Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 23-04-2012, 03:13 PM   #61
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: can i class my xr8 as a fpv?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP
No.......

A slightly tarted up Falcon is an XR6
A slightly tarted up XR6 with a bigger engine is an XR8
A slightly tarted up XR8 is a GT
A slightly tarted up GT is a GTP
A slightly tarted up GTP is a GTE

A slightly tarted up GTP / GTE will be the GTHO

So basically - if you buy a base model second hand Falcon TAXI and slightly TART IT UP half a dozen times as per above........you'll end up with a FPV GTHO.........

And here we are thinking it's all so complex ........Ex Falcon TAXI + Autobarn voucher = GTHO........
An XR6 and XR8 are both Falcons, just with a few options added as standard, like calling an old XF S-Pack an S-Pack rather then a Falcon, still just a Falcon. All FPV's started life as a Falcon, yes they are nice cars, but still just a Falcon that has been tarted up by a 3rd party.
Personally I can't see why people want to put FPV badges on their cars but not because it is "damadging the name" or the like, but more because I don't see the FPV nameplate as anything special.
Old 23-04-2012, 03:28 PM   #62
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthAu
An XR6 and XR8 are both Falcons, just with a few options added as standard, like calling an old XF S-Pack an S-Pack rather then a Falcon, still just a Falcon. All FPV's started life as a Falcon, yes they are nice cars, but still just a Falcon that has been tarted up by a 3rd party.
Personally I can't see why people want to put FPV badges on their cars but not because it is "damadging the name" or the like, but more because I don't see the FPV nameplate as anything special.
Its an aspirational thing for FORD and HOLDEN "enthusiasts" in Australia. FPV and HSV are what the M badge and the AMG badge are to mainstream Mercs and Beemers..........albeit on a more "economical" scale.
Remember - FPV and HSV are a local skunkworks and their investment needs to be recouped in a very limited market... ( AU and NZ )

For what they are......the FPV and HSV offerings are very good. They are better in every way to their cooking model brethren.

Sure.....you could by an XR6 and mod the ^&*p out of it and then whack a "Jono" badge on it.....( if your name was Jono ) ..........but somehow - methinks it just wouldn't attract the same aftermarket value and integrity if you were to sell it later on.

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Old 23-04-2012, 03:28 PM   #63
Cheese3
The BEST Falcon is the AU

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK_BA
Ill concede here, a stocky BA-BF XR8 would get pipped in a straight line race by a stock XR6T or Holden SS of the same year. I was a little upset about it.

But the GT owners who paid another $20k on top also got pipped by a XR6T or Holden SS. Imagine that feeling driving the GT thats a proper FPV?

Tickfords lol, they get hammered by everyone.
sigh... this thread made you look stupid so you put in a tickford bashing comment to try and divert attention.

I won't bother writing anything about tickford/defending as us T3 owners factually know we have a superior car stock vs stock than anything with a 5.4 and i'm not dissing the 5.4 it just comes down to pure weight distribution vs each car. Nothing more.
Old 23-04-2012, 03:38 PM   #64
RAPID_BA
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese3
sigh... this thread made you look stupid so you put in a tickford bashing comment to try and divert attention.

I won't bother writing anything about tickford/defending as us T3 owners factually know we have a superior car stock vs stock than anything with a 5.4 and i'm not dissing the 5.4 it just comes down to pure weight distribution vs each car. Nothing more.
Yes the thread makes me look stupid.

why not put a gtho badge on your t3
Old 23-04-2012, 03:38 PM   #65
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP
Its an aspirational thing for FORD and HOLDEN "enthusiasts" in Australia. FPV and HSV are what the M badge and the AMG badge are to mainstream Mercs and Beemers..........albeit on a more "economical" scale.
Remember - FPV and HSV are a local skunkworks and their investment needs to be recouped in a very limited market... ( AU and NZ )

For what they are......the FPV and HSV offerings are very good. They are better in every way to their cooking model brethren.

Sure.....you could by an XR6 and mod the ^&*p out of it and then whack a "Jono" badge on it.....( if your name was Jono ) ..........but somehow - methinks it just wouldn't attract the same aftermarket value and integrity if you were to sell it later on.
Yeah, I'm not saying they aren't a decent car, I've considered Tickford and FPV's at times, but when it comes down to it just saw better value outside of these variants.

Just pointing out there is a lot of hype with some just over a nameplate rather then the car it is attached to.
Old 23-04-2012, 03:48 PM   #66
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthAu
Yeah, I'm not saying they aren't a decent car, I've considered Tickford and FPV's at times, but when it comes down to it just saw better value outside of these variants.

Just pointing out there is a lot of hype with some just over a nameplate rather then the car it is attached to.
Absolutely......

There are some great cars out there in the 70- 100K range - no doubt....... But for most of us Bogans - the FPV and HSV are a damned good choice......besides......the other marques just don't do the stripes anywhere near as good......

Secretly though....I'd love the new generation GOLF R......

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Old 23-04-2012, 03:50 PM   #67
FLYXR8

ok i think some ppl are thinking that i wont to name it a fpv this is not the case.yes i askd can i call it a fpv as it has fpv on one of the compliens plate sorry if spelt wrong.thats y i askd. For the fpv parts was after what yous think.as i like the bages push button seats n stuff.and i would never addvitise it as a fpv if sold or tell ppl it is one.and would just like to say to the ppl that have fpv iam not trying to ofe d the fpv bages just that i like them.i dont wont to sell the xr8 and by one .
Old 23-04-2012, 03:58 PM   #68
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Keep it constructive or it will be shut down.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Old 23-04-2012, 04:00 PM   #69
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Few dudes need a chill pill.... bagging out the GT badge is the stuff of infidels....
Old 23-04-2012, 04:19 PM   #70
FLYXR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT450
Sure this is not Hulk Bas thread under an anonymous name (gaza) ???
Certainly sounds like it. couldn't be two of them could there???
LOL
GT450
lol iam gusseing hulk has done this or simler
Old 23-04-2012, 04:27 PM   #71
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
Few dudes need a chill pill.... bagging out the GT badge is the stuff of infidels....
Dude - where have u been - I've been waiting for your words of wisdom - you took too long........now we have a thread full of infidel statements......

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Old 23-04-2012, 04:31 PM   #72
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaza
hi all. Need some opinions on my xr8. its a bf 06, 6speed auto 260boss. Its in yellow she is stock as.just got some fake fpv rims. Waiting to get tyers for now. Any way this has made my think can i class my car as a fpv it has it on one of the plates saying ford performance vechicle. So would it be wrong of me to turn it in to one what i mean is by putting fpv cluster badges ect.on it or will this go bad with some. All opinions welcome. Thanks gazza

Sell it and buy a Commodore and pretend it's a Chevy!
Old 23-04-2012, 05:03 PM   #73
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP
Dude - where have u been - I've been waiting for your words of wisdom - you took too long........now we have a thread full of infidel statements......
I was busy working.. like the rest of this mob should have been...
Old 23-04-2012, 05:21 PM   #74
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Lol..all the usual suspects...

The way i see it, it will never be an FPV.

Its always gonna be a Ford XR8 but to spice it up a little i would say it is 'Body by Ford Soul by FPV' how much soul is up to you.
Old 23-04-2012, 05:44 PM   #75
FLYXR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNM96
Sell it and buy a Commodore and pretend it's a Chevy!
no need for that if i wonted a holden i wouldnt of brought the xr8 in the first place. I know this would of got negative post and that but we are starting to bad name bages and turn things in to things thy are not. Thread was to see if it could be classd as fpv and what ppl thought. Not put xt bages on gtho or whatever. i think mods should lock or deleate this as its just gone poor. Thanks to those who did help me in what i was after.
Old 23-04-2012, 05:45 PM   #76
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK_BA
Look at the all the Tickford people spruking the tickford brand. Where is it now? A bit embarrassed?
Nope not in the slightest, i much prefer Tickford cars, at least they were different unlike the B series offerings.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
Old 23-04-2012, 05:53 PM   #77
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
Nope not in the slightest, i much prefer Tickford cars, at least they were different unlike the B series offerings.
Great response from a Moderator.......LOL

Let's start a B series v Tickford thread all over again........
Some people never learn...........

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Old 23-04-2012, 05:55 PM   #78
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I dont see why not, load of people call their XY falcons GT's when they started life as a base model 500 and they seem to have cred

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
Old 23-04-2012, 05:59 PM   #79
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP
Great response from a Moderator.......LOL

Let's start a B series v Tickford thread all over again........
Some people never learn...........
Uumm last time i check i am human and im entitled to my opinion, so get off your soap box.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
Old 23-04-2012, 06:01 PM   #80
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Closed off topic, Tickford etc, etc is continuing, I doubt there anything left to be said.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Closed Thread