Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-11-2011, 01:34 AM   #61
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: I feel very dirty

And the youth of today are turning to rice.
Direct your dislike to Nissan/toyota/those Renault hatchbacks.
Not cars that are basically the same.
MethodX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2011, 01:50 AM   #62
highonpsi
Starter Motor

Ohh family friend has a new maloo(6 months old). You should hear the problems he's had everything from the engine cutting out while driving leaving him with no brakes to replacing the clutch already. I really hope he just brought a lemon as it's a serious worry if not. Have heard a few problems from the fg there no saint but these problems are horrific.
highonpsi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2011, 02:32 AM   #63
RAPID_BA
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
No thankyou, I only value those that I respect but thank's all the same.
Respect or not, the facts are the facts.
RAPID_BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2011, 03:12 AM   #64
brismike
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Talking Re: I feel very dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy302
I've never understood this Ford/Holden thing. Which one is faster? who cares.
If you want to go fast get a sports bike. Yahama R1 for instance 300k's plus.
honestly, who wants to drive a car when you can ride.
Bike:
1. Cheaper to Purchase
2. Faster
3. Cheaper to run.
4. ¼ mile times cars dream about
5. And Standard too not modified.
Get a grip guys this Ford/Holden thing is crap. My daughter drives a Holden and I still love her.
And lets not stop at Number 5 ...
6 .. When it rains you get very very very wet.
7 .. You have 25 times more chance of getting killed in an accident
8 .. When you are doing 300 k's and a bug hits you in the face it can get very nasty
9 .. Cops pick on you just cos you are on a bike
10 .. If you come off you lose lots of skin

I'll keep my XR6 thanks mate.

Wife's - 2018 Peugeot 3008 Gtline, Pearl White - 6 Speed Auto - Fully Optioned.

My Toy - 2014 Smart Fortwo Passion Crystal White, Black Tridion Cell - 5 Speed Auto with Flappy Paddles - Tint - Twin Exhaust

The only good Commodore is the one now very very quickly disappearing in my rear view mirror.
brismike is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2011, 12:20 PM   #65
RAPID_BA
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brismike
And lets not stop at Number 5 ...
6 .. When it rains you get very very very wet.
7 .. You have 25 times more chance of getting killed in an accident
8 .. When you are doing 300 k's and a bug hits you in the face it can get very nasty
9 .. Cops pick on you just cos you are on a bike
10 .. If you come off you lose lots of skin

I'll keep my XR6 thanks mate.
Not to mention, after each ride having to floss all the flys and other debree out of your teeth
Old 30-11-2011, 12:29 PM   #66
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

One of the best car i have ever driven was a mate VZ Clubsport R8 with Bolt ons and tune, TBH if i was to put my Ford Goggles away i would be hard pressed to walk past a nice one at the right price.

The E-Series onwards are just plain ugly so flat out not interested and for the price would have a new GS or GT in my driveway.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2011, 01:33 PM   #67
ray38l

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttnekid
If you are not talking about supercharged then you must be talking about flywheel kilowatts there at best and to get to that 350kw flywheel marak on an SS you would need extractors back, cams, heads and a mafless tune.

A real world example - to take the L98 (the 6 litre in the SS) and put a full exhaust (with race cats), Kostecki intake and tune results in about 240 rwkw (on a good day). Add cams and that will take it to about 270 rwkw for a $10k spend.
i don't know where you get your figures from.
I will use my car as an example of how far away from reality you are. And this is just from an ls1, the new 6 litre engines respond better to mods.
Vy clubsport, cat back exhaust, otr cai, cam, upgraded valve springs and mafless tune. Last week it made 286 rwkw. Total cost( excluding cat back exhaust, it was already on it when i brought it) was $2900.
Pretty cheap i think and very easy to drive. The guy who tuned it said the only thing holding it back is the exhaust. Change that and it should make over 300rwkw easy. And i could have went a bigger cam again but decided anything bigger would just be for bragging about how much power it has.
ray38l is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2011, 01:52 PM   #68
Rodge
Banned

Quote:
I wouldn't care if they ran on rails and was the fastest thing on 4 wheels ..... to be totally Politically Correct and all .... I could never own something that's makes me laugh every time I drive past one. The designers got it right for those who couldn't be bothered shopping at Autobarn as they certainly come with the lot ...... But then that's my opinion.

You're not alone. Its clear HSV held a schoolboy competition to find the "right" designer, who not content with making it look like a motorised mecanno set had to fit a playstation to the interior
Rodge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2011, 02:23 PM   #69
RAPID_BA
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray38l
i don't know where you get your figures from.
I will use my car as an example of how far away from reality you are. And this is just from an ls1, the new 6 litre engines respond better to mods.
Vy clubsport, cat back exhaust, otr cai, cam, upgraded valve springs and mafless tune. Last week it made 286 rwkw. Total cost( excluding cat back exhaust, it was already on it when i brought it) was $2900.
Pretty cheap i think and very easy to drive. The guy who tuned it said the only thing holding it back is the exhaust. Change that and it should make over 300rwkw easy. And i could have went a bigger cam again but decided anything bigger would just be for bragging about how much power it has.
I had a LS1 with the same mods which made 282rwkw but that was with no air filter in the OTRCAI and a big angry cam. My research says this is on the high side and I had a fantastic exhaust letting it breathe. The LS1s mod for mod are about the same as the 5.4s, the 6L cars a little better
Old 30-11-2011, 02:59 PM   #70
GT 160
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Anyone know the sales figures on the HSV's v GT since the GT's release.

I know the blown GT is relatively new model and all so im just curious.

I've only seen 2 GT's on the road in the Newey/Hunter Valley area since there release and i'm sure there are more but there seems to be thousands of Clubsports and GTS's around.
GT 160 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2011, 06:34 PM   #71
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
who gives a crap what badge is on the boot... cant go wrong with a grunty big aussie built sedan......
Well said. In this economy, it shouldn't matter which side is which - support the local guys, either Red or Blue.

And, competition is good. We wouldn't have half the cars we love if it weren't for another brand giving the previous model an ****-kicking and visa versa.
onfire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2011, 06:40 PM   #72
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK_BA
The LS1s mod for mod are about the same as the 5.4s, the 6L cars a little better
but the LS1 is half the price for the mods, and the LS1 reaps a bit more power mod for mod as well
fordomatic is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2011, 07:13 PM   #73
SS_01
Erebus Motorsport Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttnekid
Are you talking about a supercharged ute? if so it is a $14k kit

If you are not talking about supercharged then you must be talking about flywheel kilowatts there at best and to get to that 350kw flywheel marak on an SS you would need extractors back, cams, heads and a mafless tune.

A real world example - to take the L98 (the 6 litre in the SS) and put a full exhaust (with race cats), Kostecki intake and tune results in about 240 rwkw (on a good day). Add cams and that will take it to about 270 rwkw for a $10k spend.

Your GS plus a $1500 tune will blow it away

I just noticed you mentioned a walkinshaw SS, now I presume you are talking about supercharged and then the 350rwkw may be possible but I think adding the cost of the ute plus the supercharger kit plus exhaust etc will be on par (money wise) with a tuned GS and the tuned GS would have circa 400rwkw
Okay, to start with, no it wasnt supercharged, yes it was 350 at the flywheel, and no, i dont see why i would need anymore than that.

Now, i can buy a new SS ute for 39990 atm, and a GS is approx 12k more, so for the money, I cant see any reason why i would go a GS, cause i can upgrade everything to make the SS go as hard in a straight line, stop better (face it, the GS brakes are ****) and handle for the same price as buying a GS. So if you just like straight line, buy the GS, for everything else, Do as i said . Btw, the ute that i drove, was from a dealer, and was for sale brand new for 49k driveaway.

I will say this too, I am a Ford man, and have only ever owned blue oval products of any of the Australian Manufacturers, but after driving this ute, and my mates new series two SSV wagon Manual, the holden represents better value for money atm.
Old 30-11-2011, 07:47 PM   #74
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
I had a LS1 with the same mods which made 282rwkw but that was with no air filter in the OTRCAI and a big angry cam. My research says this is on the high side and I had a fantastic exhaust letting it breathe. The LS1s mod for mod are about the same as the 5.4s, the 6L cars a little better
When are you going to trade your slower BA XR8 on a faster LS1 that you love so much.
I think a few members in this thread need to buy an HSV
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2011, 08:05 PM   #75
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
who gives a crap what badge is on the boot... cant go wrong with a grunty big aussie built sedan......
This man has the right attitude. If you like it drive it who really cares.
blackf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2011, 09:11 PM   #76
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Respect or not, the facts are the facts.
Your opinion and the fact's are two different thing's, or should I say your opinion and reality are two different thing's.

I never asked for your opinion and I never asked for your input, what part of my reply did you not understand.
galaxy xr8 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2011, 09:24 PM   #77
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83

not me - proud to say i never been near oxford street or the melbourne equivalent
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2011, 09:52 PM   #78
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW_060606
Okay, to start with, no it wasnt supercharged, yes it was 350 at the flywheel, and no, i dont see why i would need anymore than that.

Now, i can buy a new SS ute for 39990 atm, and a GS is approx 12k more, so for the money, I cant see any reason why i would go a GS, cause i can upgrade everything to make the SS go as hard in a straight line, stop better (face it, the GS brakes are ****) and handle for the same price as buying a GS. So if you just like straight line, buy the GS, for everything else, Do as i said . Btw, the ute that i drove, was from a dealer, and was for sale brand new for 49k driveaway.

I will say this too, I am a Ford man, and have only ever owned blue oval products of any of the Australian Manufacturers, but after driving this ute, and my mates new series two SSV wagon Manual, the holden represents better value for money atm.
No. The GM Holden does not offer better buying. Your stuck with an inferior product in the end at a higher price.

The FG2 Falcon XR6 Turbo Ute is $39,190 and offers equal (manual) or more (auto) power, more torque and better economy and with the new release more kit.

You could do a damn lot to an XR6T with $10k difference to that $49k GMH Ute. Bigger brakes, tune, injectors, cat back exhaust, custom leather seats, whiteline swaybars etc.

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2011, 12:27 AM   #79
RAPID_BA
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
Your opinion and the fact's are two different thing's, or should I say your opinion and reality are two different thing's.

I never asked for your opinion and I never asked for your input, what part of my reply did you not understand.
You did ask how the opposition goes compared to yours. I could tell you nut your not gonna like it.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:56 AM   #80
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Enough guys...take it to PM please.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:11 AM   #81
joolz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I buy what is majority made in Australia and that is the Ford Falcon. Apart from the obvious that’s imported like the ZF transmissions and the Barra V8's the majority is made here. Now on the other hand a lot of the Commodore is imported down to the nuts and bolts. Toyota in Altona may be on par with Holden for importing components and simply assembling here.
Hey my first car was going going to be a HJ prem!!
joolz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2011, 02:25 AM   #82
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by joolz
I buy what is majority made in Australia and that is the Ford Falcon. Apart from the obvious that’s imported like the ZF transmissions and the Barra V8's the majority is made here. Now on the other hand a lot of the Commodore is imported down to the nuts and bolts. Toyota in Altona may be on par with Holden for importing components and simply assembling here.
Hey my first car was going going to be a HJ prem!!
And in the end they are both American multinationals.
So whats the difference.....
MethodX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2011, 02:39 AM   #83
joolz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodX
Australian jobs.
joolz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2011, 02:40 AM   #84
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodX
none really.. top of the tree red or blue they hammer.. they both employ plenty of locals......
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2011, 10:53 AM   #85
RAPID_BA
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
When are you going to trade your slower BA XR8 on a faster LS1 that you love so much.
I would feel dirty doing so. The Ls1 is a good match for the 5.4, mod for mod probably faster as you say.

But the dealbreaker for me is the rest of the car that is attached to the LS1. The Ba is so much better. To get a HSV or SS, I may as well get a billy cart and attach a ls1 to it.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:56 AM   #86
Perko
Loving The Blown Goodness

Hahaha. Well didn't this thread travel down an inevitable path yet again. The truth is that depending which side of the fence you sit on both Holden and Ford make great cars for the money. This is why shows like Top Gear and Fifth Gear rave about our performance vehicles. Good old fashions grunt in an honest chassis. None is more right or wrong. It's just an opinion and if you are happy to fork out money for it then that's all that matters.

From my point of view I have drive both the VE series and HSV's. Must admit I loved the series one ute and the look of the HSV's. Hate the look of the latest model though. The ute had plenty of grunt, OK interior, looked more complete then the FG XR8 but in the end I still got a smile (and still do) out of my BA. So no Holden for me now or in the foreseeable future. I am however, very interested in seeing what the new GS ute looks like. If it comes up with the goods then my supercharging/cams plans may well go on the shelf and I may have to slip down to my FPV dealer....

So can we stop the pointless name calling and rubbish that goes on. It is starting to get very old very quickly, and it is starting to ruin good threads that have constructive opinions.

Previous 2003 BA XR8 Ute Phantom
Ford Forum Build Thread

The Project 1991 EB XR8 Sedan Monza Red
Project Build Thread
Perko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2011, 01:03 PM   #87
b2tf
not here much anymore

You bunch of shirleys. I like my Fords but I'd buy a VE Maloo tomorrow if I could - couldnt care less what anybody thinks, i pay for it so i pick it!
Old 01-12-2011, 01:41 PM   #88
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I love the E3 HSVs, make the older ones look like Camries. They are a very brash, in your face sexy car.

The HSVs reminds me of one those chicks you see. You know? The ones with bright purple hair, tattoos, piercings and a killer body. Do want.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2011, 02:24 PM   #89
RAPID_BA
Banned

I actually saw a e3 HSV in white right next to a FG GT in a blue.

The FG GT looked like a XT falcon whilst the E3 looked like it would chop your head off if you make eye contact.

Its a pitty the FG GT would bolt away from it should push come to shove.

for looks id take the HSV all day. performance its the ford.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:47 PM   #90
Rodge
Banned

The Title of this thread is wrong.

Lets be honest this is just HSV v FPV and Holden V Ford, geez havn't we done this all before... Maybe one of the mods would be kind enough to lock it up before it gets really silly.
Rodge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post