Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-07-2016, 04:57 PM   #61
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Melbourne Motorist Refused Petrol due to Unregistered Plates

Quote:
Originally Posted by calais View Post
Never been to an American servo that wasnt prepaid. Seems to work there, and to stop the rampant thievery it should work here too.
Only in the south of USA you pay before you fill up, I could tell the reason why but nowadays people don't like to hear the truth, because they only serve a Political Correct god.

Should go back to the old service station type where one who knows what they are doing and will tell if you tyres need air ect.
There is a lot of fools out there who drive around with low pressure or dangerous tyres and low on oil and all the rest.

A mate once asked what that noise is, of his relations starting up the car and driving off, I said that's the big end gone, it could of just been because it had no oil, they are the type of people who never service a car and would not have a clue and there are a lot of people out there like that.
It's a wonder there are not more smashes, so much for gov safety message crap every k over BS, such is just mainly brainwashing to get your $.
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2016, 11:43 AM   #62
Sabantien
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When I was in the states I got confused at the servo. Went inside and found out you have to go in and pay first. I gave them $100 note, went back out and filled up, then went back in again for my change. A bit clunky.

I looked into doing the pay at the pump thing, but didn't like that they take out the cash and credit back the change a few days later.
Sabantien is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 19-07-2016, 01:15 PM   #63
baboon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: went to the trouble of posting up some great Vids of the AFF drag meet 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabantien View Post
When I was in the states I got confused at the servo. Went inside and found out you have to go in and pay first. I gave them $100 note, went back out and filled up, then went back in again for my change. A bit clunky.
I had the same problem too. Try paying by credit card!

You get used to it though.
baboon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post