Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-07-2012, 06:55 PM   #61
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Falcon Ecoboost sales breakdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
I would be happy for now if Ford concentrated on increasing Territory sales,
that appears to be what the market really wants......
Well I'm buying one...the Terry just can do more apart from 0-100 in 5.1..
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2012, 07:08 PM   #62
falconnut
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If i had the money i would get a territory too, but its out of my range.
falconnut is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2012, 07:46 PM   #63
Bossxr8
Peter Car

This is such a shock, a car no one knows anything about and it doesn't sell. Einstein alert.

They set this thing to fail from the start. They spent millions on it and then not a cent on telling the public it exists. But I guess this was put in motion by the previous management who weren't given the task by Detroit to shut down the Falcon and get a global platform in its place. Bob Graziano is going to get a huge promotion soon as he's done exactly what Detroit wanted him too. The plan to switch to 6 or 7 global platforms down from 22 can't happen if it means cutting successful models does it, better to make it unsuccessful first and then use that as an excuse.

I'm hoping that at least a switch to Mondeo and exports throughout Asia keep a lot of people in a job, cause a total shutdown will be devastating for Geelong.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2012, 08:02 PM   #64
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Strange.
Toyota are advertising new Aurion every 10 mins on 9 Qld,'
Ford did nothing for Ecoboost Falcon.
When you match it up against other biggish cars it stands up well.
But the public wont know about it unless it is advertised.
kevino is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2012, 08:07 PM   #65
JG34JA

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son
But if you dont want an SUV? If I'm going to buy a 4wd, it may as well be a decent offroader.. the Terri isnt that, not that it ever tried to be.

You could tell Ford didnt care about the wagon market when they continued to sell something that basically looked like an EA more than a decade after that model disappeared. Little wonder noone else took it seriously.

The laughable thing is... the wagon at one point probably sold as much as all Falcons do now, and even then it wasnt considered worthy of further investment.
I agree with you B0son. I'd love to see a Falcon wagon, I'd buy one as my surf beast. There certainly has been a shift back towards wagons since before the BF3 was dropped. Being a Ford fan, the Territory has been a great family alternative. I can also understand lots of people don't want an SUV. (You will do well with a more hardcore offroader, funny thing was the Territory appealed as our family had just spent 7 years with one and wanted more road comfort. Right product at the right time, kind of thing. It still has the guts to do the heavy snow trips, can go over a decent snow drift kitted with chains, but honestly I was looking for more wheelarch and ground clearance over the holidays, for the first time in a long time...)
JG34JA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2012, 08:07 PM   #66
geehaa
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

wow this threads rocks. same commentary from the same people.
"ecoboost sucks"
"diesel would have killed it"

1 vote for closure
geehaa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2012, 08:09 PM   #67
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Anyone thinking that Ford is really struggling to get supplies of Ecoboost 2.0 engines out of Valencia?

Perhaps there's no point in advertising if you can't get supplies of the engine....just sayin'
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2012, 08:18 PM   #68
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
It might be timely to remember that until recently, 75% of Falcon manufactured were to fleets.
so all the finger pointing about lack of advertising is lost on fleet managers but now that Fords fleet buyers
have now moved onto other products, maybe it's time that Ford started looking at and listening to private buyers.

Yeah, start listening to what those people want instead of repackaging failed fleet sales attempts..
Which makes the fact EB4 did not meet NSW government standards MIND BLOWNING!! Like, how dumb are management for god sack? NSW is the largest state, has no affiliation to Ford, Toyota for Holden & yet they failed to meet the needs of the NSW government. The whole point to EB4 was to get fleets to buy it. And now I'm reading it still does not meet NSW standards. Total & complete incompetence. I'm glad these Muppets aren't running the company I work for!!
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2012, 08:30 PM   #69
djst1
Starter Motor

As had been said before- The Average joe is not even aware there is a turbo4 Falcon.
Ask a person walking by on the street about the Falcon,then ask them about a Hybrid Camry.
People do not desire or purchase things they are not aware of or have a certain perception of.
djst1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2012, 08:31 PM   #70
mr smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
This is such a shock, a car no one knows anything about and it doesn't sell. Einstein alert.

They set this thing to fail from the start. They spent millions on it and then not a cent on telling the public it exists. But I guess this was put in motion by the previous management who weren't given the task by Detroit to shut down the Falcon and get a global platform in its place. Bob Graziano is going to get a huge promotion soon as he's done exactly what Detroit wanted him too. The plan to switch to 6 or 7 global platforms down from 22 can't happen if it means cutting successful models does it, better to make it unsuccessful first and then use that as an excuse.

I'm hoping that at least a switch to Mondeo and exports throughout Asia keep a lot of people in a job, cause a total shutdown will be devastating for Geelong.
Bingo.
Look at the backlash over the funding from the govt and the job losses, imagine the task of shutting down OZ mfg if the cars were selling.
I do think a total closure is the end game.
mr smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2012, 08:33 PM   #71
falconnut
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ford Australia are not advertising the falcons because its probably costing them alot of money to make and nobody is buying them because there is no advertising.

Why is this happening?

Well i guess Global Ford is coming down on Australian made cars so they can push their new global platform crap.

Nothing interesting or new about ANOTHER FWD Turbo with **** fuel economy and no space inside.
Old 17-07-2012, 08:43 PM   #72
tranquilized
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8

Boss you've said pretty much this before on the forums, and I completely agree with you. Its blatantly obvious that Graziano's brief was to wrap the Falcon up, and he's doing a damn fine job! Coyote, EcoLpi, and Ecoboost were all decisions made on previous managements watch, and no doubt were the reason for the change of CEO so soon - head office installed someone more sympathetic to their own goals.

He's being helped by the fact that no one really wants a 3 box sedan anymore - even if the Falcon had a hybrid diesel V8 with 500kw and got 2.8lt/100km I doubt it would cause much of an increase in sales. The diesel vs ecoboost argument is absolutely irrelevant.

No chance in hell Falcon will continue beyond 2016.
No chance in hell we'll get a RWD replacement.

Best we can hope for is local manufacture of whatever FOA can make a solid business case for.
tranquilized is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2012, 08:49 PM   #73
mr smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquilized
Its blatantly obvious that Graziano's brief was to wrap the Falcon up, and he's doing a damn fine job! Coyote, EcoLpi, and Ecoboost were all decisions made on previous managements watch, and no doubt were the reason for the change of CEO so soon - head office installed someone more sympathetic to their own goals.
IMO Osboure saw the value of OZ and was not prepared to be the toe cutter and it was to close to home for Burela.
mr smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2012, 08:55 PM   #74
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

New Oak Ford has been advertising Falcon for a while all over 91.5 SmoothFM here in Melbourne.

But thats not Ford Australia doing it, dealership.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2012, 09:01 PM   #75
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
Which makes the fact EB4 did not meet NSW government standards MIND BLOWNING!! Like, how dumb are management for god sack? NSW is the largest state, has no affiliation to Ford, Toyota for Holden & yet they failed to meet the needs of the NSW government. The whole point to EB4 was to get fleets to buy it. And now I'm reading it still does not meet NSW standards. Total & complete incompetence. I'm glad these Muppets aren't running the company I work for!!
Ecoboost got stitched up on the Pollution Rating, how can the 4.0 get a better rating than Ecoboost?
Old 17-07-2012, 09:24 PM   #76
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by djst1
As had been said before- The Average joe is not even aware there is a turbo4 Falcon.
Ask a person walking by on the street about the Falcon,then ask them about a Hybrid Camry.
People do not desire or purchase things they are not aware of or have a certain perception of.
The average Joe does not know there is a turbo 6, ecoLPi or FPV and does not know that Falcon is RWD and nor do they care.

Ford are really only interested in people who buy NEW cars and there are enormous amounts of information available to anyone who actually wants to look for it.

Toyota is the largest seller. Right now without looking it up what is the engine capacity, max power, max torque and final drive of a Camry and which models are available in manual?

Or are you a below average Joe........
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2012, 09:32 PM   #77
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Anyone thinking that Ford is really struggling to get supplies of Ecoboost 2.0 engines out of Valencia?

Perhaps there's no point in advertising if you can't get supplies of the engine....just sayin'
I don't buy it. Orders are what matters and its just like every other Falcon variant bar LPi, they have next to no forward orders for them. LPi is in high demand but dealers can't get hold of them, like they are deliberately being held back. We're building 30+ LPi's a day, so where the hell are they going if Ford are claiming it only makes up 10% of sales, yet dealers are screaming out for them cause the waiting period is like 3 months or something.

Quote:
Deliberate attempt to sabotage it? This thing should so easily be Euro 5 or even 6 compatible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquilized
Boss you've said pretty much this before on the forums, and I completely agree with you. Its blatantly obvious that Graziano's brief was to wrap the Falcon up, and he's doing a damn fine job! Coyote, EcoLpi, and Ecoboost were all decisions made on previous managements watch, and no doubt were the reason for the change of CEO so soon - head office installed someone more sympathetic to their own goals.

He's being helped by the fact that no one really wants a 3 box sedan anymore - even if the Falcon had a hybrid diesel V8 with 500kw and got 2.8lt/100km I doubt it would cause much of an increase in sales. The diesel vs ecoboost argument is absolutely irrelevant.

No chance in hell Falcon will continue beyond 2016.
No chance in hell we'll get a RWD replacement.

Best we can hope for is local manufacture of whatever FOA can make a solid business case for.
Its telling that Graziano is the highest ranked executive that Ford have ever sent to Australia.
Old 17-07-2012, 09:33 PM   #78
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Ecoboost got stitched up on the Pollution Rating, how can the 4.0 get a better rating than Ecoboost?
It should already be Euro 5 compatible to be on sale in Europe shouldn't it?
Old 17-07-2012, 09:41 PM   #79
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
petrol or LPG?
b0son is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2012, 10:47 PM   #80
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Have the rules changed? IF not, then NO excuse it good enough. If you know the rules, play to them!!
Old 17-07-2012, 10:55 PM   #81
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Have the rules changed? IF not, then NO excuse it good enough. If you know the rules, play to them!!
Did I say the rules had changed? I said that Ecoboost got stitched up on pollution rating,
I'm just curious as to how Aurion, 3.0 Omega and 4.0 Falcon can all be significantly better....

Seems to be a lot of people ready to throw hatchets...I'm off..
Old 17-07-2012, 10:59 PM   #82
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Did I say the rules had changed? I said that Ecoboost got stitched up on pollution rating,
I'm just curious as to how Aurion, 3.0 Omega and 4.0 Falcon can all be significantly better....

Seems to be a lot of people ready to throw hatchets...I'm off..
I never said you said the rules changed. But to say they got "stitched up" when they would have know the rules from the start is wrong. There was no "stitch up", just bad management. If you know the rules, build the car to play within the rules.. And the reason the other cars passed, is becuase the company building them ensured they were design to meant them!!
Old 17-07-2012, 11:04 PM   #83
Danny
GT4.

This is a multi Relevent post. Relevant to this thread and the Ford Job losses thread.

So all these people lose their jobs because Ford decided to concentrate their efforts and money on a boring, irrelevant vehicle the masses no longer would be seen dead in... No one wants a Falcon, the majority of Aussies wants class, something european and sporty and special looking, something with FLAIR in the design, something with features..

eg.
Mazda 3/6
VW Golf/Passat/Jetta
BMW 1/3 series

and

FORD FOCUS

The SADDEST thing about all this is that the current Focus is one of the most fantastic, appealing looking cars on the road, it is feature PACKED, priced well and is popular. I hear that Ford can't keep up demand, while that Falcon is so hated and ignored that OUR workers are laid off so that they can build LESS to make sure the paddocks around Broady aren't littered with thousands of unwanted units.

They canned the popular, spunky looking, potentially Cruze KILLING, and importantly - RELEVANT, Focus local production for this...

Screw the Falcon, its dead. I feel for our countrymen and friends who have been put into this position where their jobs, livelihood and family security is in jeopardy. My heart goes out to these people, I can't imagine how gutting an email like that would be for these people.

Can you imagine an Aussie built Focus with a baseline similar to that of the Cruze? I truly beleive it would murder Cruze sales with the correct marketing. Anyone who disagrees has to be incorrect.

Whoever decided to can the Focus production here in lieu of desperately kicking the can along the ground with the Falcon should now be offering their damned blood to the workers and their families that this decision has directly affected.

Shame. Bloody shame.

Last edited by Danny; 17-07-2012 at 11:09 PM.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2012, 11:08 PM   #84
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I never said you said the rules changed. But to say they got "stitched up" when they would have know the rules from the start is wrong. There was no "stitch up", just bad management. If you know the rules, build the car to play within the rules.. And the reason the other cars passed, is becuase the company building them ensured they were design to meant them!!
But it meets and complies to all current rules, the CO2 is lower, and fuel economy is better than the three examples yet that is still not enough.

Unbelivable. I think these people are searching for reasons to exclude....
Old 17-07-2012, 11:25 PM   #85
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
But it meets and complies to all current rules, the CO2 is lower, and fuel economy is better than the three examples yet that is still not enough.
Why not? What are the other criteria?
b0son is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2012, 11:44 PM   #86
Itsme
Experienced Member

Come on, put your hand up if you are fair dinkum about buying one of these.
I sure would not!!!
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2012, 12:04 AM   #87
falconnut
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would not buy one but for the average punter its got enough grunt and very good economy.

Not sure about towing though.
Old 18-07-2012, 12:38 AM   #88
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son
Why not? What are the other criteria?
OK from what Ive found on the government website, greenvehicleguide.com.au, new cars are given two ratings:

1) An emission rating which is fine, Ecoboost seems to score 6.5 which is better than 4.0 Falcon at 5.5

2) Pollution score it is given 6.5 because it is only certified to Euro 4, like the 4.0

Applicable Chart attached HERE

This is amazing because if it had been given a Beyond Euro 6 emission rating, which Ecoboost
is capable of because of US EPA Tier 2 Bin 5 variants, it would have received an 8.5 out of 10.
This is a case of the local emission lab not being able to certify vehicles beyond the current emissions level.
Until Ford can supply data that the vehicle emissions are beyond Euro 6, they stay locked at that lower level.

If I were Ford, I'd be getting the Emission status of All falcons upgraded to USA specs which is
Beyond Euro 6 ASAP. Let their techs do the work in the USA and provide the data to Australia.

Last edited by jpd80; 18-07-2012 at 12:43 AM.
Old 18-07-2012, 01:26 AM   #89
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconnut
That is true, maybe if they bought the Wagon and V8s back.
Then they would have spent plenty of R&D dollars and not sold many.
Old 18-07-2012, 01:34 AM   #90
prydey
Rob

this thread is full of win.... and winners!!

i think its about time AFF got handed back to all those who actually enjoy the products and all you other haters and so called passionate fans can go do your whinging elsewhere.

i can see no logical reason why many of you bother to join up to a ford forum.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post