Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 19-06-2007, 03:41 PM   #61
BA_Turbs
Allan Smithee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ED Classic
Years ago yes but with DNA, Forensic, Ballistic, Fingerprints, Video Footage, (Most of the time) Victims Statement...They do.

Good luck to you, but I would never get involved as a witness.

You watch too much TV. What happens on CSI is Science Fiction.

Why do you think the solve rate of major crime in NSW is so low? It's becuase the public do not hold the police there in as high a regard as the Victorian public do their police. As a result, the police get relatively little co-operation from the public in NSW.

Its also why detectives call the TMU (HWP) 'Jury ****ers'. They are out there booking the public that police rely heavily on to solve crime.

Tips from the public meant that police knew who the gunman was within one hour of the actual shooting.

I maintain you are selfish. Everyone should do their bit if called on. You never know when it might be you begging for witnesses when you are the victim of a crime.
BA_Turbs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2007, 05:53 PM   #62
AC
Saving for a Jet Car

As much as most of you like to get razzed up about how terrible bikies and the underworld are and all thier dealings, ect. I think a few of you need to remember the two men who came to the the womans aid. Little has been said of them as of yet.

The 43yo Solicitor and the 25yo Dutch backpacker are both hero's.
They are the ones to be commended and honoured for thier bravery.

Remember the Hero's, Not the villan. :ticking:
AC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2007, 06:13 PM   #63
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC
As much as most of you like to get razzed up about how terrible bikies and the underworld are and all thier dealings, ect. I think a few of you need to remember the two men who came to the the womans aid. Little has been said of them as of yet.

Its hard to say without it coming across badly, but the fact that it was some nice backpacker who was on holiday makes it worse somehow. If you know what I mean, its tragic that it happened at all, but god, not good.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2007, 07:23 PM   #64
AC
Saving for a Jet Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
Its hard to say without it coming across badly, but the fact that it was some nice backpacker who was on holiday makes it worse somehow. If you know what I mean, its tragic that it happened at all, but god, not good.

So true.
Old 19-06-2007, 08:05 PM   #65
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
Ignoring the USA bashing, have you even heard of Milperra, Hoddle street, Queen street, Port Arthur or Monash Uni?
Or the Strathfield Massacre
Old 19-06-2007, 11:58 PM   #66
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA_Turbs
You watch too much TV. What happens on CSI is Science Fiction.

Why do you think the solve rate of major crime in NSW is so low? It's becuase the public do not hold the police there in as high a regard as the Victorian public do their police. As a result, the police get relatively little co-operation from the public in NSW.

Its also why detectives call the TMU (HWP) 'Jury ****ers'. They are out there booking the public that police rely heavily on to solve crime.

Tips from the public meant that police knew who the gunman was within one hour of the actual shooting.

I maintain you are selfish. Everyone should do their bit if called on. You never know when it might be you begging for witnesses when you are the victim of a crime.
Nah never begged for witnesses yet and wont in the second half of my life.. Keep calling me selfish if you get off on it.. but I wouldnt get involved
ED Classic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2007, 12:00 AM   #67
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

No... tips from people who knew him..not the public...You are wrong
ED Classic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2007, 09:24 AM   #68
XA Coupsta
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA Coupsta
I might be wrong but I didnt think the shot woman was his partner at all?

He infact bashed his girlfriend on the stairs of this Barcode nightclub (knocked her out - kicked and all) - the female who was shot saw it happen - went back into the club to raise the alarm.

Then as she is leaving soon after and getting into a cab this guy has gone for her - the bystanders step in - we know what happens from there.

Bit unfair to say its her problem/she's silly enough to go out with him. Perhaps she is not linked with this person in that manner. And besides I find those comments ridiculous even if she was his girlfriend (which I dont think she is anyway).
I stand corrected. He was in a relationship with the female who was shot.
XA Coupsta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2007, 12:24 PM   #69
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ED Classic
No... tips from people who knew him..not the public...You are wrong
Police aren't going to say it was people who knew him that dropped him in it , they are still the public too, but I know what you mean.
Old 20-06-2007, 01:53 PM   #70
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC

I don't think anybody here is forgetting these two guys. They are hero's That's why the whole incident is so upsetting. And I haven't see anyone here suggesting otherwise.

So why the lecture?........ "a few of you need to remember"
I think you're on the wrong tram on this one
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2007, 07:38 PM   #71
JTFG
In a Ford..at last!

Well he has turned himself in, guessing everyone knows that by now!
JTFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2007, 07:54 PM   #72
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

Nope, thats good.
Old 20-06-2007, 08:01 PM   #73
Thornie
Off smelting

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0nni
Well he has turned himself in, guessing everyone knows that by now!

yep, just saw that on the news, apparently hells angels turned him loose and want nothing to do with him, and he was quoted as being "a dead man walking".
Thornie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2007, 08:01 PM   #74
Flouro_Joe
Banned

Game over. He will be an OLD man by the time he gets out, if he gets out.
Flouro_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2007, 08:37 PM   #75
bob^
LPS

Quote:
You're selfish.

The only reason our system works as often as it does is because everyone does their bit when called up. Whether its jury duty (which is poxy), being a witness or whatever other role. If everyone had your attitude crimes wouldn't get solved.
So you would happily be a witness to something that will put you and your families life in danger with no hesitation? Ahuh

Also the Hells Angels have said something along the lines of they have washed their hands of him for what he has done.
bob^ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2007, 09:02 AM   #76
AC
Saving for a Jet Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbzetec
I don't think anybody here is forgetting these two guys. They are hero's That's why the whole incident is so upsetting. And I haven't see anyone here suggesting otherwise.

So why the lecture?........ "a few of you need to remember"
I think you're on the wrong tram on this one
Upsetting indeed.

Why the lecture...?
Hardly a lecture, I could have done a long drawn out novel if i wanted...

I felt someone should give them a supportive mention, While everyone else bitched and complained about bikies, drugs and ect. I did quickly cover that previously. While it is important to hope and wait for the bad guy to be caught attention needs to be put toward those who did the right thing.
Doing the right thing is something we are starting to do less and les of, its easier just to walk away and not get involved.

Im a little bias being that i know someone who was injured in a similar circumstance a few years ago, I know its important to think of those who get hurt or worse. Those who do step up to the plate and do the right thing.

It doesnt happen enough these days, which is also sad.

As for being on the wrong tram, we drive a thing called "cars" in Sydney ;)
Trams are so 1900's
Old 21-06-2007, 10:16 AM   #77
Eb Barbie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC
Agreed.

I think its a bit of an overstatement to say we are getting more like the USA.

In the USA, 4 people are killed every hour by guns and i bet none or very little of it is headline news all day long like it has here today and probly most of the next few days...
Some interesting Stats on Firearms in the USA

So before you all jump the proverbial GUN and start saying we are becoming like America in that regard, take a second look before comment.

Sure we are getting some cultural similarites, but ours is not based on thiers or their history of being allowed to bare arms, not to mention our gun laws are much stricter than thiers.
Yeah America is much more advanced with this kinda stuff and it is an everyday thing for them. Unfortunately though, they probly started out with small things like this shooting which became more and more frequent. My manager and I were heading into this area for meetings on Monday and seeing the cops everywhere and streets blocked off was scary stuff! Especially when people had been shot and the guy was on the loose. At least he has been found now. Sad to see innocent people who were just trying to help get injured. Hopefully we don't get any repeats of this incident.
Eb Barbie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post