Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 31-12-2013, 04:53 PM   #61
5.4 GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 20% GST on cars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodewd View Post
Ok, so soon Australia wont be producing cars and we have a federal budget deficit. I say lift the GST on cars to 20%. This wont hurt the lower income earners who dont buy cars anywhere near as often as the slightly well-to-do (who also buy more expensive cars). This has no free trade implications either.

Do it Mr Abbott! Make it 12% in 2014, 14% 2015, 16% 2016 and 20% in 2017.

Auto imports are around $25billion/yr so this would net the Feds maybe another $2billion per year?!
This would've been good to apply years ago on the cheaper bulk Japanese and Korean imports to push people towards the local manufacturers.

"So far in 2013, the Corolla sedan and hatchback have accounted for 39,794 sales, a 12.9 per cent jump on 2012’s figures. The Mazda3 - which has been the top-seller for the past two years - has dropped 3.6 per cent, with 38,060 sales to November 30." - http://news.drive.com.au/drive/motor...204-2ypvw.html

If the gov did at least a 5% levy on these type of cars they would've made a motza.
2011 Audi A4 2.7 TDI - gone
2012 Audi A5 3.0 Quattro Coupe - gone
2007 FPV GT - gone
1996 EFII Fairmont Ghia - gone
5.4 GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2013, 04:57 PM   #62
Shonky.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
Legalise weed and tax the crap out of it and come down hard on dealers, big $$$ stream.
I love this post.......

a little bit because it's a good idea

But a big big bit because it got a Thanks from pottery beige and XB GS 351 Coupe

Was sure that would be a mutually exclusive scenario!!!
Shonky. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2013, 05:47 PM   #63
Bill M
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa View Post
lol yeah i'll agree with that.

I was refering to the talk of News corp & soundbites.
For moment I wasn't sure if I was on FFAU or watching an ep of Q&A(which i'm obsessed with).
Yeah it's all good, Tony Jones handles them all with good judgement from what i have seen.

Best wishes to all for 2014!