Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-11-2012, 10:48 PM   #61
Buntz
Straight Eight

Default Re: FALCON Ecoboost Ad !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Not likely. They are still too scared to even mention its a 4 cylinder because public perception of 4 cylinders in big cars is not good, even though its not even an issue in the Ecoboost Falcon. But perceptions are hard to break. Just like people who buy Commodores because they think they are so great, because they don't know any better and are usually no more than sheep who buy them cause their mates reckon there fully hectik and Fords are ****, just because
Camry's are 4 cyl. Sure they're medium sized cars... but still massive. People don't seem to mind. People just need to get in one and drive it. Hopefully the mystery of the advertising will help them.
Old 27-11-2012, 11:08 PM   #62
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
I can't help but laugh at this comment sorry. If it was only ecoboost 4's in Falcon they would currently be selling less than 70 a month. The market has not wanted a bar of it. But luckily you are wrong and the 2014 I6 will cop some improvements.

And you just can't run the engine plant on turbo volume alone, they would be making less than 10 engines a day. How can you continue to run both a casting plant and an engine plant on that. Impossible.

Now where's the LPi ads FFS. Advertise the LPi and all past sins will be forgiven.
You've just seen the advertising campaign for the Ecoboost and maintaining that it will still sell bugger all in 2 years time? Here's an idea: Ford just might have a better idea of product forecasting than you do.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 27-11-2012, 11:29 PM   #63
warpsp33d

Quote:
Now where's the LPi ads FFS. Advertise the LPi and all past sins will be forgiven.
Indeed! Having just bought an EcoLPI, and seeing how good a car it is, people really need to hear about these things, and take them for a drive. So many don't even know that they exist, let alone how good they are.
warpsp33d is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2012, 01:11 AM   #64
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty View Post
Same ad layout in todays Courier mail in BNE too.
It was in the West Australian as well, so it seems like it was a nation-wide blitz.

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2012, 03:05 AM   #65
HULK EF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Front and back pics/bold heading of the ECOBOOST falcon/mondeo and fiesta in tuesdays "Sydney Daily Telegraph".... !!!!!!!
HULK EF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2012, 05:34 PM   #66
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post
You've just seen the advertising campaign for the Ecoboost and maintaining that it will still sell bugger all in 2 years time? Here's an idea: Ford just might have a better idea of product forecasting than you do.
Are you one of the people who claimed it was ok for Ford to not advertise Falcon, because it wouldn't achieve anything and the money was better spent in different markets? Or was that someone else. Cause i'll bet those people will now claim sales will increase because they are now marketing. Can't have it both ways.

Fords product forecasting predicted that they would sell about 5 times as many Ecoboosts this year than what they have built. So I don't think product forecasting actually has much of a clue, its all guess work really, educated guesswork but thats what it is, and they have been so far wide of the mark in the past few years that what they do now really holds bugger all weight.

Explain to me how they can keep the I6 plant running at less than 10 engines a day. If they went standard 4 cylinder they would have to shut the engine and casting plants down. It's an impossibility to have Ecoboost standard unless they want to shut the plants down. So do you think they will do that, because that's what will need to happen with a standard Ecoboost 4 cylinder.
And they will also need to delete the XR from the range as they won't fit the Ecoboost to it, so delete the highest selling model also.

And considering they have plans to upgrade the I6 for 2014 what you have claimed simply will not happen.

Justify your prediction all you want, these are facts.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 01-12-2012, 10:54 AM   #67
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619 View Post
Finally a marketing CAMPGION for Ecoboost!! Not just TV, but a few different media touch points all building the consumers knowledge base. The TV ad plays a part, now the paper ads give consumers you a bit more. Hopefully there’s another step with some web, radio or face book stuff that builds customer knowledge again.

It might be late, but at least it is here!!
I know it is a little sad (or is that allot?) to be quoting myself. But, I was just on ninemsn.com.au & they have ads down the side of there page about Falcon Ecoboost.. So now we have TV, paper, main stream web pages. Let’s go for 4 & now do some radio stuff!!

I'm happy with this effect by Ford. Lots of different media touch points is good marketing!!
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2012, 11:29 AM   #68
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619 View Post
do some radio stuff!!!

Already is...

And im sure there have been for a while, but they have the "Go Futher" syle adds on now.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2012, 10:01 PM   #69
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Noticed tonight they have been showing Falcon Ecoboost ads on telly, ads I haven't seen before, with that same guy from the previous ads driving the car and making various comments about the performance and economy.

Good to see Ford keeping up the pressure on TV as well as the papers.
Silver Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2012, 11:10 PM   #70
stevz
Banned

I can't believe people are getting excited over these ads. Yes I do realise something is better than nothing, but imo they are a disgracefully pathetic effort and cringeworthy to be honest, especially the Mondeo ad where Ecoboost is pronounced as "echoboost" - what were they thinking?
stevz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2012, 11:16 PM   #71
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

..... its a 15 second grab done repetitively. Do you want them to be Academy award stuff or just state what the cars are all about? Ford seem to be just that little bit more pro active in the marketing department than Holden as of late ...... If they work, great.

Another case of damned if you do, damned it you don't ...... for some.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 16-12-2012, 11:32 PM   #72
mike_nofx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau View Post
..... its a 15 second grab done repetitively. Do you want them to be Academy award stuff or just state what the cars are all about? Ford seem to be just that little bit more pro active in the marketing department than Holden as of late ...... If they work, great.

Another case of damned if you do, damned it you don't ...... for some.
I wouldn't fully agree... No advertising is bad, but BAD advertising is also bad.
That cuddle from Mother Nature ad is just so bland, it would just totally slip right under the radar of just about anyone who watches it. You could see it a hundred times and still not know what it's about.

Ask someone whose not a ford nut if they have seen "the ad where a guy says he gets a cuddle from Mother Nature" if they have, ask if they remember what it's about.

Now what they need is Rhonda and Ketut driving an Ecoboost, that'll get people talking about an ad!
mike_nofx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 17-12-2012, 12:33 AM   #73
baboon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: went to the trouble of posting up some great Vids of the AFF drag meet 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevz View Post
I can't believe people are getting excited over these ads. Yes I do realise something is better than nothing, but imo they are a disgracefully pathetic effort and cringeworthy to be honest, especially the Mondeo ad where Ecoboost is pronounced as "echoboost" - what were they thinking?
You seen the opel ad?

I always thought that with the mondeo ad, Ford was trying to say "hey you euro car drivers, this euro guy likes it, why not give it a try?"
baboon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2012, 07:57 AM   #74
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I finally saw it last night... Falcon ecoboost add, then the mondeo ecoboost afterwards.

Well done guys! bout time

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post