Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 15-10-2010, 12:13 AM   #61
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP006
What about when that Coyote kills a Lion though?
I've vote for it to be the next Prime Minister! then i'd throw the left over turtle at the old PM...
Old 15-10-2010, 12:15 AM   #62
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by msman
damn you, i clicked on both links
And what did we learn?

¡snoıɹǝs buıǝq s,ǝɥ ssǝןun ɐʇsʞıɹ ʎq pǝpıʌoɹd sʞuıן ʎuɐ ʇsnɹʇ ʇ,uop :ɹǝʍsuɐ
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Old 15-10-2010, 12:41 AM   #63
fmc351
let it burn

I wonder how many of you posted in that other thread on things happening to animals? Albeit under very different circumstances.

When my boy was 4 or so, he was playng with the hose, he went to snap the fitting in the end but it wouldnt go in, he kept trying. After a few goes he looks in the end to see why, theres a lizard in there, now dead. He started crying so i explained to him it wasnt his fault it was an accident, didnt help. So we went inside and made a small cross from toothpicks and a paper sign that said lizard which we taped on and we buried it. For the next few days I watched him as he came home from kindy or wherever we'd been to see if he noticed it, he did for a few days and then walked past without looking so I removed it. There are alternatives to 'harden up'. Some things a kid that age doesnt need to know about unless he lives on a farm.

Its funny how some people think this will have no long term effect on the kid. Yet suggest its good for them to learn, why? Apparently you think things have no effect on kids. While I get the irony of the story and can chuckle, I wouldnt expect an 8 yr old too, if he did, I d be taking him to a quack to see if there was something amiss. Kids deal with other forms of loss which prepares them, friends move away etc.

Oh and before you leap to conclusions, Im a shooter.
Old 15-10-2010, 12:49 AM   #64
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Aussie
Who cares?
I once tried to release a bluetongue after I had it for a pet for a few months, and a Wedgetail promptly flew down and took off with it.

People need to have a teaspoon of cement and harden up. Its good for kids to see their pet turtle get eaten. Makes a man out of him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351
I wonder how many of you posted in that other thread on things happening to animals? Albeit under very different circumstances.

When my boy was 4 or so, he was playng with the hose, he went to snap the fitting in the end but it wouldnt go in, he kept trying. After a few goes he looks in the end to see why, theres a lizard in there, now dead. He started crying so i explained to him it wasnt his fault it was an accident, didnt help. So we went inside and made a small cross from toothpicks and a paper sign that said lizard which we taped on and we buried it. For the next few days I watched him as he came home from kindy or wherever we'd been to see if he noticed it, he did for a few days and then walked past without looking so I removed it. There are alternatives to 'harden up'. Some things a kid that age doesnt need to know about unless he lives on a farm.

Its funny how some people think this will have no long term effect on the kid. Yet suggest its good for them to learn, why? Apparently you think things have no effect on kids. While I get the irony of the story and can chuckle, I wouldnt expect an 8 yr old too, if he did, I d be taking him to a quack to see if there was something amiss. Kids deal with other forms of loss which prepares them, friends move away etc.

Oh and before you leap to conclusions, Im a shooter.
Yep, facts of life, but it's our job to teach them - sometimes not in ideal ways. We had goldfish, and when they died, we didn't just flush them, we waited for the kids to wake up, showed them what happened to their fish, and then got them to flush them. Reality is sometimes harsh, but needs to be faced - cottonwool is good for removing makeup (so I'm told).
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
Old 15-10-2010, 01:26 AM   #65
3vXT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Yep, facts of life, but it's our job to teach them - sometimes not in ideal ways. We had goldfish, and when they died, we didn't just flush them, we waited for the kids to wake up, showed them what happened to their fish, and then got them to flush them. Reality is sometimes harsh, but needs to be faced - cottonwool is good for removing makeup (so I'm told).
There is a big difference between a goldfish dying then being flushed down the toilet to this though.

Imagine if the fish was healthy, you're having breakfast with your kids one morning and a 6 meter bastard shark smashes through the window, eats the goldfish, then runs out the back door on its rear flippers.
Old 15-10-2010, 02:23 AM   #66
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken2903
There is a big difference between a goldfish dying then being flushed down the toilet to this though.

Imagine if the fish was healthy, you're having breakfast with your kids one morning and a 6 meter bastard shark smashes through the window, eats the goldfish, then runs out the back door on its rear flippers.
Why didn't you just pick a cat?
Old 15-10-2010, 02:34 AM   #67
HLC
Audi S3

i see both sides.

humour and horror.

I use to hunt a lot, especially rabbits. funnily enough i also have a pet rabbit (that my mum now cares for over east!). I would be devo if anything happened to my rabbit, but ill happily go and plug rabbits in a field all day.

Similarly if it was my turtle, i'd be devo as well.

crap happens.

but im still having a chuckle about how much it must suck!
Old 15-10-2010, 02:46 AM   #68
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken2903

I think the kids would want me to catch the shark!
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
Old 15-10-2010, 03:40 AM   #69
Maggot
Half an aussie garage!!

My lot would have looked around for another turtle!
Old 15-10-2010, 08:58 AM   #70
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Sad that it happened, sadder that it made international news, and even worse that it's being argued over on an automotive forum.
Closed Thread