Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-02-2012, 03:23 AM   #61
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 
Default Re: Great Wall Motors

Guy in a courier company has one ... seemed OK at first ... but after some time the chassis has buckled under the "average" load he puts on ... doesn't even get near the maximum either.

He has the diesel model ... and reckons on a steep incline he can run faster than it as well. LOL
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2012, 09:52 AM   #62
blk6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggypoppin'
If I was starting a small construction company and had say two guys employed full time and needed a rough work ute just for kicking around bunnings and picking up bits and bobs, I'd buy the great wall for sure. Cheap and basic and I wouldn't mind throwing the keys to the boys to drive it around too. At 20 odd grand it can get as scratched and dented as I liked and I wouldn't fret at all.
Once the business got off the ground and more capital was available I'd maybe look at better utes but if the great wall proved itself I might buy another. Give things a chance I say, no harm in that.

Good point and considering that most construction companies are really watching their overheads at the moment, I expect to start seeing quite a few of these utes on construction sites.
Old 20-02-2012, 10:11 AM   #63
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk6t
single cab for $22k or less... that is really cheap.
i don't think that is cheap. considering they're made in a cheap labour country in an industry that is well protected, they probably have very good margins compared to other cars imported from japan.
Old 20-02-2012, 05:35 PM   #64
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

at least 10g' cheaper then a Thailand built Colorado...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2012, 06:17 PM   #65
Scott

They are cheap.... but they are not good value.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post