driver on the road 8-12 hours a day around Sydney I wanted to know its limitations and behaviour. I rather would lose a bit of control while safely testing than in a public area out of the blue. Now I know hot to treat it.I just released the throttle totally and it regained control.
However as a point of safety to those too comfortable with its great predictability and improved handling I think people should know the negatives with the positives.
Also I was hoping the lsd will give better traction off the mark but it seems that it really is up to the tyres to stick to the ground whether we have an open wheeler on lsd.Maybe I will be letting tyre pressure down as some do at the track..

Thanks all for your help and I hope this thread is of value to someone out there as it has been to me.
Cheers Stav

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2005, 12:08 PM   #65
MustangNicko
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What gears did you get?
MustangNicko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2005, 12:19 PM   #66
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

Useless has gone from stock 3.23 SS to 3.73 gears with an LSD centre.
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2005, 12:38 PM   #67
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
.However an attemp to get around a corner at full throttle resulted in the wheels spinning and the car fishtailing out of control .The single spinner is by far safer then the lsd...
No offence but Dev4 cam, 3.73 diff, histall and LSD...all on a heavy wagon with no suspension mods at all and cart springs... giving it a bootful around a corner.. what did you exactly think would happen?

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2005, 12:41 PM   #68
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Quote:
Now I know hot to treat it.I just released the throttle totally and it regained control.

NO NO NO!!!! If that's how you regain control you obviously don't know how to treat it. Sure it'll get you out of trouble a lot of the time, especially at lower speeds, but one day that WILL bite you in the ****. If you're going to do it learn how to get out of it PROPERLY!
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2005, 04:01 PM   #69
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
NO NO NO!!!! If that's how you regain control you obviously don't know how to treat it. Sure it'll get you out of trouble a lot of the time, especially at lower speeds, but one day that WILL bite you in the ****. If you're going to do it learn how to get out of it PROPERLY!
yes i have to say i learned this the hard way.

Steer out of it moving quickly to opposite but slowly bringing it on progressively works best. backing off suddenly can cause complete a switch back.
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2005, 07:15 PM   #70
MustangNicko
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hold the wheel in position in the opposite way you are kicking out so the nose is pointing forward, then mash the throtal back and forth ;)
MustangNicko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post