Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 11:02 AM   #61
69XWGT

There's no discipline at home and single parents are bringing up kids to be their best mates not their children.

When deserved a good flogging never hurt anyone. As a kid i got my fair share of them and each and every one one of them was deserved and i look back at it today and know it made a better person out of me.

Make grade 12 compulsory and then ship them off to National service for 12 months as soon as school is over
Old 08-02-2011, 11:27 AM   #62
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

The other problem exists in schools. Teachers tell kids that their parents can't smack them and if they do they can go to the police.

So when they come home and play up, the kids threaten their parents with the police if they get a smack, and the stupid thing is I bet some of those parents would've stood down and dropped their authority.

I can't wait until my boy gets old enough so I can teach him right and wrong.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:31 AM   #63
Paxton
Cobblers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69XWGT
Make grade 12 compulsory and then ship them off to National service for 12 months as soon as school is over
Yes, I agree.

Not only that, however... If they leave school, and do not find employment, they get a position in the Armed Forces. If that doesn't straighten them out, nothing will.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:44 AM   #64
69XWGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_Axe
The other problem exists in schools. Teachers tell kids that their parents can't smack them and if they do they can go to the police.

So when they come home and play up, the kids threaten their parents with the police if they get a smack, and the stupid thing is I bet some of those parents would've stood down and dropped their authority.

Our 11 year old was 9 at the time and tried that.
Said she was going to call the Police after her mother gave her an opened hand slap over her legs.

I told her the moment she called the Police i was going to call DOCS and put her up for adoption.
Needless to say the attitude dissappeared real fast.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:08 PM   #65
MAD
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Said she was going to call the Police after her mother gave her an opened hand slap over her legs.

I told her the moment she called the Police i was going to call DOCS and put her up for adoption.
Love it! Nothing like a good bit of primal fear to get the message across. Something that will really make their stomach sink.

I tried to runaway to my neighbours house when I was a kid. My parents said fine but if you go, dont expect to come back. I think I got to the end of the porch then turned around and unpacked my things.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:12 PM   #66
anto
Za Dom spremni

yes it is bad nowadays. I would get things like that daily to the point that my daughter was threatened with "i'll cut your f ing head off" by a kid in year 3 f that was a recent immigrant from a troubled african nation...
Ive since had to move to a more exclusive neighbourhood /school to get away from that kind of crap,...for the sake of my kids and my own sanity.
AU III XR8 red ute
Old 08-02-2011, 12:22 PM   #67
dave289
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by anto
yes it is bad nowadays. I would get things like that daily to the point that my daughter was threatened with "i'll cut your f ing head off" by a kid in year 3 f that was a recent immigrant from a troubled african nation...
Ive since had to move to a more exclusive neighbourhood /school to get away from that kind of crap,...for the sake of my kids and my own sanity.
Thats one of the main problems, to many undesirable imports, who erode our values and way of life. Thay have no respect for our country or way of life . In there country they would turn around and stab you for a cigarette, and thats the people we bring to this country. Multiculturism, the demise of the australia way of life. This is a fact so dont give me crap.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:50 PM   #68
glavas

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave289
Thats one of the main problems, to many undesirable imports, who erode our values and way of life. Thay have no respect for our country or way of life . In there country they would turn around and stab you for a cigarette, and thats the people we bring to this country. Multiculturism, the demise of the australia way of life. This is a fact so dont give me crap.

i think i love you. what you said is how i feel to the letter. my parents were white european importes but i think we have come to a point were we dont need more people from other lands. do we really want to be like the USA??? 22 million is plenty.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:00 PM   #69
anto
Za Dom spremni

it is a taboo subject and yes that is another problem in itself, and hey Im the son of an immigrant so Im not at all racist..but you're right !!
anyhow it not just the immigrants, its predominantly the local derros that dont give a rats *** what their kids do.
the stuff I saw in my last year and a half in that area had me really concerned, and I had lived there for 16 years.
there is definately a shift goin on...
AU III XR8 red ute
Old 08-02-2011, 01:11 PM   #70
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:

Lol, brilliant.

I know my real Dad tried that on me too. A story my wife told me that my brother in law was so naughty one day my in laws dropped him off out the front of the DOCS centre and drove off and left him there to think about what he did. They came back 10 minutes later.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:36 PM   #71
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_Axe

I'm not so sure this is the case entirely - kids aren't told this by teachers who have been teaching for an extended period, and if they are, there is something more sinister wrong. Teacher's aren't allowed to discipline children anymore - my parents were both teachers. My old man used to drag kids out of the classroom by their ears in the 70's and 80's, in the late 90's and 00's a student could stand over my mother and intimidate her, and the school stood by the kid.

Parents aren't allowed to smack their children - this was brought in by the government.

Police can't control them, because a judge says we have to be 'nice to them because they've had a bad upbringing'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glavas
i think i love you. what you said is how i feel to the letter. my parents were white european importes but i think we have come to a point were we dont need more people from other lands. do we really want to be like the USA??? 22 million is plenty.
And I certainly don't think the 'import' theory works either. Passing blame onto someone else maybe, but it doesn't solve the issue. Why should we absolve our guilt by blaming a refugee or an 'import' as you so deftly put it. No wonder the future generations won't take responsibility...we don't...

Continually having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Sez

Photo's by Sez
Old 08-02-2011, 02:11 PM   #72
Fled74
The Thread Killa

Just waiting for the thread to be locked...

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Old 08-02-2011, 03:07 PM   #73
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Where do some of you people live? Sounds like you have to deal with a lot of lowlifes. There are a few idiot teens around teh shops here, but I have not yet had a direct problem with them.

Quote:

What for everyone? Or just the drop kicks?

I'm 'only' 20 but I think kids should be hit if they continuously do things wrong. Of course you only use it as a last resort. I got hit a few times as a kid and I am glad I did. I was pretty well behaved as a kid, but I knew about it when I wasn't and it worked.

I think its ******** that all these do gooders say you cannot hit your kids no matter what.
When I was 19 I was at the shops with my 2 brothers aged 9 and 12. The 12 year old decided he wanted to act like a little smart *** *****. He started doing little things and I told him to stop, he just kept going and started acting worse. He ended up getting avacardo off the shelf at Coles and threw it at me. I went off at him and slapped him across the legs in the middle of the store. He started crying, swearing and trying to kick and punch me. I grab him by the arms and pushed him out the door and told him to find his own way home. Even my 9yo brother was telling him to stop acting stupid.
What else was I supposed to do. Not touch him and let him continue throwing stuff around and act like a *****?
I can tell you it worked on him, he hasn't done anything like that again. When he starts to act stupid I remind him of what happened and he starts doing as his told.
Old 08-02-2011, 04:05 PM   #74
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Closed

Some of the posts are what I would consider constructive, on the other side a good percentage of the thread would be unallowable under the Site Terms & Conditions.
In short, the following things are not permitted:
1. Posts about or containing references to: religion, race, politics, sensitive or controversial subjects.
2. Posts that are (or could reasonably be considered to be): defamatory, threatening, invasive of privacy, or which otherwise violate any law applicable within Australia.
3. Posts that are disrespectful or insulting to another forum member. Remember that everyone is entitled to their opinion as long as it is expressed in a reasoned manner.
Full T/C can be read here.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/announc...nouncementid=2

================================================== =======
Also don't forget to make your plans for this AFF event.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11321780

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW

Last edited by SpoolMan; 08-02-2011 at 04:10 PM.
Closed Thread