Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 30-07-2010, 08:17 AM   #61
66GT

just a little off topic, am i correct in saying from the info. stated (that all road rules apply) that in some states it's illegal to drive an unregistered & or unroadworthy vehicle on your private property? as i currently have 1 driveable unregistered car, 2 registered cars (currently unroadworthy as being restored but still driveable) in my yard?
Old 30-07-2010, 10:36 AM   #62
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66GT
just a little off topic, am i correct in saying from the info. stated (that all road rules apply) that in some states it's illegal to drive an unregistered & or unroadworthy vehicle on your private property?
Ask Tony Cochrane
Old 30-07-2010, 11:54 AM   #63
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP006
Ask Tony Cochrane
Can of worms anyone ?
Old 30-07-2010, 03:19 PM   #64
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My uncle many years ago got fined being drunk on a horse ???
Not drink driving,but a drinking offence
Young apprentice had a few drinks after work one nite,ran outta fuel on way home
Cops got him while he was filling up his car with a fuel tin ???
Some offences MITE not be drink driving
BUT
There are many other offences they can get you with
Drunk disorderly,being drunk in a public place,public nusance
I think theres some very good info here regarding this issue
Its really a mute point
Have a few drinks on your own property run around the paddocks,BUT if u act up like an idiot cause an accident or the neighbours call the boys,you get charged
Only yourself to blame
Old 30-07-2010, 05:31 PM   #65
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well yet again the bias displayed by some on here is redily apparent.

The orginal poster has not bothered to find the relevent act, nor have those who actually believe what has been written.

There is no grey area.

The Road Transport ACT (or what ever it is called in the states, terrirtories in this country) is self explanitory in its own TITLE.

This mean that everyone driving on a ROAD (as defined within the act), which includes foot paths, verge, car parks, etc... is bound by these laws.

The driving offence of drink driving is part of this act.
It is not a seperate law.
That means it is also bound as to how far the act reaches... ie: a road as defined in the act.

Driving an unregistered car on private land is not against the road act.
Driving a modified car on private land is not against the act.
Driving while drunk on private land in not bound by the act.

The orginal poster would have you believe that this is not the case.

Sorry but you dont need a permit to have a modified car on display at a car show on private land. (unless you drive it there)

Auto motive wrecking yards do not require permits to drive their unregistered, unroadworthy cars around the yard.

An unregistered vehicle parked on a road is not breaking the road act (that comes under council by-laws).

Quote:
My uncle many years ago got fined being drunk on a horse ???
Not drink driving,but a drinking offence
A horse is defined as a vehicle in all states and riding while drunk on a public road or public land is an offence. So is riding a bike, skateboard, motorized scooter etc...

Quote:
Have a few drinks on your own property run around the paddocks,BUT if u act up like an idiot cause an accident or the neighbours call the boys,you get charged
Running amok (excessive noise) is a by law by council. Doing donuts which cause dust for instance on your property is not covered by the road act. There are nuisance and environment laws which cover that.

So again I ask to see where this myth comes from and to find the relelvent act which covers being in charge of a vehicle on private land (ie: your home or farm).

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Old 30-07-2010, 07:51 PM   #66
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

An unregistered vehicle parked on a road is not breaking the road act ???
HHHMMM,
How about you sit in this car with the engine running and see what my plod says about that
Im sure you could get done for
Unregistered,uninsured and that wouldnt be from the council,that would come from the boys in blue

Im sure this thread was locked yesterday,
Maybe it should have stayed that way,it seems we are just goin round in circles again
If you personally have an issue with these laws,run the risk yourself and see what happens
Generally its only when u are caught that a charge can be bought against you
Whats really the main issue here
DONT drink and drive full stop
Is it that hard
Closed Thread